Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Scratters

Jump to newest

By *all-Eddies Qos OP   Couple
over a year ago

wirral

some scratters have just banged on my living room window.

I'm in the house with only my 13 year old daughter.

Obviously worst case scenario going through my head....I'm ready to fight to protect my daughter and our home.

Scary stuff...thinking about weapons, crow bar, hammer, cricket bats.

Hate being without my man at nights

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

What's a scratter?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

What the hell is a scratter

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

is a scratter a bit like an obnoxious little scrote..

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

According to Urban Dictionary its.....Miserable ignorant track-suit wearing trash exemplifying the shit-encrusted population of the British Isles. Abusive dole-scum.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

wondered what this was going to be about - try and think positive - theyve made you jump - jangled all your nerves and put you on edge but theyre down the road now and forgotten all about what theyve done to you - onto the next one - it is scary though - im alone now and when it was just me and the kids i got all protective - now i feel vulnerable - xxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

wirral

"According to Urban Dictionary its.....Miserable ignorant track-suit wearing trash exemplifying the shit-encrusted population of the British Isles. Abusive dole-scum. "

Exactly right.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Oh we don't really have that kind of person , I don't own cricket bats and crowbars even if we did

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"some scratters have just banged on my living room window.

I'm in the house with only my 13 year old daughter.

Obviously worst case scenario going through my head....I'm ready to fight to protect my daughter and our home.

Scary stuff...thinking about weapons, crow bar, hammer, cricket bats.

Hate being without my man at nights "

Describe bang, them just fucking about as they walk past, or something a tad more sinister?

over a year ago

wirral

"Oh we don't really have that kind of person , I don't own cricket bats and crowbars even if we did

"

I don't "have" that kind of person, find it hard to believe that there are no scratters where you live......

As for weapons.....my o.h actually plays cricket for a team and has more tools than anyone I've ever known

You'd be surprised what counts as a weapon when you are scared witless

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've never felt scared in my home, thankfully. Well, apart from the mouse in my hair.

Make sure everything is locked up and I am sure you will be fine. They will have moved on.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Oh we don't really have that kind of person , I don't own cricket bats and crowbars even if we did

I don't "have" that kind of person, find it hard to believe that there are no scratters where you live......

As for weapons.....my o.h actually plays cricket for a team and has more tools than anyone I've ever known

You'd be surprised what counts as a weapon when you are scared witless "

we don't, 20 years I've lived in my house and I've not had a "scratter" yet. If your that scared why not call the police

over a year ago

wirral

Anyone who walks 15 feet across a garden to bang repeatedly on a window and disappears straight away can't be up to any good....

Makes me think they were watching to see who came out, as a woman, id always send him to look, then the scumbags would see him, and maybe think twice?

Testing the waters .

over a year ago

Hellooo Daaave!

Now I've scared myself

over a year ago

wirral

Phone the police because someone banged on the window....hmmmm I doubt they'd be too bothered about that....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Phone the police because someone banged on the window....hmmmm I doubt they'd be too bothered about that...."
well your the one that said you where scared whitless

By *avebi48Man
over a year ago

Lordswood

if they've crossed your garden then they've trespassed, but you won't be able to ID them which won't help. Catch-22 if the law do stop them they may come back with different intentions. Maybe get a sensor light fitted to deter that sort?

over a year ago

wirral

"Phone the police because someone banged on the window....hmmmm I doubt they'd be too bothered about that....well your the one that said you where scared whitless

"

I am. But be realistic....I live in an area full of these types, also lots of trouble with the travellers. We had our back window smashed and a bike stolen...took them over a week to come out.

we should just move near you....sounds idyllic

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Phone the police because someone banged on the window....hmmmm I doubt they'd be too bothered about that....well your the one that said you where scared whitless

I am. But be realistic....I live in an area full of these types, also lots of trouble with the travellers. We had our back window smashed and a bike stolen...took them over a week to come out.

we should just move near you....sounds idyllic "

it is, regular for mites have been to my house they can tell you how nice it is

over a year ago

i have a thing i do when i leave the house now that im alone - before i close the front door i shout into the house 'see you soon' - i think im going mad slightly but i think if anybody is watching for me going out they will think someone is in the house and not try and do anything or try to get in - paranoid me - too right

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

we should just move near you....sounds idyllic it is, regular for mites have been to my house they can tell you how nice it is "

It is lovely...peaceful and the people are lovely.

