Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Occupation

Jump to newest

By *occerstar579 OP   Man
over a year ago

Harrogate

Is occupation relevant and should it put you off seeing someone from here? Was on a social last night and when she asked what i did she decided to leave. before u panic job is straightforward...work in police force but was told "i dont trust the filth". Maybe i should have said was an MP...obviously far more trustworthy!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You dodged a bullet there (metaphorically)

over a year ago

She may have had a bad experience with the police.

As for a job putting us off............not bothered what anyone does for a living. It doesn't make them look any sexier or fuck any better or worse. For some it might but that's the beauty of the human race, we're all individual with our own preferences.

over a year ago

"Is occupation relevant and should it put you off seeing someone from here? Was on a social last night and when she asked what i did she decided to leave. before u panic job is straightforward...work in police force but was told "i dont trust the filth". Maybe i should have said was an MP...obviously far more trustworthy! "

I don't think it should make a difference. You could be a brain surgeon and it doesn't make you a better person overall than the roadsweeper

over a year ago

Harrogate

"She may have had a bad experience with the police.

As for a job putting us off............not bothered what anyone does for a living. It doesn't make them look any sexier or fuck any better or worse. For some it might but that's the beauty of the human race, we're all individual with our own preferences."

i agree!!! Just didnt feel need to lie...honesty always best.

over a year ago

Dolphin trainer or oil baron usually works for me

over a year ago

Harrogate

"Dolphin trainer or oil baron usually works for me "

Ha knowing my luck she would be an animal rights freak and blame me for all the dolphins held in captivity!

over a year ago

Obviously it matters to some people then. They're allowed to do that, it's their life.

over a year ago

"Dolphin trainer or oil baron usually works for me

Ha knowing my luck she would be an animal rights freak and blame me for all the dolphins held in captivity! "

Fair one then you come clean and say your a lying ass, may work but probably not lol

By *londegemWoman
over a year ago

my own little world

"Is occupation relevant and should it put you off seeing someone from here? Was on a social last night and when she asked what i did she decided to leave. before u panic job is straightforward...work in police force but was told "i dont trust the filth". Maybe i should have said was an MP...obviously far more trustworthy! "

I would have said did u bring yr cuffs lol ......

By *luezuluMan
over a year ago

Suffolk

Understandable

I wouldn't fuck a policeman either, now policewomen are a different matter

By *adyGardenWoman
over a year ago

LONDON (se)

I really don't see the issue with what a person does for a living. Makes no difference to who they are really

over a year ago

Harrogate

"Is occupation relevant and should it put you off seeing someone from here? Was on a social last night and when she asked what i did she decided to leave. before u panic job is straightforward...work in police force but was told "i dont trust the filth". Maybe i should have said was an MP...obviously far more trustworthy!

I would have said did u bring yr cuffs

lol ......"

No! Never on a first meet!!! truncheon on the other hand was there!! Lol

over a year ago

Maybe not a fishmonger. Or a sewage plant worker.

over a year ago

Harrogate

"Maybe not a fishmonger. Or a sewage plant worker. "

I agree...nice to know there are two worse jobs than a policeman !!!

over a year ago

There's jobs that would put me off although mote likely partner organisations than speci roles.

In all honesty though considering the amount of anti-police sentiment in some sectors of society I'm not sure why the OP is surprised to have encountered that reaction

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

we never ask other people their occupation or tell them ours. If they volunteer the information its up to them. If asked we give a broad idea and leave it at that.

over a year ago

No it shouldn't matter but as crystal says you should be aware of such reactions if you're in that line of work. ..rightly or wrongly wouldn't advertise it publicly either. ..asking for grief !!

over a year ago

Just say ur in the fources . So bad spelling

over a year ago

Its not relevant so why tell people in the first place most don't. Thats unless you were hoping it would help get a meet and its backfired which is down to yourself.

over a year ago

Harrogate

"Is occupation relevant and should it put you off seeing someone from here? Was on a social last night and when she asked what i did she decided to leave. before u panic job is straightforward...work in police force but was told "i dont trust the filth". Maybe i should have said was an MP...obviously far more trustworthy!

