Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

dating/relationship advice

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I really want to be happy, find love marriage kids etc. I'm not desperate for it but I'd love to find it.

Whenever I get dates we are either not a match, or they are a great match but are so distant and I have to make all the effort. You try not get down about it but it is sad when you can't find the one.

All my friends and work colleagues have partners. I feel embarrassed. Work mates will have jokes about it and I laugh it off but it is a sore subject deep down.

I appreciate this isn't a dating site but any ideas or suggestions..I'm generally a nice person and treat women really well.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

When you get the answer let me know! I've only had one major relationship and that was my ex who I met when we were both only 16. I was with him 10 years and haven't been able to find anyone since, well keep anyone is the right word not find them. I had one relationship after that for just over a year but he ended it then wanted to try again after 6 weeks, by that point it was too late and I was over him.

My problem is acting to keen once I realise that I do have feelings for them, dunno if that's the same for you?

over a year ago

"When you get the answer let me know! I've only had one major relationship and that was my ex who I met when we were both only 16. I was with him 10 years and haven't been able to find anyone since, well keep anyone is the right word not find them. I had one relationship after that for just over a year but he ended it then wanted to try again after 6 weeks, by that point it was too late and I was over him.

My problem is acting to keen once I realise that I do have feelings for them, dunno if that's the same for you? "

Yeah I'm the kind of person who is romantic and a bit soppy so I'm an open boom if I like someone ill show it. I'm not needy though. I know it's silly to bring it up on here but sometimes it's nice to talk to people you don't know who just give u the clichés stop looking love will find you grrr lol x

over a year ago

OP I feel your pain but you are only 27 and being a guy, you have plenty of time to have children. Although I have been married and I do have a child, ive been single for 10 years now (I am 44). I would love to meet my soul mate.

over a year ago

Do you have any tattoo's? Have you met MissCheekyChops?

over a year ago

"OP I feel your pain but you are only 27 and being a guy, you have plenty of time to have children. Although I have been married and I do have a child, ive been single for 10 years now (I am 44). I would love to meet my soul mate. "

Thanks for your comment but I guess I'm a loving person with so much love to give. I'm broody now so would love kids by time I'm 30. X

over a year ago

I am not sure you are gonna find it on here, it just happens I have been married twice and countless relationships and it is usually me that finishs it, so it's not their fault.

When you are not looking it will smack you between the eyes, wait and see

over a year ago

"Do you have any tattoo's? Have you met MissCheekyChops? "

I haven't met her. No tattoos x

over a year ago

"Do you have any tattoo's? Have you met MissCheekyChops?

I haven't met her. No tattoos x"

forum search 'Miss CC dating'

By *y2funMan
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"..I'm generally a nice person and treat women really well."

i really do think there' is far too much pressure on younger people (my daughter is mid 20's) to rush head long into things.... take it easy mate it will come along.... also you may want to distance yourself from a shagging site if you do meet mrs wright this might not be here thing..

it will happen mate..... I was well late out the blocks but got there in the end..

over a year ago

OP you're only 27 and still young enough. I've been married and had a long term relationship but I'm quite happy to be single.

If it happens again I'd be over the moon but if not then I'll carry on being happy as I am now.

The more you worry about it, the more difficult it'll be. Don't think about it, relax, be yourself and I'm sure it'll happen when you least expect it. Good luck

over a year ago

"..I'm generally a nice person and treat women really well.

i really do think there' is far too much pressure on younger people (my daughter is mid 20's) to rush head long into things.... take it easy mate it will come along.... also you may want to distance yourself from a shagging site if you do meet mrs wright this might not be here thing..

it will happen mate..... I was well late out the blocks but got there in the end.."

Yeah I'd come off here if I met someone. I'm on a couple of dating sites but most women seem to want an ego boost lol

over a year ago

"Do you have any tattoo's? Have you met MissCheekyChops?

I haven't met her. No tattoos x

forum search 'Miss CC dating' "

I could only find one comment on here has thread deleted now?

By *o30Woman
over a year ago

Lincoln

"My problem is acting to keen once I realise that I do have feelings for them, dunno if that's the same for you? "

I also have the problem of not ever wanting kids

over a year ago

"OP you're only 27 and still young enough. I've been married and had a long term relationship but I'm quite happy to be single.

