Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

high street shops

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

So where do you think high street shops will be in 10 years time. Amazon are going to be joining up with a company in the near future to get goods delivered with in half an hour of being purchased. Think its going to be trialled in Cambridgeshire.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So where do you think high street shops will be in 10 years time. Amazon are going to be joining up with a company in the near future to get goods delivered with in half an hour of being purchased. Think its going to be trialled in Cambridgeshire.

"

I wonder how much thought they have given the this. It sometimes takes me that long to get across town to see my daughter. They must be airlifting goods in

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I think the high street will have touch and feel shops where you can compare or experience the item. You'll then go home and buy it online.

Or, there will continue to be shops for people like me who don't really buy things online.

over a year ago

have no idea but its this time of year i miss the local Woolworths

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

"So where do you think high street shops will be in 10 years time. Amazon are going to be joining up with a company in the near future to get goods delivered with in half an hour of being purchased. Think its going to be trialled in Cambridgeshire.

I wonder how much thought they have given the this. It sometimes takes me that long to get across town to see my daughter. They must be airlifting goods in "

Long term, they plan to, they are trialling drones in US as we speak

over a year ago

I wonder how much thought they have given the this. It sometimes takes me that long to get across town to see my daughter. They must be airlifting goods in "

they are its called an octopocter or something can carry 5lb

over a year ago

"I think the high street will have touch and feel shops where you can compare or experience the item. You'll then go home and buy it online.

Or, there will continue to be shops for people like me who don't really buy things online.

"

I think exactly the same

over a year ago

"have no idea but its this time of year i miss the local Woolworths "
Woolies were great

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The increase in home deliveries is being cited as one of the reasons for increased congestion in London. BoJo's office was looking at this earlier this year, I think.

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

As for the high street, they will continue in decline unless we see some significant step change is how wee receive what a high street should be like. Like it or not, online will be here for a long time and will always be cheaper - it's a shame but it is reality. Life has changed, we need to change with it, but god knows how we do it.

over a year ago

"have no idea but its this time of year i miss the local Woolworths Woolies were great "
they were talking about it on the radio when they went bust. . Everyone said they loved them. . But no bugger went in to buy stuff !

over a year ago

"have no idea but its this time of year i miss the local Woolworths "

Yeah I miss the cheesy decs

over a year ago

Argos are moving into homebase

Downsizing is the new black

over a year ago

I buy online but pick.up.in store.. There are often more voucher codes online so I pay less.

I still buy most things in store..

Post new Message to Thread