Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ladies...being complimented

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Girls, it your going about your daily business and a man walks up to you and tells you you have a fantastic body, you have lovely legs, your gorgeous, you have a beautiful smile etc etc, how would you react? I was at a gig, and the lady next to me had the most beautiful legs, I so wNted to tell her but was afraid of the response so I bottled it, just wondered what the general consensus was?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Girls, it your going about your daily business and a man walks up to you and tells you you have a fantastic body, you have lovely legs, your gorgeous, you have a beautiful smile etc etc, how would you react? I was at a gig, and the lady next to me had the most beautiful legs, I so wNted to tell her but was afraid of the response so I bottled it, just wondered what the general consensus was? "

Me personally would think you were having a laugh but some women would probably really appreciate it

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I'd probably say thanks and wonder if you required your medication or directions to the opticians.

I find compliments very odd, and don't really believe them - having been very large in the recent past, and being the girl who didn't date/get interest at school etc...

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

there is a video on you tube ...women dont react well ...i personally would say thanks and forget about it in a nano second but some like a long drawn out drama about it

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

I Love Compliments.. makes me smile and go all gooey lol..

By *hortieWoman
over a year ago

Northampton

I regularly get guys (and girls) commenting on my chest piece whenever I am out and about, whether shopping or pubbing, that I can handle.. either leads to a 'thanks) and move on, or more conversation because there is something in common (i.e, we talk about ink or bikes or music...)

But if a guy were to compliment me on anything else, I would possibly be very embarrased and want the ground to swallow me up...

wimmen mate. we are strange creatures

over a year ago

Id say thanks.....then run away

over a year ago

If someone told me I had a fantastic body I'd think what the heck he was after When people tell me I have a nice smile I just say thank you

over a year ago

I would say thanks but not believe a word of it

By *ola.Woman
over a year ago

Just where I need to be.

I would look around for your mates who you had a bet with. No I am not really good with compliments.

over a year ago

I personally would think you were having a laugh.

over a year ago

Hmmmm tricky one!!

Luvre compliments but a random one from a random man would make me think ~ Really?!

If he was hot tho I'd probably have a different answer

over a year ago

"If someone told me I had a fantastic body I'd think what the heck he was after When people tell me I have a nice smile I just say thank you "
you have a nice smile

over a year ago

"If someone told me I had a fantastic body I'd think what the heck he was after When people tell me I have a nice smile I just say thank you you have a nice smile "

Thank you

over a year ago

"If someone told me I had a fantastic body I'd think what the heck he was after When people tell me I have a nice smile I just say thank you you have a nice smile

Thank you "

Yer welcome and yer tits ain't bad either

over a year ago

"If someone told me I had a fantastic body I'd think what the heck he was after When people tell me I have a nice smile I just say thank you you have a nice smile

Thank you Yer welcome and yer tits ain't bad either "

Ha ha ha you've not seen them, you have seem my knickers though

over a year ago

I would say thanks then turn away....but only because I don't take compliments well

over a year ago

Thank you Yer welcome and yer tits ain't bad either

Ha ha ha you've not seen them, you have seem my knickers though "

I have and a fine set of knickers they was. But I secretly ogled yer tits when yer wernt looking

over a year ago

Happens to me relatively often! Probably because I look so friendly and gormless! I just smile and say thankyou! Doesn't everyone? xxx

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I don't take compliment as well no matter if they are strangers or not, it could of been an uncomfortable situation as she might of thought blimey that bloke next to me has been looking at my legs all night

over a year ago

Never had one will let yer know how I feel if I ever get one

By *SweetVioletxWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'd say thank you and smile.

It all depends on the delivery and situation but in a neutral place and without any expectations I would appreciate it.

over a year ago

Hmmm a mixed bag really then, girls, you need to open your minds to the fact that guys genuinely do fancy you

By *SweetVioletxWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Hmmm a mixed bag really then, girls, you need to open your minds to the fact that guys genuinely do fancy you "

Can you not compliment someone without fancying them? I think maybe the reason why many women are cautious about compliments is that they are rarely given with no strings attached.

I am sure many of the ladies above have very open minds but are basing their reactions on past experiences.

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

I think it depends on which part of them you are complimenting. For instance saying someone has a lovely smile is fairly innocuous, but saying they have a great pair of tits comes across as pervy.