If it happens again I'd be over the moon but if not then I'll carry on being happy as I am now.

The more you worry about it, the more difficult it'll be. Don't think about it, relax, be yourself and I'm sure it'll happen when you least expect it. Good luck

"

That's really lovely of you to say. I guess you get to a stage where you can't see where or if you'll find love especially when all your friends are matched off harder to get out and meet people x

over a year ago

ok ive just bumped the latest dating bonanza thread in the forum, just look on the lounges main page

over a year ago

"ok ive just bumped the latest dating bonanza thread in the forum, just look on the lounges main page "

Thank you!!! Mwah. And thanks to everyone who has commented. You forget sometimes there are some lovely people on here x

over a year ago

"OP you're only 27 and still young enough. I've been married and had a long term relationship but I'm quite happy to be single.

That's really lovely of you to say. I guess you get to a stage where you can't see where or if you'll find love especially when all your friends are matched off harder to get out and meet people x"

Even harder when you get to my age but try to find different things to do. You don't always meet the love of your life while out on a night out you know. I met my last other half while participating in a team sport event

over a year ago

That's really lovely of you to say. I guess you get to a stage where you can't see where or if you'll find love especially when all your friends are matched off harder to get out and meet people x"

It is very depressing when you are the only singleton in your social circle/family. Also, like you, I'm fed up of hearing the cliche lines too about it will happen when you least expect it, etc etc. My only advice is to try not to get too hung up on it. This time of year is always hard too with Xmas appraching. I think dating has got much much harder nowadays. Good luck xxx

over a year ago

i feel for you man i am in the same situation and all my mates never seem to even go out or even answer texts now they are all loved up etc its shit

over a year ago

That's really lovely of you to say. I guess you get to a stage where you can't see where or if you'll find love especially when all your friends are matched off harder to get out and meet people x

Even harder when you get to my age but try to find different things to do. You don't always meet the love of your life while out on a night out you know. I met my last other half while participating in a team sport event"

Yeah i totally agree. My problem is all my friends have met partners and I hardly see them now as they just see partners all time x

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm married and I know I'm lucky but I'm here. It's not always fantastic. OP: I hope you fin who you're looking for - and all you others too.

over a year ago

It is very depressing when you are the only singleton in your social circle/family. Also, like you, I'm fed up of hearing the cliche lines too about it will happen when you least expect it, etc etc. My only advice is to try not to get too hung up on it. This time of year is always hard too with Xmas appraching. I think dating has got much much harder nowadays. Good luck xxx"

From your picture I can see you look sexy so Mr right will appear very soon. And yeah don't get me wrong I'm not depressed but it does get u down x

over a year ago

"i feel for you man i am in the same situation and all my mates never seem to even go out or even answer texts now they are all loved up etc its shit"

Feel ur pain!

over a year ago

"I'm married and I know I'm lucky but I'm here. It's not always fantastic. OP: I hope you fin who you're looking for - and all you others too. "

Cherish her..rekindle the love? I don't know ur situation but trust me love and happyness is so much better than single and sleeping about

over a year ago

try joining some more sites and just getting urself out and about where you meet people

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"I'm married and I know I'm lucky but I'm here. It's not always fantastic. OP: I hope you fin who you're looking for - and all you others too.

Cherish her..rekindle the love? I don't know ur situation but trust me love and happyness is so much better than single and sleeping about "

It isn't always that simple.

Being married but out of love is depressing as fuck.

I've been there.

over a year ago

"try joining some more sites and just getting urself out and about where you meet people"

I am on a couple of dating sites. I'm not ugly id say average but there's always like three men to every woman so harder

over a year ago

and why the fcuk do 90% of guys profiles onhere have a cock pic as an avatar lol ffs

you just cant get away from it!

over a year ago

"I'm married and I know I'm lucky but I'm here. It's not always fantastic. OP: I hope you fin who you're looking for - and all you others too.

Cherish her..rekindle the love? I don't know ur situation but trust me love and happyness is so much better than single and sleeping about

It isn't always that simple.

Being married but out of love is depressing as fuck.

