Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

fireworks

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you think they should be a law on letting them off only on 5th November. Because some wanker near me has been letting them off every day after it. My dogs are in a right mess. It's really pissing me off.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i think there should be tighter controls on their sale and possesion some of the muppets ive seen letting them off deserve a special mention in the darwin awards!

over a year ago

Lol.

over a year ago

Yes know what you mean! My little mate will not even go out for a pee whilst they are going off!

over a year ago

I think there should be some kind of restriction....5th November seems to go on for weeks these days

over a year ago

How would you enforce it? It's impossible.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't advocate banning their sale but I would like to see them being sold for a shorter time period.

When I was a kid floating around on the ark most of us only had fireworks on bonfire night or the weekend before or after. Fireworks at new year or on your birthday etc. were unheard of and I think it made it more manageable where pets were concerned.

By *ambslass48Woman
over a year ago

Peterborough

We got 100s going off round here even though pouring with rain I hate them but step grandkids enjoying watching them

over a year ago

I wouldn't mind how do they afford them. There not cheap. 5 nights now my poor dogs have had to suffer. I've tried the tablets but nothing seems to work

over a year ago

there are laws on days retailers can sell them - but joe public letting them off whenever - just couldnt enforce it could you really

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I think there's enough laws

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I wouldn't mind how do they afford them. There not cheap. 5 nights now my poor dogs have had to suffer. I've tried the tablets but nothing seems to work "

Ear plugs ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I don't advocate banning their sale but I would like to see them being sold for a shorter time period.

When I was a kid floating around on the ark most of us only had fireworks on bonfire night or the weekend before or after. Fireworks at new year or on your birthday etc. were unheard of and I think it made it more manageable where pets were concerned."

Ark ? Noah saw you coming. It was nothing more than a canoe.

over a year ago

Well you could enforce it by not selling them to public. Only events should do it then there's no chance of idiots setting them off at people or houses like you sometimes hear about.and it's 1 night only.

over a year ago

Only way is to stop selling them and stick to public displays, not necessarily a bad idea...I think they should at least stop selling to complete fucktards that piss about with them, couple of years ago some knob aimed a rocket over my fence at the rabbit hutch and ran, only saw it cos was looking out of the upstairs window at the ones over the roofs lol didn't get downstairs on time to catch the little sod either

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I don't advocate banning their sale but I would like to see them being sold for a shorter time period.

When I was a kid floating around on the ark most of us only had fireworks on bonfire night or the weekend before or after. Fireworks at new year or on your birthday etc. were unheard of and I think it made it more manageable where pets were concerned.

Ark ? Noah saw you coming. It was nothing more than a canoe. "

I thought it was a bit cramped

over a year ago

Ear plugs! For dogs??

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Should be restricted to organised events on bonfire night only. It's been every bloody night for a week now. I need to get my rabbit out of the living room but daren't risk it yet as last year my other rabbit died on bonfire night of fright

over a year ago

"Do you think they should be a law on letting them off only on 5th November. Because some wanker near me has been letting them off every day after it. My dogs are in a right mess. It's really pissing me off."
I think by now something would have been Said In government about this, my General feeling Is Is that has long as It generates money or Income Into Society on their sale of fireworks Nothing will be done that Is really The only reason I think Its allowed to Happen for so long In the year by Joe Public which Is disgraceful Unless you Like fireworks that Is....

over a year ago

I sympathise with the OP as a former dog owner over the last 10 to 15 years bonfire night is 10 days long and unfair to animals especially as some of the pyros these days are akin to military ordnance

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Ear plugs! For dogs?? "

Yes.

Ear plugs. For dogs.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Do you think they should be a law on letting them off only on 5th November. Because some wanker near me has been letting them off every day after it. My dogs are in a right mess. It's really pissing me off.I think by now something would have been Said In government about this, my General feeling Is Is that has long as It generates money or Income Into Society on their sale of fireworks Nothing will be done that Is really The only reason I think Its allowed to Happen for so long In the year by Joe Public which Is disgraceful Unless you Like fireworks that Is.... "

Bit like booze, petrol, cars, gambling and parties really ......

over a year ago

I'm struggling with them this year to be honest, bringing back images of Iraq and Afghanistan for me.

over a year ago

1 went off the other night. Fuck me it was that loud I nearly shat myself. Imagine all them poor animals.

over a year ago

I'm guessing grannie crumpet is a piss head that drives cars gambling with life's and loves the sound of loud bangs that sound like guns.

Where you from again?

Oh yeah lol

By *he tactile technicianMan
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

just for interests sake I watched a utube on the universal fear manufactured by Genghis fireworks. In my opinion that is an IED mascarading as a firework. That only has to get into the hands of the irresponsible and, well it doesn't help worrying about the damage!

over a year ago

Ear plugs lol is that what Fenton had!!.... Fenton FENTON oh Jesus Christ FENTTTTOONNNN!

over a year ago

no way,, i love fireworks

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Ear plugs lol is that what Fenton had!!.... Fenton FENTON oh Jesus Christ FENTTTTOONNNN!"

