By *W69Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

By all accounts they came together and put it all together really quickly -

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Like I said on my profile the other day, some of the people on the original are more famous for being on that than anything else they ever did.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Was distinctly unmoved by it, unlike the 11 year old me who heard the first one.

Perhaps that's the point though, this one is for today's yoof to donate to.

By *carineMan
over a year ago

Armthorpe, Doncaster

I tried to download it, but my anti-virus wouldn`t let me.

By *ambslass48Woman
over a year ago

Peterborough

"I tried to download it, but my anti-virus wouldn`t let me."

Won't be getting it charity starts at home

over a year ago

its very poor but it will still sell by the truck load

over a year ago

I refuse to listen to it.....anything with Harry Styles in it needs to be banned for public safety

over a year ago

"I tried to download it, but my anti-virus wouldn`t let me.

Won't be getting it charity starts at home"

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"I tried to download it, but my anti-virus wouldn`t let me."

very droll......

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

good luck to them

over a year ago

Its awfull. They took the original kicked the life out of it and watered it down then replaced real stars with the rubbish that passes for todays stars and ended up with something that sounds like your d*unk uncle at a family wedding mumbling on the karaoke and getting the words wrong.

over a year ago

I find the whole concept distasteful. If you want to help your fellow man, donate directly to charities. Better still, do a bit of volunteering. Or even help a few people here in the UK.

over a year ago

"Its awfull. They took the original kicked the life out of it and watered it down then replaced real stars with the rubbish that passes for todays stars and ended up with something that sounds like your d*unk uncle at a family wedding mumbling on the karaoke and getting the words wrong. "

over a year ago

"Its awfull. They took the original kicked the life out of it and watered it down then replaced real stars with the rubbish that passes for todays stars and ended up with something that sounds like your d*unk uncle at a family wedding mumbling on the karaoke and getting the words wrong. "
I Only briefly saw but there was one

female contestant who made It In to

The music Industry from one of the

Talent shows I think estelle I can,t Just remember now but she had bob

Geldoff phone her up a 100 times and

She still did,nt answer the phone It

Was to give her a role of performing

In the new band aid song at the end

Of the day Its all for a good cause

I,d take my banjo out and sing If

It was for a good cause..

over a year ago

See that Saint Geldof threw a tantrum when tax-dodging was mentioned to him

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Its awfull. They took the original kicked the life out of it and watered it down then replaced real stars with the rubbish that passes for todays stars and ended up with something that sounds like your d*unk uncle at a family wedding mumbling on the karaoke and getting the words wrong. I Only briefly saw but there was one

It was for a good cause.. "

It was Adele and he didn't phone her a hundred times, he asked her representative and was told that she was unable to do it. It isn't obligatory and you have no idea why she refused or how much she may have donated to the cause privately.

over a year ago

"Its awfull. They took the original kicked the life out of it and watered it down then replaced real stars with the rubbish that passes for todays stars and ended up with something that sounds like your d*unk uncle at a family wedding mumbling on the karaoke and getting the words wrong. I Only briefly saw but there was one

It was Adele and he didn't phone her a hundred times, he asked her representative and was told that she was unable to do it. It isn't obligatory and you have no idea why she refused or how much she may have donated to the cause privately. "

I'm not sure who Adele is but the way she is being vilified is wrong. As is the fact that she has been outed in this way.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It was Adele and he didn't phone her a hundred times, he asked her representative and was told that she was unable to do it. It isn't obligatory and you have no idea why she refused or how much she may have donated to the cause privately.

I'm not sure who Adele is but the way she is being vilified is wrong. As is the fact that she has been outed in this way.

"

I hate this charity one upmanship.

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman
over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

"

Totally agree I'm sure there were other artist that couldn't be part of it cause of other commitments. Not fair her name has been brought up as an example. She doesn't have to do it if she doesnt want to.

Personally I can't stick the song every Christmas it's flogged to death just like Bob Geldoff should be! After 20 years of releasing and charity giving has anything actually changed over there!?!

over a year ago

It's ok if the money makes it to where it is supposed to be going.

I met a guy last week in Lome, Togo he was wearing a t shirt that he had bought at a local market, it was obviou it had been donated.

Some dodgy shit (((

By *pice of life 79Man
over a year ago

lincoln, sleaford , grantham , nottingham

Not heard this yet must have a look

Now

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Totally agree I'm sure there were other artist that couldn't be part of it cause of other commitments. Not fair her name has been brought up as an example. She doesn't have to do it if she doesnt want to.

