Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Star Sign Compatibility

Jump to newest

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Hey does anyone believe in star sign compatibility. I am a Taurus I find that I best get on with other earth signs Virgo and Capricorn.

What are your thoughts ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *all-Eddies QosCouple
over a year ago

wirral

Think its nonsense

I am far from a "typical virgo"

Can't even say its cos I'm on the cusp

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Think its nonsense

Can't even say its cos I'm on the cusp"

Lol i would say you are typical virgo just from yoru post. Just an observation no offence intended

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Hokum!

But if people take comfort or confidence from it, fill ya boots.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hokum!

But if people take comfort or confidence from it, fill ya boots. "

Have you even got boots on? With you ball sack blowing in the wind ....what star sign are those?

over a year ago

I do tend to get on better with certain star signs, majority of my closest friends are all capricorns or taureans x

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

I am a great believer in it. I am a hindu and based on the practices of my religion all matches are based on star signs but they go further into it. your star sign is not just based on your date of birth but time of birth. Even our names are determined by star signs

over a year ago

I'm a Virgo And I do feel I am characteristic of my sign.

over a year ago

"I am a great believer in it. I am a hindu and based on the practices of my religion all matches are based on star signs but they go further into it. your star sign is not just based on your date of birth but time of birth. Even our names are determined by star signs "

I am a typical Taurean, not sure if that's a good or bad thing sometimes lol

over a year ago

I'm am Scorpio and I def feel like I behave the a Scorpio does so if any women think they see a match with a Scorpio and fancy a plah with me lets chat x

By *nigmatic1Woman
over a year ago

A seaside town near you!

I tend to get along with most star signs the exception being Leo's.

Every relationship I've had with a Leo has gone horribly wrong so there must be something in this compatibility lark!

over a year ago

I realised over the summer that pretty much all the guys I've had serious relationships with are all cancerians! I'm Capricorn so should get on well with cancerians but it never works for me!

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I realised over the summer that pretty much all the guys I've had serious relationships with are all cancerians! I'm Capricorn so should get on well with cancerians but it never works for me! "

But you are both opposites it would only work if you truly understand each other

By *ucky1Man
over a year ago

a straightjacket

I'm an Aries, so am supposed to get along best with other fire signs....so any Leos, Saggyhairyarses or fellow Arians out there???

over a year ago

I recently found out that I wasn't born in the wrong body but into the wrong star sign... I'm an Aries but display all of the personality traits of a Pisces with Taurus rising, I don't know what to do, I'm currently hoping for corrective surgery

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I'm a typical taurean.

i don't believe in the horoscopes in the newspapers, but there does seem to be something in it...

I've always struggles with sagitarians, but get on pretty well with everyone else.

over a year ago

To quote Eric cartman

It's all a bunch of tree hugging hippie crap

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"Hokum!

But if people take comfort or confidence from it, fill ya boots.

Have you even got boots on? With you ball sack blowing in the wind ....what star sign are those? "

Ah Cate your replies never cease to make me smile. x

In answer to your question my left ball is a Sagittarius and my right knacker is Capricorn.

That's right my testicles are so big they were born on separate days!!!

over a year ago

"I am a great believer in it. I am a hindu and based on the practices of my religion all matches are based on star signs but they go further into it. your star sign is not just based on your date of birth but time of birth. Even our names are determined by star signs "

What do you mean about names?

Genuinely interested and not after a debate or anything.

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I am a great believer in it. I am a hindu and based on the practices of my religion all matches are based on star signs but they go further into it. your star sign is not just based on your date of birth but time of birth. Even our names are determined by star signs

Genuinely interested and not after a debate or anything."

So when i was born my date and time of birth was given to priest to draw up my birth chart, from that birth chart my rashi is determined ( Star sign ) based on that star sign a series of letters from the hindi alphabet are given typically two or there from which you should be named. Its is all to do with keep harmony in your life

By *eembabyWoman
over a year ago

Brum

I'm a big believer in star signs ... I'm a cancer I'm most compatible with Scorpio , Pisces, Capricorns....

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

It's all nonsense

Any person who openly states that they are compatible with or not based upon time date of birth is demonstrably wrong

Of course it can be equally argued that humans living under delusions are harmless and if happy let them be

over a year ago

I find it really accurate. I even feel once I know someone's sign I understand them a bit better. I don't know why it should make sense, I'm a pretty pragmatic person, but it does.

over a year ago

"I am a great believer in it. I am a hindu and based on the practices of my religion all matches are based on star signs but they go further into it. your star sign is not just based on your date of birth but time of birth. Even our names are determined by star signs

Genuinely interested and not after a debate or anything.

