Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dressing Up (Fancy Dress)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

School run this morning was ace seeing all the children dressing up for Children in Need

What was the best costume you ever owned as a youngster, or the best you have made for someone else?

I'll confess im not a hands on 'creative' type.. if ebay make it.. i'll buy it :D

Best i had was a maypole dress that my grandma had made for me when i was 6years old.. was gorgeous

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't recall fancy dress outfits from my childhood. But me and my friends all had pink jackets and pretended we were the pink ladies from grease

It's reminded me of one Christmas my son had to be a star in the nativity so I made him some silver trousers it wasn't until he was on stage that I realised one leg was around 2 inch shorter than the other

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Best I've probably made was when my kids were 3 and 4 and had a joint birthday party with a Star Wars theme. I sewed their Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker costumes from their old cot sheets

By *andl76Couple
over a year ago

north east

I had an astronaut outfit with NASA patches on the sleeve and a white helmet with a slider up and down visor - rarely took it off

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

i will get more creative

Post new Message to Thread