Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

'Jihadi John'

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Bet his mums proud of him.Probably tells people he's a head hunter in the city.Just doesn't say the city is in Syria and he chops the heads off.Not trying to trivialise this in any way but look forward to the day when his gang master decides he's no use anymore and he receives the same treatment.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Bet his mums proud of him.Probably tells people he's a head hunter in the city.Just doesn't say the city is in Syria and he chops the heads off.Not trying to trivialise this in any way but look forward to the day when his gang master decides he's no use anymore and he receives the same treatment.

"

Not a thing to make jokes about.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wasn't making a joke i was making a point as i said in the post if you took the time to understand it.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Bet his mums proud of him.Probably tells people he's a head hunter in the city.Just doesn't say the city is in Syria and he chops the heads off.Not trying to trivialise this in any way but look forward to the day when his gang master decides he's no use anymore and he receives the same treatment.

Well lets hope that is soon. There will always be another follower to take his place though sadly.

I don't know why he covers his face though as I am sure those close to him and love him would surely know who he is. I would know my son anywhere face covered and voice distorted.

I for one would applaud him receiving the same humiliating and barbaric evil fate.

What a truly evil cowardly bastard he is.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

i think he is a fucking psycho and enjoys killing the innocent and would do it for fun given the chance.i hope if they ever catch him they don't fuck about with human rights and they just put him in a padded cell in rampton or Broadmoor were he belongs and keep him there until he dies

Reply privately

over a year ago

The problem is even if there does comes a day he is no longer wanted there are a thousand more men that will be willing to fill his shoes

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The problem is even if there does comes a day he is no longer wanted there are a thousand more men that will be willing to fill his shoes "

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Lets hope an american or RAF war plane drops a very large bomb on his head sometime very soon.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's always bothered me how the Nazi's could have done what they did as with the Holocaust, I always wondered what sort of monster could have thought that the way they treated Jews and Gypsies and others in that way was anything in anyway right but it wasnt necessarily a Nazi thing, it was a evil side to humanity in Nazi guise.

This is its reappearance in extreme Islamic form.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They're a bunch of brainwashed idiots who believe the rhetoric these preachers tell them, you never see one of the leaders blowing themselves up to get their thousand virgins do you. As for jihadi john, I hope the sas get hold of him and he meets a grizzly end and is buried in the desert, preferably whilst still alive.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's always bothered me how the Nazi's could have done what they did as with the Holocaust, I always wondered what sort of monster could have thought that the way they treated Jews and Gypsies and others in that way was anything in anyway right but it wasnt necessarily a Nazi thing, it was a evil side to humanity in Nazi guise.

This is its reappearance in extreme Islamic form."

It's not extreme to Islam. It's actually the norm.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's always bothered me how the Nazi's could have done what they did as with the Holocaust, I always wondered what sort of monster could have thought that the way they treated Jews and Gypsies and others in that way was anything in anyway right but it wasnt necessarily a Nazi thing, it was a evil side to humanity in Nazi guise.

A depressing thought - but time after time - era after era - there have always been people that have done cruel unimaginable things. Are we more civilised now compared to 1000 years ago, 100 years ago, 50 years ago...? Some savagery appears more sophisticated, some is as brutal as history reports it.

It reminds me of something I once read, which often resurfaces from within the darkness that is my mind:

"No such animal as historical perspective exists... It assumes without evidence that we today are more tolerant, more advanced, wiser than the dimwits who preceded us. Actually, as time passes we know less and less about more and more. The ideology of progress lets historians sequester repugnant people and events, from racists to robber barons, in the distant past, so we don't have to worry about them now."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Islam is supposed to be about peace. This ISIS or ISIL or IS or whatever the fuck they're calling themselves they're just evil, even the Taliban condemn some of the stuff they do.

Now all troops are out of afghan I can see the british army having to go there instead cos air strikes alone aren't going to get rid of them, I know there's some special forces there now they aren't there for combat.

I'd like to have this jihadi john in front of me and my friends when we're all on our period and trying to decide what film to watch or what take away to order, moaning at him and nagging and arguing amongst ourselves, we'd soon get him to turn his knife on himself.

Reply privately

By *w72Man
over a year ago

swansea

"Islam is supposed to be about peace. This ISIS or ISIL or IS or whatever the fuck they're calling themselves they're just evil, even the Taliban condemn some of the stuff they do.

Now all troops are out of afghan I can see the british army having to go there instead cos air strikes alone aren't going to get rid of them, I know there's some special forces there now they aren't there for combat.

I'd like to have this jihadi john in front of me and my friends when we're all on our period and trying to decide what film to watch or what take away to order, moaning at him and nagging and arguing amongst ourselves, we'd soon get him to turn his knife on himself. "

xx

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

It's not extreme to Islam. It's actually the norm. "

In the same way that the Spanish Inquisition is representative of Christianity?

Reply privately

over a year ago

How is that then.

I think u'll find it was the Christians who have started most off the wars in modern history.

No to mention the fact that nazi's were Christian.

Or the Spanish inquisition- Christians killing Muslims n Jews.

And let's not forget the bloody crusades- yes Christians again.

Oh I nearly forgot first settlers in America, who nearly slaughtered the entire race of native Indians - the pilgrim fathers. Yes u guessed it Christians,

So I say to u Christians, what a bunch of fucking animal.

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

How is that then.

I think u'll find it was the Christians who have started most off the wars in modern history.

Oh I nearly forgot first settlers in America, who nearly slaughtered the entire race of native Indians - the pilgrim fathers. Yes u guessed it Christians,

So I say to u Christians, what a bunch of fucking animal."

A pedant writes: The Nazis, whilst making certain concessions to the Catholic church, which was highly influential in Germany at the time, would not generally align themselves with Christianity in any meaningful sense.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

That's a silly thing to say. Open your eyes fella.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This isn't going to end well.

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"This isn't going to end well. "

I'm putting the kettle on as we speak..

Reply privately

By *he tactile technicianMan
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

he'll return to the UK when he's had enough and take up a post as Head of terminations for an international firm, the security is so wooly here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The world is a fucked up place, most wars revolved around religion in one form or other, you've got to wonder what the world would be like if there was no religion at all and if there is no god and religion in all forms is just something made up by us humans because we are too weak to accept that death is the end then all wars have been for nothing. A bus load of defenceless none Muslims were executed yesterday simply because they were not Muslim. I'd like to see the chapter in the Qoran that explains that. The fuckers

Reply privately

over a year ago

How is that then.

You're talking about historic events there that took place many moons ago. Currently there are extremist Muslims seeking to kill none combatant westerners simply because they are not Muslim, when was the last time you read that a Christian had cut someone's head off because they were of another faith. The Muslim faith is peace loving but the radical preachers twist and perverse snippets of the Qoran to turn once peace lovers into extremists and cold blooded murderers. The beheadings of aid workers who went to Syria to help Muslims proves that for fuck sake.

Reply privately

over a year ago

not fit to walk the earth simple as

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

there are no words to describe this individual, but this earth will be a richer place the day he departs it...........

Reply privately

over a year ago

"there are no words to describe this individual, but this earth will be a richer place the day he departs it..........."

Problem is that he's just a puppet being used, the isil leaders use the homegrown Muslims to front these videos so they themselves can remain hidden, they are seen as westernised and are threatened with death themselves if they try to leave, Muslim or not. Anyway, I'm off to another thread to see some boobies

Reply privately

over a year ago

How is that then.

You're talking about historic events there that took place many moons ago. Currently there are extremist Muslims seeking to kill none combatant westerners simply because they are not Muslim, when was the last time you read that a Christian had cut someone's head off because they were of another faith. The Muslim faith is peace loving but the radical preachers twist and perverse snippets of the Qoran to turn once peace lovers into extremists and cold blooded murderers. The beheadings of aid workers who went to Syria to help Muslims proves that for fuck sake. "

Don't forget - they're killing other Muslims too...

Islam and therefore it's adherents (as I imagine is the case with many ideologically driven groups, religious, political or otherwise) aren't identifiable as one homogeneous group of followers - despite what Bill O'Reilly would have us all believe.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 22/11/14 20:47:27]

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"there are no words to describe this individual, but this earth will be a richer place the day he departs it...........

Problem is that he's just a puppet being used, the isil leaders use the homegrown Muslims to front these videos so they themselves can remain hidden, they are seen as westernised and are threatened with death themselves if they try to leave, Muslim or not. Anyway, I'm off to another thread to see some boobies "

as I say, the world will be a better place without him in it...

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

How is that then.

You're talking about historic events there that took place many moons ago. Currently there are extremist Muslims seeking to kill none combatant westerners simply because they are not Muslim, when was the last time you read that a Christian had cut someone's head off because they were of another faith. The Muslim faith is peace loving but the radical preachers twist and perverse snippets of the Qoran to turn once peace lovers into extremists and cold blooded murderers. The beheadings of aid workers who went to Syria to help Muslims proves that for fuck sake. "

So, time passing negates brutality?

I'll wager all of the IRA are/were catholics and they did some pretty brutal things - do they represent Catholicism as a whole?

Isn't Mugabe an arden't Catholic.....

And hasn't he recently started threatening to behead homosexuals?

Reply privately

over a year ago

The man is a murderer. End of. Religion hasn't made him do it, as if religion hadn't been a concept as suggested, it would be something else.

let's focus on his victims, who were all doing greater good...how many of us without Google can name them ? I can't and that's sad. So let's give them the publicity not the evil.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

That's a silly thing to say. Open your eyes fella. "

this..

no need for ignorance..

Reply privately

By *illbillMan
over a year ago

dublin

Times have changed for the better and for the worse . As a person who witnessed first hand the dark side of British military occupation i never held the military in high esteem but i felt genuinely sick when lee rigby was butchered . I hope the military March in crush these nut jobs. I wish them well cause these crazies are in league with the devil .

