Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

how liberal are you?

Jump to newest

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

I'm starting to wonder about people around here, I've seen a few rather nasty posts recently and comments...... you would think people who choose an alternative way of thinking about their sex life would have a liberal approach to most things. But it seems not. even starting to think some of the folks round here would vote UKIP god forbid!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"

I'm starting to wonder about people around here, I've seen a few rather nasty posts recently and comments...... you would think people who choose an alternative way of thinking about their sex life would have a liberal approach to most things. But it seems not. even starting to think some of the folks round here would vote UKIP god forbid! "

People can have liberal attitudes to life but more extreme politics. I dont see they are necessarily connected.

over a year ago

This forum proves beyond any doubt that sadly being sexually liberated in some cases does not indicate any sort of liberalism on any other issues. On occassions I see more intolerance, anger and bigotry on here than any other forum I've ever frequented.

over a year ago

I'm a liberal extremist lol, no I know what you mean, I've seen some things on here that have had me running to the calendar screaming "oh Christ, it's 1977, I'm going to be late for school" lol, I personally take most of it with a pinch of salt, and maybe a sprig of rosemary in some cases, I just live in hope that the free speech that we are so proud of will let common sense prevail.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

I'm starting to wonder about people around here, I've seen a few rather nasty posts recently and comments...... you would think people who choose an alternative way of thinking about their sex life would have a liberal approach to most things. "

On the contrary, I am surprised when people expect to have *anything* in common with other people who just happen to need/want casual sex! All types of backgrounds, beliefs and personalities are represented here.

By *olwaySonarMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

Whats wrong with voting UKIP? perfectly legal political party and there's plenty of the general public from all walks of life voting for them.

Maybe there should be only one party to vote for so there is no debate or difference of opinion.

By *luezuluMan
over a year ago

Suffolk

Another anti UKIP thread starting again I see.

Well the OP on a previous UKIP thread.

Just sits, watches and smiles

over a year ago

"

I'm starting to wonder about people around here, I've seen a few rather nasty posts recently and comments...... you would think people who choose an alternative way of thinking about their sex life would have a liberal approach to most things. But it seems not. even starting to think some of the folks round here would vote UKIP god forbid! "

Don't mention the G word either! That one goes down like a Jim Davidson joke at Lib Dem conference

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Oh and PS I don't consider myself particularly liberal generally either.

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

People don't judge themselves by the same standards as they judge others.

The construct of 'normal' is so different to each person that being liberal or right-wing is hard to measure.

People allow themselves more leeway for their own situations but don't extend that to others in my opinion. So it skews perceptions.

There is a huge UKIP contingent on Fab, you aren't imagining things.

over a year ago

I think that some people on here aren't as sexually liberated as they would like us to believe. They seem to have a lot to say about other people's sex lives,often ridiculing them and making judgements. Often saying they don't have morals and not recognising that even having a bi woman join them is deemed immoral to society. It's been an eye opener for me and I'm extremely open minded

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/11/14 09:54:55]

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"

Tin hats and bomb shelter then

over a year ago

"I think that some people on here aren't as sexually liberated as they would like us to believe. They seem to have a lot to say about other people's sex lives,often ridiculing them and making judgements. Often saying they don't have morals and not recognising that even having a bi woman join them is deemed immoral to society. It's been an eye opener for me and I'm extremely open minded "

I think this is a very valid point. People preferences are regularly questioned, criticised and even ridiculed.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Society contains all kinds of people with all kinds of views, ideologies, political affiliations, religious beliefs, preferences and attitudes.

Why should the population of Fab (or the swinging scene in general) - given that it is made up of individuals drawn from society - be any different?

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

A

By *andy_tomMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

"I think that some people on here aren't as sexually liberated as they would like us to believe. They seem to have a lot to say about other people's sex lives,often ridiculing them and making judgements. Often saying they don't have morals and not recognising that even having a bi woman join them is deemed immoral to society. It's been an eye opener for me and I'm extremely open minded "

over a year ago

It would be a boring world if everyone was the same.

over a year ago

"Another anti UKIP thread starting again I see.

Well the OP on a previous UKIP thread.

Just sits, watches and smiles"

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

its a broad 'church' as others have stated, takes all sorts to make a world etc..

as for ukip whilst they are far from my choice I don't see it a problem if that's folks chosen party..

always good to have a healthy and robust debate within reason and without being nasty..

