Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lovesickness

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When you find yourself desperately attracted to someone who doesn't feel the same way, or is oblivious to your feelings, how do you cope?

For those with previous experience, what methods did you find helped you overcome those painful emotions?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Post a meet n go n fuck someone's brains out! (Only joking) but go and enjoy yourself.

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

"When you find yourself desperately attracted to someone who doesn't feel the same way, or is oblivious to your feelings, how do you cope?

For those with previous experience, what methods did you find helped you overcome those painful emotions? "

Move on. Time does heal.

over a year ago

"When you find yourself desperately attracted to someone who doesn't feel the same way, or is oblivious to your feelings, how do you cope?

For those with previous experience, what methods did you find helped you overcome those painful emotions? "

I've got a swinging brick for a heart so it doesn't happen to me but I hear the best way to deal with a broken heart is gin and plenty of it, oh and loose women, NOT the ones on telly.

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

[Removed by poster at 13/11/14 10:46:03]

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Give yourself a slap and say "Move on you pussy". Works for me.

over a year ago

Come here for a big hug and a brew!! Xx

over a year ago

Time eases the pain

Good mates distracting you also

over a year ago

I had to distance myself from my emotions about the person. It wasn't easy but over a period of a few weeks it eased.

over a year ago

Two different situations in your question.

If she doesn't feel the same way you need to move on. Surround yourself with positivity. Take care if you, hit the gym, meet great people, read fabulous books, travel and take your mind off her.

However, if she is oblivious to your feelings, then you need to grow a pair and tell her. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck!

over a year ago

I think you have to tell them about it, or at least talk to them.

I'm in that infatuation stage with someone, it kind of feels like love, do you think it might be this or have you felt that way a long time now?

over a year ago

"

However, if she is oblivious to your feelings, then you need to grow a pair and tell her. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck!"

"I think you have to tell them about it, or at least talk to them.

I'm in that infatuation stage with someone, it kind of feels like love, do you think it might be this or have you felt that way a long time now?"

Thankyou for the advice ladies, but unfortunately this woman is someone who I work with on an almost daily basis, and I can only see telling her how I feel making matters worse, she'll likely feel very awkward and uncomfortable with it, and obviously I can't just stop seeing her because it's a big part of my job to work with her.

over a year ago

"

this woman is someone who I work with on an almost daily basis, and I can only see telling her how I feel making matters worse, she'll likely feel very awkward and uncomfortable with it, and obviously I can't just stop seeing her because it's a big part of my job to work with her."

You need to woo her discretely. Make her fall in love with you.

Maybe she has already and is afraid to tell you because of work...

If all this fails then just send her a cock pic

Just kidding!

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

A nice fit toyboy eases the pain I find...

over a year ago

"

this woman is someone who I work with on an almost daily basis, and I can only see telling her how I feel making matters worse, she'll likely feel very awkward and uncomfortable with it, and obviously I can't just stop seeing her because it's a big part of my job to work with her.

You need to woo her discretely. Make her fall in love with you.

Maybe she has already and is afraid to tell you because of work...

If all this fails then just send her a cock pic

Just kidding!"

She's engaged to someone else, and also fuelling my fantasies of being with her would be venturing into dangerous territory. I need this job and can't jeopardise it.

over a year ago

"

She's engaged to someone else, and also fuelling my fantasies of being with her would be venturing into dangerous territory. I need this job and can't jeopardise it."

Ah OK.

Then pls refer back to my first response. You need to move on. It will be more difficult as you work with her so you really need to focus your attention on other things.

over a year ago

I find meaningless sex with complete strangers helps a great deal. Failing that Guinness and jamesons.

over a year ago

"

She's engaged to someone else, and also fuelling my fantasies of being with her would be venturing into dangerous territory. I need this job and can't jeopardise it."

If you're 100% sure she is happy in that relationship and definitely not interested in you at all, and you can't find (or don't wan to) find another job then you're gonna have to put your sensible head on and accept that you can't have her.

over a year ago

"

Good luck!

I'm in that infatuation stage with someone, it kind of feels like love, do you think it might be this or have you felt that way a long time now?

Thankyou for the advice ladies, but unfortunately this woman is someone who I work with on an almost daily basis, and I can only see telling her how I feel making matters worse, she'll likely feel very awkward and uncomfortable with it, and obviously I can't just stop seeing her because it's a big part of my job to work with her."

iv just gone through the same situation with a woman in work..i had a terrible massive crush on her that lasted for over a year.she is already in a happy long term relationship..

..but it still didn't stop me having feelings for her..im gladly over her now.im still fond of her but not in the same way.time heals is the only advice I can give you mate.and don't let your defences down again.keep the wall up.thats what ill be doing in the future..

over a year ago

Man up and grow a pair

over a year ago

"

Good luck!

Thankyou for the advice ladies, but unfortunately this woman is someone who I work with on an almost daily basis, and I can only see telling her how I feel making matters worse, she'll likely feel very awkward and uncomfortable with it, and obviously I can't just stop seeing her because it's a big part of my job to work with her.

iv just gone through the same situation with a woman in work..i had a terrible massive crush on her that lasted for over a year.she is already in a happy long term relationship..

..but it still didn't stop me having feelings for her..im gladly over her now.im still fond of her but not in the same way.time heals is the only advice I can give you mate.and don't let your defences down again.keep the wall up.thats what ill be doing in the future.. "

Was there anything in particular you did that helped ease you out of those feelings?

over a year ago

"

Good luck!

..but it still didn't stop me having feelings for her..im gladly over her now.im still fond of her but not in the same way.time heals is the only advice I can give you mate.and don't let your defences down again.keep the wall up.thats what ill be doing in the future..

Was there anything in particular you did that helped ease you out of those

feelings?"

sadly no mate..you just have to accept the situation and get on with it..especialy if she is in a relationship with another guy..you will get over it and even look back and laugh..but it takes time

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

Have a Wank , then out for a pint with the lads

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Time and shifting your focus.

Take some annual leave and spend time away from her. Volunteer for a project that will take you away from working with her all the time.

Look at yourself and check whether it is love you feel or a deficit that a fantasy is helping to fill.

over a year ago

"Look at yourself and check whether it is love you feel or a deficit that a fantasy is helping to fill."

I think its a bit of both, she has so many of the qualities that I've always valued in women long before I met her, and being in contact with her for the past few months I've felt my feelings start to snowball. I have been feeling rather 'empty' for much of this year too, and think this combination of emotions has come along at a bad time and I'm having trouble dealing with it.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Look at yourself and check whether it is love you feel or a deficit that a fantasy is helping to fill.

I think its a bit of both, she has so many of the qualities that I've always valued in women long before I met her, and being in contact with her for the past few months I've felt my feelings start to snowball. I have been feeling rather 'empty' for much of this year too, and think this combination of emotions has come along at a bad time and I'm having trouble dealing with it."

I'm a little confused.

You work with her and she's engaged. Maybe it's just me but how can you fall in love with someone without knowing them on a more personal level? Surely if your only contact is via work, there's no outside interaction and there's never been any discussion between you of feelings - then it's a simple case of infatuation rather than love?

A

Post new Message to Thread