I've been there. "

I guess. I haven't been married so you guys know best

over a year ago

in my experience being on here and getting knocked back no matter which kind of approach you use is not going to do your self esteem much good.

over a year ago

"and why the fcuk do 90% of guys profiles onhere have a cock pic as an avatar lol ffs

"

My reason is so I don't get recognised. I have a job where would be akward if someone recognised u

over a year ago

"in my experience being on here and getting knocked back no matter which kind of approach you use is not going to do your self esteem much good."

Agreed but u have to try a man needs a woman's touch

over a year ago

"and why the fcuk do 90% of guys profiles onhere have a cock pic as an avatar lol ffs

My reason is so I don't get recognised. I have a job where would be akward if someone recognised u"

yeah was just a mini rant mate. do what ur doing lol

By *y2funMan
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"..

Yeah I'd come off here if I met someone. I'm on a couple of dating sites but most women seem to want an ego boost lol "

maybe if you came off here now you'd have a different mind set to meeting girls/women..

as for them wanting an ego.. don't we all?

thank god I'm not in the dating game!!!

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

It is very depressing when you are the only singleton in your social circle/family. Also, like you, I'm fed up of hearing the cliche lines too about it will happen when you least expect it, etc etc. My only advice is to try not to get too hung up on it. This time of year is always hard too with Xmas appraching. I think dating has got much much harder nowadays. Good luck xxx"

I turn 30 tomorrow, i've been single for the majority of the last 3.5 years single. I'd also love to meet someone, but i'm fussy, I get bored easily and everyone I seem to meet doesn't have the 'full package'. I'm just hoping that special someone will come along, and in the mean time, enjoying myself a bit.

over a year ago

"..

Yeah I'd come off here if I met someone. I'm on a couple of dating sites but most women seem to want an ego boost lol

maybe if you came off here now you'd have a different mind set to meeting girls/women..

as for them wanting an ego.. don't we all?

thank god I'm not in the dating game!!! "

That's because ur with someone. I'm on here because everyone has needs and I've been single a year now..A man loves a woman's touch

over a year ago

It is very depressing when you are the only singleton in your social circle/family. Also, like you, I'm fed up of hearing the cliche lines too about it will happen when you least expect it, etc etc. My only advice is to try not to get too hung up on it. This time of year is always hard too with Xmas appraching. I think dating has got much much harder nowadays. Good luck xxx

I turn 30 tomorrow, i've been single for the majority of the last 3.5 years single. I'd also love to meet someone, but i'm fussy, I get bored easily and everyone I seem to meet doesn't have the 'full package'. I'm just hoping that special someone will come along, and in the mean time, enjoying myself a bit. "

Your happy which is good. I'm a loving guy wish I wasn't so soppy N romantic but no better feeling than been in love

over a year ago

I'm a car crash when it comes to relationships, I'd love to know the secret!....

over a year ago

i think the problem is people are shallow nowadays they want the perfect life the stunning man or woman the big house the nice car and job unfortunately this is not real life for most people most women get told as they grown up get a man with money that will treat you like a princess etc not being horrible just the way i find it now a days dont get me wrong there are some genuinely nice caring loving people out there but there are few and far between i think

over a year ago

also i think women find it easier to move on in general and esier to find a new partner

over a year ago

"also i think women find it easier to move on in general and esier to find a new partner"

It is hard. When u get knocked back or time goes by with no hope it really affects ur confidence. Maybe batting for other side has to be an option lol joke

over a year ago

"also i think women find it easier to move on in general and esier to find a new partner

It is hard. When u get knocked back or time goes by with no hope it really affects ur confidence. Maybe batting for other side has to be an option lol joke"

For some woman, some of the things men say are not good enough either.

Her

over a year ago

you joke but its probably why most of em become gay lol

over a year ago

"also i think women find it easier to move on in general and esier to find a new partner

It is hard. When u get knocked back or time goes by with no hope it really affects ur confidence. Maybe batting for other side has to be an option lol jokeFor some woman, some of the things men say are not good enough either.

Her"

Not all men but I swear I'm always really nice to women complimentary. They r beautiful corny I know

over a year ago

maybe in another life things will be different lol we can hope

over a year ago

"maybe in another life things will be different lol we can hope"

Keep your chin up hopefully miss right is round the corner for u

over a year ago

It is hard. When u get knocked back or time goes by with no hope it really affects ur confidence. Maybe batting for other side has to be an option lol jokeFor some woman, some of the things men say are not good enough either.

