Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dartford Crossing

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This new system is going to be a pain... And they have increased the price as well.... Better get round to getting that dart tag then....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What new system?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"This new system is going to be a pain... And they have increased the price as well.... Better get round to getting that dart tag then...."

dart tag is the way forward

By *andonmessMan
over a year ago

A world all of his own

"What new system?"

They're removing the pay booths and using anpr type system that the congestion charge uses. It's "meant" to cut down on congestion as you'll just drive through and pay online etc.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"This new system is going to be a pain... And they have increased the price as well.... Better get round to getting that dart tag then....

dart tag is the way forward"

or was, you will need an on line account now as it goes by number plate recognition

over a year ago

Not forgetting that it'll catch out people from outside the area easier therefore more money

over a year ago

So much for it being free once the cost of building and maintaining were met. Grrrr bloody French!

over a year ago

"What new system?

They're removing the pay booths and using anpr type system that the congestion charge uses. It's "meant" to cut down on congestion as you'll just drive through and pay online etc."

That could cause problems getting off the bridge into the the correct lane. I've seen so many people cutting across and the trying to merge lanes

over a year ago

Myself & the family only slightly benefit from the change. We don't cross the river often enough to have created a DART-Tag account - but now it's more or less compulsory. Usually pay £2.00 - now only £1.67 or whatever it is.

I'm not kidding myself though - sure ain't cheaper if I stayed consistent in my payment methods

Interesting to see if it'll do -that- much to congestion, though. Time will tell.

over a year ago

Really can't see why they couldn't have waited at least until the new year

over a year ago

I've had a Dart Tag for almost 20 years.

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

"So much for it being free once the cost of building and maintaining were met. Grrrr bloody French!"

Precisely the same was said about the Mersey tunnels at one time too. Grrr.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Anything to get rid of those damn queues!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Myself & the family only slightly benefit from the change. We don't cross the river often enough to have created a DART-Tag account - but now it's more or less compulsory. Usually pay £2.00 - now only £1.67 or whatever it is.

I'm not kidding myself though - sure ain't cheaper if I stayed consistent in my payment methods

Interesting to see if it'll do -that- much to congestion, though. Time will tell."

Cars are going up to £2.50. I go across it quite a bit for work and claim it back as expenses so it never bothered me, i know that one day i will go across and forget to pay online when i get back home and will get fined.. So dart tag it is for me now...

over a year ago

Yes, true - but only if you don't have a DART Charge pre-pay account. If I'm reading into this correctly, DART-Charge costs £1.67 for cars & DART-Tag will cost £2.50?

Only difference is the new account encourages pre-payment.

Post new Message to Thread