Reply privately

over a year ago

How is that then.

You're talking about historic events there that took place many moons ago. Currently there are extremist Muslims seeking to kill none combatant westerners simply because they are not Muslim, when was the last time you read that a Christian had cut someone's head off because they were of another faith. The Muslim faith is peace loving but the radical preachers twist and perverse snippets of the Qoran to turn once peace lovers into extremists and cold blooded murderers. The beheadings of aid workers who went to Syria to help Muslims proves that for fuck sake.

So, time passing negates brutality?

I'll wager all of the IRA are/were catholics and they did some pretty brutal things - do they represent Catholicism as a whole?

Isn't Mugabe an arden't Catholic.....

And hasn't he recently started threatening to behead homosexuals?

"

I wasn't referring to Muslims as a whole, I said Muslims were peace lovers, I was referring to the extremist element as it says.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

The shocking fact is there are probably hundreds of men and women wanting to step in his shoes once he has gone.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There are approximately 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, to suggest this man represents them is ridiculous.

To suggest ISIS represents them is equally ridiculous.

I'm led to believe you could fit all the ISIS fighters in a football stadium.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They're a bunch of brainwashed idiots who believe the rhetoric these preachers tell them, you never see one of the leaders blowing themselves up to get their thousand virgins do you. As for jihadi john, I hope the sas get hold of him and he meets a grizzly end and is buried in the desert, preferably whilst still alive. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

The sooner we stop referring to these people as Muslim the better. They would like to represent Islam but they don't unless we allow them to.

Scott Roeder a Christian extremist murdered a Physician because he worked in the abortion business. This happened in modern USA.

Does Scott Roeder represent you? Does he represent the billions of Christians? Is he the norm for Christianity?

He doesn't represent me.

Ignorance is as much an enemy as Jihadi John. ISIS kills more Muslims than it has or probably will Christians.

Reply privately

By *ilthyfucks69Couple
over a year ago

Neverland

"

Dont understand your message, iv never spoke to you

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/11/14 21:22:43]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ok.

Since the dawn of time and the invention of religion (yes it's a concept invented by man to make mankind believe we are more important than we actually are)

There have been awful atrocities carried out in the name of religion from the sacking of byzantium and constantinople during the crusades,the Spanish inquisition, ethnic cleansing in Europe. War atrocities carried out by the nazis against Jews. Etc..

There have been countless killings in the name of religion on all sides in just about every religion going.

The fact is what this man has done is an appalling act of barbarism and should wiped off the face of the earth with extreme prejudice. "

Well googled

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nope I read things called book's

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Nope I read things called book's "

What, real paper ones with pages and everything, how quaint

Reply privately

over a year ago

Old fashioned concept I know

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

That's a silly thing to say. Open your eyes fella. "

You're absolutely right. My eyes are shut to my ignorance.

But wait........

Isn't it Islamic countries such as Saudi Arabia that allow public executions by way of beheading? With a sword? Along with other humane capital punishments such as firing squad, hanging, and stoning?

Is it not Sharia Law that executes the guilty for Adultery or Homosexuality, or even deciding to renounce the Islamic faith?? As seen in Sudan earlier this year.

My apologies if I have this all wrong. That my original statement of "It's not extreme to Islam, it's actually the norm" is completely out.

Reply privately

By *luezuluMan
over a year ago

Suffolk

"i think he is a fucking psycho and enjoys killing the innocent and would do it for fun given the chance.i hope if they ever catch him they don't fuck about with human rights and they just put him in a padded cell in rampton or Broadmoor were he belongs and keep him there until he dies"

Why not just shoot him, he doesn't deserve to live

Reply privately

over a year ago

There's actually over a hundred versus in the Quran that actually incite murder without interpretation.

I believe the specific one your looking for is.

3- Book of Muhammad, verse 4 (47:4) - “Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), strike off their heads; at length; then when you have made wide Slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives”: thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens.”

Reply privately

over a year ago

outspoken cleric/pbs news hour/peter kassigs type that in google or youtube mite help

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There's actually over a hundred versus in the Quran that actually incite murder without interpretation.

3- Book of Muhammad, verse 4 (47:4) - “Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), strike off their heads; at length; then when you have made wide Slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives”: thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens.”"

Hmmm.... Did a quick google on that one.

Where you've parenthesised 'in fight' - it means 'in battle' or theatre of war - so in this instance it's not murder, as is most commonly understood.

The 'generosity' bit is advice that that prisoners of war can be freed without ransom.

The 'context' behind the verses are freely available via google - I'm sure there's a version to fit every perspective.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Were did you read that translation not all translations are right not trying to kick off or anything you have to be carefull when reading translation also you need the commentry and who its writen by

Reply privately

over a year ago

"there are no words to describe this individual, but this earth will be a richer place the day he departs it..........."

Hit the nail on the head bud

Reply privately

over a year ago

"there are no words to describe this individual, but this earth will be a richer place the day he departs it...........

Hit the nail on the head bud"

Agreed

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There's actually over a hundred versus in the Quran that actually incite murder without interpretation.

3- Book of Muhammad, verse 4 (47:4) - “Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), strike off their heads; at length; then when you have made wide Slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives”: thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens.”

Where you've parenthesised 'in fight' - it means 'in battle' or theatre of war - so in this instance it's not murder, as is most commonly understood.

The 'generosity' bit is advice that that prisoners of war can be freed without ransom.

The 'context' behind the verses are freely available via google - I'm sure there's a version to fit every perspective. "

Have another .

4- Book of Al-Tawba, verse 123 (9:123) - “Oh ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers and let them find harshness in you.”

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

But wait........

Isn't it Islamic countries such as Saudi Arabia that allow public executions by way of beheading? With a sword? Along with other humane capital punishments such as firing squad, hanging, and stoning?

Is it not Sharia Law that executes the guilty for Adultery or Homosexuality, or even deciding to renounce the Islamic faith?? As seen in Sudan earlier this year.

My apologies if I have this all wrong. That my original statement of "It's not extreme to Islam, it's actually the norm" is completely out.

"

Your original statement is ignorant.

You have chosen Saudi Arabia probably the most extreme Islamic regime in the world but with a relatively low population. Why didn't you mention Indonesia or India? Each of those countries have much more Muslims than ANY middle east country.

How does Uganda treat homosexuality? Uganda is a Christian country.

You're using two or three examples to justify a generalisation. That is the definition of bigotry.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The 'context' behind the verses are freely available via google - I'm sure there's a version to fit every perspective. .

Have another .

4- Book of Al-Tawba, verse 123 (9:123) - “Oh ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers and let them find harshness in you.”"

I think that baghdadi fella must have gotten his Islam from the same websites you're looking at, perhaps?

Here is link you may find useful - which lends credence to something a previous poster mentioned about the other 1.6bn muslims who are not in anyway represented by the actions of isis...

https://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=966&region=E1&CR=EN,E2&CR=EN,E2

Reply privately

over a year ago

And another pearl of wisdom about women. And you think Nigel farage is a sexist.

Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and forsake them in beds apart, and beat them.”

Reply privately

over a year ago

I dont think by going on google and reading bits and bobs not going to get the undetstanding of islam try checking the history of damascus(syria) were jews,christains,muslims all have bein living side by side for over 1500 hundred years the saudi family do not repsent islam there dogs of the devil read up about the jews christain muslims living togeather in arabia

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

But wait........

You have chosen Saudi Arabia probably the most extreme Islamic regime in the world but with a relatively low population. Why didn't you mention Indonesia or India? Each of those countries have much more Muslims than ANY middle east country.

You're using two or three examples to justify a generalisation. That is the definition of bigotry."

.Your confusing fascist dictator in a Christian country..

Find me verses in the bible where it says behead homosexuals.

Beat and enslave women.

Marry a child.

Don't get me wrong I'm no fan of Christianity and it's purges of evil over the years but just as there is no justification in them, the time had come for Muslims to say wait a minute, this isn't on in the 21st century.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I dont think by going on google and reading bits and bobs not going to get the undetstanding of islam try checking the history of damascus(syria) were jews,christains,muslims all have bein living side by side for over 1500 hundred years the saudi family do not repsent islam there dogs of the devil read up about the jews christain muslims living togeather in arabia "

It's called confirmation bias - and much of humankind is guilty of it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

But wait........

You're using two or three examples to justify a generalisation. That is the definition of bigotry."

Lol whatever!! Nice one!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes it does say about beating your wife up go check the commentry on that and what it means

Reply privately

over a year ago

The 'context' behind the verses are freely available via google - I'm sure there's a version to fit every perspective. .

Have another .

4- Book of Al-Tawba, verse 123 (9:123) - “Oh ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers and let them find harshness in you.”

I think that baghdadi fella must have gotten his Islam from the same websites you're looking at, perhaps?

Here is link you may find useful - which lends credence to something a previous poster mentioned about the other 1.6bn muslims who are not in anyway represented by the actions of isis...

https://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=966&region=E1&CR=EN,E2&CR=EN,E2"

All religions preach evil.

But you can't pc bullshit your way out of it. Islam is one of the worst.

Find me a democratic Christian country you can be executed for blasphemy.

I bet you can Google three or four Muslim ones.

Reply privately

By *ipswingCouple
over a year ago

portrush

... imagine theres no countries.. it isnt hard to do... nothing to kill or die for, and no religions too...

you may say i,m a dreamer... but i am not the only one.... john lennon....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Beat and enslave women.

Marry a child.

Don't get me wrong I'm no fan of Christianity and it's purges of evil over the years but just as there is no justification in them, the time had come for Muslims to say wait a minute, this isn't on in the 21st century."

