Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Being recognised

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just had a message off someone putting my real name in the title. They said they know me and have done since we were kids but won't say who they are cos they've got a girlfriend.

I've reported the profile cos it freaks me out if I'm honest especially as I was stalked before and now that person is out of prison.

I took my face picture off early hours this morning an this message came through a couple hours ago. I've asked each time to tell me who it is cos it makes me feel uncomfortable asked how they would recognise me just from pictures of my tits and arse.

Nobody would recognise me just from the pictures I have unless they've actually been sent pictures of me semi naked.

I fucking hate this, I don't care if someone knows me as long as I know who it is

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Better to block and ignore it than go out of your mind with worry. Let admin deal with abuse if there is any.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Not much you can do about it really but if they won't tell you who they are then best to block them so they can't view your profile or pics anymore.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They aren't being abusive I just don't like the fact that someone knows my real name and they won't disclose who they are. Fucking sad act whoever it is.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Block them and ignore. These people feed on attention. You've reported them so let admin work on that. Sounds like he has more to lose than you if outed so just let him stew.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What is the purpose of the thread, OP. Are you asking for advice on what to do or did you want other people's experiences that are similar to yours?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can't see any reason for someone to get in contact just to say I know who you are unless it's to cause distress

Reply privately

over a year ago

It can't be someone that claims to have known me from a kid though can it cos they wouldn't be able to recognise me from just pictures of tits and arse, it's got to be someone that has seen me in similar pictures, I have visible tattoos but didn't have them as a kid and they can only be seen when I have underwear on so it's someone being a dick head innit?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It can't be someone that claims to have known me from a kid though can it cos they wouldn't be able to recognise me from just pictures of tits and arse, it's got to be someone that has seen me in similar pictures, I have visible tattoos but didn't have them as a kid and they can only be seen when I have underwear on so it's someone being a dick head innit? "

but you had a face pic up? I saw it. So could they.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"It can't be someone that claims to have known me from a kid though can it cos they wouldn't be able to recognise me from just pictures of tits and arse, it's got to be someone that has seen me in similar pictures, I have visible tattoos but didn't have them as a kid and they can only be seen when I have underwear on so it's someone being a dick head innit? "

Have you been on holiday with friends wearing swimwear or bikini where the tattoos may have been visible?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It can't be someone that claims to have known me from a kid though can it cos they wouldn't be able to recognise me from just pictures of tits and arse, it's got to be someone that has seen me in similar pictures, I have visible tattoos but didn't have them as a kid and they can only be seen when I have underwear on so it's someone being a dick head innit?

but you had a face pic up? I saw it. So could they. "

This is what I'm confused about. What are you reporting him for exactly? For recognising you? If you have face pictures on the internet they're there for everyone to see

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I had the same once, but I'm not a shy retiring sort, so lots know me.

I feel for you, as it's someone's power trip and especially concerning due to that other guy.

Perhaps apply some stricter message filters for a while.

Good luck!

Reply privately

over a year ago

You had face pics up, they messaged you to say they recognised you and knows you, but won't say who they are.

Not sure why you reported the profile if the message they sent wasn't abusive?

Just block the profile then they won't be able to contact you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It can't be someone that claims to have known me from a kid though can it cos they wouldn't be able to recognise me from just pictures of tits and arse, it's got to be someone that has seen me in similar pictures, I have visible tattoos but didn't have them as a kid and they can only be seen when I have underwear on so it's someone being a dick head innit?

This is what I'm confused about. What are you reporting him for exactly? For recognising you? If you have face pictures on the internet they're there for everyone to see"

Maybe they gave the OP abuse or threatened her in some way, otherwise I don't see the big deal.

Reply privately

over a year ago

but you had a face pic up? I saw it. So could they. "

I had that up for a few hours yesterday till early hours this morning. This person first messaged me two hours ago when there was no face picture up, if they'd seen the face picture when I questioned them on how they knew me then surely they'd have mentioned that they saw my face picture? I have asked twice how they can recognise me from just the pictures I have and they keep saying don't worry **** I won't tell anyone you're on here. I don't like the thought that someone knows me and they won't say who it is, don't like the over familiarity of using my first name and shit.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You've had the solution given to you. Block them, that's all you can do.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is what I'm confused about. What are you reporting him for exactly? For recognising you? If you have face pictures on the internet they're there for everyone to see"

Reply privately

over a year ago

We have our face pics on show , and run a small chain of retail shops . And we don't give a flying fuck who recognises us . If they are on here it's reasonable to suggest it's for the same reason as us . Sabrinas first boyfriend was on here , so when he contacted us we asked him if he fancied a meet

Reply privately

over a year ago

I better hide my pics....