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"always good to have a healthy and robust debate within reason and without being nasty.. "

wasn't trying to be nasty I was making the point I would have thought anyone with a leiberal attitude towards fucking strangers wouldn't be so narrow minded in other area's.... just double standards?

must add to profile, no fucking torries or kippers........... but BNP voters welcome as we don't judge

over a year ago

"always good to have a healthy and robust debate within reason and without being nasty..

wasn't trying to be nasty I was making the point I would have thought anyone with a leiberal attitude towards fucking strangers wouldn't be so narrow minded in other area's.... just double standards?

must add to profile, no fucking torries or kippers........... but BNP voters welcome as we don't judge "

We already have 'No Tories' in our profile It is teamed up with no sun readers and no Coldplay fans...

crystal

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"no Coldplay fans...

crystal"

top call..... music for people who don't like music.

can we add X Factor watcher? oh shit Ang watches it!

over a year ago

"always good to have a healthy and robust debate within reason and without being nasty..

must add to profile, no fucking torries or kippers........... but BNP voters welcome as we don't judge

We already have 'No Tories' in our profile It is teamed up with no sun readers and no Coldplay fans...

crystal"

So maybe I should put no lefties or guardian readers then?

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"So maybe I should put no lefties or guardian readers then?"

you choice but who'd want to shag a tory?

over a year ago

"So maybe I should put no lefties or guardian readers then?

you choice but who'd want to shag a tory? "

Not very liberal considering your opening post

over a year ago

you choice but who'd want to shag a tory? "

Well I would obviously.

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"Not very liberal considering your opening post "

maybe mate but a tory... a man has to have standards I'd sooner shag a wolves fan!

over a year ago

"Not very liberal considering your opening post

maybe mate but a tory... a man has to have standards I'd sooner shag a wolves fan!"

Bizarre. But hey ho

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"-I'd sooner shag a wolves fan!

Bizarre. But hey ho "

I know shagging a dingle....

over a year ago

Not liberal enough to only cam we actually enjoy swinging thanks op your input is fascinating on a swingers site

over a year ago

I guess it would be a good way of putting people off that I wasn't realy keen on, just say are you a leftie guardian reader. Save a lot of time.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Don't forget that talking of drugs is not allowed so why posts were removed

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

" your input is fascinating on a swingers site "

all I'm getting at is how one person can be so liberal in one area of their life but then in others so "conservative" and moralistic towards others ????????

By *oxesMan
over a year ago

Southend, Essex

I should imagine that some people are on here for reasons other than sex or a cohersive influence has been place over them. Why yes they may say they are here because they love sex but what is the real reason(s). They may be on here for instance to escape the real world, like in a difficult relationship or they may have depression as two examples out of many.

That could explain why some people (on fab) are not as liberal as you would imagine. They are not liberal in the real world and you really have to ask if that is the case then surly they may not be liberal in the Cyber world too.

A second question has to be asked if both the cases are correct then surly Is this really right for them?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

" your input is fascinating on a swingers site

all I'm getting at is how one person can be so liberal in one area of their life but then in others so "conservative" and moralistic towards others ????????"

Sexual liberation doesn't mean you have no morals.

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"I should imagine that some people are on here for reasons other than sex or a cohersive influence has been place over them.

A second question has to be asked if both the cases are correct then surly Is this really right for them? "

@ last a useful POV cheers..........

By *oxesMan
over a year ago

Southend, Essex

"I should imagine that some people are on here for reasons other than sex or a cohersive influence has been place over them.

A second question has to be asked if both the cases are correct then surly Is this really right for them?

@ last a useful POV cheers.........."

Your welcome

over a year ago

One positive thing about this thread is its increased my block list

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

" Sexual liberation doesn't mean you have no morals."

but how can you be one way for yourself and then go around judging others????

thats seems like one's having one's cake and eating it....

over a year ago

crystal

So maybe I should put no lefties or guardian readers then?"

It's your profile so go for it

It's quite obvious the comments are relatively tongue in cheek. That said it forms a very effective filter, but far more about humour and attitude than because of political ideals

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"One positive thing about this thread is its increased my block list "

ouch you bitch..........

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

" Sexual liberation doesn't mean you have no morals.

"

Everybody judges whether they want to admit it to themselves or not.

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"

It's quite obvious the comments are relatively tongue in cheek. T"

very much so @ times, but I am trying to make a point I don't get how you can think differently about others when you choose to be a sexual liberal?

its not a political choice at the end of the day... its a lifestyle one.