So when i was born my date and time of birth was given to priest to draw up my birth chart, from that birth chart my rashi is determined ( Star sign ) based on that star sign a series of letters from the hindi alphabet are given typically two or there from which you should be named. Its is all to do with keep harmony in your life

"

Interesting. Thanks for answering my question.

By *all-Eddies QosCouple
over a year ago

wirral

"Think its nonsense

Lol i would say you are typical virgo just from yoru post. Just an observation no offence intended "

Elaborate

By *eembabyWoman
over a year ago

Brum

"It's all nonsense

Any person who openly states that they are compatible with or not based upon time date of birth is demonstrably wrong

Of course it can be equally argued that humans living under delusions are harmless and if happy let them be "

look who it is

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Think its nonsense

Lol i would say you are typical virgo just from yoru post. Just an observation no offence intended

Elaborate"

He can't it was made up to talk to you x

Some people would fall for such bullshit x

over a year ago

I've no idea what an earth sign is. I don't even know Mrs P's sign. It has never interested either of us.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"It's all nonsense

Of course it can be equally argued that humans living under delusions are harmless and if happy let them be

look who it is "

Apparently we are compatible x

By *o30Woman
over a year ago

Lincoln

" I do feel I am characteristic of my sign. "

I'm Aquarius.

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Think its nonsense

Elaborate"

Please don't be offended it is just an observation based on a post and not a criticism of you. But Virgo like to find faults in things, they are very particular, because you like to over analyse

By *eembabyWoman
over a year ago

Brum

My traits are bang on good an bad

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Think its nonsense

Elaborate

Please don't be offended it is just an observation based on a post and not a criticism of you. But Virgo like to find faults in things, they are very particular, because you like to over analyse "

That's rubbish she did not find fault , she declared the concept as nonsense , nor did she over analyse in fact she was most concise more like a scorpio or Aries x

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"My traits are bang on good an bad "

Science ?

List 6 good traits

6 bad traits

Then let's see who shares them

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Think its nonsense

Elaborate

Some people would fall for such bullshit x"

Taoist not at all, being a Yogic as your say you are i would have thought you understand that star signs are not whats written in papers, but the planets being aligned to bring you harmony in the same way that if the planets arent aligned it brings you distress. The Western form of astrology is very limited. So either you are not understanding Yoga correctly or not being taught properly. Shiva is the creator of yoga he was the first guru - and Shiva is the god of god within hinduism which is based on astrology.

over a year ago

Some call it occult, some call it mystical, some may call it faith,I call it bollocks!

over a year ago

I'm a cancerian (water). Very intuitive, emotional and also a cardinal sign. My other half is Taurus (earth) - we complement each other perfectly

Sarah x

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Think its nonsense

Elaborate

Taoist not at all, being a Yogic as your say you are i would have thought you understand that star signs are not whats written in papers, but the planets being aligned to bring you harmony in the same way that if the planets arent aligned it brings you distress. The Western form of astrology is very limited. So either you are not understanding Yoga correctly or not being taught properly. Shiva is the creator of yoga he was the first guru - and Shiva is the god of god within hinduism which is based on astrology."

I'm an atheist there are no gods Hindu or otherwise

Yoga was invented by humans

I practice the parts of yoga that I want period

over a year ago

I try not to think too much into it, but zodiacs are definitely interesting and make a good conversation starter.

I'm a Scorpio, I find that I do like Piscean girls like my sign is supposed to, but always seem to clash with Cancerians despite them supposedly being ideal.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I am a great believer in it. I am a hindu and based on the practices of my religion all matches are based on star signs but they go further into it. your star sign is not just based on your date of birth but time of birth. Even our names are determined by star signs I'm a cancerian (water). Very intuitive, emotional and also a cardinal sign. My other half is Taurus (earth) - we complement each other perfectly

Sarah x"

I'm very intuitive and emotional xx nothing to do with my birth date x

By *eedelightsWoman
over a year ago

London

Am Virgo and I think a typical one and yes I do over analyse things

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Think its nonsense

Elaborate

Taoist not at all, being a Yogic as your say you are i would have thought you understand that star signs are not whats written in papers, but the planets being aligned to bring you harmony in the same way that if the planets arent aligned it brings you distress. The Western form of astrology is very limited. So either you are not understanding Yoga correctly or not being taught properly. Shiva is the creator of yoga he was the first guru - and Shiva is the god of god within hinduism which is based on astrology.