Personally I can't stick the song every Christmas it's flogged to death just like Bob Geldoff should be! After 20 years of releasing and charity giving has anything actually changed over there!?! "

over where? This is to help with the treatment of Ebola

over a year ago

I get tested for Ebola all the time but fly back through heathrow and not a dam thing. Get a grip UK get a grip

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

You know what, when bob geldof did the original band aid he was just a member of a punk band. He saw the news and got off his are and did something about it. Plenty of countries could of donated but him and midge ure worked tirelessly.

I saw the live aid 5 or whatever it was where the young girl on the original news clip with the backing track everyone hurts came into the stage an absolute beautiful young woman dressed all in white at university and I thought yes it was all worth while.

So many people complain or say they want to make a difference but how many actually get off their arses and do it. That's why he's sir bob geldof.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"You know what, when bob geldof did the original band aid he was just a member of a punk band. He saw the news and got off his are and did something about it. Plenty of countries could of donated but him and midge ure worked tirelessly.

I saw the live aid 5 or whatever it was where the young girl on the original news clip with the backing track everyone hurts came into the stage an absolute beautiful young woman dressed all in white at university and I thought yes it was all worth while.

So many people complain or say they want to make a difference but how many actually get off their arses and do it. That's why he's sir bob geldof."

yes I agree, but I also think that people who don't join in shouldn't be vilified.

over a year ago

"You know what, when bob geldof did the original band aid he was just a member of a punk band. He saw the news and got off his are and did something about it. Plenty of countries could of donated but him and midge ure worked tirelessly.

So many people complain or say they want to make a difference but how many actually get off their arses and do it. That's why he's sir bob geldof."

over a year ago

Totally agree young lady, one man can only do so much. I am in Africa all the time in my spare time I pop to the school to give them whatever I can, it can be very humbling. Little steps

over a year ago

"I refuse to listen to it.....anything with Harry Styles in it needs to be banned for public safety "

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

So many people complain or say they want to make a difference but how many actually get off their arses and do it. That's why he's sir bob geldof.

yes I agree, but I also think that people who don't join in shouldn't be vilified."

I agree and people also don't have to buy the record either noone is forcing them too

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

yes I agree, but I also think that people who don't join in shouldn't be vilified.I agree and people also don't have to buy the record either noone is forcing them too"

True!

By *carineMan
over a year ago

Armthorpe, Doncaster

If Sir Bob ever gets a haircut, i`m doing a charity song for the homeless field mice...

By *eembabyWoman
over a year ago

Brum

Absolutely awful

over a year ago

Nothing has really changed in Africa. Children still dying of disease and starvation. Still, Geldof got a Knighthood...

over a year ago

yes I agree, but I also think that people who don't join in shouldn't be vilified.I agree and people also don't have to buy the record either noone is forcing them too

True!

"

over a year ago

"Nothing has really changed in Africa. Children still dying of disease and starvation. Still, Geldof got a Knighthood..."

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Nothing has really changed in Africa. Children still dying of disease and starvation. Still, Geldof got a Knighthood..."

So we should do nothing about Ebola?

over a year ago

It was Adele and he didn't phone her a hundred times, he asked her representative and was told that she was unable to do it. It isn't obligatory and you have no idea why she refused or how much she may have donated to the cause privately. "

over a year ago

"Nothing has really changed in Africa. Children still dying of disease and starvation. Still, Geldof got a Knighthood...

So we should do nothing about Ebola?"

No not realy it doesn't affect us.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Nothing has really changed in Africa. Children still dying of disease and starvation. Still, Geldof got a Knighthood...

No not realy it doesn't affect us."

So best to wait until it does?

over a year ago

this is exactly how I feel. It's bad, really really bad

over a year ago

"

I guess so.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I guess so."

Personally I'd rather help deal with it to stop it reaching us.

over a year ago

I guess so.

Personally I'd rather help deal with it to stop it reaching us."

Maybe it wont reach us if we stop them from coming here. The world is over populated and we all got to die somewhen, from one thing or another.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I guess so.

Maybe it wont reach us if we stop them from coming here. The world is over populated and we all got to die somewhen, from one thing or another. "

Even stop the aid workers and the services personnel we sent to help from returning home?

over a year ago

I guess so.

Maybe it wont reach us if we stop them from coming here. The world is over populated and we all got to die somewhen, from one thing or another.

Even stop the aid workers and the services personnel we sent to help from returning home?"

No, maybe they shouldn't of gone there anyway.

over a year ago

I guess so.

