Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A new topic never previously discussed!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Well it is an interesting twist on other themes... stick with it.

Having used the search function I have never heard of this occuring.

Stolen verifications!

A friend of mine has noticed that a chap has left a verification for a lady that sounded similar to a verification I left for her. When I say similar, it was word for word identical

Now there is a slim possibility that the circumstances were identical and the meet went exactly the same, but as it was a social coffee, who in their right mind would just copy / paste that?

I am miffed as I spend a considerable amount of time writing honest, descriptive and accurate accounts of the meets I have. Clearly it was an impressive verification as he couldn't have put it any better himself. Or couldn't be arsed to.

I have taken a deep breath, counted to ten, but I'm still fuming.

The thought that people would read verifications left to someone else, come across an identical verification I had left, then think I had stole it annoys me. Not everyone pays attention to detail so might think I am incapable of original thought.

As I seek guidance from the wise forumites and I'm not just ranting, what should I do?

Currently the options under consideration are:

A. Message said thundercunt, telling him to string his own words together and write his own verification for that meet.

B. Message the lady in question, asking her to politely remove the verification as it isnt his words.

C. Report him to admin.

D. Laugh it off as imitation being the sincerest form of flattery.

Also, does it count as a genuine verification?

Your views are appreciated

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

All 4?

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

C - best way.

over a year ago

"Report him to admin" for what exactly?

Copying someone else's words? If that were the case you might as well get busy and report everyone on the site,including admin themselves.

over a year ago

Message her and ask her to look at the verification you left and notice the lack of differences.....I'm betting she won't be pleased!

I wouldn't be

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I once had someone write me a veri that contained about half of another veri I had on display - not very original! So I never displayed it.

over a year ago

"Well it is an interesting twist on other themes... stick with it.

Having used the search function I have never heard of this occuring.

Stolen verifications!

A friend of mine has noticed that a chap has left a verification for a lady that sounded similar to a verification I left for her. When I say similar, it was word for word identical

Now there is a slim possibility that the circumstances were identical and the meet went exactly the same, but as it was a social coffee, who in their right mind would just copy / paste that?

I am miffed as I spend a considerable amount of time writing honest, descriptive and accurate accounts of the meets I have. Clearly it was an impressive verification as he couldn't have put it any better himself. Or couldn't be arsed to.

I have taken a deep breath, counted to ten, but I'm still fuming.

The thought that people would read verifications left to someone else, come across an identical verification I had left, then think I had stole it annoys me. Not everyone pays attention to detail so might think I am incapable of original thought.

As I seek guidance from the wise forumites and I'm not just ranting, what should I do?

Currently the options under consideration are:

A. Message said thundercunt, telling him to string his own words together and write his own verification for that meet.

B. Message the lady in question, asking her to politely remove the verification as it isnt his words.

C. Report him to admin.

D. Laugh it off as imitation being the sincerest form of flattery.

Also, does it count as a genuine verification?

Your views are appreciated "

E. Hunt him down

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'd be a bit miffed if it was a creative one. I only get one moment of creativity a week and to have it pirated would be a bit vexing.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

""Report him to admin" for what exactly?

Copying someone else's words? If that were the case you might as well get busy and report everyone on the site,including admin themselves."

If it's word for word then yes, I would report that, I don't think it's quite cricket.

over a year ago

Ive had this happen to me

A verification I gave a friend was copied and pasted by another couple and by complete fluke given to someone else I know,thats how I noticed it

Cheeeky buggers

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Did it not ring any bells when she read it?

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Thing is, Mr Marmite, it might have been a veri left by your (unknown) twin brother. It will learn you not to leave lovely veris. Just put "doable" or "better than a wank" or something.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

i would read it and forget about it in a nano second ...not really important in the great scheme of things

By *SweetVioletxWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm going to own up now to the fact I am stealing the word thudercunt from you. I need it in my life.

over a year ago

"Message her and ask her to look at the verification you left and notice the lack of differences.....I'm betting she won't be pleased!

I wouldn't be "

I agree, but also its made me wonder if he copied your text whether the meet was real or just a fake veri? Just a thought

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

"I'm going to own up now to the fact I am stealing the word thudercunt from you. I need it in my life."

I was thinking the same, its a great word!

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"C - best way."

what she says

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

I've had someone steal part of my profile, only noticed it because they were constantly on my who's looked at me list. Had to delete my profile and start again. Didn't want the hassle of confronting them.

over a year ago

I am loathe to swear, but occasionally you cannot find a word of sufficient gravitas to convey your meaning.

Thundercunt is an essential addition to any lexicon. Feel free to adopt it

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

That is truly quite odd. Is it an odd and misguided attempt at lamp-post pissing or the ultimate in laziness? I suppose it's flattering in a most annoying way but my mind is boggled. Why bother?

over a year ago

"I am loathe to swear, but occasionally you cannot find a word of sufficient gravitas to convey your meaning.

Thundercunt is an essential addition to any lexicon. Feel free to adopt it "

I think I will! Sounds even better if you say it in an aussie accent too somehow.....

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Unless you're jk Rowling and stand to lose tons of money, meets or reputation points it's the type of thing to just let float over your head.

The impact upon you is negligible to none and none of us own copyright to veri text of sipping an americano etc.

Someone with disabilities may have found some comfort copying it, to prevent typos etc.

Ultimately they are not pretending to be you, just possibly using your inspiration to record a meeting with someone.