Its not relevant so why tell people in the first place most don't. Thats unless you were hoping it would help get a meet and its backfired which is down to yourself. "

Not at all....was on a meet at time and she asked. Was being honest and polite in reply.

over a year ago

I'm a publican now but if some on here find out I was a solider before they can turn funny , as lots don't like soldiers I find

By *ulfilthmentMan
over a year ago

Just around the corner

I don't really care what people do as long as they are clean and friendly.

over a year ago

Its not relevant so why tell people in the first place most don't. Thats unless you were hoping it would help get a meet and its backfired which is down to yourself.

Not at all....was on a meet at time and she asked. Was being honest and polite in reply."

It might have been for many reasons she left and in general policemen and firemen assume the uniform will help. You may say she left because of your job but invariably people are more tactful when leaving as they don't want to be perused and harassed by a pissed off guy.

By *p4funCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

Personally I don't think it really matters ..unless your shallow enough to think it will help you get meets you could be an astronaut!! with zero personality ?hope I've not offended any swinging space men out there

over a year ago

"I'm a publican now but if some on here find out I was a solider before they can turn funny , as lots don't like soldiers I find "

With a username of Major and a pic with you in fatigues, are you sure you are ex military?

over a year ago

Surprise surprise some people don't trust the police, hard to believe !

over a year ago

"I'm a publican now but if some on here find out I was a solider before they can turn funny , as lots don't like soldiers I find

With a username of Major and a pic with you in fatigues, are you sure you are ex military?"

By *lactontogMan
over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

A lot of our friends are police and like working in the sex industry we are equally shunned lol.

People are people no matter what their job because when your clothes come off we are all the same.

By *lactontogMan
over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

I don't think it should make a difference. You could be a brain surgeon and it doesn't make you a better person overall than the roadsweeper"

over a year ago

Were not all the same though. A vegan might not want to play with a slaughterman from an abbotoir. Some people have very high and far reaching ethics and morals.

I wouldnt want to play with a footballer.

over a year ago

How often are people asked about their occupation I know I haven't on a meet or would ask someone theirs for that matter. I can only assume there was something that prompted it.

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Perhaps she asked as an excuse to leave?

By *ittykate84Woman
over a year ago

CHESTER

The fact that she said she didnt trust the 'filth' is actually a bullet dodged!

I find anyone who calls police that and doesnt trust them is usually because they are up to no good..

Ive actually ended meets when people have said negative things about the police since i come from a police family!

Though your job shouldnt effect you meeting though i think if someone labelled benefit scrounger as a job i definitely wouldnt meet them

over a year ago

"The fact that she said she didnt trust the 'filth' is actually a bullet dodged!

I find anyone who calls police that and doesnt trust them is usually because they are up to no good..

Ive actually ended meets when people have said negative things about the police since i come from a police family!

Though your job shouldnt effect you meeting though i think if someone labelled benefit scrounger as a job i definitely wouldnt meet them "

I think lots of people mistrust or are at least suspicious of the police. It's niave to suggest they must be up to no good

Look at plebgate. Or ian tomlinson. Or jimmy Saville. Or RRotherham child abuse. Or Hillsborough. Or tge Birmingham 6. Or countless other examples both low and high profile tgat erode public confidence

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I don't think its polite for people to ask what others do on here, if they volunteer the information that's fair enough but it can make people uncomfortable as they may feel discretion is needed, profession is irrelevant to a casual meet in my opinion.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"we never ask other people their occupation or tell them ours. If they volunteer the information its up to them. If asked we give a broad idea and leave it at that."

This.

I can think of better things to talk about for starters!

A

over a year ago

Not interested in others occupation whatsoever.

If out for a drink or two and it comes up in small talk its not a question I'd ask someone.

In my line of work I come into contact with the Police regularly and have come across many gorgeous young women working in the force. Wouldn't hold it against them, it is a thankless job especially with so much mistrust around

By *lactontogMan
over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

"The fact that she said she didnt trust the 'filth' is actually a bullet dodged!

Though your job shouldnt effect you meeting though i think if someone labelled benefit scrounger as a job i definitely wouldnt meet them

I think lots of people mistrust or are at least suspicious of the police. It's niave to suggest they must be up to no good

Look at plebgate. Or ian tomlinson. Or jimmy Saville. Or RRotherham child abuse. Or Hillsborough. Or tge Birmingham 6. Or countless other examples both low and high profile tgat erode public confidence"

I think only people who have something to hide are worried of the police, i grew up in West Ham where people hated coppers because there was a lot of dodgy dealings there so police was a swear word.