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"Everybody judges whether they want to admit it to themselves or not.

"

very much so..... but I aim not too and try even harder not too. I am no ones moral compass.

over a year ago

all I'm getting at is how one person can be so liberal in one area of their life but then in others so "conservative" and moralistic towards others ????????"

We have morals and are centre right in our political persuasion but what we enjoy privately is our business ! Sexual gratification has often been used by the liberal or left wing press to criticise us but we don't spend other people's money consider a job a priledge not a right and pay our own way thanks !

over a year ago

you choice but who'd want to shag a tory?

Not very liberal considering your opening post "

That's liberalism for you.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

Um, but isn't that exactly what you are doing? it seems to me the pot is seriously calling the kettle!! What do we have so far - tories, UKIP sympathisers, Coldplay listeners, soap watchers......seems to me you are indeed judging anyone who holds a different set of beliefs to your own!

over a year ago

"

yea it bewilders me im sure quite a few folk on here dislike tv/ts's judging by the sly comments ive seen or,nasty comments about peoples sexual orientation or their weight, colour etc

Funny though society seems to laugh at swingers and see's them as pery middle aged weirdo's

im glad im out n honest bout who I am.

over a year ago

Um, but isn't that exactly what you are doing? it seems to me the pot is seriously calling the kettle!! What do we have so far - tories, UKIP sympathisers, Coldplay listeners, soap watchers......seems to me you are indeed judging anyone who holds a different set of beliefs to your own!

"

They dont like Wolves supporters either

over a year ago

fucking multiple partners in all kindsa kinky and perverted ways doesnt make you any better or worse than the next person

your character is usually formed beforehand

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

very much so..... but I aim not too and try even harder not too. I am no ones moral compass."

As long as it is between consenting adults I don't care what people do BUT even in swinging there are a couple of things that make me think that's not right but I don't normally comment on them.

I just don't think non swinging and swinging life need to be the same, just because you are liberally minded sexually doesn't mean you have to be in your non swinging life.

over a year ago

"

I'm starting to wonder about people around here, I've seen a few rather nasty posts recently and comments...... you would think people who choose an alternative way of thinking about their sex life would have a liberal approach to most things. But it seems not. even starting to think some of the folks round here would vote UKIP god forbid!

yea it bewilders me im sure quite a few folk on here dislike tv/ts's judging by the sly comments ive seen or,nasty comments about peoples sexual orientation or their weight, colour etc

Funny though society seems to laugh at swingers and see's them as pery middle aged weirdo's

im glad im out n honest bout who I am."

The only way to be hun

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

" Coldplay listeners, soap watchers......seems to me you are indeed judging anyone who holds a different set of beliefs to your own!

"

everyone can choose and do what they want and I really arn't judging just making an observation how some people on here get very moralistic towards others.... I can forgive anything but I can't forgive Coalplay listeners... tats just wrong on any level!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

" just because you are liberally minded sexually doesn't mean you have to be in your non swinging life. "

maybe you are right here, just seems odd that all to me....

over a year ago

I'm a staunch.

By *oxesMan
over a year ago

Southend, Essex

crystal

It's your profile so go for it

It's quite obvious the comments are relatively tongue in cheek. That said it forms a very effective filter, but far more about humour and attitude than because of political ideals"

Healthy Debates make the world gor round , Makes the individual reflect on themselves and can increase Cohesion and integration with peoples of different views. Debating is healthy

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Ironic post OP

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"Funny though society seems to laugh at swingers and see's them as pery middle aged weirdo's"

dam we are outted!

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

I'd say for a lot of the population, sexual liberation does mean immorality.

I'm sure most people wouldn't even consider swinging as sexual liberation.

The point being that morality is relative.

By *ola.Woman
over a year ago

Just where I need to be.

I believe I am quite liberal. I respect that others may have different views and opinions to me. I am always willing to learn and explore different ideas whether in a sexual or non sexual manner.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

" just because you are liberally minded sexually doesn't mean you have to be in your non swinging life.

maybe you are right here, just seems odd that all to me...."

So EVERYTHING in life you are liberal to? What if someone mugged an old lady in front of you, would you say "there there mr mugger man, you must be skint, take the money" or would you think " what a shit"?

over a year ago

crystal

So maybe I should put no lefties or guardian readers then?"

I think by being clear on your profile about the type of people you wish to meet you are more likely to meet those you want to meet.