Those or mutt muffs .......

over a year ago

Don't get me wrong I like them I loved them as a kid but as you get older every night after bon fire night takes the piss

over a year ago

I think dogs should be banned or not sold to the idiots who let them shit all over and bite kids :@ tin hat ! Lol

over a year ago

Mutt muffs pmsl have you ever tried putting anything on a dogs head it's shaken off in seconds. I think you need to go on dragons den with these ideas

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I think dogs should be banned or not sold to the idiots who let them shit all over and bite kids :@ tin hat ! Lol"

Just ban the idiots.

over a year ago

Dogs should be banned?? Wtf. Dogs are not a bad animal there very loving it's the arseholes that train them to be bad.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Mutt muffs pmsl have you ever tried putting anything on a dogs head it's shaken off in seconds. I think you need to go on dragons den with these ideas"

Or maybe they'd sell like all the other mutt muffs and ear plugs for dogs.

over a year ago

Sorry I've just never heard of them

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Don't be sorry. We can't all be as nice as me.

They work for lots of dogs.

Some poochies like them.

over a year ago

I'll have to look for them then

over a year ago

Could we add people with loud voices who talk outside after 11pm at night. Motorcycles with loud engines. Churches who bang drums and sing out of tune loudly on microphones at 8am on a Sunday morning and babies who cry all night and keep me awake. Oh and barking/yapping dogs who start at the quietest sneeze

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I'll have to look for them then"

Try e bay.

over a year ago

Yeah idiots can only be sold to people who are not idiots sorted...

Classic case of my Darwin rewrite which I am naming survival of the thickest ..... Most people round my way who have careers etc can't afford to have kids etc let alone 6 or seven unlike the undesirables who who themselves came from a large litter of wasters and who each then go on to produce another litter of multiple idiots as a form of Income which are bloody government promotes.... As a rule I don't think the apple falls very far and it multiplies exponentially ... Welcome to Britain woo hoo

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Could we add people with loud voices who talk outside after 11pm at night. Motorcycles with loud engines. Churches who bang drums and sing out of tune loudly on microphones at 8am on a Sunday morning and babies who cry all night and keep me awake. Oh and barking/yapping dogs who start at the quietest sneeze "

No.

over a year ago

Are any of the above dangerous?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Yeah idiots can only be sold to people who are not idiots sorted...

Classic case of my Darwin rewrite which I am naming survival of the thickest ..... Most people round my way who have careers etc can't afford to have kids etc let alone 6 or seven unlike the undesirables who who themselves came from a large litter of wasters and who each then go on to produce another litter of multiple idiots as a form of Income which are bloody government promotes.... As a rule I don't think the apple falls very far and it multiplies exponentially ... Welcome to Britain woo hoo "

Can we ban Joey Essex ?

over a year ago

"Could we add people with loud voices who talk outside after 11pm at night. Motorcycles with loud engines. Churches who bang drums and sing out of tune loudly on microphones at 8am on a Sunday morning and babies who cry all night and keep me awake. Oh and barking/yapping dogs who start at the quietest sneeze "

over a year ago

Lol straighteight you sure you don't live in hull

over a year ago

I believe they should be banned from sale and more public displays should take place on bonfire night. Any twats caught with them should be punished with a nice hefty fine or something x

over a year ago

Classic case of my Darwin rewrite which I am naming survival of the thickest ..... Most people round my way who have careers etc can't afford to have kids etc let alone 6 or seven unlike the undesirables who who themselves came from a large litter of wasters and who each then go on to produce another litter of multiple idiots as a form of Income which are bloody government promotes.... As a rule I don't think the apple falls very far and it multiplies exponentially ... Welcome to Britain woo hoo

Can we ban Joey Essex ?"

Hell yes!

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

You havnt bought a feliway collar .. plug ins .. and spray ..??? .... we have ... our dog is asleep ...

We have 3 cats too ... all chilled ..

Because we prepared ..

Go to amazon ... much cheaper than the vets ... xx

over a year ago

Now there is a good use for fireworks stick them up joey Essex arseholes what a nob he is

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Classic case of my Darwin rewrite which I am naming survival of the thickest ..... Most people round my way who have careers etc can't afford to have kids etc let alone 6 or seven unlike the undesirables who who themselves came from a large litter of wasters and who each then go on to produce another litter of multiple idiots as a form of Income which are bloody government promotes.... As a rule I don't think the apple falls very far and it multiplies exponentially ... Welcome to Britain woo hoo "

is your profile name I relation to the amount of toes you have on each foot..

over a year ago

I've got the tablets but might have to try the plug in. Don't really feel comfortable drugging my pets

over a year ago

"Lol straighteight you sure you don't live in hull "
ha unfortunately I think this is now bloody everywhere when I go to the docs it's either full of foreign expectant mothers or expectant muppets

over a year ago

Don't even go to the doctors now because there all foreigners and never seem to believe a word I say

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

"Do you think they should be a law on letting them off only on 5th November. Because some wanker near me has been letting them off every day after it. My dogs are in a right mess. It's really pissing me off."