This won't curry favour with some, but we do need somewhat thick skin and I wonder whether you'd be better off just shrugging and smiling that someone liked your style.

over a year ago

I'd just let it be.

so option D for me.

over a year ago

Mail her and tell her.

over a year ago

I have re-read the verification and discovered it is TWO verifications I left put into one!

I will mull this over. Tempted to put them all up for comparison though...

over a year ago

""Report him to admin" for what exactly?

Copying someone else's words? If that were the case you might as well get busy and report everyone on the site,including admin themselves.

If it's word for word then yes, I would report that, I don't think it's quite cricket."

And what do you expect admin to do by way of a response? Give him a ban for copying and pasting a veri? Most verifications are much of a muchness,best to ignore n move on.why fuel a fire that isn't there?

over a year ago

I am wondering out loud if the lady in question has set up a fake account and made the fake verification herself? I just can't see why a bloke would do this and come across to the lady as a wanker? Unless he really did do it as an insult?

over a year ago

So here we have it:

Mr Marmite (43), Man on 22 April 2014 by Meeting in person:

I had the pleasure of meeting this lovely lady for a coffee and a chat, and my word, so good to hear a friendly and familiar accent! It had me harking back to t'days on't cobbled streets oop north... Seriously though, clearly educated and easy to talk to, although I could only manage 70% chatting to face, 30% to her ample bosom! Thanks for taking the time to meet, hope you enjoy the match!

And

Mr Marmite (43), Man on 7 July 2014 by Meeting in person:

I feel obliged to verify this sex bomb for a second time, as meeting is believing! Sometimes when you read a verification, you sometimes get the feeling it may just be flattery to guarantee a second meet? Not so with this fine specimen of Northern sexiness. Chatty, cheeky, naughty, horny, chatty, sexy, chatty and unbelievable in the boudoir. If you are fortunate to make it on to her very selective list of potential playmates, don't blow it. You will regret missing out on her! I will not say what her extra special talent is, but believe me, feeling is believing! Thank you for a fantastic meet, hopefully you will become my guilty pleasure / addiction! xxx

His verification.

on 4 November 2014 by Meeting in person:

I had the pleasure of meeting this lovely lady for a coffee and a chat, Thanks for taking the time to meet, I feel obliged to verify this sex bomb as meeting is believing! Sometimes when you read a verification, you sometimes get the feeling it may just be flattery to guarantee a second meet? Not so with this fine specimen of sexiness. Chatty, cheeky, naughty, horny, chatty, sexy and chatty. If you are fortunate to make it on to her very selective list of potential playmates, don't blow it. You will regret missing out on her! Thank you for a fantastic meet

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

To be honest I'd just laugh. Why get worked up over something so trivial. You would only have to look at the dates to see you left yours first

over a year ago

over a year ago

True. Just like I said I put a lot of effort in when I write them and thats why I'm peeved

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

""

over a year ago

"True. Just like I said I put a lot of effort in when I write them and thats why I'm peeved"

Once the veri is 'out there' it's not yours to control though is it?

The person could leave or choose not to show ~ would that be annoying too?

I'm just trying to show you a balanced view....

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"True. Just like I said I put a lot of effort in when I write them and thats why I'm peeved"

I wonder why the lady didn't notice?!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Consider making your social meet /other veris more factual information than like a sonnet to treasure.

Prompt arrival. Charming. Recommended.

Etc

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Consider making your social meet /other veris more factual information than like a sonnet to treasure.

Prompt arrival. Charming. Recommended.

Etc "

Like ebay:

***** Would meet again

over a year ago

"True. Just like I said I put a lot of effort in when I write them and thats why I'm peeved

Once the veri is 'out there' it's not yours to control though is it?

The person could leave or choose not to show ~ would that be annoying too?

I'm just trying to show you a balanced view...."

Dont mind them being not shown. And Steve, it's a lady I never met.

Probably just let it go.

Still a thundercunt though...

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The subject has been covered on the forum before. The OP has since moved into a relationship and his single profile is no longer on here. I can't remember what the thread title was though and as so many have "verification" in the subject line I doubt it would come up on a search.

I have had one of mine plagiarised too.

By *ust MonicaWoman
over a year ago

CAMBRIDGESHIRE

F Arrange to meet her and see if it was an accurate description?

Ps. Also going to steel thundercunt please

over a year ago

"F Arrange to meet her and see if it was an accurate description?

Ps. Also going to steel thundercunt please"

Help yourself! I have enough thundercunts for everyone

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Marmite, I meant I wonder why the lady didn't notice that she had 2 identical veris?!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Marmite, I meant I wonder why the lady didn't notice that she had 2 identical veris?! "

She didn't, I don't think. I read it as two women, one of whom Marmite has met twice, have the same verifications.

over a year ago

We have had this topic at least twice before as I recall and it smacks of laziness. Saying that there are so many verifications that are similar I have come to the conclusion once met people can get lazy rather than inventive and plagiarise its the same with profiles. I like the idea of reporting though as if they have genuine met what is there to report its not as if people can copy-write verifications or profiles for that matter.

over a year ago

My two verifications are for a lady I met twice. The third veri was someone elses veri of a different lady. That veri was the cut and paste of my veris. I didn't want to use names.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/11/14 23:10:01]

over a year ago

I amend the title to not discussed recently.

I feel for the lady who got the veri as basically all the guy typed was ctrl+c, ctrl+v. Delete a bit ctrl+c, ctrl+v. Sad really.

Post new Message to Thread