Even stop the aid workers and the services personnel we sent to help from returning home?

No, maybe they shouldn't of gone there anyway."

I really hope you are posting for a reaction. If not it saddens me that someone could be so selfish that not only do they show no empathy and compassion for their fellow man but they even express contempt for aid workers

over a year ago

I guess so.

I really hope you are posting for a reaction. If not it saddens me that someone could be so selfish that not only do they show no empathy and compassion for their fellow man but they even express contempt for aid workers"

Yes I do have empathy for lots of people who are suffering in this world actualy, maybe some more than others that's all.

over a year ago

I guess so.

I really hope you are posting for a reaction. If not it saddens me that someone could be so selfish that not only do they show no empathy and compassion for their fellow man but they even express contempt for aid workers

Yes I do have empathy for lots of people who are suffering in this world actualy, maybe some more than others that's all."

So why no sympathy for people potentially effecred by Ebola?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I guess so.

No, maybe they shouldn't of gone there anyway."

lots of people think the way you do until something bad happens to them.

I wouldn't go to help I'm much too frightened and I don't have any skills that would be of any use but I do support us helping the countries affected.

over a year ago

So we should do nothing about Ebola?"

That is a very trite response!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

That is a very trite response! "

You say that nothing has changed and I ask does that mean we should do nothing? Just because something is clichéd or lacks originality doesn't mean its less valid as a question, does it?

over a year ago

I guess so.

Yes I do have empathy for lots of people who are suffering in this world actualy, maybe some more than others that's all.

So why no sympathy for people potentially effecred by Ebola?"

There is a lot of people suffering in this world, some people are suffering so much they probably would rather be dead, I read a lot so I do know whats going on in the world, not just about ebola. An article about female genital mutilation, for instance, in Kenya.

You assume I lack empathy, you assume wrong.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I guess so.

There is a lot of people suffering in this world, some people are suffering so much they probably would rather be dead, I read a lot so I do know whats going on in the world, not just about ebola. An article about female genital mutilation, for instance, in Kenya.

You assume I lack empathy, you assume wrong."

no they assumed you lack sympathy for Ebola sufferers and that's a pretty fair assumption in my opinion given your comments on this thread.

None if us can empathise with every suffering person we simply aren't capable of it unless we're saintly.

But Hilda you are entitled to your opinions.

over a year ago

I guess so.

no they assumed you lack sympathy for Ebola sufferers and that's a pretty fair assumption in my opinion given your comments on this thread.

None if us can empathise with every suffering person we simply aren't capable of it unless we're saintly.

"

Like I said there is always going to illneses and disease in this world, are people more worried about ebola because they think they might get it? People are dying in this country too, homeless people die from the cold only you don't hear about them so much, maybe because some people think its their own fault.

What about the jews who are being killed by the Palestinians, raping young girls, stonings and beheadings?

By *y2funMan
over a year ago

DUDLEY

" this one is for today's yoof to donate to. "

if it raises a few quid and makes a difference to others lives it has to be right. as a tune don't think they'll top the original version but i am old.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I guess so.

Like I said there is always going to illneses and disease in this world, are people more worried about ebola because they think they might get it? People are dying in this country too, homeless people die from the cold only you don't hear about them so much, maybe because some people think its their own fault.

What about the jews who are being killed by the Palestinians, raping young girls, stonings and beheadings?"

hmm. I'm not getting into this one. You have gone off on one of your Hilda type parallels. We started discussing the Band Aid single because it's about Ebola, it doesn't mean that we have less sympathy for any of the other bad things that are happening.

over a year ago

" this one is for today's yoof to donate to.

if it raises a few quid and makes a difference to others lives it has to be right. as a tune don't think they'll top the original version but i am old."

I'm old too and I agree. Shame there's so much negativity about something that raises money.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Its no longer innovative, but fair play to Sir Bob and Midge.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

The badgers have the right idea when it comes to dealing with ebola.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"The badgers have the right idea when it comes to dealing with ebola."

The badgers? Are you suggesting a cull?

over a year ago

That is a very trite response! "

over a year ago

"If Sir Bob ever gets a haircut, i`m doing a charity song for the homeless field mice..."

over a year ago

Geldof on the box again ,famous again,in the spotlight again .Respect to ordinary people only who fund raise with true feelings .

over a year ago

"Geldof on the box again ,famous again,in the spotlight again .Respect to ordinary people only who fund raise with true feelings ."