I get the compliment about my smile quite often, from men and women of all ages, and it's nice, I get a bit embarrassed with the attention but it's still nice. I've also had compliments about my boobs, those comments just make me feel uncomfortable. Complimenting legs wouldn't seem as pervy as complimenting boobs, but isn't in the same area as smiles either, so probably safest not to say anything unless you have struck up a rapport first.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I've never been good with compliments, and on here I take them all with a large pinch of salt, though I wish I could take them more appreciatively

By *erboutputMan
over a year ago

Staines

As much as we want to say something society dictates otherwise sometimes. If I was in a bar and had a few drinks then I'd probably say something but in the street I'd more then likely not ( as much as I would like to). That's why I thank the God that is Fabswinger ?? That way we can say what we want and compliment them on their full beauty ??

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"there is a video on you tube ...women dont react well ...i personally would say thanks and forget about it in a nano second but some like a long drawn out drama about it "

This post illustrates what worries a lot of women.

If you don't object to sexual comments from strangers then you get a tick of approval.

If you do object you are called humourless or dramatic or some other bullying insult to make you see sense.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Hmmm a mixed bag really then, girls, you need to open your minds to the fact that guys genuinely do fancy you "

Maybe you should open your mind or at least drop the word girls when you are talking to or about women.

over a year ago

OP as you can see. . It depends on the self esteem of the person you compliment. I personally find it gives me a good idea of someone's character if I say something well meant and they react well or badly

By *ickawitchCouple
over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

If I am out in the real world and someone compliments me I thank them.....guy or girl I like it. I don't suspect their motives because I would assume that they like what they see, same as if I give a compliment.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"OP as you can see. . It depends on the self esteem of the person you compliment. I personally find it gives me a good idea of someone's character if I say something well meant and they react well or badly "

I don't agree. It depends on many factors. Self esteem is just one possibility.

Out of interest - how do you come to that conclusion ?

Which women like compliments ? Those with low or high self esteem ?

over a year ago

See _ickawitch's reply above

over a year ago

I get a lot of compliments on here. I have never had compliments from random strangers in person? Do other women get this then?

Either I do not look good in person or I am intimidating because of my height. I'll tell myself it's the second one.

over a year ago

I don't get any really in private life. So I'd say thank you and smile as it would make my day

over a year ago

From strangers I take it with a pinch of salt but from the OH or someone I know I say thank you and take the compliment.

over a year ago

I'd say thanks laugh and walk away

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

That's not the point - the question is when is it appropriate to express that to a woman. As a captive audience sat next to a stranger at a gig many women would be made very uncomfortable by a comment that could indicate sexual interest, the only time it would be appropriate to say is when you get up to leave!! At a dance for instance a guy can compliment me on anything he likes and I will smile and thank him, because I can walk away.

over a year ago

"I would say thanks but not believe a word of it "

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Never had one will let yer know how I feel if I ever get one "

You have a nice smile Wallace.

over a year ago

"Girls, it your going about your daily business and a man walks up to you and tells you you have a fantastic body, you have lovely legs, your gorgeous, you have a beautiful smile etc etc, how would you react? I was at a gig, and the lady next to me had the most beautiful legs, I so wNted to tell her but was afraid of the response so I bottled it, just wondered what the general consensus was? "
Chances are you would of made her feel very uncomfortable for the rest of the gig knowing she is sat next to someone who is ogling her legs

over a year ago

"Never had one will let yer know how I feel if I ever get one

"

you have great tits Gromit

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

you have great tits Gromit "

Perv!

over a year ago

you have great tits Gromit

Perv!

"

has my mate shaggers would say " yeah I know lol

over a year ago

Just smile and say .. That's very sweet of you . lol

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

I find British women are terrible at receiving compliments. A simple thankyou is all it takes.

No need to reciprocate and no pressure. I like to say 'Excuse me, have you been told. .....? '

They can say no and I can say 'well you have and I am suprised no one has said before'.

I then smile and walk away.

I do the same to shop assistants etc.

