Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Christmas Tragedy

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has anyone ever had something bad happen during the christmas period?

Me and the family did. It happened on christmas eve 22 years ago. I was 8 and my brother was 10. Back then, me and the family used to live in farnworth. That night, we went to Asda to do some last minute christmas shopping and when we got back, we discovered that our house had been burgled.

They had taken everything. The tv, the vcr, the hi-fi, all the presents, everything including the turkey and my dad's wages. They knocked the tree over and stomped the chocolates into the floor.

It was horrible. We told the police and they were useless. The neighbours were the same as all they could give me and my brother was a colouring book and some crayons. Like that was gonna make us feel better.

I've had many great christmases years later but I'll never forget the year of 1992 when our christmas was stolen

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes, a close family member died two days before Christmas

over a year ago

my mum burnt the turkey

over a year ago

Not as much as a tragedy but Xmas day I found out that my x and my bestfriend (ex) were due a baby I'd walked out on myself and 3children 3months before . It ruined my xmas

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Not a tragedy really but spent a few Christmas days on the children's oncology ward at St James' in Leeds as my sister had leukemia.

over a year ago

Hasn't this been on before?

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

"Hasn't this been on before?"

most subjects have been on before

over a year ago

Marks Mother died on xmas day 2003

over a year ago

"Has anyone ever had something bad happen during the christmas period?

Me and the family did. It happened on christmas eve 22 years ago. I was 8 and my brother was 10. Back then, me and the family used to live in farnworth. That night, we went to Asda to do some last minute christmas shopping and when we got back, we discovered that our house had been burgled.

They had taken everything. The tv, the vcr, the hi-fi, all the presents, everything including the turkey and my dad's wages. They knocked the tree over and stomped the chocolates into the floor.

It was horrible. We told the police and they were useless. The neighbours were the same as all they could give me and my brother was a colouring book and some crayons. Like that was gonna make us feel better.

I've had many great christmases years later but I'll never forget the year of 1992 when our christmas was stolen"

Yes truly a traumatic Period for you to go through and More Or less getting through It all by Yourselfs you may have handled It better than most people would In the Same circumstance,s as yourselves, It Also highlights the mindset of a villain cold and unscrulpulous, takeing And destroying what they can,t

have, they had the right Idea what To Do with low life of that Ilk from the Early 19th century and before when They were Sentenced In court the scum That carry out these acts today Have It easy like the ones who beat old Ladies up In their homes or outside, When caught they ought to let two heavy,s kick the shit out of them Before locking them up and where the

Old ladies don,t recover make sure Those bastards don,t either...

over a year ago

I call it the christmas curse. Every year since as far back as I can remember during the two weeks before or after christmas something has gone bad. Somtimes a minor thing, sometimes devastating.

To name but a few...

Made redundant 3 days before xmas.

Dumped xmas eve at a party I was hosting at the girls request.

Grandmother died new years eve.

Arrested for a very serious crime I did not commit a week before xmas (bailed for 6 months then all charges dropped)

My dogs cancer developed to much for him to continue so a week after christmas we had to say goodbye, the day before tge apoointment our second dog collapsed, we had to let both of them go the next day.

Multiple years of early childhood christmas was celebrated by my parents having huge rows christmas day or boxing day.

I could go on but you get the idea. So now I dont see it as will something go wrong but waiting to see what, and as my boss is talking possible redundancies.....

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I call it the christmas curse. Every year since as far back as I can remember during the two weeks before or after christmas something has gone bad. Somtimes a minor thing, sometimes devastating.

To name but a few...

Made redundant 3 days before xmas.

Dumped xmas eve at a party I was hosting at the girls request.

Grandmother died new years eve.

Arrested for a very serious crime I did not commit a week before xmas (bailed for 6 months then all charges dropped)

My dogs cancer developed to much for him to continue so a week after christmas we had to say goodbye, the day before tge apoointment our second dog collapsed, we had to let both of them go the next day.

Multiple years of early childhood christmas was celebrated by my parents having huge rows christmas day or boxing day.

I could go on but you get the idea. So now I dont see it as will something go wrong but waiting to see what, and as my boss is talking possible redundancies....."