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Geldof on the box again ,famous again,in the spotlight again .Respect to ordinary people only who fund raise with true feelings ."
Oh yes his daughter died earlier this year, he must have gotten a lot of publicity from that eh????

over a year ago

No not realy it doesn't affect us."

its only a plane flight away.. wouldnt imagine it to take long to spread once on our little island

id rather nip it in the bud sooner rather than later

over a year ago

I will buy it as its for a very good cause imo.

I don't like it as much as the original which i absolutely love and play often, it has special memories for me as i was pregnant with my first child when it was released and i have such vivid memories of those starving children and there was my child growing inside me who wouldnt have such problems in life.

I admire Bob and Midge and what they do.

I guess my _iews will be the opposite of many here as so many here are very cynical but hey ho i can live with that

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

its only a plane flight away.. wouldnt imagine it to take long to spread once on our little island

id rather nip it in the bud sooner rather than later "

They're testing a person in Hereford for it today. Unlikely that it will be positive but they are doing it as a precautionary measure.

over a year ago

"Geldof on the box again ,famous again,in the spotlight again .Respect to ordinary people only who fund raise with true feelings .Oh yes his daughter died earlier this year, he must have gotten a lot of publicity from that eh???? "

hes coping well, don't think I would if it happened to me.

over a year ago

"Geldof on the box again ,famous again,in the spotlight again .Respect to ordinary people only who fund raise with true feelings .Oh yes his daughter died earlier this year, he must have gotten a lot of publicity from that eh????

hes coping well, don't think I would if it happened to me."

a coping mechanism is to keep busy rather than dwell on things which unfortunately can not be changed, admire his ethics to carry on and potentially save millions when it would be so easy to stay home mope around and do nothing.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Geldof on the box again ,famous again,in the spotlight again .Respect to ordinary people only who fund raise with true feelings .Oh yes his daughter died earlier this year, he must have gotten a lot of publicity from that eh????

hes coping well, don't think I would if it happened to me."

But you just agreed with the other poster, you are confusing at times. Do you hit the thumb icon sporadically without thinking????

over a year ago

hes coping well, don't think I would if it happened to me.

a coping mechanism is to keep busy rather than dwell on things which unfortunately can not be changed, admire his ethics to carry on and potentially save millions when it would be so easy to stay home mope around and do nothing.

"

I don't think it would be easy for someone to mope around at home and do nothing if they had lost their daughter.

we are all different though I suppose.

over a year ago

Why Ebola?????? Many more people will die this in UK this winter from Flu/Cold etc. which could possibly be lessened with some charity cash (as the NHS is pretty much fucked). Fucking Bob Geldof.

Rant over.

over a year ago

hes coping well, don't think I would if it happened to me.But you just agreed with the other poster, you are confusing at times. Do you hit the thumb icon sporadically without thinking????"

no, just an observation that hes carrying on as usual.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"The badgers have the right idea when it comes to dealing with ebola.

The badgers? Are you suggesting a cull?"

LOL you obviously haven't seen it. Google 'badger ebola cull'

over a year ago

"Why Ebola?????? Many more people will die this in UK this winter from Flu/Cold etc. which could possibly be lessened with some charity cash (as the NHS is pretty much fucked). Fucking Bob Geldof.

Rant over."

Yes I agree with you there.

over a year ago

"Why Ebola?????? Many more people will die this in UK this winter from Flu/Cold etc. which could possibly be lessened with some charity cash (as the NHS is pretty much fucked). Fucking Bob Geldof.

Rant over."

Well you could organise a group of music artist etc and raise money for your chosen charity then

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

LOL you obviously haven't seen it. Google 'badger ebola cull' "

no I haven't...sorry

Should I google or is it scary?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

apart from when he's fundraising or when he has suffered personal tragedy etc he's not even topical in the mainstream or 'celebrity' media..

the fact remains that you or I don't hold the same kudos as someone like him and that's why he's in the spotlight with this issue and tbh any money raised to help people in a situation beyond our comprehension is to be applauded..

over a year ago

hes coping well, don't think I would if it happened to me.But you just agreed with the other poster, you are confusing at times. Do you hit the thumb icon sporadically without thinking????

no, just an observation that hes carrying on as usual."

You dont know if hes carrying on as normal though, for all you know he is crying and wailing all the time at home and just pulled himself together to make the record !

