FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Who is the tightest(money) person you have met?

Jump to newest

By *UNCHBOX OP   Man
over a year ago

folkestone

Have you ever come across people who are really tight with money?. With that i mean, they are always disapear when its their round in the pub, or they happen to 'forget' their wallet when you go out for a meal?.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maybe I'm lucky but I can't say I have in all honesty.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Do you mean apart from my son when hes with me lol

By *UNCHBOX OP   Man
over a year ago

folkestone

Mine is a friend of a friend who refuses to leave a tip, even though he is loaded. Had a massive row with him because the rest of the group had to make up his share of the tip because he refused to pay anything.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Do you mean apart from my son when hes with me lol"

thats what parents are for!! ilove going down the pub with my dad - free beer

By *ast and modifiedCouple
over a year ago

near glasgow

"Do you mean apart from my son when hes with me lol

thats what parents are for!! ilove going down the pub with my dad - free beer "

i know people that are tighter than two coats of paint

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Do you mean apart from my son when hes with me lol

thats what parents are for!! ilove going down the pub with my dad - free beer i know people that are tighter than two coats of paint "

tighter than a gnats chuff

over a year ago

Ah that reminds me. I tell a lie, there is one person. My Brother! He's never bought a christmas, birthday or any other sort of gift for anyone in his entire life yet always expects others to buy things for him. If he comes over to your house at meal times he expects a take away or to be cooked for and never puts his hand in his pocket or helps in any way (luckily I now live 150 miles away so he can't do this to me any more).

He's forever tapping our Mum for money or to buy his bike out of the nick and never has any intention of paying her back.

Really winds me up. I can't believe I didn't think about him when first responding.

over a year ago

"Mine is a friend of a friend who refuses to leave a tip, even though he is loaded. Had a massive row with him because the rest of the group had to make up his share of the tip because he refused to pay anything. "

Thats probably why he's loaded

over a year ago

My best friend hes classic hes deaf and when its his round he turns his hearing aid off lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

The ones that wind me up are if a large group of you go out for a meal and there is always one greedy git that has the most expensive of everything on the menu then expects to put the same in as everyone else. Im quite happy to just split the bill between close friends but it always seems to be the person you know least

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I would love to say me.... but my bank manager would have the biggest heart attack known to man!!!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

[Removed by poster at 22/08/10 20:29:13]

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"Mine is a friend of a friend who refuses to leave a tip, even though he is loaded. Had a massive row with him because the rest of the group had to make up his share of the tip because he refused to pay anything. "

Aren't tips discretionary?

I had a surge of eating out lately ( no pun inteneded ) and it struck me at the time that not one restaurant added a "service charge". Are these disappearing?

over a year ago

My ex-husband.

In front of the cashier and other shoppers in Safeway thought my Always was too expensive. Picked them up, turned to me and asked "don't Safeway do their own brand?!!"

This was eight/nine years ago and still remember the humiliation!

over a year ago

my brotherinlaw ,,always buys the last round when nobody wants one

Forum Mod

over a year ago

The wife of a couple we had been on holiday with a few times

Always moaned about giving tips as she was never given any in her job ( office worker) so why should she tip anyone else for doing their job

We found it embarrassing when we felt that good service was recieved so it always seemed to be down to us to leave the tip

In the end her hubby gave us some money and said use that as our part of the tipping but don't tell her

over a year ago

the local vicar, when he passes the money plate round, I only take a £1 out and he rolls his eyes and grunts sumit.

miserable old bastard xx

over a year ago

was his name Mr.Pink?

over a year ago

An aunt.

Not that she lacks money, just mean-spirited.

Never leaves a tip at a restaurant, always asks for a doggie bag for everything, including rice and prawn crackers etc...

She would de-stalk any fruit so that she gets more per kg.

When my parents took them out to dinner, they would choose the most expensive restaurants.

When they invited us back, it would be somewhere that does special offers because it is new. As soon as they sat down, they would announce they were not particularly hungry, so as to make the rest of us feel guilty about ordering freely.

Can't stand them, and my mum does not have much dealings with them anymore!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I know someone who takes all the stalks of lol

over a year ago

Tightest person with money i have ever met? gotta be me lol xx

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"the local vicar, when he passes the money plate round, I only take a £1 out and he rolls his eyes and grunts sumit.

miserable old bastard xx"

are you not due a new username?

over a year ago

we had a cpl mail us who said "we only have ten pounds, so if we put that in petrol, can you give it us if we come to yours"

over a year ago

A guy i know had tried to get out of a meal he promised me b4 xmas...always found a way of cancelling last minute...you eat and i'll come over later was normally his line!

I finally got it(it had become a matter of princable)but what he hadn't realised is everytime he cancelled the venue got more expensive! lol

Post new Message to Thread