I practice the parts of yoga that I want period"

Fair enough you practice yoga as an exercise but from there is a definite spiritual side to it. But each to there own. I do not force my beliefs on anyone they are personal to me

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Here's a fact

Until a person has met at least 100 000 people of each star sign then personal experience of meeting the odd compatible coincidence is meaningless

The sample size of the average human is laughably small for any rational statistical analysis xx

By *ouplekinkCouple
over a year ago

kink town

Each to their own, but its all a load of made up crap, same with psychics, mediums, palm readers, etc

Its all abit of fun i suppose, but really grips my shit when hear people duped into paying money for this shit.

over a year ago

"I am a great believer in it. I am a hindu and based on the practices of my religion all matches are based on star signs but they go further into it. your star sign is not just based on your date of birth but time of birth. Even our names are determined by star signs I'm a cancerian (water). Very intuitive, emotional and also a cardinal sign. My other half is Taurus (earth) - we complement each other perfectly

Sarah x

I'm very intuitive and emotional xx nothing to do with my birth date x"

What's your birthdate roughly

Sarah x

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Think its nonsense

Elaborate

I practice the parts of yoga that I want period

Fair enough you practice yoga as an exercise but from there is a definite spiritual side to it. But each to there own. I do not force my beliefs on anyone they are personal to me "

No there is an alleged spiritual side that is needless x

I have practiced yoga with a clear mind on a wild day standing on striding edge there is nothing more "spiritual"

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Sarah x

I'm very intuitive and emotional xx nothing to do with my birth date x What's your birthdate roughly

Sarah x"

May 7th

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Sarah x

I'm very intuitive and emotional xx nothing to do with my birth date x What's your birthdate roughly

Sarah x"

You tell me as if there was truth to this nonsense my personality should scream out the seconds xx

over a year ago

A pile of shite.

over a year ago

Sarah x

Sarah x

May 7th "

over a year ago

Sarah x

Sarah x

You tell me as if there was truth to this nonsense my personality should scream out the seconds xx"

It doesn't work like that...

Sarah x

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Sarah x

Sarah x

You tell me as if there was truth to this nonsense my personality should scream out the seconds xx"

Why are you knocking peoples beliefs - each person can decide on what they believe in - not one person has knocked you here

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm a Leo. What about me?

By *eembabyWoman
over a year ago

Brum

Anybody in to crystals too lol??? I've got a fair few big believer in them also

over a year ago

All I know about star signs is according to the cream egg advert "I go at it like a bull" apparently

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Anybody in to crystals too lol??? I've got a fair few big believer in them also "

Lol would that be the diamond type ?

over a year ago

I'm a cancer and j's an Aquarius. Pretty sure we're not meant to be compatible...

So for that reason it can't be true

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

London

Virgo you know what they say ladies lol

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Sarah x

Sarah x

You tell me as if there was truth to this nonsense my personality should scream out the seconds xx

Why are you knocking peoples beliefs - each person can decide on what they believe in - not one person has knocked you here"

It's a forum

I knock the belief not the person these concepts existed way before the people adopted them

Or perhaps you believe that snake oil should be freely sold without any validation of efficacy ?

Humans are perpetually inventing nonsense to hoodwink and manipulate humans

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Sarah x

Sarah x

Why are you knocking peoples beliefs - each person can decide on what they believe in - not one person has knocked you here

It's a forum

I knock the belief not the person these concepts existed way before the people adopted them

Or perhaps you believe that snake oil should be freely sold without any validation of efficacy ?

Humans are perpetually inventing nonsense to hoodwink and manipulate humans "

But if you knock the belief you knock the person that believes, i understand its a forum and your opinion you have a right to an opinion

By *plankyMan
over a year ago

Beeston

I'm a Cancerian.

Like most folk with the Cancer star sign I think astrology is rubbish.

over a year ago

I'm a typical pisces xx

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Sarah x

Sarah x

It's a forum

But if you knock the belief you knock the person that believes, i understand its a forum and your opinion you have a right to an opinion"

No I don't knock the person , if I were to say they are foolish or idiotic

I DO NOT THINK THAT

These psychological scams are complex very intelligent people can be sucked into them , they are constructed to seduce and manipulate

I knock no one by stating my conclusions anymore than they knock my decades of research into psychology , anthropology, theology , geology , magic , mind control , physics etc etc

I don't say it's nonsense based upon a belief or a whim or a casual dislike for an individual

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I'm a typical pisces xx"

So am I xx

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Sarah x

Sarah x

It's a forum

But if you knock the belief you knock the person that believes, i understand its a forum and your opinion you have a right to an opinion

No I don't knock the person , if I were to say they are foolish or idiotic

I DO NOT THINK THAT

These psychological scams are complex very intelligent people can be sucked into them , they are constructed to seduce and manipulate

I knock no one by stating my conclusions anymore than they knock my decades of research into psychology , anthropology, theology , geology , magic , mind control , physics etc etc

I don't say it's nonsense based upon a belief or a whim or a casual dislike for an individual

"

Fair enough and I agree there are to many scam artist they prey on the vulnerable but thats another subject

over a year ago

Virgo all the way baby, whatever that means lol.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I think it's a load of bunkum. However past experience makes me wary of Scorpios lol

over a year ago

"A pile of shite."