Many people who have had such devestating events in their lives appear at times to be carrying on as normal but when at home the reality is very different.

over a year ago

thats the one for the victims of the ebola virus.i tried to download it this morning but my anti virus software wouldnt allow it

over a year ago

"Geldof on the box again ,famous again,in the spotlight again .Respect to ordinary people only who fund raise with true feelings .

apart from when he's fundraising or when he has suffered personal tragedy etc he's not even topical in the mainstream or 'celebrity' media..

the fact remains that you or I don't hold the same kudos as someone like him and that's why he's in the spotlight with this issue and tbh any money raised to help people in a situation beyond our comprehension is to be applauded.. "

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Rant over."

are you on planet zog..?

if its not checked and dealt with then several thousand annual deaths will seem like picnic..

it hasn't yet killed the numbers that malaria, shitty water and preventable diseases do month in month out and maybe they are not 'sexy' or can effect us in the developed world but it has the potential to do so..

over a year ago

Rant over.

Well you could organise a group of music artist etc and raise money for your chosen charity then "

Point taken but what is the obsession with Africa. A very small percentage of charity cash even gets to the right people as most of it gets creamed off by some corrupt regime/warlord etc..... Fucking give it to me and I will by buy BEER!!! Money well spent.

over a year ago

Rant over.

Well you could organise a group of music artist etc and raise money for your chosen charity then

Point taken but what is the obsession with Africa. A very small percentage of charity cash even gets to the right people as most of it gets creamed off by some corrupt regime/warlord etc..... Fucking give it to me and I will by buy BEER!!! Money well spent."

Such compassion !!!!!

over a year ago

Rant over.

are you on planet zog..?

if its not checked and dealt with then several thousand annual deaths will seem like picnic..

it hasn't yet killed the numbers that malaria, shitty water and preventable diseases do month in month out and maybe they are not 'sexy' or can effect us in the developed world but it has the potential to do so.."

Media hype.

over a year ago

Rant over."

Haven't you heard of Age Concern, Shelter, Crisis? Charities that would welcome your donation I'm sure.

over a year ago

Rant over.

Haven't you heard of Age Concern, Shelter, Crisis? Charities that would welcome your donation I'm sure."

Don't tell me tell Bob!!!

over a year ago

Rant over.

Haven't you heard of Age Concern, Shelter, Crisis? Charities that would welcome your donation I'm sure.

Don't tell me tell Bob!!!"

How do you know he doesn't contribute to other charities?

I just thought Id draw these to your attention after your rant

over a year ago

Rant over.

Don't tell me tell Bob!!!"

Tell bob, he wouldn't be bothered about british people though would he.

over a year ago

Rant over.

I just thought Id draw these to your attention after your rant "

Did you google those? Well done you. xxx

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

LOL you obviously haven't seen it. Google 'badger ebola cull'

no I haven't...sorry

Should I google or is it scary? "

Not scary at all

over a year ago

Rant over.

"

No, I contribute!!

over a year ago

Rant over.

No, I contribute!!"

I really don't get your point.

over a year ago

Rant over.

No, I contribute!!

I really don't get your point."

It's ok, I didn't really get your rant either

over a year ago

over a year ago

Rant over.

No, I contribute!!

I really don't get your point.

It's ok, I didn't really get your rant either "

My rant was perfectly self explanatory. Please don't use this serious forum for sniping. I yawn in your general direction xxxx

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

"I get tested for Ebola all the time but fly back through heathrow and not a dam thing. Get a grip UK get a grip "

What test do you think will be worth doing at any airport.

The chances are anyone flying in is still incubating it and any test would be too soon

over a year ago

what about the tax dodging artistes ?? the single and video are shocking, "proper" stars of yesteryear singing alongside X Factor runners up ?? jesus Christ its like a wedding karaoke video. And Mr Geldof doesn't like being asked tax questions by the way, one response he gave was, " I give my time, that's a tax isn't it ? " errrrmmm no Bob its freaking well not, don't even start me on that blokes children .........................

over a year ago

"I get tested for Ebola all the time but fly back through heathrow and not a dam thing. Get a grip UK get a grip

What test do you think will be worth doing at any airport.

The chances are anyone flying in is still incubating it and any test would be too soon"

There are tests available apparently, but they only plan to test passengers on flights from that region, brilliant !! so someone flies from Africa to Germany for a few days then pops over here, they wont be tested because they have come in from Europe !! fantastic !!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"what about the tax dodging artistes ?? the single and video are shocking, "proper" stars of yesteryear singing alongside X Factor runners up ?? jesus Christ its like a wedding karaoke video. And Mr Geldof doesn't like being asked tax questions by the way, one response he gave was, " I give my time, that's a tax isn't it ? " errrrmmm no Bob its freaking well not, don't even start me on that blokes children ........................."

erm why would we start you on his children in a thread about a charity single.

