Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

approaching women

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Guys and girls I need some advice, I hate it when I go out to nightclubs or bars and im not able to approach woemn who catch my eye. I just don't know what to do how to act or what to say? I need to try and build up my confidence..but would also like help in knowING what I can do?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *horshiperMan
over a year ago

London

Just smile and see if they smile back

over a year ago

Yeah I can do that, but sometimes it ends up being that awkward smile you can do...but then what If they smile back?

"Just smile and see if they smile back "

By *horshiperMan
over a year ago

London

Just say hi

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You could ask them what they are into

Conversation is an art form. It starts with a greeting and if it goes well you have pulled, but if you don't start with a smile you will never know.

By *horshiperMan
over a year ago

London

"You could ask them what they are into

Conversation is an art form. It starts with a greeting and if it goes well you have pulled, but if you don't start with a smile you will never know. "

By *one_wolf.Man
over a year ago

Chatham

"Guys and girls I need some advice, I hate it when I go out to nightclubs or bars and im not able to approach woemn who catch my eye. I just don't know what to do how to act or what to say? I need to try and build up my confidence..but would also like help in knowING what I can do?"

I know this is a devils way to do it but read these books and it will open your eyes and make you be confident and James bond like

1) The Game by Neil Strauss

2) The Rules of the Game by Neil Strauss

And finally the one to further what you learn from 1 and 2

3 The mystery method by mystery

Hope these help and will work as it has worked for me and a lot of my mates that were like you that froze and talked themselves out of approaching a lass in a bar or pub, I highly recommend them

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Say hello then a little compliment

over a year ago

Just keep trying...and if you fail...Make sure you fail better than the last time. Conversation is the same with the guys as the gals.

over a year ago

I had a similar problem. A mate of mine suggested the best time to approach women was when they were coming out of the loo. So I took the advice and waited outside the nightclub ladies. When a woman I fancied came of the loos I pounced and asked her if she'd had a good piss. Needless to say it didn't work

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

What they've said - smile and say hi, if they respond ask if they're enjoying themselves, give a compliment or talk about the music perhaps.

Be calm and relaxed, don't invade their personal space, maintain eye contact. Not all will respond but some will. All you need is to find a common discussion topic and take it from there.

Good luck

over a year ago

Ask yourself how would you like to be approached in a bar. Rather come over on the shy side than lecherous and predatory. So many men can't tell they are just being cheesy and slimy, rather than funny. Don't be afraid of sitting back a little and letting them take the lead a little, its a two way street and it proves your a good listener rather than a boorish man who talks over people and their views.

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I found "I'll get your coat.... You've pulled a gentlemen." works..

Like others have said smile and chat to ladies as you would to your mates

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Be confident, don't make like you're hitting on them and wanting to get into their knickers....

Then if there're interested they'll be wondering, 'why don't they?' - curiosity perked. Auto prat reaction disengaged.

By *uperGuy68Man
over a year ago

Southampton

"Like others have said smile and chat to ladies as you would to your mates "

I don't think, "Oi you tight arse, it's your round" is going to work!!

over a year ago

Wow, seriously dude this may sound stupid but...the mirror is your best friend.

It is the ultimate charisma building tool (joke for sims fans)

Seriously though, practice your conversation skills with the mirror, you become aware of your mannerisms and how you appear to other people when you talk. It really does help to build confidence. Also get d*unk.

I have no trouble approaching girls in the real world, just most of them aint as "bad" as they think they are and always end up wanting relationships.

I seem to have no such luck on here though lol, no reply in months, no new meet for almost a year now.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

If it goes wrong ask yourself 'what is the worst that can happen'?

Nothing much is the answer

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

Don't use cheesy chat up lines, in fact no chat up lines at all, just say Hi and start a conversation. Also accept that any advance might be rejected - this is one of the main things that prevents guys from approaching girls, the fear of rejection. Accept that it is inevitable in a lot of cases, understand that for every woman that turns you down, there is another who will engage with you.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Guys and girls I need some advice, I hate it when I go out to nightclubs or bars and im not able to approach woemn who catch my eye. I just don't know what to do how to act or what to say? I need to try and build up my confidence..but would also like help in knowING what I can do?"

Hello

if a man smiled at me and I smiled back it means no more than a friendly hello, if the man then approached and spoke to me I would make it clear by my actions if I was interested or not. So I suggest you smile and make eye contact with a woman you're interested in, if they smile and make eye contact too, walk over, say hello and ask if you can buy her a drink and chat. If she's interested you will know straight away.

Good luck, faint heart never won fair lady

PS do NOT EVER read any of those self help books about how to approach women.

By *onnie and JohnCouple
over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

take a look at a tv program called "dapper laughs" give you a idea how to chat with girls, if you need a link to it pm..

over a year ago

First off be sure of what you are looking for .

Then check out whether the girl you want to approach is likely to be after the same . Her actions , look , the way she seems should give you an idea .

Then catch her eye , you could smile or show a facial sign to ket her know you are interested .

If she reciprocates , calmly approach her , ask if she fancies a drink and a chat .

And from there it's up to you to engage , tell her you like her style , or how she stands out , or that she is the reason you came out tonight etc.... Would she like to move somewhere quieter , what food does she enjoy , fancy a meal .... It's just about establishing a connection . Don't be too forward , but don't be boring either . She could be after the same as you - if you don't ask you dont know .

over a year ago

"I had a similar problem. A mate of mine suggested the best time to approach women was when they were coming out of the loo. So I took the advice and waited outside the nightclub ladies. When a woman I fancied came of the loos I pounced and asked her if she'd had a good piss. Needless to say it didn't work "
ha ha cant imagine why....

over a year ago

Thanks for the advice guys, keep it coming and I will let you know when I get the chance

over a year ago

"Guys and girls I need some advice, I hate it when I go out to nightclubs or bars and im not able to approach woemn who catch my eye. I just don't know what to do how to act or what to say? I need to try and build up my confidence..but would also like help in knowING what I can do?

Hello

if a man smiled at me and I smiled back it means no more than a friendly hello, if the man then approached and spoke to me I would make it clear by my actions if I was interested or not. So I suggest you smile and make eye contact with a woman you're interested in, if they smile and make eye contact too, walk over, say hello and ask if you can buy her a drink and chat. If she's interested you will know straight away.

Good luck, faint heart never won fair lady

PS do NOT EVER read any of those self help books about how to approach women."

So true about the self help books. They just turn people in facsimiles of the author. And that's usually cheesier than a wotsit. You would just appear to be reading prepared lines, and it would not go down well.

You could always let them chat you up, its always worked for me....but you do have to be devilishly handsome!

Post new Message to Thread