Reply privately

over a year ago

This person is a stalker. Not good at all and a bit sinister. Like most people say try blocking him or just ask him politely to let you know who it is as what he is doing is not very nice. It might just be a friend pulling your leg, but the joke is wearing thing and isn't very nice to someone like yourself who just likes a bit of sexy fun now and again, but to do it for a period of time starts to become harassment.

Good luck and hugs

xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This person is a stalker. Not good at all and a bit sinister. Like most people say try blocking him or just ask him politely to let you know who it is as what he is doing is not very nice. It might just be a friend pulling your leg, but the joke is wearing thing and isn't very nice to someone like yourself who just likes a bit of sexy fun now and again, but to do it for a period of time starts to become harassment.

Good luck and hugs

xxx"

a stalker???? Get a grip.

Reply privately

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

"Not much you can do about it really but if they won't tell you who they are then best to block them so they can't view your profile or pics anymore."

if theyre a serious about stalking you they'll just come back with a different profile .u cant really stop them

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This person is a stalker. Not good at all and a bit sinister. Like most people say try blocking him or just ask him politely to let you know who it is as what he is doing is not very nice. It might just be a friend pulling your leg, but the joke is wearing thing and isn't very nice to someone like yourself who just likes a bit of sexy fun now and again, but to do it for a period of time starts to become harassment.

Good luck and hugs

xxx

a stalker???? Get a grip. "

If people don't want to be recognised, don't put face pics up.

Reply privately

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

im struggling to understand what you have reported him for ...you put a face pic up ...someone recognised you and later messaged you to tell you that ...did something else occur that i missed ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

How the devil can someone that's sent a few messages be classed as a stalker?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cuckoo.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"im struggling to understand what you have reported him for ...you put a face pic up ...someone recognised you and later messaged you to tell you that ...did something else occur that i missed ?"

I doubt it. .... I'm thinking someone is bored this evening

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ive just had a inbox that went.......

Are you that sexy guy with the big cock that fucked my 5 lady friends for 24hours last week and flooded the hotel room cuz they all cum that much..

My arm must have been the give away .

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

so someone messages someone who has their face pic on their profile and says, 'hi, I know you'..

surely anyone putting a face pic up in the first place would know that this is a possibility..?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive just had a inbox that went.......

Are you that sexy guy with the big cock that fucked my 5 lady friends for 24hours last week and flooded the hotel room cuz they all cum that much..

My arm must have been the give away . "

depends whether you were wearing your superman t shirt or not

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"im struggling to understand what you have reported him for ...you put a face pic up ...someone recognised you and later messaged you to tell you that ...did something else occur that i missed ?"

tbh this is why i am confused...

if you had your picture up and someone said they recognised you... and that was it.... I don't see what they have done wrong....

their discretion is as important as yours..... after all, they decided not to put up a public face pic... you did! that was your decision

because of your previous experience with stalking you may be reading a lot more into it than there actually.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

My arm must have been the give away .

depends whether you were wearing your superman t shirt or not "

I didnt think of that

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

So you start a thread, about another fab user, which may or may not be true, and we are supposed to take your word for it ?

Playing devils advocate here, but you could be bullshitting for any number of reasons, or not as the case maybe.

The block function is open to all users, use it.

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Oh and its insulting to think you are being stalked to those who have been and alerted authorities about it, jesus, grow up.

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Some people have more drama in their lives than others.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

OP, it may just be that they say your face picture before you took it down. They messaged you later.

It's a bit annoying and disconcerting that they know who you are but that you don't know who they are but that's the risk on here.

I'm not sure what more you expect of the site or comments from forum users after you have blocked and reported.

Be careful who you meet.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"im struggling to understand what you have reported him for ...you put a face pic up ...someone recognised you and later messaged you to tell you that ...did something else occur that i missed ?

tbh this is why i am confused...

if you had your picture up and someone said they recognised you... and that was it.... I don't see what they have done wrong....

their discretion is as important as yours..... after all, they decided not to put up a public face pic... you did! that was your decision

because of your previous experience with stalking you may be reading a lot more into it than there actually..... "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I swear sometimes people just read bits and not digest things properly.