I give to charity but I'm not a saint, I do bad stuff does that invalidate my contribution or involve my children in any way?

over a year ago

one charity that Saint Bob should be sending huge wads of cash to is a British one that looks after siblings who abuse class A drugs, much closer to home.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"one charity that Saint Bob should be sending huge wads of cash to is a British one that looks after siblings who abuse class A drugs, much closer to home."
wow what a nasty piece of work

over a year ago

"one charity that Saint Bob should be sending huge wads of cash to is a British one that looks after siblings who abuse class A drugs, much closer to home."

over a year ago

"what about the tax dodging artistes ?? the single and video are shocking, "proper" stars of yesteryear singing alongside X Factor runners up ?? jesus Christ its like a wedding karaoke video. And Mr Geldof doesn't like being asked tax questions by the way, one response he gave was, " I give my time, that's a tax isn't it ? " errrrmmm no Bob its freaking well not, don't even start me on that blokes children .........................

I give to charity but I'm not a saint, I do bad stuff does that invalidate my contribution or involve my children in any way?"

The bloke is heralded as some sort of Saint, he quite clearly isn't, he created a broken home in which drugs were quite clearly openly used, I have no time for him or his snivelling little partner in crime Midge Ure

over a year ago

"what about the tax dodging artistes ?? the single and video are shocking, "proper" stars of yesteryear singing alongside X Factor runners up ?? jesus Christ its like a wedding karaoke video. And Mr Geldof doesn't like being asked tax questions by the way, one response he gave was, " I give my time, that's a tax isn't it ? " errrrmmm no Bob its freaking well not, don't even start me on that blokes children .........................

I give to charity but I'm not a saint, I do bad stuff does that invalidate my contribution or involve my children in any way?

The bloke is heralded as some sort of Saint, he quite clearly isn't, he created a broken home in which drugs were quite clearly openly used, I have no time for him or his snivelling little partner in crime Midge Ure"

Wow you are nice !!!!!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The bloke is heralded as some sort of Saint, he quite clearly isn't, he created a broken home in which drugs were quite clearly openly used, I have no time for him or his snivelling little partner in crime Midge Ure"

yep I'm getting that impression.

By *y2funMan
over a year ago

DUDLEY

[Removed by poster at 18/11/14 15:27:00]

over a year ago

"one charity that Saint Bob should be sending huge wads of cash to is a British one that looks after siblings who abuse class A drugs, much closer to home.wow what a nasty piece of work

"

There seems to be quite a few about today Diamondsmiles.

over a year ago

"what about the tax dodging artistes ?? the single and video are shocking, "proper" stars of yesteryear singing alongside X Factor runners up ?? jesus Christ its like a wedding karaoke video. And Mr Geldof doesn't like being asked tax questions by the way, one response he gave was, " I give my time, that's a tax isn't it ? " errrrmmm no Bob its freaking well not, don't even start me on that blokes children ........................."

I think hes rather arrogant, Michael hutchence said, people think bob is such a saint, hes not realy such a nice bloke as they think.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"one charity that Saint Bob should be sending huge wads of cash to is a British one that looks after siblings who abuse class A drugs, much closer to home.wow what a nasty piece of work

There seems to be quite a few about today Diamondsmiles."

do you know something I've never seen so much venom towards someone that does so much good, its a disgrace and they should be ashamed of themselves, it beggars belief

over a year ago

Well if M H said it then it must be true lol

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

quick someone tell the people with Ebola not to accept any money raised by nasty people ...that'll teach them not to be so nasty.

over a year ago

"See that Saint Geldof threw a tantrum when tax-dodging was mentioned to him"

over a year ago

"See that Saint Geldof threw a tantrum when tax-dodging was mentioned to him

"

Just shows you what he is really like.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Just shows you what he is really like. "

but how does what he is really like negate the money raised or affect it. is it his popularity that you don't like?

over a year ago

There seems to be quite a few about today Diamondsmiles.do you know something I've never seen so much venom towards someone that does so much good, its a disgrace and they should be ashamed of themselves, it beggars belief"

I know what you mean. I'm finding it very difficult to get my head around people being so bitter about another human being raising awareness and fundraising. All (or most) of us have favourite charities, if I don't want to contribute to a different one, I'll ignore and politely decline explaining I cant give to everything.

over a year ago

but how does what he is really like negate the money raised or affect it. is it his popularity that you don't like?"

