Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

verifications

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

would love to know if its possible to remove a verification that you have given, once you have realised that the person isn't who you thought he was.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You can't but I think that is a good function to have, maybe this one should be put forward to admin.

over a year ago

You'd be better off emailing the person and asking him/her to remove it, or ask Admin how to do it yourself.

over a year ago

Tried that one, he just replied you verified me now deal with it, nice ay!!

Thanks for the advice though , could try admin x

over a year ago

I think it should be an option as a while back we left a lovely verification for a couple who then cut us dead after we had done it. Cheeky gits still have it displayed on their profile, i have often wondered if i could remove it myself.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/08/10 07:54:26]

over a year ago

"would love to know if its possible to remove a verification that you have given, once you have realised that the person isn't who you thought he was. "

No you cannot take back a verification. It is not yours any longer. You gave someone a verification to say that they were who they say they are e.g male 32 or whatever. They MUST have been that or you wouldn't have given the verification.

Just because he is not now doing what you want does not mean he is NOT a male of 32.

Why do people think that a verification means my bestest bestest mate ever ?

It just means it's a REAL PROFILE.

Unless i've misunderstood and he's married and saying he's single OR it's a woman parading as a man. Or he's 3 foot four when he said he was 6 foot 2.

If so then he shouldn't have been given a verification in the first place.

You can't take it back because you've fallen out with him.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

You can't delete it and Admin don't delete them for anyone. But Admin do say what they are proposing to do on the thread I am about to paste.

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/22036

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

have to say I agree with nana c.....

no one held a gun to your head when you wrote the verification... it wasn't done under duress....

things may well have changed but it doesn't mean that they aren't genuine.... they showed up and you had a good time.......

if they have lied in there profile, then by all means report it.... however if they have been telling the truth and the situation between you has soured then I don't think there is a lot you can do....

maybe the lesson is to be more thoughtful about who you give varifications to.... I have been known not to do it till a while after just so I can be more measured

over a year ago

Awwwwwwww Nana C. No one's EVER made me feel mushy before x

over a year ago

Is that a bit pervy ?

over a year ago

Hey someone removed my post pmsl

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"Awwwwwwww Nana C. No one's EVER made me feel mushy before x

"

That sounds a dreadful punishment.

Whatever have you done?

over a year ago

I dont think it should be a option to have

People would just abouse it a bit like naming and shaming, if you have met someone they are genuine simple as

people would be removing them for all kinds of reason, i very rarely meet anyone more than once, if they have the option to remove verification most of the guys i had met would remove theirs because i didnt want to meet them again, and there are loads of other daft reasons people would remove verifications for

As far as i can see, if you meet someone, the night goes as planned, they are genuine, if you verify them then after find something out about them you dont like, or they say or doing something that miffs you that does not make them less a genuine person

So many people would just use it as a way of 'getting back' at others for daft reasons tho, like meeting other people, not meeting them again etc

over a year ago

"I think it should be an option as a while back we left a lovely verification for a couple who then cut us dead after we had done it. Cheeky gits still have it displayed on their profile, i have often wondered if i could remove it myself. "

and thats just the point im making lol

why does that fact they cut you off make them any less genuine?

Why does the fact they dont want to meet you again mean they shouldnt have your verfication?

How many other people would do just that?

A verfication is to say we met this person/persons they are genuine it does not give you the right to on going meets

Just as a matter of interest tho, why do you feel that just because they choose to only meet you once that they do not deserve your verfication?

over a year ago

"I think it should be an option as a while back we left a lovely verification for a couple who then cut us dead after we had done it. Cheeky gits still have it displayed on their profile, i have often wondered if i could remove it myself.

and thats just the point im making lol

why does that fact they cut you off make them any less genuine?

Why does the fact they dont want to meet you again mean they shouldnt have your verfication?

How many other people would do just that?

A verfication is to say we met this person/persons they are genuine it does not give you the right to on going meets

Just as a matter of interest tho, why do you feel that just because they choose to only meet you once that they do not deserve your verfication?"

Sigh...I think some people feel they're "owed" something after leaving a verification!

I agree with your comments, you shouldn't be able to remove them just because you feel slighted!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Since ive been here i have wanted two verifications withdrawn. One was simply i didnt like the way one of them was treating other people and asked if they would remove it which they did. If they hadnt it wouldnt of mattered.