Her

Not all men but I swear I'm always really nice to women complimentary. They r beautiful corny I know"

oh i dont disagree there, but some will drag woman down, and nothing is good enough, so it is not all woman either.

Her

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I'm a car crash when it comes to relationships, I'd love to know the secret!.... "

Steer clear....

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"you joke but its probably why most of em become gay lol"

A joke, yeah?

By *y2funMan
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"O doesn't have the 'full package'. I'm just hoping that special someone will come along, and in the mean time, enjoying myself a bit. "

dose anyone have the 'full package' (what ever that is) comprise is everything in a good relationships IMHO

over a year ago

If you look too hard you will never find.

Enjoy your life and let it happen of its own accord.

It WILL happen x

over a year ago

"also i think women find it easier to move on in general and esier to find a new partner"

I have to disagree. The majority of women coming out of long term relationships will more often than not have their children full time and no social life. I think its far easier for men to meet new partners as they have more free time. Not in all cases obviously but a very high number nevertheless

over a year ago

Why do nice guys come last . U see some men with women and they r arse holes etc grrr little rant over lol

over a year ago

I have to disagree. The majority of women coming out of long term relationships will more often than not have their children full time and no social life. I think its far easier for men to meet new partners as they have more free time. Not in all cases obviously but a very high number nevertheless"

i meant mentally move on

By *y2funMan
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"more often than not have their children full time and no social life. I think its far easier for men to meet new partners "

think it cuts all ways.... I've (male) always had my daughter around and it has caused a lot of issues with one ex partner...

it very much depends on what you want and expect from another person ay? no one is anywhere near perfect but so many younger people seem to expect their partners now to be so...

Christ wait till you got 5 teenagers shouting the odd's then you'll wish you were single and on the pull

By *y2funMan
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"Why do nice guys come last lol"

lots of younger women like the bad boy image they gorw out of it..... Ang likes middle aged bald men with no teeth now.......

over a year ago

"Why do nice guys come last lol

lots of younger women like the bad boy image they gorw out of it..... Ang likes middle aged bald men with no teeth now......."

Can they get over this bad boy thing. Kindness and a loving mam is much better lol

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'm a car crash when it comes to relationships, I'd love to know the secret!.... "

+1 ...

By *y2funMan
over a year ago

DUDLEY

" Kindness and a loving mam is much better lol"

I have no idea mate what your age group wnat from relationships.......

had it all with our 5 we could write and book and would still get it wrong...

but i don't think your doing yourself any favors on here, it would put alot of women off even dating if they find out, and don't ask me how, but they do, find out... women know EVERYTHING.............. even that thing i do in the bathroom with a ping pong ball and a lighter!

over a year ago

I have to disagree. The majority of women coming out of long term relationships will more often than not have their children full time and no social life. I think its far easier for men to meet new partners as they have more free time. Not in all cases obviously but a very high number nevertheless"

over a year ago

" Kindness and a loving mam is much better lol

I have no idea mate what your age group wnat from relationships.......

had it all with our 5 we could write and book and would still get it wrong...

but i don't think your doing yourself any favors on here, it would put alot of women off even dating if they find out, and don't ask me how, but they do, find out... women know EVERYTHING.............. even that thing i do in the bathroom with a ping pong ball and a lighter! "

I'm just on here until I find someone. Been single a year we all need some action

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Dating and love are difficult and we often act in strange ways while on the quest for it. I've been single for 4 years some by choice but most because I've not met the right person..I'm one of those that is unlucky in love and often pick the wrong guys...I often don't like the guys that like me and like the guys that don't like me. I turn 35 in Jan and have huge fears I will never meet anyone and will never be a mother. I Know where I have gone wrong ive scared guys off. Now I just let life take its cause. It will happen for you and you know when the right person will come along as time will stand still and it will hit you like a sledge hammer x

By *y2funMan
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"I'm a car crash when it comes to relationships, I'd love to know the secret!....