That's not a sign of the zodiac?

over a year ago

I'm a Gemini/Cancer cusp.

He's Aquarius.

We get on really well, both water signs and he brings out my confident Gemini, whilst the shy Gemini half joins the cancerian crab in the shell.

over a year ago

Aquarius is an air sign?

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Sarah x

Sarah x

You tell me as if there was truth to this nonsense my personality should scream out the seconds xxIt doesn't work like that...

Sarah x"

Ok open mind here how does it work ?

over a year ago

I am Gemini Cancer cusp. Drawn to Aries men but always in a bad way. They always want to be alpha male.

over a year ago

"I'm a typical pisces xx

So am I xx"

Me too

over a year ago

"I'm a big believer in star signs ... I'm a cancer I'm most compatible with Scorpio , Pisces, Capricorns.... "

Scorpio here come let's chat x

over a year ago

"Aquarius is an air sign?"

Yes, you're right it is.

over a year ago

"Aquarius is an air sign?

Yes, you're right it is. "

He told me it was water. Lol!

over a year ago

"Aquarius is an air sign?

Yes, you're right it is.

He told me it was water. Lol!"

It is a bit strange that the 'water carrier' is in fact an air sign

By *nigmatic1Woman
over a year ago

A seaside town near you!

"I'm a typical pisces xx

So am I xx

Me too "

Me three

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I'm a typical pisces xx

So am I xx

Me too

Me three "

Hello fishy's

over a year ago

"I'm a typical pisces xx

So am I xx

Me too "

I'm pisces but not sure what is typical lol

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I'm a typical pisces xx

So am I xx

Me too

I'm pisces but not sure what is typical lol"

Are you complicated pisces

over a year ago

"I'm a typical pisces xx

So am I xx

Me too

Are you complicated pisces"

Extremely

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I'm a typical pisces xx

So am I xx

Me too

Are you complicated pisces

Extremely"

Lol who isnt complicated

over a year ago

I am a Gemini and display characteristics of that sign. But I have no time for pop astrology

By *ngel_38Woman
over a year ago

Staffs

"I'm am Scorpio and I def feel like I behave the a Scorpio does so if any women think they see a match with a Scorpio and fancy a plah with me lets chat x"

I'm a Scorpio and apparently two scorpios have great sex ! So I put it to the test and it's true

By *rafty98Man
over a year ago

herts

"I'm am Scorpio and I def feel like I behave the a Scorpio does so if any women think they see a match with a Scorpio and fancy a plah with me lets chat x

I'm a Scorpio and apparently two scorpios have great sex ! So I put it to the test and it's true

"

Now I wish I was a scorpio and younger now

over a year ago

"I'm am Scorpio and I def feel like I behave the a Scorpio does so if any women think they see a match with a Scorpio and fancy a plah with me lets chat x

"

It's not. Both end up competing for dominance over the other.

over a year ago

It's not. Both end up competing for dominance over the other. "

And what is inherently wrong in that? It can lead to a very fiery encounter

By *ady G and GTCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

"Am Virgo and I think a typical one and yes I do over analyse things "

Me too

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Lol I wish I was like my star sign a bull

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

More like a bull in a china shop

By *rafty98Man
over a year ago

herts

"I'm a typical pisces xx

So am I xx

Me too

Me three "

I have dated a few Pisces being a Gemini and always been a good match

over a year ago

And what is inherently wrong in that? It can lead to a very fiery encounter "

Or in my case we both wanted the other to be dominant and either really wanting to.

By *ngel_38Woman
over a year ago

Staffs

And what is inherently wrong in that? It can lead to a very fiery encounter

Or in my case we both wanted the other to be dominant and either really wanting to. "

Me and my scorpio took it in turn to be Dom and yes its true scorpios are hot hot hot together

By *nigmatic1Woman
over a year ago

A seaside town near you!

I've heard that about scorpios too!!! Can I watch?

By *ngel_38Woman
over a year ago

Staffs

"I've heard that about scorpios too!!! Can I watch? "

Yes if u like. Can join in as well

By *eembabyWoman
over a year ago

Brum

I need a Scorpio male in me life

By *ngel_38Woman
over a year ago

Staffs

"I need a Scorpio male in me life "

U can share mine ?