I never lie and I never do it to chat anyone up. I just like to give credit where it is due.

over a year ago

I give compliments to strangers and mean them. When I receive them from strangers I smile and say thank you. And then tell my OH

not all men want to get into your knickers, but that doesn't mean that they don't appreciate you as a woman

over a year ago

I get compliments about my tits all the time....I love it and almost encourage it :D x

over a year ago

"I get compliments about my tits all the time....I love it and almost encourage it :D x"

Your tits are why the terms

'Fun bags' and 'motorboating' were invented

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

"I get compliments about my tits all the time....I love it and almost encourage it :D x"

Just your tits. I think you are generally sexy and bet you have a sweet face.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I give compliments to strangers and mean them. When I receive them from strangers I smile and say thank you. And then tell my OH

not all men want to get into your knickers, but that doesn't mean that they don't appreciate you as a woman"

Do you mean appreciate the way the woman looks ?

over a year ago

Yes

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Yes "

Ta x

over a year ago

"Hmmm a mixed bag really then, girls, you need to open your minds to the fact that guys genuinely do fancy you

That's not the point - the question is when is it appropriate to express that to a woman. As a captive audience sat next to a stranger at a gig many women would be made very uncomfortable by a comment that could indicate sexual interest, the only time it would be appropriate to say is when you get up to leave!! At a dance for instance a guy can compliment me on anything he likes and I will smile and thank him, because I can walk away. "

over a year ago

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

""

What's that ?

over a year ago

I (mrs) would say thank you , feeling rather embarrassed then go away wondering why the hell someone would even look at me let alone pay me a compliment (all would go straight over my head anyway)

over a year ago

I actually received one yesterday from a total stranger while comming home from shopping. He passed me in the street and said "you look very smart " I just answered thank you very much and took it as a nice compliment. Made me feel rather good though

over a year ago

"

What's that ?"

Vomit puke face. x

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

What's that ?

Vomit puke face. x"

Fair enough ! but what's that ?

over a year ago

I would smile say thank you and prob kiss you on the cheek cos it takes courage to say that to a women

over a year ago

"

What's that ?

Vomit puke face. x

Fair enough ! but what's that ?"

Wot's wot?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

What's that ?

Vomit puke face. x

Wot's wot?"

The green thing with fat cheeks.

over a year ago

"

What's that ?

Vomit puke face. x

Wot's wot?

The green thing with fat cheeks."

It's a vomit pukey face. Me puking at the white knights.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

What's that ?

Vomit puke face. x

Wot's wot?

It's a vomit pukey face. Me puking at the white knights. "

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A white knight once said

Out the hole in his head

That a 'girl' should be told when she's pretty.

If it's not what she wants then she's a frigid daft cont

And needs tellin' her attitude's shitty.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/11/14 10:01:35]

over a year ago

No. I wouldn't say anything. I may smile at her but that's about it. Its too easy to be thought of as objectifying someone, rather than paying them a compliment.

The world is now a dangerous place to express your opinion. There are far to many people easily offended by innocent comments and too many SJW's out there to risk becoming the focus of someone's ire on the Facebook. The internet (the very thing that gave us the voice to express ourselves freely) is becoming the very tool by which are are administering our own gagging order. Its spilling out into regular society too.

We are allowing ourselves to loose the freedom of expression in a maelstrom of knee-jerk reactionism and 'bandwagoning'.

over a year ago

"

What's that ?

Vomit puke face. x

Wot's wot?

It's a vomit pukey face. Me puking at the white knights.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A white knight once said

Out the hole in his head

That a 'girl' should be told when she's pretty.

If it's not what she wants then she's a frigid daft cont

And needs tellin' her attitude's shitty.

"

Love it

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Never ever, ever compliment a lass on looking like a Hobbit. It does not go down well.

over a year ago

"Never ever, ever compliment a lass on looking like a Hobbit. It does not go down well. "

Oh I don't know! I had a bit of a soft spot for Frodo Baggins - and he'd be a the perfect height to lick my nipples - and compliment them!! xx

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

I only do this if I am walking away. If it is ina bar it becomes a chat up and I have never been any good in that dynamic.

over a year ago

"Hmmm a mixed bag really then, girls, you need to open your minds to the fact that guys genuinely do fancy you

Can you not compliment someone without fancying them? I think maybe the reason why many women are cautious about compliments is that they are rarely given with no strings attached.

I am sure many of the ladies above have very open minds but are basing their reactions on past experiences. "

I always make part of my day to compliment or thank someone, male or female, because I actualy think its a very sad and critical world we live in.

When it comes to physical attributes, it will be because I do fancy them, unfortunately, my cock rules my head when I see a sexy girl/lady/babe/woman/female (we can't win can we

granny), if a woman walked up to me and said, nice ass, nice bod, nice eyes (yes it has happened) my day would be made, if they walked up to me and said, I'd like to fuck you shitless, even if I didn't fancy them, my day would be made.