I said my face picture WAS NOT public when this person messaged me, now if he had seen my face when I asked him 4 times how he knew me then surely the easiest thing would have been to say well duh I saw your face picture. He didn't mention anything about a face picture, that suggests to me that he only saw my profile the way it is now (with no face picture)

I didn't say I was being stalked I just said I find it very unnerving when someone says they know me and no matter how politely I ask, they won't disclose who they are. I do understand the seriousness of stalking as the man who did stalk me went to prison for it for 3.5 years and was released in January this year so given the past circumstances, shit like this freaks me out a little more than it would have had I not been stalked in the past and I'm not talking internet messages, without going in to detail but you only have to look at the length of his sentence to know it was a lot worse than a few stupid messages.

I said I don't care if anyone knows me, I meet enough people on here, I just don't like the fact that this person knows who I am yet won't tell me who they are.

Some of you lot are quite horrible fuck like get a grip.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Some people love more drama in their lives than others. "

Ive edited this for you

Reply privately

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

you put a face pic on public display ...someone recognised you ..it happens ..what does that have to do with stalking ?? ...im not getting the linkage ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe it's because if he tells you will instantly know him and because of job/ marriage ect he may be risking his anonymity .

Reply privately

By *elsh n wildCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff area

"They aren't being abusive I just don't like the fact that someone knows my real name and they won't disclose who they are. Fucking sad act whoever it is. "
don't think about it you will make yourself ill just block the will soon forget about it sad that your made to feel bad hugs to you xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

its most proberly someone from here that you have met in the past and is now trying to wind you up..? it would spook me out to be honest..just block them and forget them.dont let them get to you

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

He might have seen your face picture before you took it down and just not be telling you.

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I swear sometimes people just read bits and not digest things properly.

I said my face picture WAS NOT public when this person messaged me, now if he had seen my face when I asked him 4 times how he knew me then surely the easiest thing would have been to say well duh I saw your face picture. He didn't mention anything about a face picture, that suggests to me that he only saw my profile the way it is now (with no face picture)

I didn't say I was being stalked I just said I find it very unnerving when someone says they know me and no matter how politely I ask, they won't disclose who they are. I do understand the seriousness of stalking as the man who did stalk me went to prison for it for 3.5 years and was released in January this year so given the past circumstances, shit like this freaks me out a little more than it would have had I not been stalked in the past and I'm not talking internet messages, without going in to detail but you only have to look at the length of his sentence to know it was a lot worse than a few stupid messages.

I said I don't care if anyone knows me, I meet enough people on here, I just don't like the fact that this person knows who I am yet won't tell me who they are.

Some of you lot are quite horrible fuck like get a grip. "

Just because people are seeing other sides to this doesn't make them horrible, and if you had problems before, then you should know how to deal with this minor little blip, so someone said they know you, so what?!

I also think you are dramatising the whole thing. You know threads don't always go the way you want them to, so why post it in the first place, and seriously if you think people have been horrible, you obviously don't know what horrible is, seriously, block and move on.

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Oh and by calling this person a sad act, putting a thread up and h=going on and on about it, you are just feeding the monster, lets hope he doesn't read the forums, he will be laughing his tits off.

Reply privately

over a year ago

My arm must have been the give away . "

Able arm....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh and by calling this person a sad act, putting a thread up and h=going on and on about it, you are just feeding the monster, lets hope he doesn't read the forums, he will be laughing his tits off."

I hope he does read the forums.....it's a slow night here!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

We always show our face pics and change them regularly .... if someone recognises us, then we see that as a positive - in reality its not even a problem, We have seen people on here who we know in "real life", its no different to meeting someone you know in a pub or even a swinging club.

Some people are adult and sensible enough to actually 'understand' and not be paranoid.

We are all doing what everyone else wishes they could do

Reply privately

By *uicylucy76Woman
over a year ago

thornton cleveleys

Someone messages me last night saying they knew me. When I asked who it was they wouldn't say!.. Tbh I ended up thinking it was just some chancer trying anything to get a reply!

I'm single and most of my friends know I'm on here so have nothing to hide.. Just block them if u don't like it.

Reply privately

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Youve had face pics up. Someone you know has seen them. They are trying to wind you up. Best thing to do is block them.

Reply privately