Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Verifications.

Jump to newest

By *averi OP   Man
over a year ago

Swindon to bristol

Why do some people hide them? Are they ashamed about something?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Why do some people hide them? Are they ashamed about something?"

Do they have to explain themselves to you or anyone else?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Why do some people hide them? Are they ashamed about something?

Do they have to explain themselves to you or anyone else?"

...someone got out of bed the wrong side did they?

I think some, like me, hide them as I dont really want to advertise who I see and at what frequency I play.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

No I didn't get out of the bed on the wrong side, the question remains....why do people have to explain themselves if they choose to use an option given by the site owners regarding their profile?

If the site owners never wanted members to hide their profiles they wouldn't give this option.

over a year ago

Put this on the Forum Items that will Never be Resolved !

Some have more meets than verifications.

Other sites are available - Meets available from those too!

Stop trying to police other peoples meets just step careful with your own.

Incidentally - I have been put off meeting someone when ive spotted some of their verifications and I expect that the same will have happened to me. Sometimes i hide some of them. Sometimes all ...sometimes none. See ....... it's MY choice. Tough

over a year ago

Some of us like to hide them from nosey sods who we don't want others going through who we have met.

Not showing also stops ex meets complaining you have met Mr A but not them again too. Lets face it if hiding them doesn't affect getting meets then why let Mr and Mrs Nosey poke round in your business.

over a year ago

we hide our friends and verifications because someone contacted the people on the lists, saying that we had recommended them

All our verifications are from meets. We dont cam, but will speak on the phone, however we wouldn't verify someone on the strength of a phone call.

By *ngieandMrManCouple
over a year ago

hereford

Why do some people have to moan about the questions some people ask? After all, no one is being forced to answer!

Ashamed of them? I’d guess its more of a ‘mind your own business’ doesn’t mean there is anything to hide or be ashamed of. I’m certainly not ashamed of my salary but I’ll never tell you what it is.

I doubt there is a right or wrong for showing verifications or not. Don’t show, some will think you’re hiding something, got none at all and some will think you’re a time waster, got loads then maybe your too promiscuous and so on…

Oh happy days…

By *yber pimpMan
over a year ago

durham area

you can please some of the people some of the time, but none of the people all of the time

By *andy muncherMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

why when you give them a verification and they dont put one on for you such as cpls who say they dont meet single guys and the list goes on

over a year ago

I started a thread in Site forum about having anonymous feedback.

Our playmates would be hidden but their comments would be on open display.

All anyone needs to know is that you are genuine, that you do meet, and that you are who you say you are.

Perhaps we should adopt ebays system of positive, negetive or neutral verifications and leave out our descriptive ramblings.

But then again, just as many people will disagree with any idea as will agree with it. Thats life

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Because they don't want you, or anyone else being able to see them - Simple really!

over a year ago

"No I didn't get out of the bed on the wrong side, the question remains....why do people have to explain themselves if they choose to use an option given by the site owners regarding their profile?

If the site owners never wanted members to hide their profiles they wouldn't give this option."

agree totally...and yes, another one for the never resolved thread.

i dont know one person that writes a bad verification...what would be the point as they know they wont get posted if they did, so they either write a good one or none.

i dont print them as i dont need someone to tell me what i can do in bed, i'm pretty sure i'm aware of it and i'd rather folk had no pre-conceptions of me

if it's purpose is to verify that i am genuine, then surely the fact im verified does its job???

Post new Message to Thread