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Capricons and taurus like to spend all day and night together in bed

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

I'm Sagittarius, said to be sporty, and like their freedom too much, i been single for 5 years now and enjoying it so i guess its true.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"Aquarius is an air sign?"

As is Gemini

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

I know eart are virgo taurus and capricorn

over a year ago

I'm a Libra, whatever that means.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"Am Virgo and I think a typical one and yes I do over analyse things

Me too "

and me

By *ikeDeltaMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

I'm a Scorpio, but I promise not to leave a sting! Unless the lady wants it that is

over a year ago

We are both Aries and get on perfectly

By *eMontresMan
over a year ago

Halesowen

I prefer the Chinese zodiac for amusing nonsense. I'm a dog.

The Dog is most compatible with the Horse or Tiger and incompatible with the Rooster and Dragon.

By *eendeeCouple
over a year ago

sheffield

Well Mr Dee is a Capricorn and Mrs Dee is a Leo and according to that combination we shouldn't be compatible but we have been married 24 yrs and together 27 yrs so something must've gone wrong lol x

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

"I'm a typical pisces xx

So am I xx"

I'm Pisces too ! Some traits I do have but definitely not typical as have fiery streak

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

I am a scorpion married to a capricorn . Not sure if either of us are typical .

over a year ago

"I prefer the Chinese zodiac for amusing nonsense. I'm a dog.

The Dog is most compatible with the Horse or Tiger and incompatible with the Rooster and Dragon."

I think I'm a sheep who the f-ing hell wants to be a sheep.

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

London

"Am Virgo and I think a typical one and yes I do over analyse things

Me too and me"

me four

over a year ago

"I'm a Libra, whatever that means."

me too

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I'm a Libra, whatever that means.

me too "

I'm a typical libra x

over a year ago

me too

I'm a typical libra x"

Seems like your star sign change hourly?

over a year ago

me too

I'm a typical libra x

Seems like your star sign change hourly? "

His star sign doesn't change. He's saying he has traits of that sign.

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Taoist I thought you were not believer

By *eembabyWoman
over a year ago

Brum

"I'm a Scorpio, but I promise not to leave a sting! Unless the lady wants it that is "

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Whilst I agree 'horoscopes' are something to be dismissed, having played around with full birth charts for fun I have found there to be some quite astonishing insights. I terms of compatibility the position of Venus at birth would be most relevant apparently.

I am fully prepared to accept there may be stranger things in heaven and earth than we are able to comprehend, after all, the moon moves an entire earth full of oceans twice daily, and I am 80% water they tell me.

Maybe the planets and our behaviour are both under the same third party influence, their physicality merely giving us some kind of clue as to it's actions?

Who knows, I don't really care - I simply find it amusing and I am open-minded enough to accept one day someone may confirm why.

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I'm a Scorpio, but I promise not to leave a sting! Unless the lady wants it that is "

You could sting me all over

over a year ago

I base my partners on it, yes.

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I base my partners on it, yes."

I find it really works for me

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The moon is much closer than stars millions of miles away, that may have long ago become extinct. There's no evidence that the moon affects personality, so I find it extremely unlikely that a few primitive people's grouping of a few stars into almost unrecognizable patterns has any influence.

Time of year and weather are things I can see as influential nut that's about it.

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"The moon is much closer than stars millions of miles away, that may have long ago become extinct. There's no evidence that the moon affects personality, so I find it extremely unlikely that a few primitive people's grouping of a few stars into almost unrecognizable patterns has any influence.

Time of year and weather are things I can see as influential nut that's about it."

Hindu stars signs are based on the alignment of the planets

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"The moon is much closer than stars millions of miles away, that may have long ago become extinct. There's no evidence that the moon affects personality, so I find it extremely unlikely that a few primitive people's grouping of a few stars into almost unrecognizable patterns has any influence.

Time of year and weather are things I can see as influential nut that's about it."

It's not stars that are credited with any influence, just planets. But they may simply be the observable indication of other patterns anyway.....

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Time of year and weather are things I can see as influential nut that's about it.

Hindu stars signs are based on the alignment of the planets "

Many ancient humans made nonsense up , often suggesting random stuff could influence and predict human behaviour for example tea leaves . They also thought a volcano erupting was a sign too

Hindu star signs are human invented nonsense I'm afraid x

over a year ago

What do you mean doesn't affect personality? Ahwhooooo

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Hindu stars signs are based on the alignment of the planets

Many ancient humans made nonsense up , often suggesting random stuff could influence and predict human behaviour for example tea leaves . They also thought a volcano erupting was a sign too

Hindu star signs are human invented nonsense I'm afraid x"

They do not predict behaviour. They are their so your life has a smoother journey

over a year ago

Cannot believe folk fall for this crap seriously if someone is a nice person or indeed a nutter its sod all to do with when born.

