Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

'You Had Me At Hello '

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've borrowed the line from Jerry McGuire's wife to ask you Fabsters about what motivates you most to reply to a first message.

The content of a message or your physical attraction to the pictures.

The easy answer is both, but splinters in the bum are particularly uncomfortable.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Definitely the message for me.....

If the message is really well written with wit and humour then sometimes I have exchanged a few messages before I even view the profile

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

If they have read my profile and are what I'm looking for... They would only message if they think I am what they are looking for so that bit is covered.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

I reply to every message unless its some dude offering to suck my cock for me

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

If they seem to have read my profile, or at least aren't what I say I'm not looking for, and if it's a decent message, I'll reply even if to say no thanks.

A yes please reply comes from a combination of photos, profile and message.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

A nice big fanny pic

over a year ago

The profile for me. It doesn't really matter what the first message says. If I'm attracted by the profile I'll respond. Subsequent messages are more important. If they can continue to keep my interest, and I theirs, we are onto a winner.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I've borrowed the line from Jerry McGuire's wife to ask you Fabsters about what motivates you most to reply to a first message.

The easy answer is both, but splinters in the bum are particularly uncomfortable. "

Someone on here used that line on me a few weeks in.....yea right!!

Either can grab me, but to be honest if I find the pics unattractive, the best message in the world will only get a no thank you. The right pics however can overrule all but the worst text speak message!

Somewhere in between there is a 'dating site' area where personality can win me over, but those guys are few and far between on here, most won't put the time in.

over a year ago

I block anyone i don't find physically attractive, i know i'm not stunning and that it's shallow but it's how i am. So there it doesn't matter how awesome the message is, i just see no point in replying.

After that i will reply to anyone who turns me on, can be their message, profile or pics, or a combination of these that do it for me. And if either of these put me off someone i also will block. I prefer polite messages and for them to start a conversation so i can reply back with more than a 'thanks' or 'ok'.

Pretty much most of my inbox gets ignored anyway, sometimes for days, even a couple of weeks for some messages coz i save them and intend to chat later, and because i am badly organised, got poor concentration, and get confused easily.

So good luck anyone trying to get a reply from me, and i apologise in advance.

over a year ago

"Definitely the message for me.....

If the message is really well written with wit and humour then sometimes I have exchanged a few messages before I even view the profile"

Is part of the reason for that reflected in you not having your own pictures on display?

over a year ago

"The profile for me. It doesn't really matter what the first message says. If I'm attracted by the profile I'll respond. Subsequent messages are more important. If they can continue to keep my interest, and I theirs, we are onto a winner."

I agree, physical attraction is the prerequisite on a nsa site.

over a year ago

"I've borrowed the line from Jerry McGuire's wife to ask you Fabsters about what motivates you most to reply to a first message.

The easy answer is both, but splinters in the bum are particularly uncomfortable.

Either can grab me, but to be honest if I find the pics unattractive, the best message in the world will only get a no thank you. The right pics however can overrule all but the worst text speak message!

Somewhere in between there is a 'dating site' area where personality can win me over, but those guys are few and far between on here, most won't put the time in.

"

Can you be won over with time and effort if there isn't an initial attraction?

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Can you be won over with time and effort if there isn't an initial attraction? "

Yes, I have been once before - I became 'just friends' with someone very witty on a dating site and told my friend 'No way, not in a million years....!' but ended up totally beguiled after a few weeks!

over a year ago

"

Yes, I have been once before - I became 'just friends' with someone very witty on a dating site and told my friend 'No way, not in a million years....!' but ended up totally beguiled after a few weeks!"

Could that happen in a completely no strings sex environment?

over a year ago

Honestly ?

If we like the look of the sender in his pics we will delve further.

If not, it goes nowhere

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

Yes, I have been once before - I became 'just friends' with someone very witty on a dating site and told my friend 'No way, not in a million years....!' but ended up totally beguiled after a few weeks!

Could that happen in a completely no strings sex environment? "

Sure, though this isn't that anyway - there are people here wanting all kinds of 'stringiness', and I am open to relationships of all sorts.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Hello

over a year ago

Always reply to a message even if its to say no thanks

over a year ago

To be honest I want it all - just as I would on a dating site! So facial attractiveness, a good physique and a great personality are all important. Hence I meet about 1% of the guys who message me - but i've still had the best sex of my life on here - so it's all good! xx

over a year ago

"Definitely the message for me.....

If the message is really well written with wit and humour then sometimes I have exchanged a few messages before I even view the profile"

This for me too. A lot of really interesting people have no profile text. You never know how interesting someone is until you chat to them.

Some people have loads of pics and a huge profile and they are very very dull.

over a year ago

We answer all messages manners cost nothing we not shallow enough people are often better looking in the real life that pics personality goes along way too

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

I will check the pics and the profile - physical attraction is important, if I aint feeling it, sexually nothing will happen anyway because my body won't respond.

Having said that, I do reply to all messages anyway, even if its a polite no thanks.

Post new Message to Thread