+1 ... "

I'd say 9 times out of ten the secret is to be less selfish more focused on them as a person and what they enjoy doing.. we seem to want to fit new partners into our own world, and can that be right?

liek i said I am so glad I don't have to date but I don't think it would scare me like it used too..... women don't bite as hard as we like them too

By * Busty HotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Bradford

"I really want to be happy, find love marriage kids etc. I'm not desperate for it but I'd love to find it.

Whenever I get dates we are either not a match, or they are a great match but are so distant and I have to make all the effort. You try not get down about it but it is sad when you can't find the one.

All my friends and work colleagues have partners. I feel embarrassed. Work mates will have jokes about it and I laugh it off but it is a sore subject deep down.

I appreciate this isn't a dating site but any ideas or suggestions..I'm generally a nice person and treat women really well."

Man up.

over a year ago

"Dating and love are difficult and we often act in strange ways while on the quest for it. I've been single for 4 years some by choice but most because I've not met the right person..I'm one of those that is unlucky in love and often pick the wrong guys...I often don't like the guys that like me and like the guys that don't like me. I turn 35 in Jan and have huge fears I will never meet anyone and will never be a mother. I Know where I have gone wrong ive scared guys off. Now I just let life take its cause. It will happen for you and you know when the right person will come along as time will stand still and it will hit you like a sledge hammer x"

Aww you sound so lovely. There's no point me saying the clichés but you are beautiful and Mr right is out there x

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"If you look too hard you will never find.

Enjoy your life and let it happen of its own accord.

It WILL happen x"

I agree with looking too hard sometimes though you can't help yourself. I'm in a really weird place at moment and it's not a great place but I have to keep smiling

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Whisper the secret to me too once you know!

This time of year is very couple-y and it's difficult being in the single boat, I haven't a clue to be honest but I'd like to have what other people have for sure, I'm not that bad a catch

Realise that the grass isn't always greener though and you've got to keep busy and however difficult not let it get you down otherwise it just feels like a neverending waterslide (I not like waterslides!).

I'm contemplation putting myself out there again, quite scary ok some ways but it'll happen. Not sure if it'll be when unleash expect it because I think you need to consciously make an effort (getting hurt is part of the process sometimes ) but chin up and keep going.

over a year ago

im a shit gf.. fact.. lol

never lasted more than 6 months..

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Dating and love are difficult and we often act in strange ways while on the quest for it. I've been single for 4 years some by choice but most because I've not met the right person..I'm one of those that is unlucky in love and often pick the wrong guys...I often don't like the guys that like me and like the guys that don't like me. I turn 35 in Jan and have huge fears I will never meet anyone and will never be a mother. I Know where I have gone wrong ive scared guys off. Now I just let life take its cause. It will happen for you and you know when the right person will come along as time will stand still and it will hit you like a sledge hammer x

Aww you sound so lovely. There's no point me saying the clichés but you are beautiful and Mr right is out there x"

Who knows but you can't allow your life to stand still. It will happen who knows when but it will for you..don't sweat the small stuff x

over a year ago

"I really want to be happy, find love marriage kids etc. I'm not desperate for it but I'd love to find it.

I appreciate this isn't a dating site but any ideas or suggestions..I'm generally a nice person and treat women really well.

Man up. "

Y bother with that comment. I'll man up when u grow up. Gimp

over a year ago

Man up. "

What a pointless immature comment

over a year ago

Man up.

Y bother with that comment. I'll man up when u grow up. Gimp"

over a year ago

"Dating and love are difficult and we often act in strange ways while on the quest for it. I've been single for 4 years some by choice but most because I've not met the right person..I'm one of those that is unlucky in love and often pick the wrong guys...I often don't like the guys that like me and like the guys that don't like me. I turn 35 in Jan and have huge fears I will never meet anyone and will never be a mother. I Know where I have gone wrong ive scared guys off. Now I just let life take its cause. It will happen for you and you know when the right person will come along as time will stand still and it will hit you like a sledge hammer x

Aww you sound so lovely. There's no point me saying the clichés but you are beautiful and Mr right is out there x

Who knows but you can't allow your life to stand still. It will happen who knows when but it will for you..don't sweat the small stuff x"

Great outlook x

over a year ago

yeah no need for the man up comment

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Man up. "

Why should he "man up" as you so entiquelly put it. Stop being so mean. He has every right to ask advice

over a year ago

Man up.

