Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Scotland V England

Jump to newest

By *luezulu OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

Friendly tomorrow night (if there is such a thing)

Think are going to mash em 3 - 0

Come on England

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eforfuncplCouple
over a year ago

Morecambe

"Friendly tomorrow night (if there is such a thing)

Think are going to mash em 3 - 0

Come on England"

Not a chance

Scotland 2-0

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We should piss it ( England that is )

Saying that thou if Scotland play with half the passion as they did against Ireland we might be in trouble

The boys need to step it up and show that they are proud lions

There is very little spirit and passion in that changing room

over a year ago

I think we should give the sweaties a chance and onlyhave 7 players on the pitch all from the English Blind.

Might just even things up

over a year ago

"We should piss it ( England that is )

Saying that thou if Scotland play with half the passion as they did against Ireland we might be in trouble

There is very little spirit and passion in that changing room"

that's cos yer fans show no passion,lol the atmosphere at wembly the other day was dire,even your ex international players where slagging the England support off,oh n yer players are so over hyped.

2-1 or 3-2 Scotland,,,GET IN TAE EM,C'MON SCOTLAND!

over a year ago

"I think we should give the sweaties a chance and onlyhave 7 players on the pitch all from the English Blind.

Might just even things up "

isn't that what your mob said before bannockburn

By *luezulu OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

"I think we should give the sweaties a chance and onlyhave 7 players on the pitch all from the English Blind.

isn't that what your mob said before bannockburn "

No it was before Culloden, after we chased you all the way back from Derby

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

"We should piss it ( England that is )

There is very little spirit and passion in that changing room"

why should we piss it ??????

We (england) are shit, yet we expect to win games all the time, we have appoint manager after manager that is scared to make the big decisions, and we limp through qualifiers then are expected to be passionate when watching the same old dire performances at finals, show us a team that wants to play for the 3 lions and we will get passionately behind them, not a team with players that says they are to tired.

over a year ago

No it was before Culloden, after we chased you all the way back from Derby"

ah the "45" rebellion,,no that wasn't Scotland v England,thats was a religious war a civil war,involving Scots Irish and English on BOTH sides

more scots fought on the "Hanoverian " side than for the jacobites.

please get yer history correct

over a year ago

is this footy or rugby match?

over a year ago

"is this footy or rugby match?"

Tiddly winks

over a year ago

its tiddley winks you fool

By *luezulu OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

ah the "45" rebellion,,no that wasn't Scotland v England,thats was a religious war a civil war,involving Scots Irish and English on BOTH sides

please get yer history correct "

Is that the excuse for the defeat your manager gave on Match of the day after

over a year ago

Is that the excuse for the defeat your manager gave on Match of the day after "

no just pointing out your wrong

wrong wrong,wrong bout everything,,la,la,la,la,la,,,your wwwwrrrooooong!

3-2 the mighty scots,infact I think it will herald a new dawn in world football a swash buckling 2 3 5 formation will be unleashed on the international scene by Scotland.

3 main strikers (not sure we,ve got

one tbh) 2 silky wingers,2 attacking midfielders one central midfielder snuffing out any poncey english attack and 2 attacking marauding defenders oh and fuck it NO GOALIE.

Scotland will now go on to be a force to be reckoned with after this game and go on to NEVER lose a game EVER,EVER,EVER AGAIN, wining the world cup so often you all get bored of it,,SO THERE,,YA FUC,,,,...............

over a year ago

3-2 the mighty scots,infact I think it will herald a new dawn in world football a swash buckling 2 3 5 formation will be unleashed on the international scene by Scotland.

one tbh) 2 silky wingers,2 attacking midfielders one central midfielder snuffing out any poncey english attack and 2 attacking marauding defenders oh and fuck it NO GOALIE.

Scotland will now go on to be a force to be reckoned with after this game and go on to NEVER lose a game EVER,EVER,EVER AGAIN, wining the world cup so often you all get bored of it,,SO THERE,,YA FUC,,,,............... "

I'll have a pint of what your on.

over a year ago

Scotland will now go on to be a force to be reckoned with after this game and go on to NEVER lose a game EVER,EVER,EVER AGAIN, wining the world cup so often you all get bored of it,,SO THERE,,YA FUC,,,,...............