Does it have to be beheading homosexuals? How about: "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. (Leviticus 20:13) "

Reply privately

over a year ago

" ... imagine theres no countries.. it isnt hard to do... nothing to kill or die for, and no religions too...

you may say i,m a dreamer... but i am not the only one.... john lennon.... "

You keep on playing those mind games forever.

God is a concept for which we measure our pain

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have another .

https://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=966&region=E1&CR=EN,E2&CR=EN,E2.

"

I'm sure I can google more than three or four muslim ones - I'd also probably be able to google a few muslim countries where you've had female heads of state and others where they can't even vote!

It's scary, though not surprising, how differently people see the same thing - and use what they need to take what they want.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I dont think religions preach evil you should you should do your research if your keep lookin for negative you will find it try researching something good about a religion see what comes up

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I don't think any book composed 1500-2000 years ago will be fully down with the kids today. I'd expect the bible to have some very questionable parts, or Beowulf and so on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't think any book composed 1500-2000 years ago will be fully down with the kids today. I'd expect the bible to have some very questionable parts, or Beowulf and so on. "

Lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have another .

I'm sure I can google more than three or four muslim ones - I'd also probably be able to google a few muslim countries where you've had female heads of state and others where they can't even vote!

It's scary, though not surprising, how differently people see the same thing - and use what they need to take what they want.

"

You can say what you like but look at it this way....

If gangs off thirty or forty Christian men were systematically rounding up young vulnerable Muslim girls under the age of 16 giving them drugs and alcohol and taking them round the country from city to city for gang rapes.

How do you think the papers and tv would have reacted.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

..Your confusing fascist dictator in a Christian country..

Beat and enslave women.

Marry a child.

Don't get me wrong I'm no fan of Christianity and it's purges of evil over the years but just as there is no justification in them, the time had come for Muslims to say wait a minute, this isn't on in the 21st century."

I'm not confusing anything, I am stating fact. Uganda is seen as a Christian country. The homosexuality laws are popular within the country. Does that represent the whole of the Christian world or is it an extreme _iew?

Beat and enslave women! Are you talking about Turkey? Indonesia? Malaysia? You're trying to generalise 1.6 billion Muslims based on the acts of a few extremists!

Did you know Muslim countries have elected seven women as their heads of state? How many women have been head of state in the western world?

Do you really want to start looking at verses in the bible?

Come on, it's not Muslims, it's not Islam. It's extremists that are the problem. Ignorance doesn't help.

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

Beating women isn't unique to Islam. Come on. Christianity is a patriarchal religion just as much.

Some of the highest rates of domestic violence comes in Christian countries like Ethiopia and Peru.

All Christians aren't like the fluffy old Church of England.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have another .

If gangs off thirty or forty Christian men were systematically rounding up young vulnerable Muslim girls under the age of 16 giving them drugs and alcohol and taking them round the country from city to city for gang rapes.

How do you think the papers and tv would have reacted."

Hopefully the same way the media reacted to the Asian/muslim men rounding up and grooming under-aged muslim girls...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2416586/Gangs-Asian-men-grooming-MUSLIM-girls-plying-drink-drugs.html

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"

Beat and enslave women! Are you talking about Turkey? Indonesia? Malaysia? You're trying to generalise 1.6 billion Muslims based on the acts of a few extremists!

Did you know Muslim countries have elected seven women as their heads of state? How many women have been head of state in the western world?

Do you really want to start looking at verses in the bible?

Come on, it's not Muslims, it's not Islam. It's extremists that are the problem. Ignorance doesn't help."

Islam is not a monolith. Some people don't apparently realise that it covers Africa, Asia, Europe. Opinions vary wildly within that.

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Do the Ku Klux Klan or Westboro Baptist Church (tossers) represent all of Christianity? I think not. Neither do IS represent Muslims.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have another .

Hopefully the same way the media reacted to the Asian/muslim men rounding up and grooming under-aged muslim girls...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2416586/Gangs-Asian-men-grooming-MUSLIM-girls-plying-drink-drugs.html

"

That's normal coverage of the story and considering how widespread with several groups discovered and rumours of high up coverups it really didn't get the coverage in my eyes it should have.

There's something intrinsically wrong with parts of that religion and culture that need to be purged into the public eye and tippy toeing round in PC shoes ain't solving shit

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Do the Ku Klux Klan or Westboro Baptist Church (tossers) represent all of Christianity? I think not. Neither do IS represent Muslims. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have another .

That's normal coverage of the story and considering how widespread with several groups discovered and rumours of high up coverups it really didn't get the coverage in my eyes it should have.

There's something intrinsically wrong with parts of that religion and culture that need to be purged into the public eye and tippy toeing round in PC shoes ain't solving shit"

You're quite right - the bigger story was muslim/asian gang on white girls - the muslim girls sadly, almost became forgotten victims.

I'd be inclined to agree that it was a specific problem with the religion or culture if these examples you've provided were prevalent amongst the many muslim countries around the world.

Sadly, men (and women) of all colours and creeds have been responsible for despicable acts with or without scripture.

Reply privately

By *arisjokerMan
over a year ago

Admaston

"Imagine no possessions " which he,sang from his multi million pound house...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hey you won't see me sticking up for Christians I'm not bigoted I hate people of all faiths equally ..

The thing is I've slagged of the catholic priests that have systematically raped young boys and the cover up for years from the top of the church leaders.

The difference being we can openly pull apart the Christian Church without fear of fatwas from the archbishop.

And it wasn't covered up by civil servants who didn't wish to "upset" the peace loving Muslims.

You know for a religion of peace as everyone keeps telling me, we seem to be pretty dammed feared of upsetting them.

Now you keep telling me their not real Muslims their not the real sons of Allah, how do we know who are the real disciples?.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hey you won't see me sticking up for Christians I'm not bigoted I hate people of all faiths equally ..

The thing is I've slagged of the catholic priests that have systematically raped young boys and the cover up for years from the top of the church leaders.

The difference being we can openly pull apart the Christian Church without fear of fatwas from the archbishop.

And it wasn't covered up by civil servants who didn't wish to "upset" the peace loving Muslims.

You know for a religion of peace as everyone keeps telling me, we seem to be pretty dammed feared of upsetting them.

Now you keep telling me their not real Muslims their not the real sons of Allah, how do we know who are the real disciples?."

Start with the 1.6bn that don't go around perpetrating crimes against humanity - you may or may not discover any disciples but you're sure to find lots of decent human beings.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Now you keep telling me their not real Muslims their not the real sons of Allah, how do we know who are the real disciples?."

Who has told you that they are not real Muslims?

I am stating that they don't represent ALL Muslims.

The Ku Klux Klan are still real Christians.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I dont think by going on google and reading bits and bobs not going to get the undetstanding of islam try checking the history of damascus(syria) were jews,christains,muslims all have bein living side by side for over 1500 hundred years the saudi family do not repsent islam there dogs of the devil read up about the jews christain muslims living togeather in arabia "

Yeah well it's not just Christians is it.... I mean who stood up against those Muslims that blew up the golden dome in sammara, one of the most sacred shia shrines..

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

TheGentlemanCometh: It's not extreme to Islam. It's actually the norm

Totally ridiculous thing to say. So let’s listen to the voice of reason from a normal, moderate member of the Islamic/Easton ethnic community.

asianbrumies:

Well thanks a lot AsianBrummies. You really proved him wrong with that outburst of one sided half-truths.

So one-by-one

The Christians have not started most of the wars in modern history. Most of the war sin modern history have been started by Fascists or Communists, both of which are in fact atheist.

The Nazi, as has already been pointed out, were not Christian. That’s not to say that some, maybe even a lot, of people who supported them were not Christian but they themselves were not Christian but again Atheist. However it should be noted that Himmler himself professed many Muslim ideas and regarded Mohamed in quite high esteem. (Google it if you don’t believe me).

The Spanish Inquisition was against Heretical Christians. It could not, and did not touch you if you were a Jew or Muslin (Unless you claimed to have converted). It was pretty tough on you if you were a Protestant mind.

Yes, let’s not forget the Crusades. They were almost as bloody and cruel to the people in the areas they conquered as the original muslin Jihads a few hundred years before them. Let us not forget that the Islamic world was carved out the old Christian Byzantium Empire by force and the people living were given the simple choice of convert to Islam, leave, die or become second class citizens. I bot like the Christians did in North America a few hundred years later.

The reality is than people, whether they be Christian, Jewish, Muslin, Hindu or Atheist can do wicked and evil things. And the only way to defeat evil is by standing up against, not by excusing it because some other evil was committed by someone else some many years before.

If you don’t want people to believe that Muslims are a bunch of animals (and I don’t) then stop supporting rouge Muslims just because they say they’re doing something in the name of God and Islam

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hey you won't see me sticking up for Christians I'm not bigoted I hate people of all faiths equally ..

Now you keep telling me their not real Muslims their not the real sons of Allah, how do we know who are the real disciples?.

Start with the 1.6bn that don't go around perpetrating crimes against humanity - you may or may not discover any disciples but you're sure to find lots of decent human beings. "

I don't have to I live in a free democratic country. I'm not the one that needs to find the "good" Muslims.... It's them that need to expel these bad ones.

Reply privately

By *rown_cock_edinMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

In the same way that the Spanish Inquisition is representative of Christianity?"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"TheGentlemanCometh: It's not extreme to Islam. It's actually the norm

Totally ridiculous thing to say. So let’s listen to the voice of reason from a normal, moderate member of the Islamic/Easton ethnic community.

asianbrumies:

Well thanks a lot AsianBrummies. You really proved him wrong with that outburst of one sided half-truths.

So one-by-one

The Christians have not started most of the wars in modern history. Most of the war sin modern history have been started by Fascists or Communists, both of which are in fact atheist.