Why should he "man up" as you so entiquelly put it. Stop being so mean. He has every right to ask advice "

Thank you appreciate that x

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Well I think there's two really nice young men here, I'm sure you'll find the right girls one day soon!

over a year ago

"Well I think there's two really nice young men here, I'm sure you'll find the right girls one day soon! "

That's a lovely thing to say even if I may not have been the two men u referred to lol x

over a year ago

i think you probably are dude

over a year ago

"i think you probably are dude"

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Man up. "

And what?

I'm genuinely interested. I generally have little or no tolerance for wingers, but this seems harmless enough.

By *ohohoWoman
over a year ago

Up North

I had given up on finding someone. As I had been single for almost 10 years. I realised that I actually had a good group of friends and family. A great social life. Didn't really need a man except for sex. So took myself of all the dating sites I had joined. Then I met the man I have now been dating for nearly a year now a week later. Go figure!

OP. Honestly. It just happens when it happens. Just be open to it

over a year ago

"I had given up on finding someone. As I had been single for almost 10 years. I realised that I actually had a good group of friends and family. A great social life. Didn't really need a man except for sex. So took myself of all the dating sites I had joined. Then I met the man I have now been dating for nearly a year now a week later. Go figure!

OP. Honestly. It just happens when it happens. Just be open to it "

I hope your right and congrats to you glad your happy

P's thanks to everyone for your comments. I probably have sounded sad and do need to man up but I wear heart on my sleeve x

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"I had given up on finding someone. As I had been single for almost 10 years. I realised that I actually had a good group of friends and family. A great social life. Didn't really need a man except for sex. So took myself of all the dating sites I had joined. Then I met the man I have now been dating for nearly a year now a week later. Go figure!

P's thanks to everyone for your comments. I probably have sounded sad and do need to man up but I wear heart on my sleeve x"

Wouldn't worry about 'manning up' ( not done me any harm - oh wait, hang on!... ....seriously I think what you've hopefully found is that others feel the same way. That's always good to know I hope.

Good luck with whatever happens

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"i think you probably are dude"

You both are!

over a year ago

P's thanks to everyone for your comments. I probably have sounded sad and do need to man up but I wear heart on my sleeve x

Wouldn't worry about 'manning up' ( not done me any harm - oh wait, hang on!... ....seriously I think what you've hopefully found is that others feel the same way. That's always good to know I hope.

Good luck with whatever happens "

Cheers mate

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

In the times in my life I have looked for dates and a relationship, its been a disaster... the people I have met by coincidence and chance have worked out so much better.

The current object of my desire (its still way to early days to know if its a relationship, or just FWBs) I met through work some 15 years ago, and we recently reconnected again through work... it always happens when I am not looking tho.

over a year ago

"i think you probably are dude

You both are!

"

Thank you made me smile x

over a year ago

"In the times in my life I have looked for dates and a relationship, its been a disaster... the people I have met by coincidence and chance have worked out so much better.

The current object of my desire (its still way to early days to know if its a relationship, or just FWBs) I met through work some 15 years ago, and we recently reconnected again through work... it always happens when I am not looking tho."

Hope it works out and u keep happy x

By *o30Woman
over a year ago

Lincoln

I've stopped looking. I've had to much heartache, but all the best to you. I hope you find what a lot of people are looking for x

over a year ago

"I've stopped looking. I've had to much heartache, but all the best to you. I hope you find what a lot of people are looking for x"

The heartache is hard but we all have to go through that to find the right one x

By *o30Woman
over a year ago

Lincoln

"I've stopped looking. I've had to much heartache, but all the best to you. I hope you find what a lot of people are looking for x

The heartache is hard but we all have to go through that to find the right one x"

well my friends all say the more heartache I get the more I close up. so its best I don't have any more lol

over a year ago

"I've stopped looking. I've had to much heartache, but all the best to you. I hope you find what a lot of people are looking for x

The heartache is hard but we all have to go through that to find the right one x

well my friends all say the more heartache I get the more I close up. so its best I don't have any more lol"

Maybe you should come on a date with me and you won't need to worry about any.more heartache :p x

over a year ago

I am terrible in relationships, if a guy is too nice, I tend to get bored.

I like a bit of a challenge. I find it mentally stimulating.