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Cannot believe folk fall for this crap seriously if someone is a nice person or indeed a nutter its sod all to do with when born.

"

You miss the point I am not saying people of other star signs are decent or not I am talking compatibility

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Cannot believe folk fall for this crap seriously if someone is a nice person or indeed a nutter its sod all to do with when born.

You miss the point I am not saying people of other star signs are decent or not I am talking compatibility"

Yes and it can be illustrated there is no statistical correlation between when a person was born and their personality

There is a vast array of research on non identical twins for example one study is the surprising number who have polar opposite personalities

A snippet of research and there is loads more xx

From www.astrology-and-science.com 16m 6g 68kb Home Fast-Find Index

Love signs

Fail world's largest tests (N=27m)

Geoffrey Dean

Abstract -- Three recent studies (Sachs 1998, Castille 2004, Voas 2007) with a combined sample size of 27 million couples have failed to find the slightest evidence for sun sign effects, thus confirming the results of earlier studies (which are briefly reviewed). Studies of sun sign compatibility largely avoid the problems that plague the testing of individual signs, namely those due to demography (depending on place and country some months have more births than others) and astronomy (due to the Earth's elliptical orbit some signs have more days than others), which here generally cancel out. We follow the tests in some detail to see how huge samples can tease out apparent astrological effects only to find them explained by recording bias and other glitches in the data. Despite the giant magnifying glass of huge samples, no sun sign effects could be detected. Interestingly, many studies have shown that sun sign self-attribution has a tiny effect size typically around 0.08, showing that some people have sufficient belief in sun signs to shift their self-image in the believed direction, albeit only slightly. But the same belief seems to have no effect when picking a partner (effect size 0.000,001), showing that such beliefs may shift their own self-image but not the actual behaviour of others. That is, even for them, the real world always prevails over astrology world. In short, lonely hearts (and anybody else including astrologers) who worry about sun signs (and by extension astrology itself) are absolutely wasting their time.

Married couples tend to be similar in many ways including age, height, education, social class, and attractiveness. The effect sizes can be substantial, for example bright men prefer bright women

And

Conclusion

These three studies (by respectively Sachs, Castille and Voas) are the largest tests of sun sign astrology ever undertaken. After allowing for response and procedural biasses, the distribution of spousal birthdays is as close to random as one is likely to find in a real-world situation. Voas concludes as follows:

"Astrologers are likely to complain that full birth charts are needed to predict personality accurately. There are two responses. First, to the extent that astrology has influenced everyday belief, it is almost entirely through the use of sun signs; if those were seen as useless when it comes to assessing personality and romantic compatibility, then astrology would lose its hold on the public imagination. Secondly, the basic signs are important even in professional charts. If they had any direct influence, however small, the giant magnifying glass of this huge sample would reveal it. No effects can be detected.

"The only remaining defence is that sun signs mean nothing on their own. [However] such a claim would mean that no generalizations about sun signs could be true. Virtually all astrologers, however, make statements about the supposed influence of different elements of a chart, including the sun sign."

In short, lonely hearts (and anybody else including astrologers) who worry about sun signs (and by extension astrology itself) are absolutely wasting their time. Nevertheless sun sign astrology is unlikely to go away, simply because there is a huge commercial profit to be made from its continued existence, along with wide ignorance of how to judge its claims.

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

You miss the point I am not saying people of other star signs are decent or not I am talking compatibility

Yes and it can be illustrated there is no statistical correlation between when a person was born and their personality

There is a vast array of research on non identical twins for example one study is the surprising number who have polar opposite personalities

A snippet of research and there is loads more xx

From www.astrology-and-science.com 16m 6g 68kb Home Fast-Find Index

Love signs

Fail world's largest tests (N=27m)

Geoffrey Dean

Abstract -- Three recent studies (Sachs 1998, Castille 2004, Voas 2007) with a combined sample size of 27 million couples have failed to find the slightest evidence for sun sign effects, thus confirming the results of earlier studies (which are briefly reviewed). Studies of sun sign compatibility largely avoid the problems that plague the testing of individual signs, namely those due to demography (depending on place and country some months have more births than others) and astronomy (due to the Earth's elliptical orbit some signs have more days than others), which here generally cancel out. We follow the tests in some detail to see how huge samples can tease out apparent astrological effects only to find them explained by recording bias and other glitches in the data. Despite the giant magnifying glass of huge samples, no sun sign effects could be detected. Interestingly, many studies have shown that sun sign self-attribution has a tiny effect size typically around 0.08, showing that some people have sufficient belief in sun signs to shift their self-image in the believed direction, albeit only slightly. But the same belief seems to have no effect when picking a partner (effect size 0.000,001), showing that such beliefs may shift their own self-image but not the actual behaviour of others. That is, even for them, the real world always prevails over astrology world. In short, lonely hearts (and anybody else including astrologers) who worry about sun signs (and by extension astrology itself) are absolutely wasting their time.