I'll have a pint of what your on. "

PAH! ya couldnae handle it yer fae england

By *luezulu OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

Scotland will now go on to be a force to be reckoned with after this game and go on to NEVER lose a game EVER,EVER,EVER AGAIN, wining the world cup so often you all get bored of it,,SO THERE,,YA FUC,,,,............... "

Chuffin hell them wingers will be cold if their only wearing silk, it fucking cold up there this time of year

over a year ago

Scotland will now go on to be a force to be reckoned with after this game and go on to NEVER lose a game EVER,EVER,EVER AGAIN, wining the world cup so often you all get bored of it,,SO THERE,,YA FUC,,,,............... Chuffin hell them wingers will be cold if their only wearing silk, it fucking cold up there this time of year"

tis cold ,,my nipples look like little mouse noses peeking through my top

By *luezulu OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

Scotland will now go on to be a force to be reckoned with after this game and go on to NEVER lose a game EVER,EVER,EVER AGAIN, wining the world cup so often you all get bored of it,,SO THERE,,YA FUC,,,,............... Chuffin hell them wingers will be cold if their only wearing silk, it fucking cold up there this time of year

tis cold ,,my nipples look like little mouse noses peeking through my top "

You told me you had big nipples that stuck out like door stops

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Might just even things up "

Its already even, England are shit aswell

By *luezulu OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

Its already even, England are shit aswell"

says the man, who lives in a country that haven't qualified for a tournament since 1958, and wont this time either, or for the foreseeable future

over a year ago

says the man, who lives in a country that haven't qualified for a tournament since 1958, and wont this time either, or for the foreseeable future "

no he's right all the home nations are shit,,,,until tomorrow n the new dawn

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

says the man, who lives in a country that haven't qualified for a tournament since 1958, and wont this time either, or for the foreseeable future "

Its our number 2 sport.

Population of only 3 million

Our league is poor.

Anyway, thats our excuses out the way.

We havent got enough time for yours, kick off is about 30 hours away.

Honest answer please:

Who is the biggest let downs in world sport?

You know my answer

By *luezulu OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

says the man, who lives in a country that haven't qualified for a tournament since 1958, and wont this time either, or for the foreseeable future

Its our number 2 sport.

Our league is poor.

Honest answer please:

You know my answer"

Honest answer

My national team, that is made up of prima donna overpaid footballers, who have no national pride, you only have to look at when the National anthem is played to see that.

Why should you need paying to play for your Country, it should be an honour, and them wankers get £64k just for being in the squad.

Bring back Hanging, that's what I say

By *luezulu OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

Its our number 2 sport.

Our league is poor.

Honest answer please:

You know my answer

Honest answer

My national team, that is made up of prima donna overpaid footballers, who have no national pride, you only have to look at when the National anthem is played to see that.

Why should you need paying to play for your Country, it should be an honour, and them wankers get £64k just for being in the squad.

Bring back Hanging, that's what I say "

Oh nearly forgot, you'll never win the world cup at your first sport either.

over a year ago

What happened to that whipper snapper who was having a go at me before the World Cup, saying I was not patriotic because I said England were shite!?!?

I think the fact we have a knuckle dragging chimp like Rooney as captain says it all about the current England team.

The FA are a bunch of short sighted twats.

Woy Hodgson is useless, negative and a footballing dinosaur.

Sadly, I doubt that in my lifetime I will eve see England lift a trophy.

Will we beat the Scots? Probably, but we have a bigger pool of players to pull from. I only wish our players had the same pride as them when they pulled on the national jersey.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Its our number 2 sport.

Our league is poor.

Honest answer please:

You know my answer

Honest answer

Bring back Hanging, that's what I say "

Just so you know my angle:

I grew up through my teen years in england, supporting them at the major tourneys, Gazza crying, Maradona's hand, and then later, Beckam lashing out.

