By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

At least an effigy has been. Personally, I think its a good likeness

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29921797

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

I've grown to quite like him after recent events.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sounds like a good idea to me...

He tried to split the UK up, and lost me some Scottish friends who had been close to me before....

over a year ago

From what I read yesterday, there were two that were going to be set ablaze, but following complaints, decisions were taken not to burn either of them.

Shame

By *its_n_piecesCouple
over a year ago

it's usually polite to wait until the person which the effigy is based on dies ... no one would've dreamed of burning thatcher effigies until it was scientifically proven that we were safe and she wasn't coming back now would they

over a year ago

"At least an effigy has been. Personally, I think its a good likeness

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29921797"

Oddly oddness.

over a year ago

lol how pathetic,,anti Scottish fuckwits

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"it's usually polite to wait until the person which the effigy is based on dies ... no one would've dreamed of burning thatcher effigies until it was scientifically proven that we were safe and she wasn't coming back now would they"

Apparently its a tradition in Lewes, they did a Cameron one a couple of years back, so being dead aint a requirement

By *its_n_piecesCouple
over a year ago

"it's usually polite to wait until the person which the effigy is based on dies ... no one would've dreamed of burning thatcher effigies until it was scientifically proven that we were safe and she wasn't coming back now would they

Apparently its a tradition in Lewes, they did a Cameron one a couple of years back, so being dead aint a requirement "

since when has anyone in Lewes been polite though?

over a year ago

Just followed the link posted by OP.

It is the same article I had previously read.

If you read it closely, neither of the two effigies of AlexSalmond actually made it onto any bonfires.

Oh well, never mind.

over a year ago

"lol how pathetic,,anti Scottish fuckwits"

Not really, it's a tradition there to burn an effigy of somebody 'current' and in the news. Far from being anti-Scottish fuckwits they might actually have a sense of humour - something that may have bypassed those who complained!

They didn't cancel the burning of David Cameron and Nick Clegg in 2010 - but that's alright though hey as they're English ? ....

Tch, some people need to lighten up, I thought the Scots were good at satire (or is that Saltire?)

By *hrissie1961Woman
over a year ago

dumfries and galloway

Couldn't burn him and his side kick Nik Nik hard enough for me

By *icklybitMan
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Gnasher Nic.

By *rRetourMan
over a year ago

T.Wells

They compromised and blew one effigy up with fireworks instead. I know some pleasant (but strange) folk from Lewes?!!

over a year ago

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/11/14 18:38:11]

over a year ago

And of course Salmond was in no way anti-English to the point of being a racist? For a man called 'Wee Eck' he told some pretty BIG lies about us and used us to try and win. Sadly he lost because I would have loved to see the look on his face today with oil at $80 and falling when his promise of Scottish Nirvana was based on oil at £130 a barrel. It hasn't been over £110 for 2 years of course. That is a 38% hole in your budget Mr Salmond ...

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I've grown to quite like him after recent events. "

You can have him. He's no use to man nor beast.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/11/14 19:40:05]

over a year ago

"lol how pathetic,,anti Scottish fuckwits

And of course Salmond was in no way anti-English to the point of being a racist? For a man called 'Wee Eck' he told some pretty BIG lies about us and used us to try and win. Sadly he lost because I would have loved to see the look on his face today with oil at $80 and falling when his promise of Scottish Nirvana was based on oil at £130 a barrel. It hasn't been over £110 for 2 years of course. That is a 38% hole in

your budget Mr Salmond ... "

why can't more people see this ?

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

And of course Salmond was in no way anti-English to the point of being a racist? For a man called 'Wee Eck' he told some pretty BIG lies about us and used us to try and win. Sadly he lost because I would have loved to see the look on his face today with oil at $80 and falling when his promise of Scottish Nirvana was based on oil at £130 a barrel. It hasn't been over £110 for 2 years of course. That is a 38% hole in

your budget Mr Salmond ... why can't more people see this ? "

55% of those who voted DID see it.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"That is a 38% hole in

your budget Mr Salmond ... why can't more people see this ?

55% of those who voted DID see it."

And I am one of the 55% but I wont say what my feelings are about the man, but a certain woman? I have the same feeling for!

I'll say no more

over a year ago

"it's usually polite to wait until the person which the effigy is based on dies ... no one would've dreamed of burning thatcher effigies until it was scientifically proven that we were safe and she wasn't coming back now would they"

Difficult to burn them alive that way

over a year ago

Not really, it's a tradition there to burn an effigy of somebody 'current' and in the news. Far from being anti-Scottish fuckwits they might actually have a sense of humour - something that may have bypassed those who complained!

They didn't cancel the burning of David Cameron and Nick Clegg in 2010 - but that's alright though hey as they're English ? ....

Tch, some people need to lighten up, I thought the Scots were good at satire (or is that Saltire?)"

yea burn the fuckers

Post new Message to Thread