Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Babysitters

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

How much do babysitters charge these days. I rarely left callum with a babysitter and remember i used to get £5 when i did it. Just curious as i was thinking of doing some

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Whatever you charge can I book you now? lol xxxx

over a year ago

"Whatever you charge can I book you now? lol xxxx "

Im available new years eve lol. Thats what made me think about it, i stayed in last new years eve and dont think im going to bother doing anything this year, would sooner help a young couple out and earn a few pennies as well

over a year ago

My daughter babysat a neighbours kids new years eve a couple of years ago and got £35 for it x

over a year ago

"

My daughter babysat a neighbours kids new years eve a couple of years ago and got £35 for it x"

blimey i will take it up as a living lol

over a year ago

"Whatever you charge can I book you now? lol xxxx

Im available new years eve lol. Thats what made me think about it, i stayed in last new years eve and dont think im going to bother doing anything this year, would sooner help a young couple out and earn a few pennies as well"

I'm not a young couple, I'm an old singly, but it's a great idea diamonds. Many people are always looking for babysitters, especially ones who are more understanding of the swing lifestyle and will stay that bit longer to allow you to have a 'sleep-over' at your friends lol lol lol

over a year ago

Im available new years eve lol. Thats what made me think about it, i stayed in last new years eve and dont think im going to bother doing anything this year, would sooner help a young couple out and earn a few pennies as well

I'm not a young couple, I'm an old singly, but it's a great idea diamonds. Many people are always looking for babysitters, especially ones who are more understanding of the swing lifestyle and will stay that bit longer to allow you to have a 'sleep-over' at your friends lol lol lol "

awwwwww sorry lainey i wasnt excluding anyone i was just thinking about when i was a young married couple not being able to get out over holiday periods. I may as well sit and watch xfactor at someone elses house as my own lol

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Call me a cheap tart if you wish but i'll do it for perks.

over a year ago

I'm not a young couple, I'm an old singly, but it's a great idea diamonds. Many people are always looking for babysitters, especially ones who are more understanding of the swing lifestyle and will stay that bit longer to allow you to have a 'sleep-over' at your friends lol lol lol

awwwwww sorry lainey i wasnt excluding anyone i was just thinking about when i was a young married couple not being able to get out over holiday periods. I may as well sit and watch xfactor at someone elses house as my own lol"

So how long for you to get to St. Andrews? xxxx

over a year ago

awwwwww sorry lainey i wasnt excluding anyone i was just thinking about when i was a young married couple not being able to get out over holiday periods. I may as well sit and watch xfactor at someone elses house as my own lol

So how long for you to get to St. Andrews? xxxx "

Well if i set of tomorrow i should be there for new years eve lol, i will even stop over so you can go to your friends for a sleep over lol

Forum Mod

over a year ago

When I was 14/15 I used to get about £5 a night but when people started taking the piss and coming home at all hrs of the morning I started charging by the hr,they soon started coming home not long after closing time

I used to look after children during the school holidays too,was raking it in!

over a year ago

I used to get £5 a night, now I pay £4 an hour or £80 for an all-nighter.

I'm in the wrong job

over a year ago

Every feckin time I babysit it's for nowt more than free reign of the fridge- except for the beer! Why do I keep my friends?

over a year ago

Some are now charging £100 for ny eve.

Kin ridiculous .

I certainly wouldnt pay that. rather stay in with a good book

over a year ago

Did you know that registered childminders are now permitted to look after children in their own houses now as babysitters. They only need to carry out a risk assesment when they arrive on the premises and will be covered by insurance. Not sure what they would charge prob between £7-£10 per hour.

over a year ago

Good job they don't carry out risk assesment in my house

over a year ago

"Every feckin time I babysit it's for nowt more than free reign of the fridge- except for the beer! Why do I keep my friends? "

i'll be your friend!!!

and throw in the beer too :0)

over a year ago

Dancesalone- I'm in there for beer!

over a year ago

my eldest daughter whos 18 looks after my younger child, i give her a tenner if i go out, which is probably not a lot but seeing as she lives with me totally free she cant moan really lol

By *tefanCouple
over a year ago

cardiff

Aww wish you lived down our way hun always stuck for a babysitter. Were really screwed here. Only sister or mum to look after our 11 year old. We don't play much but sometimes have the odd meet during school time.

over a year ago

I used to babysit have the pubs kids and then some used to get a tenner a night as for new years I used to have at least ten kids and earn over a hundred quid was wicked just used to have a party of our own.

over a year ago

So how long for you to get to St. Andrews? xxxx "

R136a1 is about 165,000 light years away so it might take a wee while.

over a year ago

When I was a teenager I charged the locals for babysitting, was never a lot infact I dont think I ever got more than a tenner - was the early to mid 90's which was enough for me to say I had a job and make a few quid cos once the kids were asleep I cracked on with homework or snogging the boyfriend

I now babysit for true friends and NEVER expect a penny cos I know if I need a sitter for my kids I can ask again my true friends.

But nowadays I wont babysit unless I know the kid and all the health problems since I got caught out with a health problem I knew nothing about, luckily common sense (yes even I have some lol) prevailed and the kid was fine but only cos I noticed. Had when I was a teenager anything could have happened to that poor child

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

Now a days just have weekly sleepovers we parents all take it in turns to give each a break.

over a year ago

Thought i was flipping seeing thinks. I thought i havent written a post about babysitters. Any how im going out new years eve now lol

over a year ago

baby sitter out my way til 3am on new years eve is £120 plus a taxi / lift home afterwards

Post new Message to Thread