Blimey. That sure is bad for all that stuff to happen around christmastime

over a year ago

Sucks eh kinda makes you dread christmas and hope when the curse strikes it will go easy on you this year

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

My dad had a heart attack two days before Christmas went into a coma and died new years day

By *overs14Couple
over a year ago

norwich

My mum died not just before Xmas when I was 10. And last year we had to have our cat put to sleep 2 days before Xmas.

over a year ago

22 nd december - 4 am in the morning - back door smashed in by 3 junkies (no keith lemmon jokes please) - terrified us all especially my girlie who was quite young at the time - only thing taken was my bag ( the one time i had left it downstairs in the kitchen) - spent the next day with forensics and police and getting new door - the now ex then popped off to the pub as per usual and just left us - i remember us all just sat numb in the lounge not daring to do anything - we left him 3 months later for a whole heap of reasons but this was the beginning of the end for us

over a year ago

My grandad died NYE of Lung Cancer, a week before when I came to visit him in hospital and the nurse said "he's got months left yet" She shouldn't of said that.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

A relative died on Xmas day and we got a phone call. Wasn't a good Xmas that year. 1980 or something.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

My dad died just a couple of weeks before Christmas. That was pretty bad.

over a year ago

When I was a child we had moved area... As the house was being decorated me and my mum stayed at my grandparents. My dad secretly emptied the house of all.our things and.left us.. On 20th December. My mum had £25 cash only.

Years later, we were burgled on 17 December, they didn't get much, as they were disturbed but did cut the branches off the Xmas tree.

6 years ago, my cat was I'll over Xmas, had to get him put to sleep on 2 January.

That's why I'm not a winter person...

over a year ago

Yes I have experienced tragedy over the Christmas period.

over a year ago

I've had many great christmases years later but I'll never forget the year of 1992 when our christmas was stolen Yes truly a traumatic Period for you to go through and More Or less getting through It all by Yourselfs you may have handled It better than most people would In the Same circumstance,s as yourselves, It Also highlights the mindset of a villain cold and unscrulpulous, takeing And destroying what they can,t

have, they had the right Idea what To Do with low life of that Ilk from the Early 19th century and before when They were Sentenced In court the scum That carry out these acts today Have It easy like the ones who beat old Ladies up In their homes or outside, When caught they ought to let two heavy,s kick the shit out of them Before locking them up and where the

Old ladies don,t recover make sure Those bastards don,t either... "

I think being late for Attending christmas dinner with family

pleased to say was all.

By *uslaffMan
over a year ago

manchester

Think it was 1979,had been a bad year,my dad had been made redundant,so there was little money around. I woke up xmas morning,to discover a shiny Raleigh commando bike.

I quite clearly remember asking for a Raleigh grifter,the worst christmas ever,still not forgiven my parents and probably never will.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Yes.

Relatives come over.

over a year ago

Yes, my best friend/partner passed away on the 22nd.

By *a-ra-ra-boom-de-ayCouple
over a year ago

Wish it was the Algarve! Aberdeenshire

Yes my dad died 2 weeks before christmas 1999, had big plans to celebrate the millennium. Well to say that didnt happen.

2009 our house burned down on christmas day! Yip that sucked too..

over a year ago

Yes as a nurse I've lost many patients on Christmas Eve night or Christmas Day. Life is more valuable than presents

As a child I had lots of bad Christmases due to my dad getting d*unk and kicking off but the other Christmas were great.

I think we need to focus more on what we have rather than what we haven't got x

over a year ago

I have had a few bad things to happen at Christmas. One year all my daughters presents were stolen when my house got burgled, another year two very close friends died with in a week of each other.

On Christmas day in 2012 I had my first stroke in front of my three children, had my second more serious stoke first week in January I was in 37 at the time . For this Christmas just going to surround my self with loved ones and not worry about a thing.

over a year ago

"I have had a few bad things to happen at Christmas. One year all my daughters presents were stolen when my house got burgled, another year two very close friends died with in a week of each other.

On Christmas day in 2012 I had my first stroke in front of my three children, had my second more serious stoke first week in January I was in 37 at the time . For this Christmas just going to surround my self with loved ones and not worry about a thing. "

Forgot to add it's been a long two years battling to get my health back but nearly getting there. I am just glad to still be here and my kids still have a mum

over a year ago

My dad was brought up by his gran, she died on christmas day when I was little.

I broke up with my first serious g/f a couple of days before Christmas, it's also my birthday christmas eve so that was a bit shit. Not least as my brother saw her with someone else and took great pleasure in telling me.

And I got attacked and hospitalised on NYE once.

In the scheme of things, nothing that major and shot can happen at any point in the year

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I was homeless (rough sleeping) one Christmas and I was in a god awful place one Christmas..