If you don't want to meet people who read the guardian or have left wing views then I believe by specifying that on your profile it may assist in filtering those people out for you.

Our comment is very much tongue in cheek and I know we have friends who have Coldplay albums in their collection. Their other qualities mean we don't hold their poor music taste against them

We also have a friend who is a Tory supporter and I know 2wheels very much enjoys debating views with him as our friend is able to use his intelligence to effectively discuss his views.

crystal

over a year ago

crystal

I think by being clear on your profile about the type of people you wish to meet you are more likely to meet those you want to meet.

If you don't want to meet people who read the guardian or have left wing views then I believe by specifying that on your profile it may assist in filtering those people out for you.

Our comment is very much tongue in cheek and I know we have friends who have Coldplay albums in their collection. Their other qualities mean we don't hold their poor music taste against them

We also have a friend who is a Tory supporter and I know 2wheels very much enjoys debating views with him as our friend is able to use his intelligence to effectively discuss his views.

crystal"

Yes well that should work, but I'm very specific about what I'm looking for but it still doesn't stop people asking if I'll do something compleatly differant!!! Anyway that's a whole differant thread!! Haha!!

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

" just because you are liberally minded sexually doesn't mean you have to be in your non swinging life.

So EVERYTHING in life you are liberal to? What if someone mugged an old lady in front of you, would you say "there there mr mugger man, you must be skint, take the money" or would you think " what a shit"?"

Liberals endorse mugging of old ladies?

Keep flinging that mud.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

So EVERYTHING in life you are liberal to? What if someone mugged an old lady in front of you, would you say "there there mr mugger man, you must be skint, take the money" or would you think " what a shit"?

Keep flinging that mud. "

We were talking about morals etc and not a political stance

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

" What if someone mugged an old lady in front of you, would you say "there there mr mugger man, you must be skint, take the money" or would you think " what a shit"?"

bit of an extreme analogy but no I would no support the mugging of anyone. But I would ask the question of what brings the person to feel they need to commit such a crime and have no choice in it?

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"

Keep flinging that mud. "

do they?

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

I dont know OP.

Define Liberal to me then I might be able to answer

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

" What if someone mugged an old lady in front of you, would you say "there there mr mugger man, you must be skint, take the money" or would you think " what a shit"?

bit of an extreme analogy but no I would no support the mugging of anyone. But I would ask the question of what brings the person to feel they need to commit such a crime and have no choice in it? "

Then you have morals and judgement in your non swinging life, just like probably all of us.

As for someone mugging an old lady, it is probably because they know it is easy for them. I bet they wouldn't mug a 6 foot 4 Rugby player.

over a year ago

" What if someone mugged an old lady in front of you, would you say "there there mr mugger man, you must be skint, take the money" or would you think " what a shit"?

bit of an extreme analogy but no I would no support the mugging of anyone. But I would ask the question of what brings the person to feel they need to commit such a crime and have no choice in it? "

Do you have an example where you were surprised another fab user wasn't as liberal as you thought?

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"This forum proves beyond any doubt that sadly being sexually liberated in some cases does not indicate any sort of liberalism on any other issues. On occassions I see more intolerance, anger and bigotry on here than any other forum I've ever frequented.

"

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"I dont know OP.

Define Liberal to me then I might be able to answer"

for me open mindedness, not quick to judge (which is why I posted this thread to start off with) and the ability see things from all sides... which I don't always do myself but I try hard too.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

must add to profile, no fucking torries or kippers........... but BNP voters welcome as we don't judge "

I didn't for a moment think you were being nasty..

I don't think that the 2 go together tbh, think one can be of any mind and still want to and clearly some do have casual sex and are narrow minded..

as long as that's cool with whomever then crack on..

over a year ago

Didn't realise you had to be a liberal to swing. We should leave. Anyone want to join the ukip, tory, Coldplay swinging site.

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

" Do you have an example where you were surprised another fab user wasn't as liberal as you thought? "

yes mate some knob spouting shit...... thinking its ok to slag others off....

Ang get's a lot of shit on here and then when she says no they get arsey with her...... not very liberal?

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

" ukip, tory, Coldplay swinging site. "

a kipper coldplay fan.... time to bring back hanging

over a year ago

"Didn't realise you had to be a liberal to swing. We should leave. Anyone want to join the ukip, tory, Coldplay swinging site. "

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

Keep flinging that mud.