No that he should throw a tantrum when being questioned about tax avoidance, says it all. why would it bother me if he is popular with some may say gullible people.

over a year ago

WEell i have never been called gullible before lol

over a year ago

All I'm saying is that if Geldof was any good then he should do a new bloody song!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I guess so."

Prevention is better than cure

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

but how does what he is really like negate the money raised or affect it. is it his popularity that you don't like?

No that he should throw a tantrum when being questioned about tax avoidance, says it all. why would it bother me if he is popular with some may say gullible people."

I don't particularly like his public persona I have no idea what he is like in private I don't know him personally. I just don't see why him throwing a tantrum about his tax affairs affects his ability to raise money for charity.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"All I'm saying is that if Geldof was any good then he should do a new bloody song! "

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/11/14 15:48:53]

over a year ago

At the end of the day, whatever charity we give to, you can be sure of high admin costs, wages etc etc etc, I worked locally for a charity in 2006 on very low wages, a similar local charity paid a z list celeb a bucket full of cash to do a raffle for for them. Myself and some of my staff were in this local pub when the z lister arrived and a couple of girls asked for a pic with him, the other charities security staff hustled them away from him because they were wearing our tee shirts. You don't actually know where your money is going when you donate it that's the thing, but something fronted by Geldof ?? jesus holy moley nooooooooooooo way

over a year ago

"I feel for some people ans the anger, hatred and bitterness that seems key to their very existence.

I'll be honest I can't stand Geldof. but judging him and even worse his family is an entirely different topic to whether charity work is a good thing"

I agree and in fact im not gonna look at this thread anymore as i will get banned for what i say to some of the people here !!!!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"At the end of the day, whatever charity we give to, you can be sure of high admin costs, wages etc etc etc, I worked locally for a charity in 2006 on very low wages, a similar local charity paid a z list celeb a bucket full of cash to do a raffle for for them. Myself and some of my staff were in this local pub when the z lister arrived and a couple of girls asked for a pic with him, the other charities security staff hustled them away from him because they were wearing our tee shirts. You don't actually know where your money is going when you donate it that's the thing, but something fronted by Geldof ?? jesus holy moley nooooooooooooo way "

So! Will you be buying the single?

over a year ago

errmmmm buying the single ????

errmmmmm no !! lol

over a year ago

"I feel for some people ans the anger, hatred and bitterness that seems key to their very existence.

what nonsense that statement is from a guy I haven never spoken to, I have never once posted anything even slightly controversial on these forums until this afternoon.

How does everyone here know that maybe I have a personal issue with the Saint that is Geldof ??????????????????????

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

""I feel for some people ans the anger, hatred and bitterness that seems key to their very existence.

what nonsense that statement is from a guy I haven never spoken to, I have never once posted anything even slightly controversial on these forums until this afternoon.

How does everyone here know that maybe I have a personal issue with the Saint that is Geldof ??????????????????????"

we don't know, how could we?

By *razedcatMan
over a year ago

London / Herts

Multi-billion pound companies and the wealthiest of celebrities, as a collective, could easily wipe out scourges like hunger, if they really tried. There's a reason problems like that remain with us, and it is that which should be tackled. Just throwing money and "awareness" at the problem doesn't necessarily help.

over a year ago

""I feel for some people ans the anger, hatred and bitterness that seems key to their very existence.

How does everyone here know that maybe I have a personal issue with the Saint that is Geldof ??????????????????????"

Actually the comment wasn't aimed specifically at you. But it seems to have touched a nerve so apologies for tgat

over a year ago

I think the intention of the single is good and shouldn't be vilified, but the way it has been marketed and some of the PR has been atrocious. There seems to be a "you MUST buy this or you're a horrible person" feeling about it. Rather like the poppy fascism of remembrance day.

The naming and shaming of Adele would put this forum to shame. She just decided she'd contribute another way by a actually giving some money, rather than donating her time, which isn't the same thing no matter what Saint Bob thinks. Its not like us mortals, that by taking a day off any one of them will have to work overtime to pay their gas bill.

And if Bono and the rest of U2 paid the amount of money they avoid in tax every year in Ireland then the single wouldn't have needed to be made.

So good idea, shite reworking of a song, crap moral stance.

over a year ago

"I think the intention of the single is good and shouldn't be vilified, but the way it has been marketed and some of the PR has been atrocious. There seems to be a "you MUST buy this or you're a horrible person" feeling about it. Rather like the poppy fascism of remembrance day.