The Nazi, as has already been pointed out, were not Christian. That’s not to say that some, maybe even a lot, of people who supported them were not Christian but they themselves were not Christian but again Atheist. However it should be noted that Himmler himself professed many Muslim ideas and regarded Mohamed in quite high esteem. (Google it if you don’t believe me).

The Spanish Inquisition was against Heretical Christians. It could not, and did not touch you if you were a Jew or Muslin (Unless you claimed to have converted). It was pretty tough on you if you were a Protestant mind.

Yes, let’s not forget the Crusades. They were almost as bloody and cruel to the people in the areas they conquered as the original muslin Jihads a few hundred years before them. Let us not forget that the Islamic world was carved out the old Christian Byzantium Empire by force and the people living were given the simple choice of convert to Islam, leave, die or become second class citizens. I bot like the Christians did in North America a few hundred years later.

The reality is than people, whether they be Christian, Jewish, Muslin, Hindu or Atheist can do wicked and evil things. And the only way to defeat evil is by standing up against, not by excusing it because some other evil was committed by someone else some many years before.

If you don’t want people to believe that Muslims are a bunch of animals (and I don’t) then stop supporting rouge Muslims just because they say they’re doing something in the name of God and Islam

"

Well said, now can we put this thread to bed now, it was always going to end in tears, we have established that the world is full of nutters from all religions

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I dont think by going on google and reading bits and bobs not going to get the undetstanding of islam try checking the history of damascus(syria) were jews,christains,muslims all have bein living side by side for over 1500 hundred years the saudi family do not repsent islam there dogs of the devil read up about the jews christain muslims living togeather in arabia .

Yeah well it's not just Christians is it.... I mean who stood up against those Muslims that blew up the golden dome in sammara, one of the most sacred shia shrines.."

you can say tge same for the so-called shia that go.around blowing or trying to blow shrines to are all shia's the same no its groups of people with nothing to do with islam or muslims useing the name of islam to carry out there madness

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Thank you Gbiggy but I've also got a rant against your previous comment

The world is a fucked up place, most wars revolved around religion in one form or other, you've got to wonder what the world would be like if there was no religion at all and if there is no god and religion in all forms is just something made up by us humans because we are too weak to accept that death is the end then all wars have been for nothing. A bus load of defenceless none Muslims were executed yesterday simply because they were not Muslim. I'd like to see the chapter in the Qoran that explains that. The fuckers

We don’t have to wonder what the world would be like without religion because we’ve seen what it’s like without religion. Nazi Germany (responsible for the deaths of over 10,000,000 innocent people) and the Communist USSR (believed to be responsible for the deaths of over 30,000,000 innocent people). That’s more dead people in 1 century than in all the Crusades, Jihads, Inquisitions or witch burnings throughout history.

Reply privately

over a year ago

By the way that shrine is more importent to sunni muslims it the goverment there shia and handed it down to the shia like other shrines,holy sites etc

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thank you Gbiggy but I've also got a rant against your previous comment

We don’t have to wonder what the world would be like without religion because we’ve seen what it’s like without religion. Nazi Germany (responsible for the deaths of over 10,000,000 innocent people) and the Communist USSR (believed to be responsible for the deaths of over 30,000,000 innocent people). That’s more dead people in 1 century than in all the Crusades, Jihads, Inquisitions or witch burnings throughout history.

"

The communists also lost 45 million people fighting the Nazis so you could write this tonight.

The fact of the matter is it's a totalitarian religion none of us could be here tonight writing this in a Muslim county this website couldn't even exist.

It might be a religion of peace but certainly isn't a religion of freedoms.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

[Removed by poster at 23/11/14 01:24:46]

Reply privately

over a year ago

The communists also lost 45 million people fighting the Nazis so you could write this tonight.

The fact of the matter is it's a totalitarian religion none of us could be here tonight writing this in a Muslim county this website couldn't even exist.

It might be a religion of peace but certainly isn't a religion of freedoms."

I checked my Fab account the last time I was in Turkey. Even posted on the forums.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I think you would find that most real Christians would not approve of this site and if they could would probably try and ban it.

Religion, by its vary nature, is never very tolerant. That's why, although the bases of our law is from Abrahamic beliefs about right and wrong, we no longer put the church in charge of legislating the laws we live under.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I checked my Fab account the last time I was in Turkey. Even posted on the forums. "

Turkey is secular.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Blackspice

I checked my Fab account the last time I was in Turkey. Even posted on the forums.

While most of the population of Turkey is Islamic, Turkey itself is a secular state in exactly the same as most of the population of The United Kingdom is Christian but The United Kingdom is a Secular state. In neither turkey nor here do we have religious leaders being the primary movers for legislation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think you would find that most real Christians would not approve of this site and if they could would probably try and ban it.

Religion, by its vary nature, is never very tolerant. That's why, although the bases of our law is from Abrahamic beliefs about right and wrong, we no longer put the church in charge of legislating the laws we live under."

I'm an atheist there's no point quoting Christian wrong doing to me.

My point was at least I'm free to disagree and criticise Christian states, the same cannot be said for Muslim ones.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

In my limited experience I've found most Atheist far less tolerant of other peoples beliefs than most Christians, Muslims, Jews, Agnostics or any other faith. They seem to me to have lost their grasp on the most basic principle of a tolerant society. That is live and let live. (But I guess that discussion is for another thread on another day).

Reply privately

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman
over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

This may have been said already but I don't care it has to be said.

No God in any religion surely condones the killing of another human being for whatever purpose!

No matter what religion you are what you believe killing isn't right! We all deserve to live 8 this world. That is humans right!

Reply privately

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman
over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

In not 8!

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Very well and simply said

Reply privately

over a year ago

Think people are forgetting there was a muslim regiment in the nazi regime..history has a habit of repeating itself cos we don't learn from it. Religion was made up to keep the peasants in order all those years ago.. As a ex forces of 14yrs service, I personally think we are entering into the beginning of the end..its only a matter of time..cos as I said earlier..we dont learn an it will be our undoing..

Reply privately

By *ecretly seductiveWoman
over a year ago

Palookaville

you would love to think I this day And age we would be beyond being so cruelly barbaric to our fellow human beings. My heart goes out to the families of all those killed .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Like i say. We need to look at the root causes of all this. Once we tackle that, then you'd find the solutions.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Yes we do need to solve the root causes of the problem but EVIL is EVIL and should be condemned.

Jihadi John is EVIL. No excuses, no equivocation. He, and his actions, should be condemned by all decent people not excused because of some perceived wrong he, or you, feel has been done.

If you don't confront evil it spreads like a cancer and eventually ends up killing YOU.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Erm, excuse me?? I wasn't aware I went around beheading innocent people!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The United Kingdom is a Secular state. In neither turkey nor here do we have religious leaders being the primary movers for legislation.

"

Apart from the fact there is an established church in Britain and you have Bishops of the Church of England in the House of Lords...

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

for those of you quoting the Muslim holy book to prove a point... i'd be very careful, because if you have ever read passages of the old testament... it isn't exactly sweetness and light in there either......

the security services know who this guy is.... they just haven't named him publically......

his name is on the internet if you look hard enough, the reason why they haven't named him offically is likely to be the backlash against his uk family.... and various operations probably being conducted

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I wondered when someone was going to raise that point.

The United Kingdom is a secular state but a predominantly Christian country. I personally believe that religion has an important part to play in helping to build a just society and should be represented, but not control, the forming of legislation.

The Church of England, represented by the Lords Spiritual in the House of Lords, fulfils that purpose but it does not control legislation (except matter directly affecting the Church of England).

I'm not against reform of the current balance of Lords Spiritual to include other faiths but I think it would be a shame if absolutely no religious or spiritual input was part the legislative process. Most people still believe in some sort of God and it is right IMHO that this is reflected in the legislature.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I have and you’re totally correct. In fact for every passage in the Koran that can be used to justify killing people there are probably 2 or more in the bible saying pretty much the same thing. Especially if taken out of context (and that applies to both books).

Miss quoting phrases from religious has been used throughout history to both inspire evil and condemn the other. It’s up to us, as decent civilised people, to stand up for what we know to be right and condemn what we know to be wrong or evil

Reply privately

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

What I find quite amusing are the double standards of many of our "left leaning" friends.

On the one hand, A handful of Ukip members come out with a dodgy remark or two and the whole party are a bunch of racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic, bigots.

On the other hand. Thousands of Muslims are rampaging around the middle east (and Africa) shooting, blowing up, crucifying, and beheading people, among many other atrocities. Yet should anyone try to put one iota of blame in the direction of Islam they are shouted down by the very same people as islamophobic, racist, bigots.

Personally I don't blame every Muslim for the actions of ISIS. Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, and all the other nutters. However I do blame the vast majority of the Muslim leadership both in Britain and the rest of the world.

While a few (and it was only a few) did come out and condemn the nutters a few weeks ago, funnily enough it seemed to coincide with the publication of the Rotherham report, once again the silence is deafening.

It is time Islamic leaders took a long hard look at themselves (that is of course if they want to) and start to kick the hate preachers out of the mosques and schools, and at least make an effort to clean up the image of their religion.

It is now estimated that as many as 2000 British Jihadi's have travelled to Syria, and passive support for ISIS is a lot stronger among young British Muslims than anyone would dare to admit. These young people are being radicalised somewhere and they don't all (if any) get it from a few Youtube video's. So let's see the religious leaders come down hard on the radical preachers, then, and only then, will the world at large once again believe that Islam is a religion of peace.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I answered this UKIP thing in a thread on it yesterday.

While I don't agree with statements about 'our "left leaning" friends', which I'm definitely not one of, not the comment on 'Thousands of Muslims' because many people, both from the left and right, are saying the Muslim Community should do something about this themselves. And that's where I start to agree with the rest of what you say. Drop the top half and we've got a good reasoned argument.

