Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fab a joke on times

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just tried uploading a picture of a poppy with a regimental crest on and it was rejected!! Wtf on remember acne Sunday!!! What a joke!! Come on admin get it sorted its for one day only!!!

Rant over

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

Were you also in the pic ?

over a year ago

No but not being funny I did not want to be,, it's a show of support for one special day only!! The rule of u must be in the picture is a joke and should be scraped as that pic would of been removed tomorrow,, not happy!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Just tried uploading a picture of a poppy with a regimental crest on and it was rejected!! Wtf on remember acne Sunday!!! What a joke!! Come on admin get it sorted its for one day only!!!

Rant over "

Can't you show your thoughts in another way?

If they scrap that rule for the day I am quite sure all hell will break loose...

over a year ago

Mine has been accepted and I only show the tips of my fingers

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"No but not being funny I did not want to be,, it's a show of support for one special day only!! The rule of u must be in the picture is a joke and should be scraped as that pic would of been removed tomorrow,, not happy!! "

Site rules are site rules - there's a thread on this subject already.

Should the rules be changed for one event should they not be changed for any similar charity event, remembrance event or anniversary?

A

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

Lots of poppy only pics as avatars today

over a year ago

So what difference do a regimental crest and no fingers make to a poppy with only fingers??? Sorry but that seems a bit f-ed up,, how does the rule of you must be in pic work there?? Sorry to use that as an example, but just shows how bad the photo checking is at the mo on this site, nothing to do with rules

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/11/14 09:52:33]

over a year ago

Think the rules should be different for today at least, people gave their lives so u can live yours!!!!

over a year ago

Sadly though, I've seen many images of cartoons, 'motifakes', meme's, blade play, hot wax, fisting, torture and much much more being approved. Many not even featuring the profile owner. The number of male profiles with pictures of just women on them is astounding.

The site rules for pictures are not enforced with any high degree of consistency.

over a year ago

" Site rules are site rules - there's a thread on this subject already."

Sadly though, I've seen many images of cartoons, 'motifakes', meme's, remembrance poppies, blade play, hot wax, fisting, torture and much much more being approved.

The site rules for pictures are not enforced with any high degree of consistency.

Exactly this,,, time fab done some work on sorting that out

over a year ago

"So what difference do a regimental crest and no fingers make to a poppy with only fingers??? Sorry but that seems a bit f-ed up,, how does the rule of you must be in pic work there?? Sorry to use that as an example, but just shows how bad the photo checking is at the mo on this site, nothing to do with rules"

Probably because they're my fingers and a part of me so I comply with the rules. I didn't want to be in the pic either but that's they only way I could think of doing it.

I bought one of the lapel pin badges this year and they're much smaller than a paper poppy so it had to be a close up or no one would see what it was.

I will leave mine up until the 11th day of the 11th month

over a year ago

Really your fingers or a photo you took from Internet??? How does fab know it's really you with out your face in the pic????

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

Sadly though, I've seen many images of cartoons, 'motifakes', meme's, remembrance poppies, blade play, hot wax, fisting, torture and much much more being approved.

Exactly this,,, time fab done some work on sorting that out "

Why not volunteer and spend your free time moderating photos uploaded?

You won't get paid, it's a lot of work for no reward and is a time consuming process.

As for today? Yes it's a day to remember. But what about September 11th? July 7th? Hillsborough? The Bradford fire? The various IRA bombings that killed civilians? The Thai Tsunami? The Japanese earthquake? The list is endless - all resulted in a loss of life that is important to someone.

People show respect and remembrance in many ways, some private, some public.

Chucking a hissy fit because rules won't be changed achieves nothing. I'm sure the many people marking the day by wearing a poppy couldn't give two hoots about someone showing an avatar on a swingers site.

A

over a year ago

Case in point- very same pic that was rejected has just been approved,, thanks for allowing it but can we start having consistacy with all pics in future please

over a year ago

I'm showing my poppy x

over a year ago

"

You won't get paid, it's a lot of work for no reward and is a time consuming process.

As for today? Yes it's a day to remember. But what about September 11th? July 7th? Hillsborough? The Bradford fire? The various IRA bombings that killed civilians? The Thai Tsunami? The Japanese earthquake? The list is endless - all resulted in a loss of life that is important to someone.

