Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How many cups in your kitchen??

Jump to newest

By *-and-K OP   Couple
over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Just been going through the kitchen cupboards, how many cups do you have?

I found 18 cup/mugs 6 bone china teacups and saucers and 11 of the tiny espresso coffee cups and saucers. On top of thay 3 complete dinner sets, thats 6 of everything from side plates to serving dishes.

So I have decided on a course of action, won't mention a word of it to Karen, but on wednesday our bin is collected, over the next couple of weeks I can get rid of a few of everything. She's not going to notice is she!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

ooooooooooo there may be trouble aheadddddddddd

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

haha

i bet she does.lol

maybe not straight away but bet she does.

my hubby does that to me when ever i go away.

By *r n mrs swingCouple
over a year ago

pontefract

HAHAHA sounds a bot like our house but mr s would not dare throw anything away lol xx

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

you need a few mugs on the cub board that are clean

thats after the fact the dishwasher is full of dirty ones , and each person in the house has left a few in bathroom , bedroom , garage etc

that works out at approximatly 17.32 cups or mugs needed per person

as there is only one dishwasher per household , and a variable amount of people there is reciprocity to take into account when making calculations , as the dishwasher has a finite capacity

i would be carefull not to throw too many away

i remember a few years ago i had a mug with a cracked handle , and was very reluctant to throw it away , so i continued to use it with care

that was untill i was rinsing it under the tap and the handle fell of and dropped in the bowl smashing 2 other mugs

over a year ago

We have enough to fill the dishwasher + 2.

over a year ago

"that was untill i was rinsing it under the tap and the handle fell of and dropped in the bowl smashing 2 other mugs "

Aha! You're talking about quantum mechanics here. In quantum mechanics, the *Heisenberg uncertainty principle* states by precise inequalities that certain pairs of physical properties, like position and momentum, cannot simultaneously be known to arbitrary precision. That is, the more precisely one property is measured, the less precisely the other can be measured. In other words, the more you know the position of a particle, the less you can know about its velocity, and the more you know about the velocity of a particle, the less you can know about its instantaneous position.

In your case, you knew about the position of the mug that broke and you knew about the position of the other two it smashed. What you didn't know was the velocity that it would leave your hand and the velocity that it would crash into the other two mugs.

over a year ago

noooo not bin, recycle, charity shops. tut

over a year ago

30 mugs in our kitchen,or thirty two counting my bra cups.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Think ive got about 20 mugs and two dinner sets, not sure why cant remember the last time i used more than six in one go lol

By *ixson-BallsMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"30 mugs in our kitchen,or thirty two counting my bra cups."

like it

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Just been going through the kitchen cupboards, how many cups do you have?

I found 18 cup/mugs 6 bone china teacups and saucers and 11 of the tiny espresso coffee cups and saucers. On top of thay 3 complete dinner sets, thats 6 of everything from side plates to serving dishes.

So I have decided on a course of action, won't mention a word of it to Karen, but on wednesday our bin is collected, over the next couple of weeks I can get rid of a few of everything. She's not going to notice is she!"

I take it your not Greek and you don' row much

over a year ago

Are the bra cups T cups...

over a year ago

I have 2 dinner sets which each have 6 mugs. One of them also has 6 teacups. We also have 11 other mugs of various designs, one of which is boxed. I also have a teeny beatrix potter cup from my childhood.

*I cannot believe I've just been and counted )

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Ok i have a thing about cups.....similar to my obsession with shoes.....i couldnt possibly count how many as that would mean retrieving boxes and unpacking etc....... estimated 3-400

over a year ago

Quite a few as I used to collect them, and some have sentimental value!

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

To the OP, find a mate with a shotgun, they make a lovely cloud of debris if used as sustitute clay pigeons....

PULL!!!

over a year ago

I can only see 1 mug

Everytime I walk passed a mirror

*sit on smokin coffin *

over a year ago

"So I have decided on a course of action, won't mention a word of it to Karen, but on wednesday our bin is collected, over the next couple of weeks I can get rid of a few of everything. She's not going to notice is she!"

Oh, and yes she will notice!

over a year ago

the bomb worked

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

I have a collection of about 10 large Winnie the Pooh mugs from the disney store a matching set of 7 square ones (I broke one lol) for our dinner service and about 20 random mugs that I won't throw away lol.

Oh and a lovely Mr & Mrs set that we were given for our wedding last year lol

*Her*

over a year ago

went and counted..... 38! for a house with 2 people in it thats a lot of mugs lol!!

most have been either presents or came with easter eggs etc! my fav is an oversized grumpy one from the disney store but also have a smarties cup from when i was a kid xx

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I have 4 cups and saucers. Thats it....

Post new Message to Thread