Definitely

over a year ago

"Could we add people with loud voices who talk outside after 11pm at night. Motorcycles with loud engines. Churches who bang drums and sing out of tune loudly on microphones at 8am on a Sunday morning and babies who cry all night and keep me awake. Oh and barking/yapping dogs who start at the quietest sneeze

No. "

Please? Add noisy grandchildren to that list too

over a year ago

Can we ban Joey Essex ?"

From being no,from handling fireworks probably a good idea

over a year ago

I think its a real shame for pets.My poor dog is on tenterhooks and there have been fireworks going off every day since the 1st... I've had to try and outnoise the fireworks with tv or music.

over a year ago

It's strange had several dogs and cats in my life none of them ever scared of fireworks! In fact could take my dog to a display and she wouldn't bat an eyelid (obviously wouldn't actally take her to one). Think like kids animals pick up on fears of their owners!! Mayb if u chill out ur dog will too! Did u know the worst thing u can do when ur dog is scared is to pay them any attention all u do is reinforce their fear

over a year ago

I have he's upstairs on the landing I'm watching TV. He used to love them outside barking at them and running around until last year when 1 came over the garden it was that loud I thought it could of wiped out a small country

over a year ago

What about the selfish idiots who let them off until gone 11.30 at night, how are the kids supposed to sleep with the noise some of them make. I know where I would like to shove a rocket

over a year ago

And it's still ongoing it's like Fucking armageddon takes the piss

over a year ago

A lot of the noise is created by fireworks that are specifically designedto make as much noise as possible. You don't actually need a huge bang to get an impressive shower of sparks and light.

Perhaps a petition to manufacturers, on keeping them below a certain level of decibels might have some effect. I don't know anyone who actually wants to hear something akin to a sonic boom from concorde just above their garden.

over a year ago

Yes!! I totally agree. Our 2 young sons are scared of the loud bangs. They have been going off round us every night this week up until midnight! Poor boys can't sleep. I think it should be limited to the 5th november & new years eve. No need for them any other time of the year. It's just a annoying!

over a year ago

"What about the selfish idiots who let them off until gone 11.30 at night, how are the kids supposed to sleep with the noise some of them make. I know where I would like to shove a rocket "

. I have just write similar. Our kids can't sleep for all the banging. It's ridiculous setting them off at bloody midnight

over a year ago

"Only way is to stop selling them and stick to public displays, not necessarily a bad idea...I think they should at least stop selling to complete fucktards that piss about with them, couple of years ago some knob aimed a rocket over my fence at the rabbit hutch and ran, only saw it cos was looking out of the upstairs window at the ones over the roofs lol didn't get downstairs on time to catch the little sod either "

It's horrible isn't it,

Someone aimed a lit firework at hubby & I while walking in South Shore. (i was 6months pregnant at the time) Still not sure if it was out a house above the shops or a passing car. But I do know I was scared half to death! Absolute Mindless morons.

Hope your rabbits were ok. X

over a year ago

what about Diwali?

over a year ago

I worry about the impact on the environment

over a year ago

"Well you could enforce it by not selling them to public. Only events should do it then there's no chance of idiots setting them off at people or houses like you sometimes hear about.and it's 1 night only."

Agreed

over a year ago

I hate walking about when they are going off. I have very sensitive nerves,I could end up diving under a bush

over a year ago

Well it stopped just after 10 last night. Wonder if it was because me and my next door neighbour went out and told them to shut the fuck up or we will do it for them.

over a year ago

"Well it stopped just after 10 last night. Wonder if it was because me and my next door neighbour went out and told them to shut the fuck up or we will do it for them. "

Hope your dog's ok. Think you can get firework sound cd's. Start playing it quiet till the dog gets used to it and gradually turn it up. Until the dog is desensitised. Might work. x

over a year ago

yes there should they've been letting them off by me for nearly two week and there was a accident at an organised council fire works show here too.

over a year ago

"I'm struggling with them this year to be honest, bringing back images of Iraq and Afghanistan for me."

Same as my nephew. He's only 25 and done several tours over there. He struggles with fireworks all the time and it's really upsetting to watch!

I have said for years to ban the sale of them, I have never bought them. When my kids were younger we either went to a display or we didn't have any!

The price people pay for just a small box would more then likely get a family into a displayed show..