I will always support England unless playing another home nation, I like the underdog (I said this on the other eng v scotland thread).

I thought under Bobby Robson 'It wont be long until 'we' win a tournament'.

I dont think england have been further away If Im honest.

Since the start of the premier league and sky/yours/punters money it has wrecked the national game.

We see some amazing players but how many play for England?

Forgein players have killed any chance, young English (plus other home nations) struggle to get a game instead of a lad from over seas.

I remember the game where there was a maximum of 2 non nationals playing but european law ruined that.

So back to my point above which you bit at.

England are shit. They should be one of the top 4 nations, they should have more than one trophy in the cabinet. There should at least be one runners up medal.

For Wales to qualify I would say is a bigger achievement than England winning it. I dont think we have ever been a top 2 seed in a group. England are almost group favourites everytime a group is drawn.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Its our number 2 sport.

Our league is poor.

Honest answer please:

You know my answer

Honest answer

Bring back Hanging, that's what I say

Oh nearly forgot, you'll never win the world cup at your first sport either."

If/when we do, it wont be by kicking a ball your supposed to run with.

Again with just 3million to pick from and a small budget it will be a great achievement.

Would of come close if the ref didnt stitch us up (sam warburton spear tackle, semi final)

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"What happened to that whipper snapper who was having a go at me before the World Cup, saying I was not patriotic because I said England were shite!?!?

I think the fact we have a knuckle dragging chimp like Rooney as captain says it all about the current England team.

The FA are a bunch of short sighted twats.

Woy Hodgson is useless, negative and a footballing dinosaur.

Sadly, I doubt that in my lifetime I will eve see England lift a trophy.

Will we beat the Scots? Probably, but we have a bigger pool of players to pull from. I only wish our players had the same pride as them when they pulled on the national jersey."

The pundits on the radio saturday night were unhappy due to Roys team, for eg, taking the lead and bringing on Milner in def mid.

I hope tomorrow we see an exciting England team showing us what the future looks like.

I hope Scotland show us how they are still on the up as an international team.

Harry Redknapp should of been given a go at this

over a year ago

If we play like we did the other night we could draw or possibly lose, Scotland played with passion and grit in their last match whilst we were poor as usual

over a year ago

Google "unofficial football world champions" - Scotland rank higher than England !!!

England will qualify for euro 2016 with ease than play some one half decent and bow out

Scotland always have a sense of perspective and are now starting to have some decent players

Think tomorrow will be tight but hope some Scottish thugs kick seven colours out of over rated man utd , Liverpool and arsenal players

Rant over

over a year ago

I hate to say it, as a dyed in the wool Englishman, but I can't see us winning. Ultimately these sort of games mean more to the Scots than the English and we have a weak team currently so I think national fervour will win the day

over a year ago

I just hope there's no fan trouble

By *issyyourbadWoman
over a year ago

Dorset

Scotland will win 3-0

over a year ago

I can't really see how there's gonna be any winners here.

You can pretty much guarantee crowd disorder, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a bad injury or two in the heat of the occasion, both teams (certainly the English with the Premier League Managers watching on) will play weakened teams or have a huge rotation in the second half, what exactly will this game tell us? Not sure of the point really.

By *its_n_piecesCouple
over a year ago

england might win summut significant someday when they realise that there are in fact three leopards on their shirt and not three lions

over a year ago

I reckon it's going to be 1:1

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

More chance of red cards than goals

By *dsindyTV/TS
over a year ago

East Lancashire

Meaningless game...not because it's Scotland v England......but because friendlies mean nothing.

By *its_n_piecesCouple
over a year ago

"Meaningless game...not because it's Scotland v England......but because friendlies mean nothing."

friendlies worked for south korea ... they did away with their league in 2000 and just played international friendlies for the 2 years leading up to the world cup ..... they beat poland portugal italy and spain and made it to the semi-finals where they lost to germany

over a year ago

I don't see it being an ill tempered match actually. Scotland have nothing to fear and I don't expect to get beat. A draw or a close win - 1-0 Scotland.

over a year ago

The scots will make a lot of noise, run about scream get pissed and pass out after a heavy defeat. The crowd will do the same too.

