Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Labours Legacy

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone else fed up of the new "coalition" going on about this, when ever any of them are asked about an issue, before they answer the question they always like to point out that it's not there mess, why can't just fix the problems and not moan about what labour did?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

yes totally pissed off with them,listening to them on the tv or radio can they never answer questions.

they always reply with other questions or as you say blame gordon brown or another member of the labour party.

over a year ago

mmmmmm !!! thats called politics lol

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Because it gives them the perfect excuse to cut the things brought in during the last 13 years that they don't like, everyone knows there is a defecit to clear but they are rubbing their hands with glee in Conservative Central Office.

Incidentally the Germans, who have only slightly less of a defecit than the UK, have today announced record growth in the last quarter. Have they done it with sweeping cuts?......No, they have done it by more relaxed cuts and record investment in small business and jobs.

Even the CBI (as Conservative an organisation as they come) estimate One Million more lost jobs by Spring 2011.

October will see the REAL extent of the cuts, 20-25% average cuts in all departments will mean public sector slaughter, which in turn will kill off thousands of small businesses.

Oh Happy Days!

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

the tories are just puting the boot in.under the cloak,of the mess labour made.most other countries are in the same boat.the coalition will be remembered,as the govt who closed britain.just as well they wont be arround long.

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

even if it was true it only goes to show what wankers the consevatives were in opposition

the government is formed by BOTH sides of the house

if i was the third partner in a buissness where the other 2 voted to give our products away for free , it would be so outrageous that i would shout so loud they would have to back down

im just glad i did not vote for any of them , and i never will

wankers

over a year ago

Of course, if Labour HADN'T made such a disastrous mess of the economy in the first place then the Coalition couldn't use that as an excuse with impunity, could they?

By *yber pimpMan
over a year ago

durham area

what short memories people have, or rather selective memories.

labour were blaming the tory government right up to the moment they were all booted out.

every single one of them was lining their own pockets at our expense, they have the gall to say they clamping down of benefit thieves when almost to a man and women they should be serving time for embezzlement

By *obblybitsCouple
over a year ago

huddersfield

labour did the same after magie thatchurse mess too of course there going to use anything they can to say ha ha we are the best..

if they spend more time sorting the country than taking the piss out of eatch other we may not be in this mess.

I was embarressed to watch the last time I watched a meeting in parliment they shouldnt like kids cat calling across the room, taking the piss more like.

over a year ago

Hear! Hear!

David Milliband's proposal for a £2m+ Mansion Tax quite conveniently keeps his £1.5m Primrose Hill house under that limit.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

just shows really, all politicians are out to get whatever they can under the cloak of "Helping the Public" what a farce

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"Of course, if Labour HADN'T made such a disastrous mess of the economy in the first place then the Coalition couldn't use that as an excuse with impunity, could they? "

i dont support ANY political party

but what occurs to me is that the new coalition government has done feck all apart from talking about what they are going to do in the FUTURE

in the meantime we have reverted in to growth as opposed to recession , and the majority of the banks have survived and are now in the black and things are on the up

further more there has been a sharp drop in unemployment

give cameroon his due , at least he hasnt had the gaul to try take any credit for these improvements , or he would make himself look a right grumble and grunt

the effect a government has on things is very slow to materialise , its a bit like steering an oil tanker

turn the wheel and 2 days later you change course

so dont be too quick to praise the coalition because all they have done so far is to order 18k worth of wine

at least the way things were before the election we had some kind of opposition

at pmq,s there was 2 party leaders to question the policy of the main party

now , once labour have finished there is no back up from the liberals

all that seems to happen now is to see clegs head turn from side to side a little , like a dummys head on a stick

By *yber pimpMan
over a year ago

durham area

"Of course, if Labour HADN'T made such a disastrous mess of the economy in the first place then the Coalition couldn't use that as an excuse with impunity, could they?