Married couples tend to be similar in many ways including age, height, education, social class, and attractiveness. The effect sizes can be substantial, for example bright men prefer bright women

And

Conclusion

These three studies (by respectively Sachs, Castille and Voas) are the largest tests of sun sign astrology ever undertaken. After allowing for response and procedural biasses, the distribution of spousal birthdays is as close to random as one is likely to find in a real-world situation. Voas concludes as follows:

"Astrologers are likely to complain that full birth charts are needed to predict personality accurately. There are two responses. First, to the extent that astrology has influenced everyday belief, it is almost entirely through the use of sun signs; if those were seen as useless when it comes to assessing personality and romantic compatibility, then astrology would lose its hold on the public imagination. Secondly, the basic signs are important even in professional charts. If they had any direct influence, however small, the giant magnifying glass of this huge sample would reveal it. No effects can be detected.

"The only remaining defence is that sun signs mean nothing on their own. [However] such a claim would mean that no generalizations about sun signs could be true. Virtually all astrologers, however, make statements about the supposed influence of different elements of a chart, including the sun sign."

In short, lonely hearts (and anybody else including astrologers) who worry about sun signs (and by extension astrology itself) are absolutely wasting their time. Nevertheless sun sign astrology is unlikely to go away, simply because there is a huge commercial profit to be made from its continued existence, along with wide ignorance of how to judge its claims.

"

Research tells you anything butter is bad for you or red meat is bad for you but we all still do it. It is ones beleifs

By *andm288Couple
over a year ago

oxford

Aries & Virgo here & it seems to work for us !

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

",,,Studies of sun sign compatibility largely avoid the problems that plague the testing of individual signs, namely those due to demography (depending on place and country some months have more births than others) and astronomy (due to the Earth's elliptical orbit some signs have more days than others), which here generally cancel out. We follow the tests in some detail to see how huge samples can tease out apparent astrological effects only to find them explained by recording bias and other glitches in the data. Despite the giant magnifying glass of huge samples, no sun sign effects could be detected. Interestingly, many studies have shown that sun sign self-attribution has a tiny effect size typically around 0.08, showing that some people have sufficient belief in sun signs to shift their self-image in the believed direction, albeit only slightly. But the same belief seems to have no effect when picking a partner (effect size 0.000,001), showing that such beliefs may shift their own self-image but not the actual behaviour of others. That is, even for them, the real world always prevails over astrology world. In short, lonely hearts (and anybody else including astrologers) who worry about sun signs (and by extension astrology itself) are absolutely wasting their time.

And

Conclusion

Research tells you anything butter is bad for you or red meat is bad for you but we all still do it. It is ones beleifs "

Yhat's why a meta-analysis will provide the more statistically significant results, rather than cherry picking something, somewhere that suits one position, such as butter/red meat being good or bad.

There does not appear to be any significance of star sign compatibility etc, based on comprehensive analyses run in this way.

I am biased, and like to point this out, as my beliefs concur with there being no influence from the planets.stars or astrology upon our personalities nor relationship compatibilities. I would be influenced by meaningful evidence to the contrary - it just doesn't seem to exist.

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

I just say if people want to believe let them believe its not like fascism causing anyone harm

over a year ago

I dont really believe in them. However, all 3 of my long term relationships were with capricorns and each one was a selfish cunt so I would try and avoid ever getting involved with another Capricorn I think

By *UFC9Man
over a year ago

Whitley Bay & Tamworth

"I dont really believe in them. However, all 3 of my long term relationships were with capricorns and each one was a selfish cunt so I would try and avoid ever getting involved with another Capricorn I think "
A star sign doesn't make you selfish or a cunt they clearly were both of those things regardless!

over a year ago

"I dont really believe in them. However, all 3 of my long term relationships were with capricorns and each one was a selfish cunt so I would try and avoid ever getting involved with another Capricorn I think A star sign doesn't make you selfish or a cunt they clearly were both of those things regardless! "
It did regards Capricorns in relation to Busty's starsign. Obviously she doesn't gel with Capricorn men. Three Capricorns? And they were all problematic relationships...