By *at n michaelCouple
over a year ago

AYRSHIRE

WIN.... LOOSE....OR DRAW ....(SCOTLAND) WE GOT THE BEST SUPPORTERS XXX Cat we know how to party lol

By *dsindyTV/TS
over a year ago

East Lancashire

"Meaningless game...not because it's Scotland v England......but because friendlies mean nothing.

friendlies worked for south korea ... they did away with their league in 2000 and just played international friendlies for the 2 years leading up to the world cup ..... they beat poland portugal italy and spain and made it to the semi-finals where they lost to germany"

Hmmmmm, and the world's top leagues are awash with south Korean talent????? Also, there is a lot to be said about some very dodgy referee decisions in that world cup, plus the national team did not repeat their success.

No, I will stick to my post......friendlies are meaningless.

By *its_n_piecesCouple
over a year ago

"the national team did not repeat their success. "

nor has england

By *dsindyTV/TS
over a year ago

East Lancashire

"the national team did not repeat their success.

nor has england "

Touche

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

Im an englishman and I expect scotland to win this game.

over a year ago

"Meaningless game...not because it's Scotland v England......but because friendlies mean nothing.

friendlies worked for south korea ... they did away with their league in 2000 and just played international friendlies for the 2 years leading up to the world cup ..... they beat poland portugal italy and spain and made it to the semi-finals where they lost to germany

Hmmmmm, and the world's top leagues are awash with south Korean talent????? Also, there is a lot to be said about some very dodgy referee decisions in that world cup, plus the national team did not repeat their success.

No, I will stick to my post......friendlies are meaningless."

Scotland v England is never meaningless,its the oldest international fixture and if the last meeting is anything to go on it,ll be a hard fought cracker of a game.

Ask the players from both sides and the fans if they think its meaningless,,i doubt they;d agree with you.

I for one cant wait,may the best team win n hopefully theres no trouble

over a year ago

If the match is as good as the Scotland Vs ROI game on Friday it should be a cracker and I'm looking forward to watching it.

I hope it's a good fair game and no trouble is caused by any of the so called supporters who just go to these games to cause trouble.

One other thing should the match be going ahead after that young man lost his life on Friday night falling down the stairs at Celtic Park after the match.

My thoughts are with his family at this very difficult time.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

I think it will be a draw, always an interesting debate about England vs Scotland, but in football right now the story has to be about FIFA and the joke of their conclusion into corruption allegations about the Quatar world cup bid.

No criticism at all of FIFA in the report, just criticism of England and the FA for our own world cup bid, how much longer can FIFA carry on like this???

If we qualify for the world cup in russia and then again in Quatar should we boycott the world cup?

There was talk on the news of a europe wide boycott of all european nations in opposition to the corruption within FIFA. Maybe a topic to start a new thread on though?

over a year ago

"I think it will be a draw, always an interesting debate about England vs Scotland, but in football right now the story has to be about FIFA and the joke of their conclusion into corruption allegations about the Quatar world cup bid.

No criticism at all of FIFA in the report, just criticism of England and the FA for our own world cup bid, how much longer can FIFA carry on like this???

If we qualify for the world cup in russia and then again in Quatar should we boycott the world cup?

There was talk on the news of a europe wide boycott of all european nations in opposition to the corruption within FIFA. Maybe a topic to start a new thread on though?"

I did earlier today

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"I think it will be a draw, always an interesting debate about England vs Scotland, but in football right now the story has to be about FIFA and the joke of their conclusion into corruption allegations about the Quatar world cup bid.

There was talk on the news of a europe wide boycott of all european nations in opposition to the corruption within FIFA. Maybe a topic to start a new thread on though?

I did earlier today"

Will look that up Mikki, not seen it.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

One of the more 'potentially' exciting meaningless friendlies you can get.