but what occurs to me is that the new coalition government has done feck all apart from talking about what they are going to do in the FUTURE

in the meantime we have reverted in to growth as opposed to recession , and the majority of the banks have survived and are now in the black and things are on the up

give cameroon his due , at least he hasnt had the gaul to try take any credit for these improvements , or he would make himself look a right grumble and grunt

the effect a government has on things is very slow to materialise , its a bit like steering an oil tanker

so dont be too quick to praise the coalition because all they have done so far is to order 18k worth of wine

all that seems to happen now is to see clegs head turn from side to side a little , like a dummys head on a stick "

it might have given your argument more validity had you not admitted you couldnt be bothered to vote one way or another. takes away quite a lot when you complaining about those in power yet you didnt exercise your right to vote

over a year ago

every government inherits the last lots mess jsut go back to post war and read from then onwards!

i think we goin back to the 80's slowly the way things are goin (hopefully minus bad haircuts and dress sense!)

i forecast a double dip recession, and basically a lot more job cuts after april and the major budget!

as for unemployment figures, take them with a pinch of salt they probably just hid more!

scotland had an increase in unemployment which at this time of year is unusual due to summer work available.

i wish i could see 2 years into the future to see if the coalition has been a success or if we all goin to be up in arms and uniting against the government.

strikes seem to be becoming more prominant this year are we heading for another winter of discontent? who knows x

over a year ago

I feel we have all forgotten what a fantastic job the Conservative party did the last time they were in charge and with the help of the libs things can only get better.

I am only sorry my father the Major is not here to see all this because he was a true patriot and loved a good old war perhaps we will have another Falklands that would soon sort out the youth of today lazy spotty herberts with their hoodies and push chairs drinking white lightning and smoking that marajewauna.Grrrrr!!!

over a year ago

No need to wait for the war this time.

We have Iraq and Afganistan to waste all our money and forces'lives on.

Lob in £100M on a Trident replacement and...we're bust.

over a year ago

A coilition govournment should not be allowed. I am wondering what would have happened if all those queing to vote when the doors closed had been permitted to vote. Why we cant have our voting polls open for more than one day I dont know. Other countries do it!

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

labour will not be an effective,oposition.untill they elect a new leader.the coalition is falling apart,after only 3 months.lib dems,and tories,are unhappy.the only thing that will keep it going,is both parties know political wilderness beckons.dave is coming across as a niave wee boy.nick looks like a nodding dog,on a washing machine.vince cable,comes across as the only credible mp in the coalition.when he says enough is enough,we will have an election.the 55% rule will only be effective,when one party rules.

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

"Anyone else fed up of the new "coalition" going on about this, when ever any of them are asked about an issue, before they answer the question they always like to point out that it's not there mess, why can't just fix the problems and not moan about what labour did? "

you are joking!,labour did nothing but bleat for the first 5 years!,whenever they were ased about anything they moaned,groaned and even brought up mrs thathers name and she had not been in office for years!!,so dont ever say that labour just got on with the job cos they bloody did bnot!.

By *o DaddyMan
over a year ago

Worcestershire

"yes totally pissed off with them,listening to them on the tv or radio can they never answer questions.

they always reply with other questions or as you say blame gordon brown or another member of the labour party. "

i was totally pissed off with labour in the run up to the election as you could not get an answer at all from any labour MP when asked about their policies!,they completly ducked the issue and moaned and groaned about what conservatives were going to do without ever saying what they would do!,and that is why they were not voted back in!,cos they did not have a clue how to clear up their own mess!.

billions were promised for schools and other new buildings by labour that have now had top be cancelled as they had completely emptied the coffers before vacating office.

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"Of course, if Labour HADN'T made such a disastrous mess of the economy in the first place then the Coalition couldn't use that as an excuse with impunity, could they?

all that seems to happen now is to see clegs head turn from side to side a little , like a dummys head on a stick

it might have given your argument more validity had you not admitted you couldnt be bothered to vote one way or another. takes away quite a lot when you complaining about those in power yet you didnt exercise your right to vote

"

forgive me for laughing but to suggest that an anarchist like myself cannot complain about the government without having gone to the polling booth is the best one ive heard in a long while lol

as for those out there that do vote and live in a borough that has a 10,000 majority , im sure they feel a whole lot better for trooping out and casting there vote , and if that vote they cast happens to be against the majority , they can sit there with a big grin on there face having knocked it back to 9,999

woop de fecking doo

Post new Message to Thread