Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Devils Advocate

Jump to newest

By *hattyman80 OP   Man
over a year ago

stockport

I think I'm genuinely an average everyday kind of guy however I'm indicted with having to play Devils advocate constantly and it's like I can't stop myself?

Do other people suffer from this and if so do you get in as much trouble as I seem to??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You? Get into trouble? Never xx

By *hattyman80 OP   Man
over a year ago

stockport

"You? Get into trouble? Never xx"

You know me always like to be on my best behaviour x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

someone needs to play devil's advocate but it isn't always welcomed or recognised as such.

over a year ago

No not really I have an opinion thats is not slanted towards the opposite of other peoples more based on facts as I see them and a personal opinion.

By *hattyman80 OP   Man
over a year ago

stockport

I have my own points of view but sometimes I'll get into conversations giving the "what if" options even if my personal opinion is contrary to that lol

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I have my own points of view but sometimes I'll get into conversations giving the "what if" options even if my personal opinion is contrary to that lol "

I do that sometimes but much less nowadays for various reasons.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/11/14 10:47:24]

over a year ago

Groups have a tendency to set up people in the roles they have the resources to fulfil. These set ups are largely unconscious and the individuals are also often unaware of the role the group is setting them up for. It seems you are aware if the role you get set up in and to some extent choose it, either deliberately or compulsively. The roles are there so we can play games rather than become more intimate in our conversations. Since you are aware you can choose to get hooked or not

over a year ago

Devils advocate is actually a sign of being able to see a point from both sides and sometimes feeling the need to balance things out, I often says things that aren't my actual opinion but are what some people think

over a year ago

"Devils advocate is actually a sign of being able to see a point from both sides and sometimes feeling the need to balance things out, I often says things that aren't my actual opinion but are what some people think"
True. Can anyone remember Channel 4's The Devil's Advocate with Darcus Howe? ooh loved it!

Sarah x

over a year ago

"Devils advocate is actually a sign of being able to see a point from both sides and sometimes feeling the need to balance things out, I often says things that aren't my actual opinion but are what some people think True. Can anyone remember Channel 4's The Devil's Advocate with Darcus Howe? ooh loved it!

Sarah x"

Yes excellent program and balanced unlike some modern programs where it's more like a rant or even bullying

over a year ago

You come across as a nice guy op surely the best way to be xx

over a year ago

"Devils advocate is actually a sign of being able to see a point from both sides and sometimes feeling the need to balance things out, I often says things that aren't my actual opinion but are what some people think True. Can anyone remember Channel 4's The Devil's Advocate with Darcus Howe? ooh loved it!

Sarah x

Yes excellent program and balanced unlike some modern programs where it's more like a rant or even bullying "

Absolutely. They don't make them like they used to, more's the pity. Channel 4 were brilliantly innovative in their early days regards stirring passionate, sometimes controversial, but healthy debate

Sarah x

By *hattyman80 OP   Man
over a year ago

stockport

"You come across as a nice guy op surely the best way to be xx "

I try to be a nice guy I'm sure plenty of people think I'm an idiotic prat though lol

over a year ago

"I think I'm genuinely an average everyday kind of guy however I'm indicted with having to play Devils advocate constantly and it's like I can't stop myself?

Do other people suffer from this and if so do you get in as much trouble as I seem to??"

I do sometimes if I feel the need though I can't really put a lot of effort into doing so unless there is real conviction and belief in what ever it is.

Post new Message to Thread