Do any other women feel the same? I do think when a guy is too nice, agrees with everything you say, does everything you want, etc - that it becomes a strain on the relationship?

When me and my ex husband (a "very nice guy") would argue, he would end up crying and I would have to pick up the pieces and comfort him. It was exhausting to be honest! He was lovely but he had no backbone. He would never stand up to me and it became difficult for me to always be responsible for his welfare as he would just go along with everything!

My current husband used to do the constant romantic thing, and "really nice guy" thing and found he had much more success by not doing that! He was a proper nightmare sometimes when we dated but I knew he would stand up to me, that he had fight in him and from that, I dunno, I got a weird sense that he would also fight for me.

I do like the chase. I don't like a guy to just give himself to me 200% from the moment we meet - where is the fun in that?

Sorry for the essay.

I talk too much when I'm mega sleep deprived...

By *o30Woman
over a year ago

Lincoln

well my friends all say the more heartache I get the more I close up. so its best I don't have any more lol

Maybe you should come on a date with me and you won't need to worry about any.more heartache :p x"

sweet offer but think I'm too broken for you. x

over a year ago

"I am terrible in relationships, if a guy is too nice, I tend to get bored.

Do any other women feel the same? I do think when a guy is too nice, agrees with everything you say, does everything you want, etc - that it becomes a strain on the relationship?

When me and my ex husband (a "very nice guy") would argue, he would end up crying and I would have to pick up the pieces and comfort him. It was exhausting to be honest! He was lovely but he had no backbone. He would never stand up to me and it became difficult for me to always be responsible for his welfare as he would just go along with everything!

My current husband used to do the constant romantic thing, and "really nice guy" thing and found he had much more success by not doing that! He was a proper nightmare sometimes when we dated but I knew he would stand up to me, that he had fight in him and from that, I dunno, I got a weird sense that he would also fight for me.

I do like the chase. I don't like a guy to just give himself to me 200% from the moment we meet - where is the fun in that?

Sorry for the essay.

"

Maybe that's my problem I'm too nice. But that's my personality wish I could change!

over a year ago

Maybe you should come on a date with me and you won't need to worry about any.more heartache :p x

sweet offer but think I'm too broken for you. x"

Well let me rebuild that brokenness the offers there x

over a year ago

dude dont stress man wearing your heart on your sleeve is a good trait you say what you feel which is good i reckon most relationships break down because of a lack of communication

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Maybe thats where I go wrong.

I certainly don't wear my heart on my sleeve and dislike inflicting my feelings on others as I feel that it essentially selfish.

Stiff upper lip and all that.

over a year ago

Sorry for the essay.

Maybe that's my problem I'm too nice. But that's my personality wish I could change!"

No such thing as 'too nice'

It is about finding someone who falls for you as the person you are as opposed to the person they would like you to be.

I think that's the mistake many make. They try and change others to suit themselves.

It is rarely successful.

By *o30Woman
over a year ago

Lincoln

"Maybe thats where I go wrong.

I certainly don't wear my heart on my sleeve and dislike inflicting my feelings on others as I feel that it essentially selfish.

Stiff upper lip and all that. "

me in a nutshell

over a year ago

Sorry for the essay.

Maybe that's my problem I'm too nice. But that's my personality wish I could change!

It is about finding someone who falls for you as the person you are as opposed to the person they would like you to be.

I think that's the mistake many make. They try and change others to suit themselves.

It is rarely successful."

Yeah i guess your right mate

over a year ago

Sorry for the essay.

It is rarely successful."

over a year ago

Sorry for the essay.

"

over a year ago

I do think there is a lot to be said for hiding some aspects of our personality in the early days of a relationship though?

My husband hid the fact that he was a nice guy really. And he hid some other stuff too. And I hid a lot of my clingy-ness. You don't let out all the crazy in one go, you'd scare anyone off!

I worked my arse off to perfect this technique of hiding the crazy. Before this, I only ever managed relationships lasting a few weeks, 6 months once. Suddenly I got the hang of it and landed one husband. I swear we got together as I thought he was the only guy who'd put up with me...

That relationship lasted 4 years total (only married six months).

Walked out of that one into a new relationship that is my now husband. 10 years and going strong.

I got the hang of it!