People show respect and remembrance in many ways, some private, some public.

Chucking a hissy fit because rules won't be changed achieves nothing. I'm sure the many people marking the day by wearing a poppy couldn't give two hoots about someone showing an avatar on a swingers site.

A"

Yeah, so there...that told him.

*scarpers*

over a year ago

"Really your fingers or a photo you took from Internet??? How does fab know it's really you with out your face in the pic????"

erm it's a photo I took this morning thank you so don't be so rude!!!

My face isn't in any of my pictures just like 1000's of other pictures on Fab. I tried to offer an explanation so don't get flippin stroppy with me just because your pic wasn't approved and you want to lash out!!!!

over a year ago

As for volunteer,,, yes I would if it helped, I would have absolutely no problems with that what so ever and would look forward to it, point me in the direction

over a year ago

Oh I see no part of you is in your profile pic - is that one YOU picked up from the internet???

over a year ago

"Really your fingers or a photo you took from Internet??? How does fab know it's really you with out your face in the pic????"

erm it's a photo I took this morning thank you so don't be so rude!!!

My face isn't in any of my pictures just like 1000's of other pictures on Fab. I tried to offer an explanation so don't get flippin stroppy with me just because your pic wasn't approved and you want to lash out!!!!

Was not a stroppy reply,, just asking how you can be sure it's you as the rules state it must be you!! But if you want to be stroppy in your own reply as you have no suitable answer then so be it, I have no problem with that

over a year ago

As for my pic yes it is from the Internet thanks for noticing plus the centre is personal,, thanks for your again stroppy reply legs

over a year ago

embarrassing!!

Now what was your post about again?

over a year ago

Is there really any need for such aggression about a simple rule

Why not channel that into appreciating what today is about instead of moaning on a website

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"Is there really any need for such aggression about a simple rule

Why not channel that into appreciating what today is about instead of moaning on a website

"

over a year ago

Stomp, stomp, stomp

Glad you got your pic posted

You haven't shown your personality in its best light tho

over a year ago

There is no aggression from me, really, just the people reading post wrong and getting on very high horses, also post was about not getting a pic on special days for one day only in show of support and became about consistency,,, then blew out of context when one poster could not see why the rule of u being in the photo could not be proven to be her,,, lol bit of a joke really

over a year ago

Anyway legs,,, was meant to be a debate so can I offer an apology if it came across as stroppy as it was not meant to be so can I say sorry to you,,, forgiven??? Please with cherry on top x

over a year ago

"

A"

Actually I tried to volunteer the last time an advert was up for picture mods - but by the time I was at something with a decent enough keyboard to write an application about 'why I should be a picture mod' (because that's what they wanted you to do) the advert had gone.

over a year ago

"Just tried uploading a picture of a poppy with a regimental crest on and it was rejected!! Wtf on remember acne Sunday!!! What a joke!! Come on admin get it sorted its for one day only!!!

Rant over "

Why rant today of all days?

We are commemorating our fallen........

over a year ago

"Anyway legs,,, was meant to be a debate so can I offer an apology if it came across as stroppy as it was not meant to be so can I say sorry to you,,, forgiven??? Please with cherry on top x "

it's showing as your pic now though.

over a year ago

Well if they want any more mods I'm sure that quite a few will do it-- I would!! Last time I saw an advert my single profile was less than a year old lol

over a year ago

Rant over "

This isn't the place for it. Well done admin.

No politics pls,that's Wat war is.

no soldier has ever declared war on another nation or people.

political leaders do.

over a year ago

Attempt 2 fun girl lol x

over a year ago

Who is being awkward here?

Many people are displaying Poppy's, Fab are by no way making it hard to do so, just one simply rule that is very very easy to over come all you have to do is be in the picture, seriously how difficult can that be.

Are you actually going out of your way to make this an issue? Today is a very special day for me too, I will not be showing a poppy on here but if I did choose to I'd have it pinned on my chest, and I'm sure that would pass the mods.

over a year ago

But why must you be in the pic, what difference does that make?? Even if that piece of you is unrecognisable as u?? Why can't you just post a pic of said poppy???

over a year ago

That so called rule does not make sense

Post new Message to Thread