We were talking about morals etc and not a political stance "

How much difference is there between liberalism and liberal morality?

over a year ago

" Do you have an example where you were surprised another fab user wasn't as liberal as you thought?

yes mate some knob spouting shit...... thinking its ok to slag others off....

Ang get's a lot of shit on here and then when she says no they get arsey with her...... not very liberal?"

Ok, maybe something more specific??

On the people getting arsey side, use your filters, no one can message me unless they are verified and a site member, works a treat

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

so a 'swinger' by definition shouldn't have any opinions ergo judge others..?

are you not being judgemental about other folks right to be so also..

over a year ago

So EVERYTHING in life you are liberal to? What if someone mugged an old lady in front of you, would you say "there there mr mugger man, you must be skint, take the money" or would you think " what a shit"?"

I think some people do have more liberal views not necessarily to crime but certainly to punishment. Look at the times the death sentence has been discussed on here or high profile crimes and they are some of the most divissive and opinionated threads.

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"How much difference is there between liberalism and liberal morality? "

good question maybe one I should look at more... maybe I have the wrong idea of swingers been cool liberals with free love..... not right wing jack booting nazi's shagging anyone they want too.....................

oh fuck why did I write that.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

Keep flinging that mud.

How much difference is there between liberalism and liberal morality? "

I am not sure I want to get into a debate with someone who twisted my post so much, so I might leave it there thanks.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Didn't realise you had to be a liberal to swing. We should leave. Anyone want to join the ukip, tory, Coldplay swinging site. "

I am now totally confused, cos I like a bit of coldplay and am a bit leftie, pinko sandal wearing but not keen on vegetable lasagne though cous cous is ok..

we have met and become friends with folks of all persuasions via this aspect which tbh we may not have socialised with in vanilla land..

even Chelsea fans..

there is common ground amongst most of us I would think..

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

[Removed by poster at 06/11/14 12:06:15]

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

"

good question maybe one I should look at more... maybe I have the wrong idea of swingers been cool liberals with free love..... "

This isn't 1960s San Fran but it would be cool if it was.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"How much difference is there between liberalism and liberal morality?

good question maybe one I should look at more... maybe I have the wrong idea of swingers been cool liberals with free love..... not right wing jack booting nazi's shagging anyone they want too.....................

oh fuck why did I write that."

its either ignorance or attention seeking?

hardly the thoughts of a liberal person..

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"even Chelsea fans..

there is common ground amongst most of us I would think.. "

fuck that is liberal!

over a year ago

I'm very liberal as I'm from a very liberal country!

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

"

Keep flinging that mud.

How much difference is there between liberalism and liberal morality?

I am not sure I want to get into a debate with someone who twisted my post so much, so I might leave it there thanks. "

I interpreted it as I read it but ok

over a year ago

The trouble is that even moronic pricks can have opinions

over a year ago

very much so..... but I aim not too and try even harder not too. I am no ones moral compass.

As long as it is between consenting adults I don't care what people do BUT even in swinging there are a couple of things that make me think that's not right but I don't normally comment on them.

I just don't think non swinging and swinging life need to be the same, just because you are liberally minded sexually doesn't mean you have to be in your non swinging life. "

I totally agree.

Of course we'd rather meet people with similar outlooks in life to us. I'm sure that's true of everyone. But I realise that not everyone does. And I'm not sure that there is any real logic to the theory that those at the opposing end of the political spectrum would be more or less sexually liberal than us

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"its either ignorance or attention seeking? hardly the thoughts of a liberal person.."

maybe a bit of both... as today I am very bored... but I was trying to make a serious point about the way people who live an alternative lifestyle arn't very open minded towards others... and maybe I am as bad if not worse for judging the judgers (is that a word?)

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The trouble is that even moronic pricks can have opinions"

indeed

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"I dont know OP.

Define Liberal to me then I might be able to answer

for me open mindedness, not quick to judge (which is why I posted this thread to start off with) and the ability see things from all sides... which I don't always do myself but I try hard too."

Thanks

Yes Im 'mostly' Liberal

over a year ago

"

It's quite obvious the comments are relatively tongue in cheek. T

very much so @ times, but I am trying to make a point I don't get how you can think differently about others when you choose to be a sexual liberal?

its not a political choice at the end of the day... its a lifestyle one."

I am selectively sexually liberal. I have my own morals and ethics and will play with people who fit into those views (unless I am doing something which means I don't want to get to know them or if things are spontaneous, but then I will apply different values). I do not play with everyone.

