Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Influential Career

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ok bit of a job theme in here today with most popular profession and guess my job threads.

So how much influence has your job had on you as a person? Has it changed you ? Has it been the making of you or made you into misery incarnate?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My job isn't exactly typical 9 to 5 nor is it that easy to always switch off from. I love it though and while it doesn't define me it certainly influences me.

There are less than a 1000 people in this country that do what I do and I'm privileged to be one of them

over a year ago

"My job isn't exactly typical 9 to 5 nor is it that easy to always switch off from. I love it though and while it doesn't define me it certainly influences me.

There are less than a 1000 people in this country that do what I do and I'm privileged to be one of them"

That's pretty neat. So many people seem to complain about work. It's a major part of our lives for many. Good on you.

By *ambslass48Woman
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Ok bit of a job theme in here today with most popular profession and guess my job threads.

So how much influence has your job had on you as a person? Has it changed you ? Has it been the making of you or made you into misery incarnate? "

My old job working as an admin on a ward for older people with mental health problems given me a much better understanding of dementia and other mental health issues.

over a year ago

Was that sad? It's quite sobering to realise your own mortality

By *ambslass48Woman
over a year ago

Peterborough

" Was that sad? It's quite sobering to realise your own mortality "

No just a much better understanding of mental health issues and they ain't all loons as was my perception and frightened me when I was younger

over a year ago

I'm loving my current job because I'm learning so much from my boss, fantastic mentor and overall just an ease to work under.

The work I'm doing has direct impact on kids and families who need it too, so no complaints about the extra hours or pressures. We are who we are, or we're where we want to be, as a saying goes (only heard it the other day - infers that most people are happy just going along, as it were).

I hate to hear people moaning about their jobs on an ongoing basis, just change the situation (cue people saying it's not that easy, which I do appreciate)

over a year ago

Only been doing my job for a couple of years, it doesn't make me popular with the workforce but everyday I see something I haven't seen before.

over a year ago

25 years in the military you become institutionalised, you might not think you are but 3 years after getting out I still think in a military way, and I like to think I am one of the most chilled guys going so god help us.

What is the career week lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/11/14 19:09:15]

Post new Message to Thread