Anyhow, I'm glad I keep my mouth shut when I get the urge to compliment a gorgeous woman, looks like Its probably for the best

over a year ago

I would find it very odd if a guy came upto me out of the blue and told me i had lovely legs/bum/boobs etc wether it's nice to get a compliment or not eyeing someone up and commenting on their body parts isn't really acceptable in today's society

over a year ago

What I wouldn't mind is a wolf whistle (banned now unfortunately) but never had one and really would like one hehe

over a year ago

Saying that it would depend where i was

if it happened in tesco i would find it weird

if it happened in a pub I'd just assume he had had a few to drink and was looking for a shag

over a year ago

"I would find it very odd if a guy came upto me out of the blue and told me i had lovely legs/bum/boobs etc wether it's nice to get a compliment or not eyeing someone up and commenting on their body parts isn't really acceptable in today's society"

over a year ago

"Girls, it your going about your daily business and a man walks up to you and tells you you have a fantastic body, you have lovely legs, your gorgeous, you have a beautiful smile etc etc, how would you react? I was at a gig, and the lady next to me had the most beautiful legs, I so wNted to tell her but was afraid of the response so I bottled it, just wondered what the general consensus was?

Me personally would think you were having a laugh but some women would probably really appreciate it "

But you have amazing legs why would you think they were having a laugh? Xx

over a year ago

I think being on here skews my (female) perception of compliments, was just talking about it last night. the compliments here flow fast and thick and you know most are not genuine really and I wonder if that crosses over into real life making genuine compliments seem empty or attached to an agenda?

Maybe it's just me that's skewed lol

over a year ago

"Girls, it your going about your daily business and a man walks up to you and tells you you have a fantastic body, you have lovely legs, your gorgeous, you have a beautiful smile etc etc, how would you react? I was at a gig, and the lady next to me had the most beautiful legs, I so wNted to tell her but was afraid of the response so I bottled it, just wondered what the general consensus was?

Me personally would think you were having a laugh but some women would probably really appreciate it

But you have amazing legs why would you think they were having a laugh? Xx"

over a year ago

Huuumm I'm quiet dry so would probably come back with a take the piss reply...as I would have thought it was a take the piss compliment... I like most women on fab take compliments from the gentlemen on here with a large pinch of salt.

I have been complimented loads of times in the real world but its mostly been about my eyes.

The hubby's comments of admiration are always welcomed as I know they are genuine.

So I guess its been a bit of a mixed bag of opinions

over a year ago

I regularly compliment women but never specific body parts.

A passing compliment from me is usually impulsive, always honest and rarely has an ulterior motive (although sometimes it does).

I cannot remember the last time I complimented someone who didn't thank me for the compliment.

I choose not to underestimate women, I believe most can read in your manner and body language whether you're being genuine and courteous.

I find it a bit sad that some seem to feel societies norms are making the honest compliment unacceptable.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I am sure many of the ladies above have very open minds but are basing their reactions on past experiences.

I always make part of my day to compliment or thank someone, male or female, because I actualy think its a very sad and critical world we live in.

When it comes to physical attributes, it will be because I do fancy them, unfortunately, my cock rules my head when I see a sexy girl/lady/babe/woman/female (we can't win can we

granny), if a woman walked up to me and said, nice ass, nice bod, nice eyes (yes it has happened) my day would be made, if they walked up to me and said, I'd like to fuck you shitless, even if I didn't fancy them, my day would be made.

Anyhow, I'm glad I keep my mouth shut when I get the urge to compliment a gorgeous woman, looks like Its probably for the best "

It's not the winning it's the .....

Just call me gorgeous n be done with it.

over a year ago

Depends if its a sincere compliment or a I just want to shag you approach dressed as a compliment. The sincere ones taken graciously. The latter depends whether the complimentee is hot or not.

over a year ago

"I regularly compliment women but never specific body parts.

A passing compliment from me is usually impulsive, always honest and rarely has an ulterior motive (although sometimes it does).

I cannot remember the last time I complimented someone who didn't thank me for the compliment.

I choose not to underestimate women, I believe most can read in your manner and body language whether you're being genuine and courteous.

I find it a bit sad that some seem to feel societies norms are making the honest compliment unacceptable. "

Especially this- "I choose not to underestimate women, I believe most can read in your manner and body language whether you're being genuine and courteous."