The one area I am more conservative in is playing with protection. I will urge people within the swinging scene who don't currently use condoms to start using them. The more people play without condoms, the higher the risk of transmitting infections, the more people pick up infections which then means swinging becomes more risky for me.

crystal

over a year ago

"Didn't realise you had to be a liberal to swing. We should leave. Anyone want to join the ukip, tory, Coldplay swinging site.

I am now totally confused, cos I like a bit of coldplay and am a bit leftie, pinko sandal wearing but not keen on vegetable lasagne though cous cous is ok..

we have met and become friends with folks of all persuasions via this aspect which tbh we may not have socialised with in vanilla land..

even Chelsea fans..

there is common ground amongst most of us I would think.. "

You can join as I am quite liberal.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Didn't realise you had to be a liberal to swing. We should leave. Anyone want to join the ukip, tory, Coldplay swinging site.

even Chelsea fans..

there is common ground amongst most of us I would think..

You can join as I am quite liberal. "

a most appealing thought ..

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"playing with protection. I will urge people within the swinging scene who don't currently use condoms to start using them. The more people play without condoms, the higher the risk of transmitting infections, the more people pick up infections which then means swinging becomes more risky for me.

crystal"

I thought it was mostly given as a rule that condoms are used? I know a few poeple offer/prefer bareback but on the whole its no bag no shag......

are there people in clubs that go bareback? and do you get tested regular?

By *oxesMan
over a year ago

Southend, Essex

Thous god damn Liberal Chelsea fans and their infernal Coldplay music. lol

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol.

"This forum proves beyond any doubt that sadly being sexually liberated in some cases does not indicate any sort of liberalism on any other issues. On occassions I see more intolerance, anger and bigotry on here than any other forum I've ever frequented.

"

Sadly many are not sexually liberated and with little intention of meeting..

over a year ago

"

I'm liberal but I think I'd find it impossible to connect with the polar opposite of me politically.

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

"Society contains all kinds of people with all kinds of views, ideologies, political affiliations, religious beliefs, preferences and attitudes.

Why should the population of Fab (or the swinging scene in general) - given that it is made up of individuals drawn from society - be any different?

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

A"

A small percentage of the Fab population contribute to the forums, and that percentage like any other social media forums tend towards having a solid base of regular contributors.

So maybe unwise to make sweeping generalisations on such small samples.

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"

Sadly many are not sexually liberated and with little intention of meeting.. "

interesting POV made... and taken on board....

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"So maybe unwise to make sweeping generalisations on such small samples."

this is true and maybe we should do more research into non-liberal jack boot wearing kippers.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

over a year ago

"

People can have liberal attitudes to life but more extreme politics. I dont see they are necessarily connected. "

Totally agree. I'm liberal for sex but conservative for a lot of other things

over a year ago

"playing with protection. I will urge people within the swinging scene who don't currently use condoms to start using them. The more people play without condoms, the higher the risk of transmitting infections, the more people pick up infections which then means swinging becomes more risky for me.

crystal

I thought it was mostly given as a rule that condoms are used? I know a few poeple offer/prefer bareback but on the whole its no bag no shag......

are there people in clubs that go bareback? and do you get tested regular?

"

For me it's a given rule but you do hear and see of situations where it doesn't happen plus not everyone is 100% honest about using condoms 100% of the time. I do see people going bare and I will not play with people who I know engage in bareback sex with multiple partners.

I do get tested regularly and so far, no problems. I've also been vaccinated against hep b.

crystal

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I think I am fairly liberal. We are all people with rights and opinions.

However, some may see their rights and opinions as more important than others'.

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"For me it's a given rule but you do hear and see of situations where it doesn't happen plus not everyone is 100% honest about using condoms 100% of the time. I do see people going bare and I will not play with people who I know engage in bareback sex with multiple partners.

I do get tested regularly and so far, no problems. I've also been vaccinated against hep b.

crystal"

we must think about this now... there;s no way we would play bareback.. but its other not us... how often do you? or should you get yourself tested if on the scene and active? as we aren't active its not a worry yet.

over a year ago

Well for us this is a site which facilitates our desire to enjoy sexual adventures with others .

If someone asked which political persuasion we followed before a meet we would probably block them !

