Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

eBay help

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Now I'm not a regular eBay user so just after a little advice

I have bought a bottle of perfume off there that came this morning and it's fake

I have mailed them to state I'm not happy and would like a refund, their reply was the perfume was as advertised it does not state if it's real or fake and no refund is offered

I've been back and looked at the listing and while i agree the words genuine or fake do not appear the perfume is sold as viktor & rolf flowerbomb, under brand they have typed viktor & rolf and under fragrance they have typed flowerbomb they have even used a pic of a bottle lifted from the viktor & rolf website surely this is them selling it as genuine or does the word genuine really have to appear before I can aka a claim

any help would be grateful

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Open a case with eBay in the Resolution Centre. They usually side with the buyer. Be prepared to return the item recorded delivery though.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"Open a case with eBay in the Resolution Centre. They usually side with the buyer. Be prepared to return the item recorded delivery though. "

2nd class recorded to say some cash

over a year ago

Also, they don't have to say "genuine". eBay doesn't allow counterfeit goods to be sold.

over a year ago

if you paid by PayPal, fibrin them and demand a refund immediately

By *ouplekinkCouple
over a year ago

kink town

If it's a UK seller also contact trading standards.

over a year ago

"Also, they don't have to say "genuine". eBay doesn't allow counterfeit goods to be sold. "

do they not? Surely I should get a refund based on that then?

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

And when you have your refund, leave negative feedback

By *octor DeleriumMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"Also, they don't have to say "genuine". eBay doesn't allow counterfeit goods to be sold.

do they not? Surely I should get a refund based on that then?"

Photograph the bottle and packaging and attach to the correspondence with eBay.

I second the advice about Trading Standards.

Ensure that your costs for the return postage and signature on delivery are included with the original cost of purchase, postage and packing.

I'm, now, heading to eBay to look for a certain perfume vendor.

over a year ago

"Also, they don't have to say "genuine". eBay doesn't allow counterfeit goods to be sold.

do they not? Surely I should get a refund based on that then?"

I think you still have to go through the resolution process though as the seller has to prove it's genuine. eBay almost always rules in the buyer's favour though, especially as you've emails saying it's fake!

By *ikeDeltaMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

Yes, go through ebay rather than the seller, you can even take steps with paypal as long as the purchase was within 40 days. From experience they will normally return the money to your account.

over a year ago

If it's counterfeit tell them you will report them if you do not get a refund, I've bought lots of items where they have been counterfeit and I've mailed them they have always said keep the item and we'll refund you as they don't want to have to pay for you to post it back to them, that's mainly with Griffin Surviour and otterbox defender cases, wouldn't want fake aftershave/perfumes as God knows what's in them.

By *hortieWoman
over a year ago

Northampton

I'd give trading standards a ring first for advice before you send the package back!!

over a year ago

Ensure that your costs for the return postage and signature on delivery are included with the original cost of purchase, postage and packing.

"

i have managed to get them to agree to refund on arrival of returned perfume minus the P & P and return postage they say they only have to refund the cost of the actual perfume

By *ikeDeltaMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

No way, go through ebay and get the p&p back too! They shouldn't be selling fake goods in the first place

By *elsh_lass74Woman
over a year ago

South Wales

Open a case with eBay, you will get your postage too then. Plus they might get kicked of for selling fake items. Did you check the seller's feedback. That sometimes helps me when I'm buying from there.

over a year ago

Personally I would give them the benefit of the doubt (give them the opportunity to refund first) either way you'll get your money back as there in the wrong.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

No way would I be sending it back. They tried to bullshit their way out of it in the first place. Open a case with eBay and get your refund through proper channels. Then eBay can deal with them so others don't have the same problem!

By *rsIdiotWoman
over a year ago

Bedworth

Opening a case doesn't always work. I did that for a lingerie set that was a different size than advertised. Sent it back and got no refund at all! Ebay closed the case so I have no money and no goods either

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"Now I'm not a regular eBay user so just after a little advice

I have bought a bottle of perfume off there that came this morning and it's fake

I have mailed them to state I'm not happy and would like a refund, their reply was the perfume was as advertised it does not state if it's real or fake and no refund is offered

I've been back and looked at the listing and while i agree the words genuine or fake do not appear the perfume is sold as viktor & rolf flowerbomb, under brand they have typed viktor & rolf and under fragrance they have typed flowerbomb they have even used a pic of a bottle lifted from the viktor & rolf website surely this is them selling it as genuine or does the word genuine really have to appear before I can aka a claim

any help would be grateful "

It doesn't matter if the listing says if it's real. It's against ebay rules to sell counterfeits so you would reasonably expect it to be genuine.

Open a case with ebay because counterfeits are against the rules and if it's a business seller, report to Trading Standards.

Don't return the item before checking whether Trading Standards need it as evidence.

Sorry if someone already said this. I've not read the whole thread.

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

They have to refund all your postage costs both ways if the item is not as described. Ask them for a returns label.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

i have managed to get them to agree to refund on arrival of returned perfume minus the P & P and return postage they say they only have to refund the cost of the actual perfume "

No they don't! That's all ebay would force them to do, (refund what you paid INCLUDING the postage), and you'd be responsible for the return cost. However, Trading Standards are likely to take a different view!

Legally you are entitled to a full refund of what you paid and for them to cover any return postage costs. That's if Trading Standards don't confiscate it.

over a year ago

I don't use ebay really and have never had any experience of the refund procedure, but report it to the site and go through their channels rather than directly with the buyer.

As in the original listing, you have to be absolutely sure that they are marketing this as genuine and that you believed it to be genuine and the price paid . That perfume retails at around £65 for a 50ml eau de parfum. Even with incentive discounts you know your going to pay at least £50 so if theres a big difference in cost then its fairly obvious its fake.

over a year ago

I have sold items on EBay not knowing they were counterfeit, and luckily the buyer contacted me first and I gave a full refund, It's when people intentionally go out to rip people off that something needs to be done.

By *adyGardenWoman
over a year ago

LONDON (se)

As a regular ebay byer I have in occasions had to request money back. Normally as they want positive feed back they give a refund and let you keep said item.

If you put negative feedback stating you want your money back as the item is fake they will more than likely bite your hand off for a change of feed back and give you your refund.

By *moke itMan
over a year ago

Bristol

How much do you want for the perfume

Need to get my sister something for Xmas

Post new Message to Thread