Good money generator for the business's around the stadium too.

I'd rather see this friendly than England v anyone else really.

over a year ago

Just about to leave to go up there. Hoping Miki is waiting for me at Central station with a welcome to Glasgow banner.

Ignore any other posts I make for the next two days as I shall be banjaxed.

over a year ago

Man alive....3 - 0 should give you a clear definition

over a year ago

"Just about to leave to go up there. Hoping Miki is waiting for me at Central station with a welcome to Glasgow banner.

Ignore any other posts I make for the next two days as I shall be banjaxed. "

lol,have fun,hope you lose

By *luezulu OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

"Just about to leave to go up there. Hoping Miki is waiting for me at Central station with a welcome to Glasgow banner.

lol,have fun,hope you lose "

You scotch mare mikki

over a year ago

You scotch mare mikki "

you English ponce

over a year ago

lol,have fun,hope you lose "

It's not the winning or losing its the taking part that counts.

over a year ago

It's not the winning or losing its the taking part that counts. "

aye,,,,no,,,i hope we gub yas big time

over a year ago

It's not the winning or losing its the taking part that counts. "

Pfffftttt you sound like a primary school teacher only winning counts and tonight it'll be England without a doubt!!!

over a year ago

Pfffftttt you sound like a primary school teacher only winning counts and tonight it'll be England without a doubt!!! "

oh no it wont it'll be Scotland,na,na,na,na,na!

By *luezulu OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

aye,,,,no,,,i hope we gub yas big time "

Speak English dear, guttural language is not big and its not clever

over a year ago

Speak English dear, guttural language is not big and its not clever "

oh I forgot one was an English ponce

I mean yes,,,oh no didly no Im wishing us scots are victorious over your teamsy weamsy and inflict a heavy defeat on your chappies

By *luezulu OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

Speak English dear, guttural language is not big and its not clever

oh I forgot one was an English ponce

I mean yes,,,oh no didly no Im wishing us scots are victorious over your teamsy weamsy and inflict a heavy defeat on your chappies "

Ha ha, its your age, local cuisine that does that. you carry on with your deep fried pizza and mars bars

Ya scotch mare

And if you call me a ponce once more, I'm telling the police

over a year ago

Pfffftttt you sound like a primary school teacher only winning counts and tonight it'll be England without a doubt!!! "

Do you really think I'm travelling six hours and I don't care about the result

By *dsindyTV/TS
over a year ago

East Lancashire

Scotland v England is never meaningless,its the oldest international fixture and if the last meeting is anything to go on it,ll be a hard fought cracker of a game.

Ask the players from both sides and the fans if they think its meaningless,,i doubt they;d agree with you.

I for one cant wait,may the best team win n hopefully theres no trouble "

Having watched that, I have learned a few things.....

Raheem Sterling is not good, Stuart Downing should never have been given a first chance at international football let alone a second, Luke Shaw does not look that good, and that's about it.

By *alldarkhandsomedaveMan
over a year ago

Derby

Well yet again the Scots have been all mouth and no action....!!

over a year ago

Well I make that 6-3 on aggregate over the last 16 months or so

over a year ago

"Well yet again the Scots have been all mouth and no action....!! "

By *luezulu OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

Raheem Sterling is not good, Stuart Downing should never have been given a first chance at international football let alone a second, Luke Shaw does not look that good, and that's about it."

Ya wrong about Luke Shaw, right about the other two

By *dsindyTV/TS
over a year ago

East Lancashire

Raheem Sterling is not good, Stuart Downing should never have been given a first chance at international football let alone a second, Luke Shaw does not look that good, and that's about it.

Ya wrong about Luke Shaw, right about the other two"

Perceptions....it's all about what we see. I saw nothing in Shaw to make me think he could take over from Baines or indeed Gibbs. But then, I am not a football manager.

By *luezulu OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

Perceptions....it's all about what we see. I saw nothing in Shaw to make me think he could take over from Baines or indeed Gibbs. But then, I am not a football manager."