By *elsh n wildCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff area

My cat got ran over xmas eve

over a year ago

Yes a very close friend of mine passed away from cancer on boxing day 8 years ago. One thing I do is take flowers to his grave every boxing day morning. Rip mate

over a year ago

When I was a very young child my dad's brother died on Christmas morning. I remember seeing my dad cry for the first time. It was heartbreaking x

over a year ago

My little brother was born on 20th december seriously ill, was in hospital all of Christmas and passed away 3 weeks later x

Then my little sister a few years later was born with health issues and spent her first Christmas in hospital.

It's safe to say I don't celebrate Christmas and will be spending it in canada this year just me and the hubby xx

over a year ago

"Yes as a nurse I've lost many patients on Christmas Eve night or Christmas Day. Life is more valuable than presents

"

had that too

I do community nursing, last year I went into the home of a man I'd been going into for a number of years and found him dead xmas eve, I was very found of him and it really upset me, when the paramedics came out one of them told me I was unprofessional for being upset

over a year ago

My sons first christmas this year but his dad passed away when.he was 3 months old im dreading it the thought makes me sick.x

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"My sons first christmas this year but his dad passed away when.he was 3 months old im dreading it the thought makes me sick.x"

Oh god that's awful..chin up lovely xxx

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Yes as a nurse I've lost many patients on Christmas Eve night or Christmas Day. Life is more valuable than presents

had that too

I do community nursing, last year I went into the home of a man I'd been going into for a number of years and found him dead xmas eve, I was very found of him and it really upset me, when the paramedics came out one of them told me I was unprofessional for being upset "

I found someone hanging I was supporting and sobbed my heart out we deal with things in different ways...

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I've gone off Christmas.

over a year ago

"I've gone off Christmas."

me too, it's to expensive

over a year ago

had that too

I do community nursing, last year I went into the home of a man I'd been going into for a number of years and found him dead xmas eve, I was very found of him and it really upset me, when the paramedics came out one of them told me I was unprofessional for being upset "

It's not unprofessional at all. I work in a hospice and I have openly cried with my patients family's. The family's appreciate that there relative isn't just a number. A decent nurse has a bond with his/her patients.

over a year ago

when I was about 10 my older brother got beat up realy bad and I remember going into see him in hospital, seeing him looking so bad, gave me nightmares for some time.

over a year ago

It wouldnt be a tragedy for other people but it was for me I had keep going to the. Vets because my german sheperd almost died of blastomycosis when I was 15, it was on boxing day till the next year....

By *oxy-blonde-vixenWoman
over a year ago

Peterborough

I hated Christmas for many reasons for a long time then a few years back a neighbour banged on the door she was 37 weeks pregnant

I delivered her baby at 12.05 am Christmas day that changed it all for me

We buy each other a special bauble for our trees every year although we live a long way from each other now

D x

over a year ago

"I think we need to focus more on what we have rather than what we haven't got x "

which is why I've asked for nothing this year x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I hated Christmas for many reasons for a long time then a few years back a neighbour banged on the door she was 37 weeks pregnant

We buy each other a special bauble for our trees every year although we live a long way from each other now

D x

"

That's a very nice story. What a Christmas!

over a year ago

Peterborough

"I hated Christmas for many reasons for a long time then a few years back a neighbour banged on the door she was 37 weeks pregnant

D x

That's a very nice story. What a Christmas! "

Yep and I've made a point to make every single one special since

D x

over a year ago

I've had many great christmases years later but I'll never forget the year of 1992 when our christmas was stolen"

That's sad but at least find solace in that nobody was hurt.

I dislike the forced jovial atmosphere,it's incredibly nauseating but for my son I do make an effort.

I've worked in hospitals and nursing homes and sat with dying folk. Nothing humbles or makes you appreciate life more than witnessing and caring for another human as they slip away. OH..sorry. I'm getting all maudlin.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

D x

That's a very nice story. What a Christmas!

Yep and I've made a point to make every single one special since

D x "

Good, I like to hear that. Christmas should be about what YOU want it to be not what everyone else says it should

over a year ago

Peterborough

I've had many great christmases years later but I'll never forget the year of 1992 when our christmas was stolen

That's sad but at least find solace in that nobody was hurt.

I dislike the forced jovial atmosphere,it's incredibly nauseating but for my son I do make an effort.

I've worked in hospitals and nursing homes and sat with dying folk. Nothing humbles or makes you appreciate life more than witnessing and caring for another human as they slip away. OH..sorry. I'm getting all maudlin."

I've replied to you privately sweetheart

D x

Post new Message to Thread