Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

"ladies" hysterectomy

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi ladies, have any of you had a hysterectomy lately? How long did you have to wait once it was decided? How long were you in hospital? Is the recovery about 6 weeks?

I am on the waiting list now and really want this over and done with to start living my life again

five years of female problems is quite enough!!!!

Any advice would be great x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"Hi ladies, have any of you had a hysterectomy lately? How long did you have to wait once it was decided? How long were you in hospital? Is the recovery about 6 weeks?

I am on the waiting list now and really want this over and done with to start living my life again

five years of female problems is quite enough!!!!

Any advice would be great x"

I had a myomectomy which is similar except they remove any tumours but leave the uterus intact. I was told it was the same recuperation period. I was off work 2 months and was still recovering after that.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I had one many years ago now (2007).

It was brilliant. I chose the date for the appointment to fit around my work schedule; I chose the consultant I wanted; I chose the type of hysterectomy I wanted.

As I had chosen the date I waited longer than was being offered to me but it gave me an opportunity to handle the drugs they gave me to help prepare for the op. It also meant that I could be booked in for a full blood transfusion beforehand (most people won't need this).

I had a full hysterectomy carried out vaginally. It meant that I didn't have any external cuts to heal but it did leave me bruised and it's a long operation.

I was out in three days and walking around two days later. I was working from home two weeks later and back in the office after 6 weeks.

It has made my life so much better it is hard to believe how ill I was before it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My daughter had a hysterectomy when she was 18, she had had problems since she was a child, they decided a full hysterectomy was the only option when she was admitted to hospital last may she was admitted on the 10th they operated on the 13th she was in 9 days in total before she came home, she has many after problems, the operation left her incontinent and she had a operation a year later to have a band round her bladder to help give her better control, this isn't a common problem but it can happen, took them a while to get the right mix of medication after and she had a massive weight gain which lead her to going on anti depresses, I think it was a mix of the uncontrollable weight gain, being incontinent and knowing she'd never have kids that made her depressed, over all its been a rough 18 month for her

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

"My daughter had a hysterectomy when she was 18, she had had problems since she was a child, they decided a full hysterectomy was the only option when she was admitted to hospital last may she was admitted on the 10th they operated on the 13th she was in 9 days in total before she came home, she has many after problems, the operation left her incontinent and she had a operationa year later to have a band round her bladder to help give her better control, this isn't a common problem but it can happen, took them a while to get the right mix of medication after and she had a massive weight gain which lead her to going on anti depresses, I think it was a mix of the uncontrollable weight gain, being incontinent and knowing she'd never have kids that made her depressed, over all its been a rough 18 month for her "

how awful for her to have one so young and have so many problems

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"My daughter had a hysterectomy when she was 18, she had had problems since she was a child, they decided a full hysterectomy was the only option when she was admitted to hospital last may she was admitted on the 10th they operated on the 13th she was in 9 days in total before she came home, she has many after problems, the operation left her incontinent and she had a operation a year later to have a band round her bladder to help give her better control, this isn't a common problem but it can happen, took them a while to get the right mix of medication after and she had a massive weight gain which lead her to going on anti depresses, I think it was a mix of the uncontrollable weight gain, being incontinent and knowing she'd never have kids that made her depressed, over all its been a rough 18 month for her "

Poor girl (((hugs)))

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanks ladies and for my in-boxes xx

Post new Message to Thread