Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ultra ultra clean

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I sometimes wonder how we survived our childhood with all the germs about.?

Watching the ads now could make a person paranoid .

"Do you think your sheets are clean" ? well there not even if you have just washed them so buy this.......

"Your soap dispenser harbours germs"

So buy this automatic one....

"Cillit bang!!! with bleach and makes everything shiny ....

I could go on and on....

God...me poor old mom used daz .. a bottle of bleach and washing up liguid .

sugar soap for washing paintwork...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

clit bang mmmm my fave lol

over a year ago

Oh i likes clit bang...but not the other stuff. the smell is horrible

over a year ago

I refuse to buy anything with anti-bacterial written on it.

People nowadays believe by soaking everything in disinfectant will make a place clean, and become complacent in the art of removing the contaminants in the first place by wiping, dusting, keeping things dry etc...

A bit of germs around will do us good by building up our immune systems against infectious diseases IMHO!

Hence I am a messy person, ha ha!!!

over a year ago

Know what you mean, people will have no immune system left shortly

By *ylde FloozyWoman
over a year ago

preston

Everything being ultra clean is the main reason for the sharp rise in childhood asthma and allergies.

I'm allergic to nothing, spent to much time in the garden making mud pies.

over a year ago

Think people loose site of the fact that if we don't continue to use our immune systems we will loose them

Its getting to a stupid stage now and its quiet scary actually

We were not designed for a sterile environment and if it carries on we will all eventually suffer the consequences xx

over a year ago

We never castigated our lads for getting dirty and they're both strapping lads

I was the same as a kid and have never had a serious illness in my life, other than the usual childhood illnesses that mould our adult lives.

A bit of dust in the house, or having a scruffy dog indoors wont hurt you

over a year ago

Think we already are.

Nowt wrong with soap and water and i must be strange as i loves the smell of carbolic...dont use it tho....

vac and polish and wash ya floors and surfaces, remove ya rubbish and keeps ya food in the fridge...

wot more eh

By *ylde FloozyWoman
over a year ago

preston

I love the smell of coal tar soap and vosene, really clean fresh smell

over a year ago

I got fed up with all the different bottles for this job that job and the other job. Gonna sound really sad now but bought myself a little book about old fashioned cleaning methods and now dont use anything more than washing up liquid disinfectant and white vinegar for my cleaning jobs. except for the toilet where i use a bloo block.

over a year ago

Im sorry but a dirty child is a happy child when mine were little they loved nothing better than playing in the mud or making mud pies my little girl is 8 and she still loves it you can always put them in the bath at the end of the day. Why do you think there are so many allergies today because the kids cant build up immune systems. Does anyone remember when they were younger the measle parties or chicken poks parties.

over a year ago

We give our kids all sorts of jabs to make them immune from diseases but.... those jabs GIVE the kids a mild dose of the disease so that their bodies can be exposed to it and develop the antibodies it will need to fight it off in the future.

Says it all really.

Siren and I have this argument all the time and she is an advertiser's dream, whereas I'll tell her that it's a complete load of bollocks.

How did we ever get this far as a race when as little as 150 years ago the only way we had to preserve food was to immerse it totally in salt.

Sure the mortality rate was high and people didn't live as long as they do now but come on, do we really need to be told that if we don't buy this or buy that, or live a certain way (five-a-day etc) that we'll be hammering at death's door with a sodding grerat mallet screaming, "Lemme in!"

Bullshit.

The whole point in life is not to arrive at the end of it in a perfectly preserved body, but to slide in sideways, skinning our knees in a shower of gravel, proclaiming loudly, "Fuck me! What a rush!"

over a year ago

why does it matter if your soap dispenser has germs on the push top .... you're going to was you're f*****g hands after you've touched it, aren't you??!! lol

over a year ago

always surprises me how they put the hand wash gear inside public loos. wash your hands, open door using same push plate/handle dirty bugger that didn't wash their hands used 2 minutes before.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"why does it matter if your soap dispenser has germs on the push top .... you're going to was you're f*****g hands after you've touched it, aren't you??!! lol"

That ad drives me mad too!

The fact is the ads are designed to work off guilt,that people are not doing enough for their kids if they are not spending.

Dirt is good,farm kids have lower levels of asthma and allergies,children with "dirtier" homes have lower levels of childhood lukemia.Let them get messy!

over a year ago

I love dirty, but confine it to my sex life. Anything else the cleaner deals with!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I like to think my house is clean and tidy but im buggered if i want to live in a sterile enviroment

over a year ago

"I love dirty, but confine it to my sex life. Anything else the cleaner deals with! "

Is the cleaner dirty too?

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Nothing quite as nice as your kid turning up back at home looking like they have had a great time getting dirty.