Fireworks are a bloody nusiance!

over a year ago

Well I think we should ban fireworks, Christmas, and new year, they all cause unnecessary stress, as for joey Essex never seen him so don't care.

over a year ago

Quite why, in this time of heightened fear of terrorism and extremism, any fucktard with the cash can go into a shop and buy explosives is beyond me. Particularly with the intent of celebrating a failed act of terrorism.

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

Get a life

over a year ago

"Particularly with the intent of celebrating a failed act of terrorism. "

fireworks don't really bother me much, but I have never known which side fireworks night is celebrating. Seems that the burning of Guido Fawkes effigies would indicate the night is to celebrate the triumph of state over religious extremists. I almost ran out of coffee once, can we have a national celebration day because I didn't actually run out?

over a year ago

I'm looking forward to a big bang in New Years eve

I've bought several "shot cakes" to see the New Year in

But seriously ... Being a dog owner I can sympathise

The only thing you could do is lobby the local authority to pass byelaws in when you can set them off.

Noise abatement or nuisance neighbours. ... but having the evidence is another thing

over a year ago

"bonfire night is 10 days long "

Jesus, anyone want to have a more nanny state as we already have, yes 10 days maybe with fireworks for Bonfire night but theres bloody 355 other days without them, minus New years eve

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

Northern Ireland has controls over the sale and use of fireworks, you have to apply for a license.

But it still doesn't stop people who haven't got a license from getting them as they get sold on.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Do you think they should be a law on letting them off only on 5th November. Because some wanker near me has been letting them off every day after it. My dogs are in a right mess. It's really pissing me off.

Get a life"

He is trying to ...a quieter one he wants

To the OP...it was like WW3 behind us last night, it is bloody annoying as they sound like bombs going off.

over a year ago

My dog hates them .... she hyperventilates each time she hears a bang .... its not nice to see ... she would have never made a gun dog and all her family are .. lovely black lab .. she hates them too

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Do you think they should be a law on letting them off only on 5th November. Because some wanker near me has been letting them off every day after it. My dogs are in a right mess. It's really pissing me off.

Get a life"

Do you have a pet that is scared of fireworks?

over a year ago

Get a lifeDo you have a pet that is scared of fireworks? "

I have had dogs in the past and fireworks never caused a problem. But then again, they were garden fireworks you used to buy from Standard. A few bottle rockets, a Roman candle or two, Chinese fountain, sparklers and the grand finale was a Catherine wheel. You don't need an aerial bombardment above your house. Restrict the size of fireworks available to the public. That's all you need to do. The massive explosions heard are almost always down to public displays. Let's get back to the seventies. Even the music was better.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

" Think like kids animals pick up on fears of their owners!! "

recognise that animals are perceptive but we have one who trembles and one who is bothered not in the slightest..

some animals will be more prone to certain stimuli, different personalities etc as we are..

By *uppy ConquerorMan
over a year ago

dundee

personally i would rather have a law banning dogs.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Get a life"

Its a valid point being discussed, clearly your contribution as eloquent as usual has been vague..

in what way should the OP 'get a life'..?

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"personally i would rather have a law banning dogs. "

why?

By *uppy ConquerorMan
over a year ago

dundee

"personally i would rather have a law banning dogs.

why?"

My neighbours dog makes a lot more noise than fireworks and thats 365 days a year. They smell and piss and shit all over the place. plus there alot dangerous.

By *uppy ConquerorMan
over a year ago

dundee

more dangerous

over a year ago

"personally i would rather have a law banning dogs. "
Add cats to That... don,t mind a few dogs thou

Or a few pussy,s

over a year ago

in Lancashire

why?My neighbours dog makes a lot more noise than fireworks and thats 365 days a year. They smell and piss and shit all over the place. plus there alot dangerous."

then the issue is your neighbour yes..

clearly if they are keeping animals and there are anti social elements or an effect on folks living near by there are ways of addressing it..?

would you ban all cars..?

By *uppy ConquerorMan
over a year ago

dundee

why?My neighbours dog makes a lot more noise than fireworks and thats 365 days a year. They smell and piss and shit all over the place. plus there alot dangerous.

then the issue is your neighbour yes..

clearly if they are keeping animals and there are anti social elements or an effect on folks living near by there are ways of addressing it..?

would you ban all cars..?"

there is ways of dealing with it. unfortunately the only effective one would probably land me in jail.

over a year ago

Get a life

Its a valid point being discussed, clearly your contribution as eloquent as usual has been vague..

in what way should the OP 'get a life'..?"

over a year ago

U need a licence over here for them and can only get them at Halloween (we don't do the whole 5th november thing) still very easy to get without a licence though

over a year ago

Fireworks going off again here blimey Is It november the 5th again already I bet This will be on and off to the new year and perhaps beyond.

Post new Message to Thread