(And bollox to all this stop trying and it'll come to you nonsense. I was ruthless finding my second husband. I didn't want to be single. Knew exactly what I wanted, found him on a dating site and was lucky enough to keep him. It's bloody hard work though, don't let any Disney film fool you otherwise.)

over a year ago

"I do think there is a lot to be said for hiding some aspects of our personality in the early days of a relationship though?

My husband hid the fact that he was a nice guy really. And he hid some other stuff too. And I hid a lot of my clingy-ness. You don't let out all the crazy in one go, you'd scare anyone off!

I worked my arse off to perfect this technique of hiding the crazy. Before this, I only ever managed relationships lasting a few weeks, 6 months once. Suddenly I got the hang of it and landed one husband. I swear we got together as I thought he was the only guy who'd put up with me...

Walked out of that one into a new relationship that is my now husband. 10 years and going strong.

I got the hang of it!

(And bollox to all this stop trying and it'll come to you nonsense. I was ruthless finding my second husband. I didn't want to be single. Knew exactly what I wanted, found him on a dating site and was lucky enough to keep him. It's bloody hard work though, don't let any Disney film fool you otherwise.)"

Totally agree with looking u have to be active to find the right person x

over a year ago

"I do think there is a lot to be said for hiding some aspects of our personality in the early days of a relationship though?

I got the hang of it!

(And bollox to all this stop trying and it'll come to you nonsense. I was ruthless finding my second husband. I didn't want to be single. Knew exactly what I wanted, found him on a dating site and was lucky enough to keep him. It's bloody hard work though, don't let any Disney film fool you otherwise.)"

That is your reality.

It doesn't have to be anyone elses.

It isn't mine.

I waited 3 relationships to almost stumble into this one.

It is easy compared to the others and we both laid it on pretty early on ref the personality and expectations.

Difference being right person, right time.

over a year ago

I got the hang of it!

(And bollox to all this stop trying and it'll come to you nonsense. I was ruthless finding my second husband. I didn't want to be single. Knew exactly what I wanted, found him on a dating site and was lucky enough to keep him. It's bloody hard work though, don't let any Disney film fool you otherwise.)

That is your reality.

It isn't mine.

It is easy compared to the others and we both laid it on pretty early on ref the personality and expectations.

Difference being right person, right time."

Is it easier been same sex with same sex been alike etc? Not been funny I just wondered.

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

I'd disagree with that!

I find it easy enough finding someone to have sex with, date, get along with, but to actually find someone I want to make a commitment to is hard!

over a year ago

When my current support runs out I'm going to come off here for a while, and another dating site and work on what I refer to as

Project Brundlefly

Basically I'm going to rebuild my life from the ground up and get MY life in order before I look for someone else if that makes sense.

over a year ago

I'd disagree with that!

I find it easy enough finding someone to have sex with, date, get along with, but to actually find someone I want to make a commitment to is hard!

Nail. Hammer. Head.

over a year ago

I got the hang of it!

That is your reality.

It isn't mine.

Is it easier been same sex with same sex been alike etc? Not been funny I just wondered. "

Having had long term relats with 2 men and 2 women over the years, I would say it depends on the person, but yes I found it easier to get along with with the guys.

That said, one of the men was prone to diva strops but I put that down to him being latin

over a year ago

I got the hang of it!

That is your reality.

It isn't mine.

Is it easier been same sex with same sex been alike etc? Not been funny I just wondered.

Having had long term relats with 2 men and 2 women over the years, I would say it depends on the person, but yes I found it easier to get along with with the guys.

That said, one of the men was prone to diva strops but I put that down to him being latin "

Lol well its good to see you have found happyness now

over a year ago

I got the hang of it!

How did you hide the crazy? Before I realise I do have feelings for someone I naturally act nonchalant and it's the guy that puts the effort in. But as soon as I like them I change completely. Oh and if they then start pulling away or acting distant that makes me want them even more and all logic seems to leave me!

over a year ago

I got the hang of it!

How did you hide the crazy? Before I realise I do have feelings for someone I naturally act nonchalant and it's the guy that puts the effort in. But as soon as I like them I change completely. Oh and if they then start pulling away or acting distant that makes me want them even more and all logic seems to leave me!"

More fool them for leaving you or going distant.

Post new Message to Thread