Reply privately

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"I answered this UKIP thing in a thread on it yesterday.

While I don't agree with statements about 'our "left leaning" friends', which I'm definitely not one of, not the comment on 'Thousands of Muslims' because many people, both from the left and right, are saying the Muslim Community should do something about this themselves. And that's where I start to agree with the rest of what you say. Drop the top half and we've got a good reasoned argument."

I read your posts on the other thread and although we would probably be on opposite sides in the EU argument I pretty much agree with most what you said.

However the shouting down of anyone critical of Islam and the insults to Ukip does come predominantly (although not exclusively) from the left side of the political spectrum.

Your other post and the fact that you say you are definitely not left leaning surely reinforces that.

Reply privately

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

How is that then.

What nonsense. With the exception of the Spanish Inquisition (and even that was nearly 600 years ago) and while barbaric has to be seen in its historical context at a time when Spain had only just achieved the Reconquista, and driven the Muslim invaders out of Iberia. It was as much about politics as religion.

Hitler was no more a Christian than you are (or me)

As for the crusades maybe you should do a little reading on the subject before making sweeping statements.

With only a little research you would find that the 1st crusade (which in turn led to the 2nd and 3rd) was in answer to the Muslim conquests which began in the 7th century under the leadership of the prophet Mohammed. These conquests took pretty much all of the middle east, north Africa, and most of Iberia by FORCE. The crusades were in answer to the Muslim conquest of Jerusalem and the persecution of the eastern Christians. Admittedly it did turn into a bit of a land grab by the Franks (Antioch Etc.) but bottom line is the Muslims started it.

The early (Pilgrim Father) settlers got on quite well with most of the native Americans and apart from a few rogues who tried to take slaves and a few skirmishes with tribes who wanted to kick out the settlers trade was much more common than war. The genocide of the natives didn't really get going until the mid 1800's and was all about land grab and expansion west rather than Christianity. In fact with a little lateral thinking if you want to lay blame at the root of the calamity you could go back to Napoleon Bonaparte (the man who sold a continent)

But whatever has happened in the past two wrongs don't make a right.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The Qur'an as far as I know is the only holy book not to be revised to reflect changing culture??. So yes there's the same references in the old testament but don't the majority of Christians now use the new testament. I'm not sure but haven't the Jews also revised there holy book? Maybe it's time for Muslims to do the same

As for atheists being intolerant, well yeah look at the shit we have to put up with from all sides.

Religion has no part in a state, you should be free to worship if you choose but religion should stay out of schools and legislates. that's the one thing the founding fathers in America got right.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The tragedy of it is, I'm pretty sure the security services knew who this guy was before he went out and what he was upto and who was his radical preacher but as always they use lots of things for political intentions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I checked my Fab account the last time I was in Turkey. Even posted on the forums. Turkey is secular."

I know it is, thats my point, it's still classed as a Muslim country because Islam is the major religion. There's a long list of Muslim countries where you could post on the Fab forums.

You've undermined your own earlier argument.

You continually use a few examples to generalise 1.6 billion Muslims.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

My point was at least I'm free to disagree and criticise Christian states, the same cannot be said for Muslim ones.

"

I'm agnostic, you are free to disagree and criticise Muslim states. That is what you're doing now on this thread. I just challenge that you insist on generalising. I am of the opinion that shows ignorance.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"for those of you quoting the Muslim holy book to prove a point... i'd be very careful, because if you have ever read passages of the old testament... it isn't exactly sweetness and light in there either......

the security services know who this guy is.... they just haven't named him publically......

his name is on the internet if you look hard enough, the reason why they haven't named him offically is likely to be the backlash against his uk family.... and various operations probably being conducted"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have and you’re totally correct. In fact for every passage in the Koran that can be used to justify killing people there are probably 2 or more in the bible saying pretty much the same thing. Especially if taken out of context (and that applies to both books).

Miss quoting phrases from religious has been used throughout history to both inspire evil and condemn the other. It’s up to us, as decent civilised people, to stand up for what we know to be right and condemn what we know to be wrong or evil

"

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

good and bad in all groupings.... celebrate & welcome the good.

deal with the bad

Reply privately

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

So a secular country is a Muslim country? I think you should ask Santa for a dictionary this year.

Secular

Adjective

of or pertaining to worldly things or to things that are not regarded as religious, spiritual, or sacred; temporal:

not pertaining to or connected with religion (opposed to sacred ):

(of education, a school, etc.) concerned with nonreligious subjects.

(of members of the clergy) not belonging to a religious order; not bound by monastic vows (opposed to regular ).

Turkey is however an interesting example.

While the overwhelming majority are Muslim and the politics of the country are becoming more and more Islamic leaning, Turkey still has aspirations to one day join the EU. Any hint of internet censorship would put their cause back years and almost certainly stop the flow of EU transitional cash to their coffers. So in this case not a very good example to quote.

Saudi Arabia or Iran (remember the Youtube "happy" kids) would be much better examples.

Reply privately

over a year ago

A coward pure and simple would not face a man unarmed one to one !

Reply privately

over a year ago

Isn't it about time both books were retitled "How to survive living in the middle east with no condoms, refrigeration, effective police force or antibiotics." Then people would know for sure how pointless they are.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Isn't it about time both books were retitled "How to survive living in the middle east with no condoms, refrigeration, effective police force or antibiotics." Then people would know for sure how pointless they are. "

You'd be surprised. Some modern scholars now believe the old testament and qu'ranic prohibition against pork was due to the amount of diseases and parasites pigs tended to be infested with back then, and the talmudic idea of circumcision was more about preventing infection than anything else.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I'm agnostic, you are free to disagree and criticise Muslim states. That is what you're doing now on this thread. I just challenge that you insist on generalising. I am of the opinion that shows ignorance. "

I'm a deist, I don't follow any religion, and think science holds all the answers for humanity.

Nonetheless I find some 'hardcore' atheists as hilarious, irrational, dogmatic and blinkered as some of the very worst religious people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well I can't speak for all the 1.6 billion Muslims, same as I can't speak for every footballer, but I can and will make statements like a large minority of these people are fundamentally fucked up .

A Muslim country in my mind is one run by the religious leaders.

So try going to Iran, Pakistan or Saudi Arabia and let me know how you get on criticising Islam or swinging.

Or just doing everyday stuff like... This 15 year old girl who's wrote into this Islamic question and answer website.. Have a read and see what you think mate.

http://islamqa.info/en/150604

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What I find quite amusing are the double standards of many of our "left leaning" friends.

On the one hand, A handful of Ukip members come out with a dodgy remark or two and the whole party are a bunch of racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic, bigots.

On the other hand. Thousands of Muslims are rampaging around the middle east (and Africa) shooting, blowing up, crucifying, and beheading people, among many other atrocities. Yet should anyone try to put one iota of blame in the direction of Islam they are shouted down by the very same people as islamophobic, racist, bigots.

Personally I don't blame every Muslim for the actions of ISIS. Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, and all the other nutters. However I do blame the vast majority of the Muslim leadership both in Britain and the rest of the world.

While a few (and it was only a few) did come out and condemn the nutters a few weeks ago, funnily enough it seemed to coincide with the publication of the Rotherham report, once again the silence is deafening.

It is time Islamic leaders took a long hard look at themselves (that is of course if they want to) and start to kick the hate preachers out of the mosques and schools, and at least make an effort to clean up the image of their religion.

It is now estimated that as many as 2000 British Jihadi's have travelled to Syria, and passive support for ISIS is a lot stronger among young British Muslims than anyone would dare to admit. These young people are being radicalised somewhere and they don't all (if any) get it from a few Youtube video's. So let's see the religious leaders come down hard on the radical preachers, then, and only then, will the world at large once again believe that Islam is a religion of peace."

Although I appreciate your reasoned argument I disagree with a fair amount of it and some of the assumptions you've made.

I do however completely agree with what I interpret to be your underlying point.

The answer to this is that moderate Muslims must step up and ridicule the extremists and their interpretation. Some do, but it doesn't get trumpeted enough by the media.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Isn't it about time both books were retitled "How to survive living in the middle east with no condoms, refrigeration, effective police force or antibiotics." Then people would know for sure how pointless they are.

You'd be surprised. Some modern scholars now believe the old testament and qu'ranic prohibition against pork was due to the amount of diseases and parasites pigs tended to be infested with back then, and the talmudic idea of circumcision was more about preventing infection than anything else.

"

I wouldn't be surprised, it's obvious!

"Don't eat pork you'll get ill

Don't fuck about you'll get ill

Don't commit crime it's bad

Do wash regularly if not you'll get ill

if you don't do these things you'll go to hell!"

There that should do it.

Reply privately

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Isn't it about time both books were retitled "How to survive living in the middle east with no condoms, refrigeration, effective police force or antibiotics." Then people would know for sure how pointless they are.

"

Of course. There are lots of teachings that were very relevant at the time.

I think I would have been very wary about eating Pork in 40 deg+ and no fridge. Only eating freshly killed meat was good sense for the same reason. Even wiping your arse with one hand and eating with the other (I forget which way around it is) was a good idea in a part of the world where running water was a scarce commodity.

But hey guys this is 2014. We've got fridges, freezers, knives and forks, hot and cold running water, soap, disinfectant, and dishwashers.

Reply privately

over a year ago

http://islamqa.info/en/150604.

I can Google you a dozen other websites just like this one.

Read it you bunch of fake liberal lovers of freedom who don't like ukip because there "fascist".

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well I can't speak for all the 1.6 billion Muslims, same as I can't speak for every footballer, but I can and will make statements like a large minority of these people are fundamentally fucked up .

So try going to Iran, Pakistan or Saudi Arabia and let me know how you get on criticising Islam or swinging.

Or just doing everyday stuff like... This 15 year old girl who's wrote into this Islamic question and answer website.. Have a read and see what you think mate.

http://islamqa.info/en/150604"

But not all muslim-majority states are constitutionally islamic-as opposed to secular-Turkey, Albania, Bosnia, Kosovo, Syria, Indonesia, Iraq, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kirghizstan, Turkmenistan, Tadjikistan and several others have secular constitutions. Also not all muslim-majority countries are in the middle east either.

And whether a country is constitutionally secular or not is of little consequence-the USA for example has a secular constitution but has one political party that is dominated by right-wing religious nutjobs-and the UK has a state church, but has a society that is overwhelmingly secular.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well I can't speak for all the 1.6 billion Muslims, same as I can't speak for every footballer, but I can and will make statements like a large minority of these people are fundamentally fucked up .

http://islamqa.info/en/150604

But not all muslim-majority states are constitutionally islamic-as opposed to secular-Turkey, Albania, Bosnia, Kosovo, Syria, Indonesia, Iraq, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kirghizstan, Turkmenistan, Tadjikistan and several others have secular constitutions. Also not all muslim-majority countries are in the middle east either.

And whether a country is constitutionally secular or not is of little consequence-the USA for example has a secular constitution but has one political party that is dominated by right-wing religious nutjobs-and the UK has a state church, but has a society that is overwhelmingly secular."

That's the whole point of a secular constitution though isn't it?. Even if religious nutjobs get in power they can't put their own religious beliefs on others.

Kosovo is a good example of a Muslim secular state.... It's only their because of the intervention of the united states and their nutjob leaders!

Reply privately

By *rown_cock_edinMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"

Religion has no part in a state, you should be free to worship if you choose but religion should stay out of schools and legislates. that's the one thing the founding fathers in America got right.

"

yes but I doubt you'll see that in practive any more... try seeing if an atheist become president.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/14/keep-religion-out-politics

There are a few documentaries on the subject, it is now so engrained that you cannot break from it. There is a post in the thread that talks about places like Iran, Saudi etc. being run by religion/religious leaders. In a same fashion this is also true of the US, but because of current media mentality its not easily seen.

An example of this is internet censorship, Obama and Cameron will attack places like China for having censorship, but at the same some talk about 'protecting its citizens from harmful material'... mainly in the guise of extremism content. This is a slipperly slope when people cannot see the full picture to make an informed decision (and many cannot make an informed decision because of media bias anyway).

Wars dont show who is right, only who is left.

Many actions of british bombers in the world war would by todays standards be called war crimes... but we would not seek justice on behalf of familes of german civilians because we did it to 'protect the nation and for the greater good'.

Western politicions should be help accountable for their forgein policy towards Africa, China, middle and far east. History has shown how these parts of the world have an ravaged by injustice and exploitism. Respect cannot be forced it has to be earned and both parties need to give it in equal measure.

Why do we need to build and supply as many weapons as we do today.. that only serve to destablise parts of the world and cause more suffering.

I need to find the link but there was a republican said "the US was God chosen nation, and with Gods help the US will smite all its enemies"... that not far off from what people would say of some 'fundamentalist'... Religion should be a personal choice, not a political weapon.

Reply privately

over a year ago

http://islamqa.info/en/150604"

"We are a Christian country and we should not be afraid to say so," - David Cameron.

We all understand and know what secular means, the UK is secular. It's still classed as a Christian country though.

Try walking down the road in some parts of Texas USA and criticising Christianity and the church. There are still places in America where a mixed race couple would have problems walking hand in hand through the streets, interracial marriage was still banned in parts of the USA at the beginning of the new millennium! Does that represent Christianity as a religion? No! It just means that some people have an extreme _iew of their religion.

I am no apologist for extreme regimes that happen to have Muslim majorities. I vehemently argue against many of their actions and beliefs. I do however have no time for the ignorance that puts 1.6 billion Muslims into the same bracket.

Reply privately

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

I think judging him should be left to his god.

Let's hope someone arranges the meeting soon.

To paraphrase Stormin Norman

Reply privately

over a year ago

Of which you rarely hear a fucking word of praise for it from any mad mullahs.

Reply privately

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"What I find quite amusing are the double standards of many of our "left leaning" friends.

It is now estimated that as many as 2000 British Jihadi's have travelled to Syria, and passive support for ISIS is a lot stronger among young British Muslims than anyone would dare to admit. These young people are being radicalised somewhere and they don't all (if any) get it from a few Youtube video's. So let's see the religious leaders come down hard on the radical preachers, then, and only then, will the world at large once again believe that Islam is a religion of peace.

Although I appreciate your reasoned argument I disagree with a fair amount of it and some of the assumptions you've made.

I do however completely agree with what I interpret to be your underlying point.

The answer to this is that moderate Muslims must step up and ridicule the extremists and their interpretation. Some do, but it doesn't get trumpeted enough by the media. "

I wouldn't blame the media. I'm sure that if the story was out there the BBC and Sky would be shouting it from the rooftops. It isn't so they don't.

Some of my assumptions? Hmm. I had to read my own post again to try to find them. Maybe it was that I accused many of our "left leaning friends"? Nope I would take that as fact. Or that there are "thousands of Muslims rampaging around the middle east" Nope ISIS are widely accepted to have around 30'000 fighters and I think rampaging is a fair description. Maybe the "estimate of 2000 British Jihadi's fighting in Syria" Not my estimate so cannot be my assumption. Or could it be "passive support for ISIS by young British Muslims"? On that one possibly, but if it is only equal to the number (as is almost certain) that have gone to Syria then I would find that very scary.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

And whether a country is constitutionally secular or not is of little consequence-the USA for example has a secular constitution but has one political party that is dominated by right-wing religious nutjobs-and the UK has a state church, but has a society that is overwhelmingly secular."

Reply privately

over a year ago

"http://islamqa.info/en/150604.

Read it you bunch of fake liberal lovers of freedom who don't like ukip because there "fascist"."

Name calling and deflection, you seem to have run out of reasoned argument.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Read it you bunch of fake liberal lovers of freedom who don't like ukip because there "fascist"."

Page not found.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Read it you bunch of fake liberal lovers of freedom who don't like ukip because there "fascist".

Name calling and deflection, you seem to have run out of reasoned argument. "

.Nah run out of patience maybe!.

By the way I wouldn't disagree with your argument that there's a large minority of Christian nujobs in the US that would also love to persecute the free!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

yes but I doubt you'll see that in practive any more... try seeing if an atheist become president

"

Never mind atheists, try and see a muslim, hindu, jew or anyone else who isn't a christian get elected to the presidency.

Massively ironic when you bear in mind many of the founding fathers were forward-thinking, modernising, tolerant deists and free-thinkers.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

yes but I doubt you'll see that in practive any more... try seeing if an atheist become president

Never mind atheists, try and see a muslim, hindu, jew or anyone else who isn't a christian get elected to the presidency.

Massively ironic when you bear in mind many of the founding fathers were forward-thinking, modernising, tolerant deists and free-thinkers."

Didn't the Mormon run last time!

There not really Christians.

Reply privately

By *rown_cock_edinMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"

Massively ironic when you bear in mind many of the founding fathers were forward-thinking, modernising, tolerant deists and free-thinkers."

Yeah thanks for expanding that... I was rushed typing but you know what I meant

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Massively ironic when you bear in mind many of the founding fathers were forward-thinking, modernising, tolerant deists and free-thinkers..

There not really Christians."

He didn't get elected though...which is the point.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I'm no expert on it, but wasn't Jefferson and franklin religious nutjobs?

Reply privately

By *rown_cock_edinMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"

Massively ironic when you bear in mind many of the founding fathers were forward-thinking, modernising, tolerant deists and free-thinkers..

There not really Christians."

Mitt Romney... ran, not President.

You should read the various articles on why being a mormon killed his chances everything else being equal. Being Mormon would have cost him.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I'm no expert on it, but wasn't Jefferson and franklin religious nutjobs? "

Nope. Franklin was most definitely a deist, as was Thomas Paine, Alexander Hamilton and Jefferson, and I think Washington too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

There not really Christians.

Mitt Romney... ran, not President.

You should read the various articles on why being a mormon killed his chances everything else being equal. Being Mormon would have cost him."

That's him, I didn't like him as

1 he's wealthy

2 he's a religious nutjobs

3 he's American

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Nope. Franklin was most definitely a deist, as was Thomas Paine, Alexander Hamilton and Jefferson, and I think Washington too."

Yay go founding fathers then! .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Nope. Franklin was most definitely a deist, as was Thomas Paine, Alexander Hamilton and Jefferson, and I think Washington too."

In fact, Franklin and Paine were amongst the foremost champions of the enlightenment and deism, along with Voltaire and Hume, at the time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Nope. Franklin was most definitely a deist, as was Thomas Paine, Alexander Hamilton and Jefferson, and I think Washington too.

In fact, Franklin and Paine were amongst the foremost champions of the enlightenment and deism, along with Voltaire and Hume, at the time."

aha...

Hence the illuminati membership

Reply privately

over a year ago

Name calling and deflection, you seem to have run out of reasoned argument. .Nah run out of patience maybe!.

By the way I wouldn't disagree with your argument that there's a large minority of Christian nujobs in the US that would also love to persecute the free!"

That is why my issue is with extremists and not with Christianity or Islam. I agree with many of your concerns surrounding Saudi Arabia who I personally _iew as being led by extremists. They though are one of our closest allies in the region! It's a mess.

Reply privately

By *lacksausageMan
over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

Freedom fighter, terrorist, president, prime minister, soldier, thief, killer, murderer, martyr, rebel, jihadist, liberator, warlord.

Depending on which side of the oceans you call home, the above tags could perfectly describe one and the same person.

Syria, Afghanistan, Libya, Kosovo, old Germany, Zimbabwe, tiny U.K. Blair, George USA bush, Vladimir Russia Putin, Georgia, nelson South Africa Mandela, Kashmir, Palestine v Israel, Osama Barack Ladin, etc.

No permanent friends!

Just permanent interests!!

Reply privately

By *rown_cock_edinMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Freedom fighter, terrorist, president, prime minister, soldier, thief, killer, murderer, martyr, rebel, jihadist, liberator, warlord.

Depending on which side of the oceans you call home, the above tags could perfectly describe one and the same person.

Syria, Afghanistan, Libya, Kosovo, old Germany, Zimbabwe, tiny U.K. Blair, George USA bush, Vladimir Russia Putin, Georgia, nelson South Africa Mandela, Kashmir, Palestine v Israel, Osama Barack Ladin, etc.

No permanent friends!

Just permanent interests!! "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Name calling and deflection, you seem to have run out of reasoned argument. .Nah run out of patience maybe!.

By the way I wouldn't disagree with your argument that there's a large minority of Christian nujobs in the US that would also love to persecute the free!

That is why my issue is with extremists and not with Christianity or Islam. I agree with many of your concerns surrounding Saudi Arabia who I personally _iew as being led by extremists. They though are one of our closest allies in the region! It's a mess. "

Yep and my opinion is most 'Muslim'counties are kept deliberately in the dark as it clearly is in both of the higher sides interest that people have utter faith in the Qur'an.

Let's face facts if you were a religious leader trying to promote your religion, it's dammed easier to do it on the less educated and least wealthy. I mean obviously they've looked to the older Christian religion and seen massive drop off of numbers as people become more educated and wealthy, I would say you only have to look at most Muslims immigrants and their children and grandchildren as a rule of thumb are less religious than they were.

It's why I said in the beginning that Muslims really need to take a look at what's happening in their own religion and stamp this, although minority, sizeable amount of people that take the Qur'an as gospel. And maybe it's time for a "new" Qur'an with the 1500 years old nasty stuff removed.

Of course that idea is never going to be pushed by the imams as this would be the beginning of the loss of control and in the end that's what all religions are about

Reply privately

over a year ago

Apart from the fact christianity is expanding in numbers rather than declining. It might be declining in (western) Europe and to a lesser extent America but its massively expanding in Africa and China. Islam might be the world's fastest growing religion but Christianity far outstrips it in numbers.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Apart from the fact christianity is expanding in numbers rather than declining. It might be declining in (western) Europe and to a lesser extent America but its massively expanding in Africa and China. Islam might be the world's fastest growing religion but Christianity far outstrips it in numbers."

All businesses have to find new markets once there original one has declined.

It's the capitalist way

Reply privately

over a year ago

Did you know that in a recent survey 80% of swedes declared themselves as atheist including 2 of their recent heads of state

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did you know that in a recent survey 80% of swedes declared themselves as atheist including 2 of their recent heads of state"

Heads of Government you mean; i.e. The Prime Minister.

The Head of State of Sweden is the King, who according to the constitution has to be a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Sweden.

And I was aware of those statistics, however 'irreligious' or 'non-religious' would be the better descriptor rather than 'atheist'.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The answer to this is that moderate Muslims must step up and ridicule the extremists and their interpretation. Some do, but it doesn't get trumpeted enough by the media.

I wouldn't blame the media. I'm sure that if the story was out there the BBC and Sky would be shouting it from the rooftops. It isn't so they don't.

Some of my assumptions? Hmm. I had to read my own post again to try to find them. Maybe it was that I accused many of our "left leaning friends"? Nope I would take that as fact. Or that there are "thousands of Muslims rampaging around the middle east" Nope ISIS are widely accepted to have around 30'000 fighters and I think rampaging is a fair description. Maybe the "estimate of 2000 British Jihadi's fighting in Syria" Not my estimate so cannot be my assumption. Or could it be "passive support for ISIS by young British Muslims"? On that one possibly, but if it is only equal to the number (as is almost certain) that have gone to Syria then I would find that very scary."

Have you forgotten why many of these British 'jihadists' went to fight in Syria? The same reason Cameron proposed a motion for war and was voted down by parliament. Assad had allegedly used chemical weapons on his own people. If Cameron had succeeded British troops would be fighting in Syria today on the side of the rebels who have now morped into ISIS.

It is widely accepted that we along with the Americans and some others have armed the rebels who became ISIS. We didn't care about these groups until they threatened our agenda.

Having armed them we're now faced with the embarrassment of working in part with Syria to get rid of them!

Many of these British 'jihadists' believed they had a just cause and were fighting on the side of moderate Muslims, the UK and the US.

It's more complex than 'Muslims rampaging around the middle east'. I stand by my opinion that you've made a number of assumptions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did you know that in a recent survey 80% of swedes declared themselves as atheist including 2 of their recent heads of state

Heads of Government you mean; i.e. The Prime Minister.

The Head of State of Sweden is the King, who according to the constitution has to be a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Sweden.

And I was aware of those statistics, however 'irreligious' or 'non-religious' would be the better descriptor rather than 'atheist'."

No they were asked if they believed in God. They said no, that's an atheist.

A non religious or agnostic would be someone who believe we don't know or can't know because we don't have enough knowledge.

And yes I meant heads of government

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some of my assumptions? Hmm. I had to read my own post again to try to find them. Maybe it was that I accused many of our "left leaning friends"? Nope I would take that as fact. Or that there are "thousands of Muslims rampaging around the middle east" Nope ISIS are widely accepted to have around 30'000 fighters and I think rampaging is a fair description. Maybe the "estimate of 2000 British Jihadi's fighting in Syria" Not my estimate so cannot be my assumption. Or could it be "passive support for ISIS by young British Muslims"? On that one possibly, but if it is only equal to the number (as is almost certain) that have gone to Syria then I would find that very scary.

Have you forgotten why many of these British 'jihadists' went to fight in Syria? The same reason Cameron proposed a motion for war and was voted down by parliament. Assad had allegedly used chemical weapons on his own people. If Cameron had succeeded British troops would be fighting in Syria today on the side of the rebels who have now morped into ISIS.

It is widely accepted that we along with the Americans and some others have armed the rebels who became ISIS. We didn't care about these groups until they threatened our agenda.

Having armed them we're now faced with the embarrassment of working in part with Syria to get rid of them!

Many of these British 'jihadists' believed they had a just cause and were fighting on the side of moderate Muslims, the UK and the US.

It's more complex than 'Muslims rampaging around the middle east'. I stand by my opinion that you've made a number of assumptions.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ahh ok

at any rate; ive noticed that in Europe at least; it's the traditionally Protestant countries that have become more secularised as societies. So the UK, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, parts of Germany and Switzerland, Estonia and Latvia have all become heavily secularised as societies.

In contrast, traditionally catholic countries such as Italy, Poland, France, etc. haven't, and I think that's because Catholicism, like Judaism and Islam, has a cultural aspect to it-along with the legal systems that goes with those three religions-so one can totally not believe in a God and still identify as say, catholic or jewish. Protestant christianity never had that 'cultural' element to it.

Then you have the traditionally eastern orthodox countries like Russia and the countries of the Balkans, where religion and churchgoing has gone the opposite way-maybe because it was persecuted under communism for so long-well; that and its so intrinsically tied to the national identities of those countries.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"

I'm agnostic, you are free to disagree and criticise Muslim states. That is what you're doing now on this thread. I just challenge that you insist on generalising. I am of the opinion that shows ignorance.

I'm a deist, I don't follow any religion, and think science holds all the answers for humanity.

Nonetheless I find some 'hardcore' atheists as hilarious, irrational, dogmatic and blinkered as some of the very worst religious people.

"

That's been my experience to

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

That's been my experience to"

Likewise I have known atheists who have been amongst the kindest, nicest most generous people I have ever known. Same with catholics; muslims, jews, protestants, buddhists etc. Ad infinitum.

See what I'm getting at?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ahh ok

at any rate; ive noticed that in Europe at least; it's the traditionally Protestant countries that have become more secularised as societies. So the UK, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, parts of Germany and Switzerland, Estonia and Latvia have all become heavily secularised as societies.

In contrast, traditionally catholic countries such as Italy, Poland, France, etc. haven't, and I think that's because Catholicism, like Judaism and Islam, has a cultural aspect to it-along with the legal systems that goes with those three religions-so one can totally not believe in a God and still identify as say, catholic or jewish. Protestant christianity never had that 'cultural' element to it.

Then you have the traditionally eastern orthodox countries like Russia and the countries of the Balkans, where religion and churchgoing has gone the opposite way-maybe because it was persecuted under communism for so long-well; that and its so intrinsically tied to the national identities of those countries."

That's a very interesting note and one I would presume comes from the teaching as children.

I can't speak for any of the other countries but CofE doesn't get rammed down kids throats the same in schools here to the same extent of Catholicism, Judaism and Islam.

Everyone likes kids, their very impressionable probably the same reason the army won't relent on that 16 recruitment age.

From my limited _iew of Catholics (being married to one), their heavily taught it while young, grow out of it as young adults but still send their own children to catholic schools, forget it again as they get in midlife then get back into it when the grim reaper comes a creeping

Reply privately

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

Er Hello. They are cutting peoples heads off. THAT IS NOT AN ASSUMPTION They are literally crucifying people. THAT IS NOT AN ASSUMPTION. They are machine gunning prisoners. THAT IS NOT AN ASSUMPTION. They are deliberately impregnating women to try to destroy a particular gene. THAT IS NOT AN ASSUMPTION.