By *acanovaMan
over a year ago

Midlands/Bucks

I once gave this girl 10 red roses in the middle of a shopping centre. I saw her walk by and she was stunning. Almost like a priceless work of art. Luckily there was a florist nearby and i hurriedly ran to it. Brought a bunch of roses and then went back looking for her, hoping she was still nearby. When I found her, i tapped her on her shoulder and said.... 'Excuse, terribly sorry to bother you.... These are for you' ....

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

I dont get compliments in real life so id be pretty surprised

over a year ago

I find it a bit sad that some seem to feel societies norms are making the honest compliment unacceptable. "

I agree it's quite shocking how many people say they wouldn't believe the person giving the compliment...sad really when you think a compliment used to be the start of natural flirting...the www has almost erased that out!!!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"

I agree it's quite shocking how many people say they wouldn't believe the person giving the compliment...sad really when you think a compliment used to be the start of natural flirting...the www has almost erased that out!!! "

it is sad that in this country we build them up, then bash them

and I think people have become so wary of any good things being said, as they know what may happen next

over a year ago

One of my most believable compliments from a man on here was when I was astride a man,he took my boobs in his hands and went " You have great tits!". I'll take that

By *randmrsminxyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

I would think if you smiled and said hello , or good morning or even nice day most educated ladies would reply with a smile or return thee comment

Though those with a chip on the compliment shoulder would most possibly ignore you . But to pass a comment on a stranger such as nice legs etc. is really being rather obtrusive

over a year ago

"

I agree it's quite shocking how many people say they wouldn't believe the person giving the compliment...sad really when you think a compliment used to be the start of natural flirting...the www has almost erased that out!!! "

The Internet has replaced and improved many things, it does though appear to have damaged the ability some have to naturally meet and interact with others.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I once gave this girl 10 red roses in the middle of a shopping centre. I saw her walk by and she was stunning. Almost like a priceless work of art. Luckily there was a florist nearby and i hurriedly ran to it. Brought a bunch of roses and then went back looking for her, hoping she was still nearby. When I found her, i tapped her on her shoulder and said.... 'Excuse, terribly sorry to bother you.... These are for you' .... "

Wonderful! !!

over a year ago

"I once gave this girl 10 red roses in the middle of a shopping centre. I saw her walk by and she was stunning. Almost like a priceless work of art. Luckily there was a florist nearby and i hurriedly ran to it. Brought a bunch of roses and then went back looking for her, hoping she was still nearby. When I found her, i tapped her on her shoulder and said.... 'Excuse, terribly sorry to bother you.... These are for you' .... "

What did she say? x

over a year ago

"

I agree it's quite shocking how many people say they wouldn't believe the person giving the compliment...sad really when you think a compliment used to be the start of natural flirting...the www has almost erased that out!!!

The Internet has replaced and improved many things, it does though appear to have damaged the ability some have to naturally meet and interact with others."

Has it damaged it? Or has it allowed the people who would normally have been painfully shy to interact at a level that they feel comfortable?

By *all-Eddies QosCouple
over a year ago

wirral

Think I'm far too cynical and always feel there is an ulterior motive

over a year ago

"

The Internet has replaced and improved many things, it does though appear to have damaged the ability some have to naturally meet and interact with others.

Has it damaged it? Or has it allowed the people who would normally have been painfully shy to interact at a level that they feel comfortable?"

That as well.

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

exactly this.. When said face to face, most women I know can tell if it's genuine or not ( I know I can!) I always thank the person ,And have been known to randomly compliment others too... .For no reason other than it's what is on my mind.. well worth the smile ya get back!. It's nice to be nice in this crazy world! ( mrs )

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

I suppose we can only really surmise from our own experiences. I believe it's down to the situation in which the compliment is given and how it is delivered that dictates the response. Some examples from my own experience - when I was only 17, working in a record shop (yes records, I am that old!) a few times I received anonymous flowers delivered to me in the shop, sometimes with a complimentary card. Those compliments were easily received because they didn't put me on the spot or make me feel intimidated. Another time however a customer beckoned me to lean closer so he could say something, (he was probably in his thirties or older) and he said "you have beautiful breasts!" As a young and fairly shy girl that made me feel intimidated and I didn't know what to do or say. I think I mumbled thanks and backed away.

Another time I was standing outside a garage waiting for my tyre to be fixed when a man, about 20 years older than me, walked over to me and said "I just had to tell you that you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen". Then he just walked away. I was embarrassed but not intimidated because of the environment and the fact he walked away so obviously wasn't wanting anything from me, so I just said thank you. It's actually a really nice memory for me now that I'm old!

Post new Message to Thread