The other one that i wanted removed was for an extremely good reason and others wanted there verifications removed from this profile as well, nothing could be done. They have now been banned from having internet access. I think if there is a really good reason there should be away that it can be removed.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I think it should be an option as a while back we left a lovely verification for a couple who then cut us dead after we had done it. Cheeky gits still have it displayed on their profile, i have often wondered if i could remove it myself. "

And one of the reasons why I don't think you should be able to delete verifications yourself. Just because someone doesn't want to meet you again doesn't make them any less of a person you wrote about.

Sorry, but no one is owed a second meet.

over a year ago

i agree with fuby think yourself lucky to have had a 1st meet im still waiting to be varified .mind you if any you ladies wanna verify me i can jump on a cam if u like,lol

over a year ago

The lesson seems to be that if you're planning on verifying someone think about it twice or three times before you do so.

If all verifications did was prove some exists - that'd be fine but once you start getting the little vignettes which follow - 'great guy', 'lovely couple', 'can't wait to meet again' and so on these become a hostage to fortune which may turn round and bite you on the bum.

Saying nice things about someone you hardly know, even if you've had sex with them, just so they'll say nice things about you is asking for problems.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"i agree with fuby think yourself lucky to have had a 1st meet im still waiting to be varified .mind you if any you ladies wanna verify me i can jump on a cam if u like,lol"

seems to me you like jumping on a lot of things

over a year ago

There you go, Admin have addressed the problem.

"

If you have blocked someone, your verifications will no longer show on their profile page (and any verifications they have left you will not show on yours either).

If you unblock them, the verifications will show again."

Perfect solution, as it makes sense to believe that if you dislike someone enough to want a verification for them removed then it's safe to assume you'll block them too. If you don't block them, more fool you.

over a year ago

"would love to know if its possible to remove a verification that you have given, once you have realised that the person isn't who you thought he was. "

You could always delete your profile and put a new one up. The verification you want gone will disappear and i am sure people who verified you will do it again if you explain.

over a year ago

Thanks for all the replies and help. Gave me alot to think about too. x

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"There you go, Admin have addressed the problem.

If you have blocked someone, your verifications will no longer show on their profile page (and any verifications they have left you will not show on yours either).

If you unblock them, the verifications will show again.

Perfect solution, as it makes sense to believe that if you dislike someone enough to want a verification for them removed then it's safe to assume you'll block them too. If you don't block them, more fool you. "

Well I never knew that!!

Seems like a good option to me.

over a year ago

"Since ive been here i have wanted two verifications withdrawn. One was simply i didnt like the way one of them was treating other people and asked if they would remove it which they did. If they hadnt it wouldnt of mattered.

The other one that i wanted removed was for an extremely good reason and others wanted there verifications removed from this profile as well, nothing could be done. They have now been banned from having internet access. I think if there is a really good reason there should be away that it can be removed."

yes but who is going to determine what is considered 'a really good reason'?

at the end of the day, that was your feeling at the time of the meet.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Since ive been here i have wanted two verifications withdrawn. One was simply i didnt like the way one of them was treating other people and asked if they would remove it which they did. If they hadnt it wouldnt of mattered.

The other one that i wanted removed was for an extremely good reason and others wanted there verifications removed from this profile as well, nothing could be done. They have now been banned from having internet access. I think if there is a really good reason there should be away that it can be removed.

at the end of the day, that was your feeling at the time of the meet."

I think if you put a case forward to admin with facts and details and not just a heresay version then it would be up to them to decide whether it was a good enough reason.

By *lassic1Man
over a year ago

bellshill

Im coming in late here but WHY would some one verify before even meeting ?????

A few sexy message could come from any bloody gorilla.

Admin should insist on MEET only.

By *yber pimpMan
over a year ago

durham area

I think if you put a case forward to admin with facts and details and not just a heresay version then it would be up to them to decide whether it was a good enough reason.

"

you omitted to add that that was only your opinion

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

you omitted to add that that was only your opinion "

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"There you go, Admin have addressed the problem.

If you unblock them, the verifications will show again.

Perfect solution, as it makes sense to believe that if you dislike someone enough to want a verification for them removed then it's safe to assume you'll block them too. If you don't block them, more fool you.

Well I never knew that!!

Seems like a good option to me."

I think it is still a proposal at the moment.

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/22036

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

deja vu

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo