Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cold sores

Jump to newest

By *rc83 OP   Man
over a year ago

warrington

does any one on here suffer with them and if you do what do you use to get rid off them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"does any one on here suffer with them and if you do what do you use to get rid off them?"

Haven't had one for years but zovirax (I think it's called) was good and another one...arrghh can't recall name.

over a year ago

Don't give oral when you have one whatever you do !!!!!

By *CoastFunMan
over a year ago

Southampron

"Don't give oral when you have one whatever you do !!!!! "

Follow this advice and don't kiss anyone either. Very rarely do I get them but I use Tesco own brand cold sore cream. Should be ok to kiss and give oral after 10 to 14 days even though the area may appear a little red still.

By *rc83 OP   Man
over a year ago

warrington

I won't even think about meeting of I've got one. And still wouldn't for 3-4 days afterwards as it can still be there even though visible signs have gone.

I maybe a youngish male, but I'm not one who doesn't take into account other people's health.

It's just annoying more than anything.

over a year ago

Those sticky patches overnight seem to work well and have day time ones. Seems to speed up the process until your Coldsore free to meet again x

over a year ago

"Those sticky patches overnight seem to work well and have day time ones. Seems to speed up the process until your Coldsore free to meet again x"

By sticky patches I do mean those stick on your lips ones lol!!

By *rc83 OP   Man
over a year ago

warrington

I've tried those before and unfortunatly they didn't seem to work for me.

over a year ago

Anything with Aciclovir in. There is a website that gives advice if they are recurring

over a year ago

"I've tried those before and unfortunatly they didn't seem to work for me.

"

Some come whatever magic ingredient you may have just a case so move it on faster.

By *rc83 OP   Man
over a year ago

warrington

Yeah I've seen a couple of sites and read into it quiet abit recently.

My only concern really at the minute is I had Bell's palsy last year and its part caused by cold sores and don't want it to reoccur.

I've had them in the past but the past 4 months it's almost as soon as one has healed another pops up. Think I'm getting abit run down and stressed and that's why I'm getting them more frequently.

over a year ago

"does any one on here suffer with them and if you do what do you use to get rid off them?"

Zovirax tablets rather than the creams it tackles it from inside obv but trust me it's very good you need to get a Dr to prescribe it tho

By *rc83 OP   Man
over a year ago

warrington

Have you tried to get a doctors appointment recently. There harder to get than rocking horse poop.

By *rc83 OP   Man
over a year ago

warrington

Not that j want rocking horse poop

over a year ago

You may be low In zinc. Try a zinc supplement

By *rc83 OP   Man
over a year ago

warrington

Ah right thank you. Take multi vits everyday anyways but I'll try that aswell

Thank you

By *avebi48Man
over a year ago

Lordswood

stress or exhaustion will make you more susceptible. Try taking L-Lysine tablets and use a lip salve based on it too. Also avoid chicken in your diet for a while.

Salt kills them off, put a large flake of sea salt onto it and press firmly and hold for as long as you can.

Doc will be able to prescribe zovirax tablets if you're suffering frequent or multiple outbreaks.

over a year ago

"Have you tried to get a doctors appointment recently. There harder to get than rocking horse poop."

If u can go to local urgent care centre where there is a gp or go online to the online pharmacy and you can get a Dr there to prescribe it for u obv at a cost but the tablet form of acyclovir is the best for it doesn't cure it but it is best for getting rid of it so it goes dormant

Post new Message to Thread