By *UFC9Man
over a year ago

Whitley Bay & Tamworth

"I dont really believe in them. However, all 3 of my long term relationships were with capricorns and each one was a selfish cunt so I would try and avoid ever getting involved with another Capricorn I think A star sign doesn't make you selfish or a cunt they clearly were both of those things regardless! It did regards Capricorns in relation to Busty's starsign. Obviously she doesn't gel with Capricorn men. Three Capricorns? And they were all problematic relationships..."
yeah you are right. You probably guess I am a Capricorn, stubborn yes but not selfish! Lol

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I dont really believe in them. However, all 3 of my long term relationships were with capricorns and each one was a selfish cunt so I would try and avoid ever getting involved with another Capricorn I think A star sign doesn't make you selfish or a cunt they clearly were both of those things regardless! It did regards Capricorns in relation to Busty's starsign. Obviously she doesn't gel with Capricorn men. Three Capricorns? And they were all problematic relationships..."

3 lol only 3 ,

Forgive me but you may find selfish is rather a common human trait that is often hilighted regarding certain members fab and I don't think they are all Capricorn

Let's face it labeling all Capricorn men as selfish, which the comment

"I would try and avoid ever getting involved with another Capricorn" implies

It Is equally as ignorant as saying that because you catch a black man steeling from your shop you will ban all men of such appearance

All one knows for sure about a Capricorn man is

They are male and have birthdate between Dec 22 and Jan 19 that's it no more the rest would be no more than wild baseless speculation . Occasionally one may guess right more often if we use the Barnham principles

over a year ago

"I'm Sagittarius, said to be sporty, and like their freedom too much, i been single for 5 years now and enjoying it so i guess its true. "

Yep Sagittarius hate feeling tied down, they like their freedom and don't like jealousy or possessiveness!

over a year ago

When we got engaged we were given a star sign compatibility book.

I don't think they had read it through first because leafing through the pages of whom gets on with whom and how well we got to Taurus and Taurus, we are six hours apart,and its advice was short and to the point, it said "Don't bother ".

That was nearly twenty eight years ago, twenty seventh wedding anniversary next month.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I'm Sagittarius, said to be sporty, and like their freedom too much, i been single for 5 years now and enjoying it so i guess its true.

Yep Sagittarius hate feeling tied down, they like their freedom and don't like jealousy or possessiveness! "

Fuck me x

I'm a typical Sagittarius xx

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"When we got engaged we were given a star sign compatibility book.

I don't think they had read it through first because leafing through the pages of whom gets on with whom and how well we got to Taurus and Taurus, we are six hours apart,and its advice was short and to the point, it said "Don't bother ".

That was nearly twenty eight years ago, twenty seventh wedding anniversary next month. "

Aparantly it is not considered harmful or worthy of concern that some people would make major decisions based upon exceptionally questionable advice from a vastly more questionable variety of sources and not all could could tick the box credible.

over a year ago

"When we got engaged we were given a star sign compatibility book.

That was nearly twenty eight years ago, twenty seventh wedding anniversary next month.

Aparantly it is not considered harmful or worthy of concern that some people would make major decisions based upon exceptionally questionable advice from a vastly more questionable variety of sources and not all could could tick the box credible."

Yeah, a bit like Feng Shui

over a year ago

I'm still a Libra, and I still don't know what that means.

By *horshiper OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I'm still a Libra, and I still don't know what that means."

You cant make up your mind

over a year ago

"I'm still a Libra, and I still don't know what that means.

You cant make up your mind "

You're wrong, I'm definitely Libra.

over a year ago

Typical scorpion here

By *ussypussWoman
over a year ago

South Birmingham waiting for the bf to come back after crimbo

"I'm an Aries, so am supposed to get along best with other fire signs....so any Leos, Saggyhairyarses or fellow Arians out there??? "

Am an Arian but every Arian I know, I clash with

over a year ago

I'm a deist (not an atheist or agnostic), I don't believe in horoscopes, mediums, feng shui, crystals, ghosts, and don't practice yoga or anything like that.

over a year ago

"I'm a deist (not an atheist or agnostic), I don't believe in horoscopes, mediums, feng shui, crystals, ghosts, and don't practice yoga or anything like that."
Horoscopes are very different to starsign traits..

You don't believe in any of the above, but believe all humankind will end up living on Mars thousands of years from now - you said this on another forum a week so ago

Sarah x

over a year ago

I don't 'believe' anything without evidence to back it up (though the word 'belief' is a difficult one for me)

...also, if you read my post a while back, I didn't actually say that.

Post new Message to Thread