That isn't complex. That is THOUSANDS OF MUSLIMS RAMPAGING AROUND THE MIDDLE EAST MURDERING RAPING AND PILLAGING to an extent that would make your average Viking blush.

Complex????? My Arse.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"

sexy-bum

I'm no expert on it, but wasn't Jefferson and franklin religious nutjobs? "

Almost definitely not, especially not Thomas Jefferson. He was guy who insisted on complete separation between church and state. In fact it is Jefferson's reasoning and arguments that form the basis of the hole concept of separation of the state from the church.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where exactly is the evidence of any of them actually being beheaded all we see is a head and body which could be a doll as the amount of blood you see in the vids are minimal. Also that knife isn't big enough. Its all psy ops media manipulation. The poor hostages were probably killed months ago sadly

Reply privately

over a year ago

That is why my issue is with extremists and not with Christianity or Islam. I agree with many of your concerns surrounding Saudi Arabia who I personally _iew as being led by extremists. They though are one of our closest allies in the region! It's a mess. .

Yep and my opinion is most 'Muslim'counties are kept deliberately in the dark as it clearly is in both of the higher sides interest that people have utter faith in the Qur'an.

Let's face facts if you were a religious leader trying to promote your religion, it's dammed easier to do it on the less educated and least wealthy. I mean obviously they've looked to the older Christian religion and seen massive drop off of numbers as people become more educated and wealthy, I would say you only have to look at most Muslims immigrants and their children and grandchildren as a rule of thumb are less religious than they were.

It's why I said in the beginning that Muslims really need to take a look at what's happening in their own religion and stamp this, although minority, sizeable amount of people that take the Qur'an as gospel. And maybe it's time for a "new" Qur'an with the 1500 years old nasty stuff removed.

Of course that idea is never going to be pushed by the imams as this would be the beginning of the loss of control and in the end that's what all religions are about"

Not trying to kick of but have to read all the Quran and its,meaning it dont need changing go rrad get a proper copy of it not on google if you go round looking for negative things you can find them all day long have,read the part about giving charity,animal rights,People talk about Jihad go cheek what it means cheek what hitting your wife means to.Many people kill in the name of god but god,does,not say kill people there over a billion muslims in the world if they all start following eg...blowing building places etc am sure world be much more worst place.Not kicking of go do your reasech before saying quran say's this muslim say this and that etc i seen in earlier post saying something about hitting your wife go cheeck what it means

Reply privately

By *rown_cock_edinMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

".. maybe it's time for a "new" Qur'an with the 1500 years old nasty stuff removed."

And who conducts the re_iew of the content and ensure the messages are not twisted and used for propoganda.

Take the various editions of the Christian Bible and how they have been re-written and some people prescribe it word for word. Some years ago US citizens were polled about the language of the bible... many thought it was written in modern English.

Put simple.. you are with God and his group and a true believer .. or a doubter/against God.. in which case Lucifer/Shataan/Devil has a season ticket for you in his stand. Given such a predicament its not difficult to understand why there is such nasty language towards disbelievers... I mean seriously... Heaven or dragged to Hell!!

if we could leave it as Love your God... and let others live their lives then tolerance becomes easier for those following a religion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

. Terrorism is above all murder. Murder is strictly forbidden in the Qur’an. Qur’an 6:151 says, “and do not kill a soul that God has made sacrosanct, save lawfully.” (i.e. murder is forbidden but the death penalty imposed by the state for a crime is permitted). 5:53 says, “… whoso kills a soul, unless it be for murder or for wreaking corruption in the land, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind; and he who saves a life, it shall be as if he had given life to all mankind.”

2. If the motive for terrorism is religious, it is impermissible in Islamic law. It is forbidden to attempt to impose Islam on other people. The Qur’an says, “There is no compulsion in religion. The right way has become distinct from error.” (-The Cow, 2:256). Note that this verse was revealed in Medina in 622 AD or after and was never abrogated by any other verse of the Quran. Islam’s holy book forbids coercing people into adopting any religion. They have to willingly choose it.

3. Islamic law forbids aggressive warfare. The Quran says, “But if the enemies incline towards peace, do you also incline towards peace. And trust in God! For He is the one who hears and knows all things.” (8:61) The Quran chapter “The Cow,” 2:190, says, “Fight in the way of God against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! God loveth not aggressors.”

4. In the Islamic law of war, not just any civil engineer can declare or launch a war. It is the prerogative of the duly constituted leader of the Muslim community that engages in the war. Nowadays that would be the president or prime minister of the state, as advised by the mufti or national jurisconsult.

5. The killing of innocent non-combatants is forbidden. According to Sunni tradition, ‘Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, the first Caliph, gave these instructions to his armies: “I instruct you in ten matters: Do not kill women, children, the old, or the infirm; do not cut down fruit-bearing trees; do not destroy any town . . . ” (Malik’s Muwatta’, “Kitab al-Jihad.”)

6. Terrorism or hirabah is forbidden in Islamic law, which groups it with brigandage, highway robbery and extortion rackets– any illicit use of fear and coercion in public spaces for money or power. The principle of forbidding the spreading of terror in the land is based on the Qur’an (Surah al-Ma’ida 5:33–34). Prominent [pdf] Muslim legal scholar Sherman Jackson writes, “The Spanish Maliki jurist Ibn `Abd al-Barr (d. 464/1070)) defines the agent of hiraba as ‘Anyone who disturbs free passage in the streets and renders them unsafe to travel, striving to spread corruption in the land by taking money, killing people or violating what God has made it unlawful to violate is guilty of hirabah . . .”

7. Sneak attacks are forbidden. Muslim commanders must give the enemy fair warning that war is imminent. The Prophet Muhammad at one point gave 4 months notice.

8. The Prophet Muhammad counseled doing good to those who harm you and is said to have commanded, “Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” (Al-Tirmidhi)

9. The Qur’an demands of believers that they exercise justice toward people even where they have reason to be angry with them: “And do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness.”[5:8]

10. The Qur’an assures Christians and Jews of paradise if they believe and do good works, and commends Christians as the best friends of Muslims. I wrote elsewhere, “Dangerous falsehoods are being promulgated to the American public. The Quran does not preach violence against Christians.

In other words, the Quran promises Christians and Jews along with Muslims that if they have faith and works, they need have no fear in the afterlife. It is not saying that non-Muslims go to hell– quite the opposite.

When speaking of the 7th-century situation in the Muslim city-state of Medina, which was at war with pagan Mecca, the Quran notes that the polytheists and some Arabian Jewish tribes were opposed to Islam, but then goes on to say:

So the Quran not only does not urge Muslims to commit violence against Christians, it calls them “nearest in love” to the Muslims! The reason given is their piety, their ability to produce holy persons dedicated to God, and their lack of overweening pride.

(For a modernist, liberal interpretation, see this pdf file, “Jihad and the Islamic Law of War.”

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ahh ok

Then you have the traditionally eastern orthodox countries like Russia and the countries of the Balkans, where religion and churchgoing has gone the opposite way-maybe because it was persecuted under communism for so long-well; that and its so intrinsically tied to the national identities of those countries..

That's a very interesting note and one I would presume comes from the teaching as children.

I can't speak for any of the other countries but CofE doesn't get rammed down kids throats the same in schools here to the same extent of Catholicism, Judaism and Islam.

Everyone likes kids, their very impressionable probably the same reason the army won't relent on that 16 recruitment age.

From my limited _iew of Catholics (being married to one), their heavily taught it while young, grow out of it as young adults but still send their own children to catholic schools, forget it again as they get in midlife then get back into it when the grim reaper comes a creeping "

and of course what is notable about Islam, Judaism and Catholicism is that there is no way one can 'leave' any of those religions, unlike protestantism and most of the world's other faiths. All one needs do to stop being a protestant is stop going to church-one can quite legitimately call oneself a jew, muslim or catholic without believing in any of it.

They are also tied to culture and to a lesser degree practice than neccesarily belief-which is why 'catholic atheists and 'jewish atheists' are not oxymorons.

I also think it's interesting that persecution of any belief system results in said belief system becoming stronger and more resilient-which is not only true of eastern orthodox christianity but is also true of judaism, in which case I think anti-semites are more responsible for a sense of jewish cultural identity than anyone else.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Where exactly is the evidence of any of them actually being beheaded all we see is a head and body which could be a doll as the amount of blood you see in the vids are minimal. Also that knife isn't big enough. Its all psy ops media manipulation. The poor hostages were probably killed months ago sadly"

Have you really just admitted to watching these videos? Not only do I find it appalling that you would, it is worth pointing out that, as far as I am aware, the Government has made it illegal to _iew such material

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Er Hello. They are cutting peoples heads off. THAT IS NOT AN ASSUMPTION They are literally crucifying people. THAT IS NOT AN ASSUMPTION. They are machine gunning prisoners. THAT IS NOT AN ASSUMPTION. They are deliberately impregnating women to try to destroy a particular gene. THAT IS NOT AN ASSUMPTION.

That isn't complex. That is THOUSANDS OF MUSLIMS RAMPAGING AROUND THE MIDDLE EAST MURDERING RAPING AND PILLAGING to an extent that would make your average Viking blush.

Complex????? My Arse."

Sarcasm or shouty text doesn't make your argument any more valid or change my _iew that some of your original assumptions are wrong.

If you don't understand that the situation is a complex one, fine. Most political commentators have specifically stated how complicated it is.

There are some horrible people doing despicable things. Where I think we both seem to agree is that moderate Muslims will probably need to play a bigger role in its eventual resolution.

I think we also agree that not all Muslims are represented or responsible for this extreme minority. That has been my core argument through this thread.

As for Jihadi John, they say if you live by the sword you'll die by the sword. I don't think many would be too disappointed if things work out that way for him and his ilk.

Reply privately