Each to their own and all that , but we don't give a flying fuck about anything other than whether our playmates are fit , clean and up for the same kind of fun as we are

over a year ago

Surely part of being liberal means accepting that others have different beliefs to you (maybe even voting UKIP) and not deriding or looking down on them for it. It's good to disagree and debate and explain to someone why you don't agree with their point of view, but surely it's important to accept that they're entitled to come to their own views and political persuasions just as much as you are.

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

" not deriding or looking down on them for it. "

I don't think I look down on them for it (although I do pity those right wing kippers)

and it really wasn't a political think I was getting at, I was trying to ask why that when you have such a liberal/free thinking hobby so many people on here do look down on others less fortunate than they are...

By *essiCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

And its not even Thursday yet...

over a year ago

"For me it's a given rule but you do hear and see of situations where it doesn't happen plus not everyone is 100% honest about using condoms 100% of the time. I do see people going bare and I will not play with people who I know engage in bareback sex with multiple partners.

crystal

we must think about this now... there;s no way we would play bareback.. but its other not us... how often do you? or should you get yourself tested if on the scene and active? as we aren't active its not a worry yet."

The more people you play with, the higher the chances are of you playing with someone who does bareback or has barebacked in the past thus increasing your risk of potentially exposing yourself to STIs.

Ideally, you would have a test between everyone you play with to ensure that you are clear before playing with anyone else, however, there are STIs that take some time to become detectable by tests. You can only ever get false negatives from a STI check, never a false positive so although you may be given the all clear, the all clear means that an infection wasn't present in the sample that was taken. It doesn't mean that the infection isn't present.

I get tested whenever I have a chance and as there's a GUM clinic just down the road from us its easy for me to take advantage.

I see getting tested not just a way of taking care of my own sexual health but as a way of looking after those I play with, the people that play with them, the people that play with them, the people that play with them (and so on).

crystal

over a year ago

What does being liberal with your sex life mean?

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"What does being liberal with your sex life mean? "

i guess open, swingers, ravers?

over a year ago

"Whats wrong with voting UKIP? perfectly legal political party and there's plenty of the general public from all walks of life voting for them.

Maybe there should be only one party to vote for so there is no debate or difference of opinion.

"

Beat me to it haha

By *luezuluMan
over a year ago

Suffolk

"So maybe unwise to make sweeping generalisations on such small samples.

this is true and maybe we should do more research into non-liberal jack boot wearing kippers.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"

Sits watches and smiles even more

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"Whats wrong with voting UKIP? perfectly legal political party

"

didn't want this to be a ploitcal thread but wtf...

they are a bunch of neo nazi raciest bigots......... BNP in hinding.

By *ranthamThroatMan
over a year ago

Grantham.

Green button by peoples name will refer to their other posts, seems you aren't as free thinking as you espouse to be, but hey ho.

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

they are a bunch of neo nazi raciest bigots......... BNP in hinding. "

think I must add a disclaimer here, all of the above comments form the opinion of the male half of our profile... Ang has nowt to do with the rubbish I type on here to kill an hour or three...

over a year ago

they are a bunch of neo nazi raciest bigots......... BNP in hinding. "

So we take it that guarantees them a vote from you??

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"they are a bunch of neo nazi raciest bigots......... BNP in hinding.

"

now I am raciest?

the one thing you get from yanking the toilet chain is the shit gets flushed away............................................................................................

over a year ago

they are a bunch of neo nazi raciest bigots......... BNP in hinding.

think I must add a disclaimer here, all of the above comments form the opinion of the male half of our profile... Ang has nowt to do with the rubbish I type on here to kill an hour or three... "

I am going to vote ukip, better go and source some jack boots.

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"I am going to vote ukip, better go and source some jack boots. "

my condolences to you and your family.

over a year ago

"they are a bunch of neo nazi raciest bigots......... BNP in hinding.

now I am raciest?

the one thing you get from yanking the toilet chain is the shit gets flushed away............................................................................................"

That was a joke chap!!

We were attempting to say, but obviously you didn't get it, that you don't seem to like them!!

By *y2fun OP   Man
over a year ago

DUDLEY

"

That was a joke chap!!

We were attempting to say, but obviously you didn't get it, that you don't seem to like them!!"

sorry I missed it..... fabanoid has set in... my inbox is full of kippers giving me evil's... that fuck for the block button...

over a year ago

Well you can tell there aren't that many liberals by the amount that the op got attacked for voicing their oppinion

People think that libs are soft, not true, we just see everyone's point, and don't judge them for it, I had more respect for the BNP than UKIP at least they were honest about what they were

Post new Message to Thread