I have police friends and friends on the oppisite side of the law but what i can't stand is a bent copper because they are worse than any criminal and no one trusts them.

over a year ago

If I routinely revealed either my occupation or profession, then the few meets I get would more than likely dry up.

over a year ago

Wouldn't be put off by a person's job at all. Someone calling police 'the filth' might make me think twice though!

over a year ago

"Maybe not a fishmonger. Or a sewage plant worker.

I agree...nice to know there are two worse jobs than a policeman !!!"

what about someone who worked in an abattoir !!

over a year ago

If they earn a crust, who cares they are lucky to work

Some people honest to god.

Her

over a year ago

"I don't think its polite for people to ask what others do on here, if they volunteer the information that's fair enough but it can make people uncomfortable as they may feel discretion is needed, profession is irrelevant to a casual meet in my opinion."

It annoys me when people ask personal questions. I just lie and say I work in an office.

over a year ago

Personally that would have turned me on! love a man in uniform!!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/11/14 18:14:19]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/11/14 18:14:22]

over a year ago

I guess it's just casual conversation exploring common ground.

Some people have interesting jobs which would be intriguing to discuss ?

Don't believe the OP has done anything wrong but think he's misguided in claiming it on a thread with face pics on his profile, given his occupation ?

Essentially who cares what people do as long as your decent and good company ?

By *MaleMan
over a year ago

If someone's job is watching jeremy kyle all aday every day that might put me off tbh.

As for police well some fems love them others wont entertain after bad or coincidental experiences.

over a year ago

If you are a bobby matey I wouldn't be publicising it on here, especially having your face on public view, there are undesirables that scour social media sites and sites such as this for people such as yourself so they can mix you a bottle, just be careful, you'd be disciplined for sure, if not sacked

over a year ago

As a fighter pilot and part time male model I've never had an issue disclosing my career........

over a year ago

As a fighter pilot and part time male model I've never had an issue disclosing my career........"

Mmm ok pal...what squadron? Me thinks you're a big fat fibbers lol

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

I used to work in the prison service. When people asked me what I did I said I was a civil servant. It's true and largely inoffensive.

Some occupations would put me off meeting yes.

over a year ago

I dated a wpc (is that pc to say wpc or is it pc to say pc?) for 2 years, she was great we lived together for a year and it was a total nightmare, every time the phone rang I'd think the worst, especially when she was on duty at a football match, or a BNP march or what ever, it was too much to deal with when she would come home with bruises after some scrote had lashed out, we ran our course and to be honest I was relived, but to say you don't trust the police, don't get up to stupid shit then.

over a year ago

"If you are a bobby matey I wouldn't be publicising it on here, especially having your face on public view, there are undesirables that scour social media sites and sites such as this for people such as yourself so they can mix you a bottle, just be careful, you'd be disciplined for sure, if not sacked "

My initial thoughts were along similar lines ...

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Is occupation relevant and should it put you off seeing someone from here? Was on a social last night and when she asked what i did she decided to leave. before u panic job is straightforward...work in police force but was told "i dont trust the filth".

"

Well, I agree it is a bullet dodged - to use that kind of derogatory term is incredibly rude at the very least.

As for not asking what someone does - well I guess it depends if someone is after a quick anonymous shag or something a bit more connected. I agree one should not pry, but I always ask what people do when I am chatting, it helps me form an idea of what kind of people they are, imagine how they spend their day. If someone wants privacy I can respect that, but it might make me a bit wary.

over a year ago

She did the right thing

over a year ago

Must stop saying I work for Sydney university

over a year ago

I don't think occupation is relevant really but the language she used ie 'the filth' would immediately have put me off. Such a very vulgar term

By *ahoney2121Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

I would of said mind your business lady....

Then arrested her for assault on police officer lol

By *illyjohnyCouple
over a year ago

brighton

If someone ask us our occupations we`ll happily tell them if it ends the meet then so be it . By the way I train rocking horses the worst part of the job is cleaning up their shit

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"Was on a social last night and when she asked what i did she decided to leave. before u panic job is straightforward...work in police force but was told "i dont trust the filth". "

Reminds me of Roger Cook, the investigative journalist who always used to go undercover then expose people on his show. He once went into a restaurant for a meal on his day off. One guy saw him, said 'hells bells!' and promptly did a runner.

over a year ago

I used to work as a foreplay technician!!

Post new Message to Thread