Our youngest normally returns soaked to the skin after playing in the river and has never had a day off school sick in his life.

Steve xx

over a year ago

the old adage "my house is clean enough to be healthy 'n dirty enough to be a home", springs to mind! Hx

over a year ago

Amen to this post!

I despise the 'sterilise everything' ads!

Wee bit of flash, fairy and elbow grease is sufficient!

vol

xx

By *ast and modifiedCouple
over a year ago

near glasgow

"I sometimes wonder how we survived our childhood with all the germs about.?

Watching the ads now could make a person paranoid .

"Do you think your sheets are clean" ? well there not even if you have just washed them so buy this.......

"Your soap dispenser harbours germs"

So buy this automatic one....

"Cillit bang!!! with bleach and makes everything shiny ....

I could go on and on....

God...me poor old mom used daz .. a bottle of bleach and washing up liguid .

sugar soap for washing paintwork...

"

and carbolic soap for us

over a year ago

When i was a kid i lived with my nan and she used to use this block of soap for everything, the kitchen, the bathroom, the oven, the back door step, the kids lol

never did us any harm

over a year ago

it can get a little silly and people do get obsessed - bugs are everywhere and there are all over our hands as we speak (or type lol), and our immune systems are usually able to cope with them all.

One of my friends is obsessed with anti bacterial cleaning fluids. She has a bathroom next to her kitchen. She has all different cleaning fluids to clean kitchen tops, for the bathroom etc, yet she uses the same cloth to clean her bathroom and kitchen - whats the point of that, spreading the germs from her loo all over the kitchen tops - no real point in buying the antibacterial cleaner is there

over a year ago

Also how many of us have been in clubs where they have bowls of salted peanuts on offer (they certainly do in Chams), do people really wash their hands after play??? not always and then they go downstairs for a rest, sit at the bar and put their hands in the big bowl of salted peanuts - lovely, so all of us who've eaten those nuts are also consuming someone else body fluids

over a year ago

"it can get a little silly and people do get obsessed - bugs are everywhere and there are all over our hands as we speak (or type lol), and our immune systems are usually able to cope with them all.

One of my friends is obsessed with anti bacterial cleaning fluids. She has a bathroom next to her kitchen. She has all different cleaning fluids to clean kitchen tops, for the bathroom etc, yet she uses the same cloth to clean her bathroom and kitchen - whats the point of that, spreading the germs from her loo all over the kitchen tops - no real point in buying the antibacterial cleaner is there "

ewww thats just nasty, im no hygine freak, i buy one multi purpose cleaning fliud and use it for everything but cleaning you sink with the same cloth you cleaned you bog with!!!!!

By *ylde FloozyWoman
over a year ago

preston

I lived with my Nan as well and I remember it was daz to wash clothes and for EVERYTHING else it was a block of Fairy Household soap Not the nice toilet soap), even to clean us.

over a year ago

"Im sorry but a dirty child is a happy child when mine were little they loved nothing better than playing in the mud or making mud pies my little girl is 8 and she still loves it you can always put them in the bath at the end of the day. Why do you think there are so many allergies today because the kids cant build up immune systems. Does anyone remember when they were younger the measle parties or chicken poks parties. "

Big kids too...

look at glastonbury in the rain...

they love nothing more than sliding in the mud etc

over a year ago

We are that manic about cleanliness it has fucked kids immune systems. How many have allergies these days. I have seen loads of reports blaming it on excessive hygiene.

over a year ago

I got my little steam machine its great floors surfaces and windows best steriliser there is have been using them since the kids were little. Only thing is when I have my blitzes my home smells like a hospital. Could never imagine using bleach on high chairs and stuff where little hands are.

over a year ago

That's a bit excessive isn't it? I'm forever wiping littleun's high chair but I find a Johnson's wet wipe does the job perfectly.

The kitchen gets a once a fortnight wipe down of all the cabinets and the work surface is used daily so it gets cleaned daily, but with nothing more than fairy liquid on a sponge.

I'm not a believer in all this sterile environment bollocks. In a hospital I'd expect it as there are a mayriad of people coming and going with all sorts of bugs n shit, but our home is perfectly balanced as an mini eco-environment for us as a family.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"Also how many of us have been in clubs where they have bowls of salted peanuts on offer (they certainly do in Chams), do people really wash their hands after play??? not always and then they go downstairs for a rest, sit at the bar and put their hands in the big bowl of salted peanuts - lovely, so all of us who've eaten those nuts are also consuming someone else body fluids "

i had never thought of that untill on my first visit to chams a friend kindly pointed out what might also be in the bowls.

You know those moments when a little bit of sick comes in your mouth.......

Post new Message to Thread