over a year ago

wirral

I'm not talking about how nice the house is, I'm taking about people. You can live in a lovely area in a lovely home but there is nothing stopping scumbags being around. If anything the nicer the area the more likely it is. You never heard of the phrase "you don't shit on your own doorstep"

I have lived on council estates and in a very wealthy area....I got my house broken into when I lived in a wealthy area.....never had ANY trouble when lived amongst prostitutes, smackheads,and ordinary working class people

over a year ago

"i have a thing i do when i leave the house now that im alone - before i close the front door i shout into the house 'see you soon' - i think im going mad slightly but i think if anybody is watching for me going out they will think someone is in the house and not try and do anything or try to get in - paranoid me - too right "

Good idea.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I'd be scared shitless if someone knocked on my window.

I'm on the 3rd floor

over a year ago

wirral

"i have a thing i do when i leave the house now that im alone - before i close the front door i shout into the house 'see you soon' - i think im going mad slightly but i think if anybody is watching for me going out they will think someone is in the house and not try and do anything or try to get in - paranoid me - too right "

Rather be paranoid than not...too many horrible people around x

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I'm not talking about how nice the house is, I'm taking about people. You can live in a lovely area in a lovely home but there is nothing stopping scumbags being around. If anything the nicer the area the more likely it is. You never heard of the phrase "you don't shit on your own doorstep"

I have lived on council estates and in a very wealthy area....I got my house broken into when I lived in a wealthy area.....never had ANY trouble when lived amongst prostitutes, smackheads,and ordinary working class people"

Get a dog?

over a year ago

wirral

"I'd be scared shitless if someone knocked on my window.

I'm on the 3rd floor "

I used to be scared to look out of upstairs windows in case someone was floating like in the lost boys

By *omCoyoteMan
over a year ago

Northern England

"Hellooo Daaave!

Now I've scared myself "

over a year ago

wirral

My beloved doesn't want any pets.....maybe if I "find" a puppy

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"According to Urban Dictionary its.....Miserable ignorant track-suit wearing trash exemplifying the shit-encrusted population of the British Isles. Abusive dole-scum. "

Ohhhhhhh........ I thought is was the left over batter scraps they scoop out the fryers at the chippy.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"My beloved doesn't want any pets.....maybe if I "find" a puppy"
I have an English Bull Terrier Cross, total baby in the house but will rip the shit out of anyone trying to break in.

over a year ago

"Phone the police because someone banged on the window....hmmmm I doubt they'd be too bothered about that...."

In norfolk an old guy called the police to tell them two guys were breaking into his shed. The operator said they were very busy and as no person was in danger gave him an incident number and said to call back later and they might come round.

He called back straight away, told the operator not to worry as he had shot them. Ten minutes later place was full of police, guns and all, they found two guys hiding in the shed.

Police said to the guy..thought you said you had shot them?

He says..thought you were busy

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"I'm not talking about how nice the house is, I'm taking about people. You can live in a lovely area in a lovely home but there is nothing stopping scumbags being around. If anything the nicer the area the more likely it is. You never heard of the phrase "you don't shit on your own doorstep"

I have lived on council estates and in a very wealthy area....I got my house broken into when I lived in a wealthy area.....never had ANY trouble when lived amongst prostitutes, smackheads,and ordinary working class people"

I'm not talking about the house but the area, quiet little market town.

over a year ago

over a year ago

wirral

"My beloved doesn't want any pets.....maybe if I "find" a puppyI have an English Bull Terrier Cross, total baby in the house but will rip the shit out of anyone trying to break in."

My old dog was great with kids but was a shit gaurd dog....he used to get attacked by the rabbit

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"My beloved doesn't want any pets.....maybe if I "find" a puppyI have an English Bull Terrier Cross, total baby in the house but will rip the shit out of anyone trying to break in.

My old dog was great with kids but was a shit gaurd dog....he used to get attacked by the rabbit "

Well it would put some off having a reasonable sized dog in the house....just sayin...

over a year ago

It's scary as hell. I'd try and ignore it. They will be looking for a reaction. They will hopefully get bored and bother someone else instead. Check all the house is locked up and keep a phone with you just in case.

over a year ago

wirral

Think I'm going to have to beg and beg

over a year ago

I think the fear is just in your head.

Switch the TV on watch a comedy and forget about it.

over a year ago

wirral

"I think the fear is just in your head.

Switch the TV on watch a comedy and forget about it."

No, I was scared before....it's not the first time something like this has happened

I'm ok now though x

Post new Message to Thread