The naming and shaming of Adele would put this forum to shame. She just decided she'd contribute another way by a actually giving some money, rather than donating her time, which isn't the same thing no matter what Saint Bob thinks. Its not like us mortals, that by taking a day off any one of them will have to work overtime to pay their gas bill.

And if Bono and the rest of U2 paid the amount of money they avoid in tax every year in Ireland then the single wouldn't have needed to be made.

So good idea, shite reworking of a song, crap moral stance. "

Jodie you wrote that so much better, in so fewer words than I did our messages are the same though brother

over a year ago

"I think the intention of the single is good and shouldn't be vilified, but the way it has been marketed and some of the PR has been atrocious. There seems to be a "you MUST buy this or you're a horrible person" feeling about it. Rather like the poppy fascism of remembrance day.

Jodie you wrote that so much better, in so fewer words than I did our messages are the same though brother

Brother??

And now I'm going to kill you..

we are both Scottish !! brothers in arms and all that "

Except that unfortunately for you I'm English. So I'm afraid death now awaits, with manicured nails. Hammered through a baseball bat.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 18/11/14 16:18:19]

over a year ago

Brother??

And now I'm going to kill you..

we are both Scottish !! brothers in arms and all that

Except that unfortunately for you I'm English. So I'm afraid death now awaits, with manicured nails. Hammered through a baseball bat. "

ahhhhhhh would an apology suffice at this point ???

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Jodie you wrote that so much better, in so fewer words than I did our messages are the same though brother "

I agree with a lot of this too.

I wish I was half as articulate!

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol.

Hmmmm yawn. Just wish these overpaid pop stars would give large amounts of dosh as well as expecting some of the poorer young people to cough up..

Oh yes,i forgot they gave up their precious time free.fuckin whoopee.

grumpy cynical old tranny...

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Its obvious, there is none so blind that cannot see.

over a year ago

"Hmmmm yawn. Just wish these overpaid pop stars would give large amounts of dosh as well as expecting some of the poorer young people to cough up..

grumpy cynical old tranny... "

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I never feel compelled to slag off people who do whatever they can to help others, be they multi millionaires or an OAP popping in a 5p into collection tin...

They did something....

over a year ago

"I never feel compelled to slag off people who do whatever they can to help others, be they multi millionaires or an OAP popping in a 5p into collection tin...

They did something...."

I,ve never felt compelled to slag someone off or call them names for posting an honest opinion on a forum

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I never feel compelled to slag off people who do whatever they can to help others, be they multi millionaires or an OAP popping in a 5p into collection tin...

They did something....

I,ve never felt compelled to slag someone off or call them names for posting an honest opinion on a forum "

I don't believe I said you did

By *carineMan
over a year ago

Armthorpe, Doncaster

I hear that Bonio has hurt his arm cycling in a park. He must have gone too close to the edge.

over a year ago

They did something....

I,ve never felt compelled to slag someone off or call them names for posting an honest opinion on a forum "

Some do though report them use the button

By *atelotmanMan
over a year ago

Chatham

"Hmmmm yawn. Just wish these overpaid pop stars would give large amounts of dosh as well as expecting some of the poorer young people to cough up..

grumpy cynical old tranny... "

over a year ago

They did something....

No me neither.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Posts had to be removed, if you quoted those posts then they will have been taken off too.

If people cant debate without attacking posters then maybe these forums are not for you as it is against forum rules

over a year ago

How does everyone here know that maybe I have a personal issue with the Saint that is Geldof ??????????????????????Its obvious, there is none so blind that cannot see."

Everything is beautiful, some more than others.

over a year ago

Shit....My opinion has just changed on Bob. I've only gonna got that Ebola. Give me some cash quick.........Feed the world......Let them know its Z list pop star get me back on tv time....la la la la.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

So good idea, shite reworking of a song, crap moral stance. "

Saves me typing...Thanks

over a year ago

I havn't heard it yet,no doubt my ears will be battered plenty of times by it before christmas

over a year ago

It sounds dreadful but it's for charity so...

over a year ago

What is the % of money that actually goes into helping Ebola? I find it difficult to take someone worth millions seriously when they tell everyone to 'give what they can' you don't tend to see rich people giving what they can. They wouldn't be so rich if they did.

I do give to charity, but mostly to those run by volunteers as more of the donation does what it was intended to do.

I will not be buying the single. But I will continue to give what I can to those who use such donations respectfully.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

Is it true that every time there is a new fund raiser announced for Africa Mercedes Benz hold a party at their HQ?

over a year ago

And don't even get me started on Bono!!!

Post new Message to Thread