Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Yoga

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone on here do it?

I did my first Ashtanga class last night.It was real difficult in places and I can feel it today!

I've turned to it as been plagued by calf and hamstring injuries most of this year.

I'm hoping this is the answer.

Can anyone attest as to its benefits?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm keen to see the opinions too. I've such poor flexibility in the legs from years of cycling. My hamstrings are wound so tight its unreal.

over a year ago

My wife and I have done various forms of Yoga over the years. Finally settled on simple Hatha... just that stretching and energy work... it's 100% from us

I've gotta admit it's difficult keeping my mind empty when I'm usually the only male surrounded by a bunch of lovely women's bums in tight spandex lol One of these days I'm gonna have to organise a Yoga themed orgy... for anyone who can get into downward facing dog position that is

over a year ago

I do sport specific yoga because like Yourself I've struggled over the last couple of years with my hamstrings and various other niggles. Since I've been doing it ive not had any major problems, certainly feel more stable and controlled when I'm playing football and therefore never feel like I'm overdoing myself. I'll add that the yoga I do is mainly deep muscle and core based stuff, so I'm not expecting to be a flexible gymnast!

over a year ago

"My wife and I have done various forms of Yoga over the years. Finally settled on simple Hatha... just that stretching and energy work... it's 100% from us

I've gotta admit it's difficult keeping my mind empty when I'm usually the only male surrounded by a bunch of lovely women's bums in tight spandex lol One of these days I'm gonna have to organise a Yoga themed orgy... for anyone who can get into downward facing dog position that is "

Downward facing dog is a great position.

There were a few lovely,bendy and stretchy women in yoga pants,so yes it was difficult to concentrate on my breathing at times...

On a serious note though,I felt great afterwards and will be block booking next week for the next 6...

over a year ago

"I do sport specific yoga because like Yourself I've struggled over the last couple of years with my hamstrings and various other niggles. Since I've been doing it ive not had any major problems, certainly feel more stable and controlled when I'm playing football and therefore never feel like I'm overdoing myself. I'll add that the yoga I do is mainly deep muscle and core based stuff, so I'm not expecting to be a flexible gymnast!"

That's a happy side effect i'm hoping to get from it,improvement in my game from the improved balance and breathing techniques.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress in this thread...

over a year ago

I love yoga. Did pregnancy yoga then baby yoga and now can get back into mainstream yoga. At the moment I love restorative candle lit yoga. So nice. Downward facing dog is my fave position. Mr wants there to be a naked yoga, but just for women and only as an observer

over a year ago

That's what ive noticed the most, balance and stability is massively improved. And I feel like ive got an incredible six pack underneath a couple of inches of beer

over a year ago

Will have to give it a whirl. It's gotta be less painful than deep tissue sports massage I've been suffering

over a year ago

"Will have to give it a whirl. It's gotta be less painful than deep tissue sports massage I've been suffering "

I had one the other week.She had the points of her elbows in my muscle tissue-I had tears in my eyes! ??

over a year ago

I've seen a class near me and I'm gonna join it in the new year.

over a year ago

The guy that did my quads and calves took too much pleasure in digging his entire bodyweight into knots in my muscles with his knuckles. Never mind scream, I was climbing the walls.......I always thought I had a high pain threshold but hell no............Mrs N found it highly amusing to see my John Wayne walk when he'd finished.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I tried it at Uni, but even with listening to Adagio with strings, I found my mind wondering all the time.

over a year ago

"I tried it at Uni, but even with listening to Adagio with strings, I found my mind wondering all the time. "

I've wondered about this problem so may have to start off with doing it at home

over a year ago

"I tried it at Uni, but even with listening to Adagio with strings, I found my mind wondering all the time.

I've wondered about this problem so may have to start off with doing it at home "

For some reason we've never really managed to crack the whole 'ýoga at home' thing. It's a hell of a lot easier just to sign up to a course and have an instructor lead you through a session... especially if the instructor has lovely boobs DOH! There I go again

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I go to a class every couple of weeks, helps with core and general flexibility for the running I do.

Just a basic Hatha yoga class I love it. Well except for the 15 minutes at the end of each class where we do deep breathing and meditation. The same dude always goes too deep and ends up snoring like a stuck pig!

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"I tried it at Uni, but even with listening to Adagio with strings, I found my mind wondering all the time.

I've wondered about this problem so may have to start off with doing it at home "

To be honest, my mind wanders all the time, anyway. Even in the throes of passions, part of my tiny mind will be trying to work out if I got some chops out for tomorrow

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I practice daily and go to a weekly class x

Don't forget it's not a competition it's a mindset and way of life x

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I do taichi .. Very relaxing and empowering

over a year ago

I've dabbled on and off(mostly off) for about the last 2 years, if you want to give it a go but don't want to go to a class get my fitness instructor for the wii your kind if led through it, if not a popular video sharing site has loads of videos on there.

I still meditate twice a day I just got to get back on the yoga

over a year ago

I thought about using the net or DVDs but as I found out last night,without the teacher,I'd likely be dong things wrong.

He corrected a few of my positions and postures.

It may be that I go for a few months to get the basics then try it at home by myself.

By *W69Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

We do it at home to unwind. Works wonders and helps with focus, balance and stability.

over a year ago

Due to the remoteness of my area there's no yoga going on up here, but I do body balance which borrows bits from yoga, plates and tai chi, and is a good core workout. My flexibility has improved no end in the 2 years I've been doing it, I can now do a full back bend without creaking!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I've mainly done ashtanga and baths - spelling not guaranteed - and both are great but quite different.

Stick with it, choose what's right for you and don't push yourself under pressure. less is more as you will be able to achieve a lot from gradual easing into it.

Practice in between classes if you can too.

over a year ago

Nope.

over a year ago

"I've mainly done ashtanga and baths - spelling not guaranteed - and both are great but quite different.

Stick with it, choose what's right for you and don't push yourself under pressure. less is more as you will be able to achieve a lot from gradual easing into it.

Practice in between classes if you can too."

I went a week last Monday and I ached in my hamstrings til the Saturday!

The breathing bit was a bit strange,but Ibreally enjoyed it.I feel I'll get a real benefit so will be signing up from next Monday.It's £50 for 6 sessions.It's not cheap but I reckon the benefits will far outweigh the cost.

Post new Message to Thread