I'm all for debate, Luke Shaw will take that position for the next 10 years.

By *dsindyTV/TS
over a year ago

East Lancashire

"

I'm all for debate, Luke Shaw will take that position for the next 10 years."

Am not saying he is a bad player, I just think he would be regularly found out against a better class of opposition. He seems to be extremely one footed, and his close control is lacking. Young though, so has time to learn.

over a year ago

young boy Clyne had 2 great games

over a year ago

Perceptions....it's all about what we see. I saw nothing in Shaw to make me think he could take over from Baines or indeed Gibbs. But then, I am not a football manager."

Better than Gibbs but well behind Baines you will get the manure fans bigging him up though he will have to improve a huge amount to take the England slot.

over a year ago

sssssssshhhhhhh. Wheres the jocks today.

NiL Nil and you fucked it up

are you scotland in disguise are you sc......

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Why were they singing about IRA stuff, anyone know?

over a year ago

"Why were they singing about IRA stuff, anyone know?

"

Celtics irish connection. Always been a popular song on away games for England supporters

over a year ago

good to see Stevie May actually get a run out for a change !!

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Celtics irish connection. Always been a popular song on away games for England supporters"

Ok thanks, I won't ask 'Why' again though but it seems stupid to go to football and sing about stuff like that.

I remember Swansea used to do union jack stuff and sing 'No surrender' and I thought they were stupid aswell.

World war bombers is bad enough too, not sure if thats still popular though.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"good to see Stevie May actually get a run out for a change !! "

Never seen or heard of him before.

My first impression was 'Eco Warrior' I bet he travelled to the game by horse to watch his carbon footprint

over a year ago

"

Celtic is largely Catholic supported club with lots of Irish supporters (obviously the game last night was played at Celtic Park). Over the years a number of Republican banners have been unfurled there (just Google for examples)

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Celtic is largely Catholic supported club with lots of Irish supporters (obviously the game last night was played at Celtic Park). Over the years a number of Republican banners have been unfurled there (just Google for examples) "

Football fans singing about political stuff haha mongs

All I heard was England singing 'Cheer up Gordon Strachan etc etc' non stop for 15 mins

and Scotland singing 'Flower of scotland'.

England won on the pitch and sorry to say it, they won on penalties, after a shit extra time in regards to the atmosphere too.

Even FOS got drowned out by the band during the anthems.

over a year ago

"young boy Clyne had 2 great games"
Clyne never gave Anya a kick of the ball,the biggest prospect in English football and that's from a Scotsman.

over a year ago

"good to see Stevie May actually get a run out for a change !!

Never seen or heard of him before.

My first impression was 'Eco Warrior' I bet he travelled to the game by horse to watch his carbon footprint"

lol he,s far from that !! signed recently for Sheffield Wednesday from St Johnstone for about 1 mil, he has been top scorer at every level he has played at since his schooldays, the boy is a prospect, last time I saw him he had a big engined Merc, don't think hes bothered about carbon footprints !!

over a year ago

You scotch mare mikki "

Hey blue,scotch is a drink,Scots or Scottish.

By *luezulu OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

You scotch mare mikki Hey blue,scotch is a drink,Scots or Scottish.

"

I know, but Mikki is me mate and a Scots rebel

She calls me an English ponce I call her a scotch mare, it's our way of saying hello

over a year ago

England deserved the win last night,no doubt.We never got going and their immense pressing was the platform for everything else,forcing us into mistakes.

Clyne looks good but once he realised Anya wanted to try and beat him instead of getting the ball in first time he knew all he needed to do was to let him turn back and put his foot on to win it.

Robertson looks good for us,took his goal well but his positioning is suspect.He'a only young tho.

Our centre halves aren't good enough.

Also England's pressing game worked well against us.Against better sides I reckon they will tire and get picked off by better players...

over a year ago

Robertson and Anya are quality, they will destroy weaker sides, but they never got a rhythym going at all last night, England were better than us but are no world beaters

over a year ago

Sore head.

Post new Message to Thread