Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A Girls Bike.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It's almost Christmas when we get gifts from various people if lucky.

As a kid I had a hand me down girls bike in red and gold.There was no denying...it was a girls bike and as a consequence I'm still a half decent cyclist as I Damn near rode that bike everywhere at mach 10 to avoid being seen.

What dubious gifts or disappointment have you received as a gift ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You think that's bad. My eldest brother recieved a second hand girls bike one year. That got past down to the next brother then to me. But we were 'appy!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't think I've ever been disappointed in a gift.

When I was 11 my mum gave me some green eye shadow for Christmas which I plastered on about an inch thick in order to impress the 16 year old boy next door when we went for Christmas cups of coffee. The eye shadow made my eyes puffy and if he noticed me at all it would have been because I looked as if I had a terrible disease . Si I was disappointed in the effect my gift had but not the gift itself

over a year ago

"I don't think I've ever been disappointed in a gift.

When I was 11 my mum gave me some green eye shadow for Christmas which I plastered on about an inch thick in order to impress the 16 year old boy next door when we went for Christmas cups of coffee. The eye shadow made my eyes puffy and if he noticed me at all it would have been because I looked as if I had a terrible disease . Si I was disappointed in the effect my gift had but not the gift itself "

I'm assuming this is Mrs nice couple posting ?

over a year ago

"You think that's bad. My eldest brother recieved a second hand girls bike one year. That got past down to the next brother then to me. But we were 'appy!"

Bet it made you hard as nails though ? Was his name Sue ?

over a year ago

My mum and dad had four sons. Pauline, Stephanie, Joan and Davina. I said we had it hard. Made a man of me though.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

When I was 11 my mum gave me some green eye shadow for Christmas which I plastered on about an inch thick in order to impress the 16 year old boy next door when we went for Christmas cups of coffee. The eye shadow made my eyes puffy and if he noticed me at all it would have been because I looked as if I had a terrible disease . Si I was disappointed in the effect my gift had but not the gift itself

I'm assuming this is Mrs nice couple posting ?"

yep!

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

When I was 11 my mum gave me some green eye shadow for Christmas which I plastered on about an inch thick in order to impress the 16 year old boy next door when we went for Christmas cups of coffee. The eye shadow made my eyes puffy and if he noticed me at all it would have been because I looked as if I had a terrible disease . Si I was disappointed in the effect my gift had but not the gift itself "

Reminds me of Claudia WinkleMAN.

She looked like a wii charchter to me this weekend

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"it was a girls bike and as a consequence I'm still a half decent cyclist as I Damn near rode that bike everywhere at mach 10 to avoid being seen.

"

over a year ago

A china fox in a glass dome with a piece of rope wrapped round it and plastic foliage ! From an ex ! It went in the bin when he wasn't looking !

over a year ago

"A china fox in a glass dome with a piece of rope wrapped round it and plastic foliage ! From an ex ! It went in the bin when he wasn't looking ! "

There has to be a subliminal message there ? or maybe he had it free from readers digest and you were first person on the offload list !

over a year ago

"A china fox in a glass dome with a piece of rope wrapped round it and plastic foliage ! From an ex ! It went in the bin when he wasn't looking !

There has to be a subliminal message there ? or maybe he had it free from readers digest and you were first person on the offload list ! "

I think it was the second option ! I'd got him a skid pan session at Silverstone! I know you're not supposed to give to receive but ...........

Post new Message to Thread