Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

damned if you do, damned if you dont!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Don't reply to messages and get flooded with abuse about being ignorant (avg. 3 messages a min, so impossible to keep up). Nicely reply with a no thanks and either get abuse for being stuck up or lots of follow up messages begging for a chance!!

How do you win on here??? Lmao

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

filters, use them, and contact the people who interest you!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No, there's no winning. Best not to worry about it and do what you like.

over a year ago

Msg..no thanx but good luck x

Then block

over a year ago

You don't! If your nice they bombard you with messages as to why you don't want to meet if you ignore your rude and ignorant

over a year ago

Tell me about it!

over a year ago

"Msg..no thanx but good luck x

Then block "

over a year ago

"Don't reply to messages and get flooded with abuse about being ignorant (avg. 3 messages a min, so impossible to keep up). Nicely reply with a no thanks and either get abuse for being stuck up or lots of follow up messages begging for a chance!!

How do you win on here??? Lmao"

dont take it so personal.... Its the internet dear

.A

over a year ago

You reply with a polite no thanks then block so no further contact can be made. I never used to do this but either got abuse or the Spanish inquisition as to why it was a no trying to change my mind. Chances are if you don't block, they'll message again at a later date so blocking is the way forward

over a year ago

Dont relpy then block

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

It's not happened to me (yet) but I'd just block and forget about it

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

You could try finding them, killing them, then making a lamp shade out of their skin. I know I would!

over a year ago

I was told I was 'a minging whore' once because I politely turned someone down! Honestly, why message me then?! haha

over a year ago

"Msg..no thanx but good luck x

Then block "

I always take that pretty well actually and for you ladies after a while you'll have blocked most of the ones you're never going to look at

over a year ago

3 messages a min ? Wow ! Take heart at that rate it won't be long before you have had a message from everyone on here.

over a year ago

It's not all blokes is it? There are douche bags all over!

over a year ago

"3 messages a min ? Wow ! Take heart at that rate it won't be long before you have had a message from everyone on here. "

And I have fat fingers , I thought I had hidden pics not put this as profile pic

over a year ago

I really don't get that "why don't you what to meet me" mentality that some guys seem to have. If they get turned down once, do they really think that being arsey about it is going to make the woman change her mind??

over a year ago

"I was told I was 'a minging whore' once because I politely turned someone down! Honestly, why message me then?! haha"

Its funny how you can go from a gorgeous sex goddess to a fat old cow in the space of one message. Oh the male ego can be a fragile thing! Very immature response, just confirms the decision not to meet as the correct one with an attitude like that.

over a year ago

"You could try finding them, killing them, then making a lamp shade out of their skin. I know I would! "

over a year ago

Having Messaged the OP and not received a reply I certainly wouldn't follow it up with further messages.

over a year ago

Just block single guys and send messages to ones that interest you.

over a year ago

"Having Messaged the OP and not received a reply I certainly wouldn't follow it up with further messages. "

After reading this I wouldn't recommend it!

over a year ago

As a new girl on here you will be flooded with messages from every single male within 100 miles. You user name will increase that to 200 miles and they will be one liner crap fantasist shit that you learn to avoid. Use filters and search yourself. Ive got mine off at the moment cos ive got a meet up. Despite a ranty profile even I still get crap. You recognise the decent ones.

over a year ago

I'm trying the ignore and block technique ATM....but will be nobody left soon lol. I have filters and use them but most are useless. Would like a proximity filter as I hate receiving messages from folk in Preston, Wigan, Leeds, warrington, Liverpool etc etc who tell me its not far...its too far for my preference and nobody even the most amazingly funny Adonis will make me change my mind lol.

over a year ago

"I'm trying the ignore and block technique ATM....but will be nobody left soon lol. I have filters and use them but most are useless. Would like a proximity filter as I hate receiving messages from folk in Preston, Wigan, Leeds, warrington, Liverpool etc etc who tell me its not far...its too far for my preference and nobody even the most amazingly funny Adonis will make me change my mind lol."

Why are the filters useless ?

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"I'm trying the ignore and block technique ATM....but will be nobody left soon lol. I have filters and use them but most are useless. Would like a proximity filter as I hate receiving messages from folk in Preston, Wigan, Leeds, warrington, Liverpool etc etc who tell me its not far...its too far for my preference and nobody even the most amazingly funny Adonis will make me change my mind lol."

I've made it easier for you and blocked you.

over a year ago

These threads make me

OP the site offers you filters to use, so why not use them? Then you wouldn't have to worry about the messages that your getting

over a year ago

"I'm trying the ignore and block technique ATM....but will be nobody left soon lol. I have filters and use them but most are useless. Would like a proximity filter as I hate receiving messages from folk in Preston, Wigan, Leeds, warrington, Liverpool etc etc who tell me its not far...its too far for my preference and nobody even the most amazingly funny Adonis will make me change my mind lol.

Why are the filters useless ? "

Because I don't have a preference who messages me, if they are new (so am I) if they're not verified (catch 22 if nobody will meet you) if they don't have public photos (as long as they attach in message) and site supporters make no difference to me.... Plus I'm not so that'd be silly

over a year ago

"I'm trying the ignore and block technique ATM....but will be nobody left soon lol. I have filters and use them but most are useless. Would like a proximity filter as I hate receiving messages from folk in Preston, Wigan, Leeds, warrington, Liverpool etc etc who tell me its not far...its too far for my preference and nobody even the most amazingly funny Adonis will make me change my mind lol.

I've made it easier for you and blocked you. "

over a year ago

"These threads make me

OP the site offers you filters to use, so why not use them? Then you wouldn't have to worry about the messages that your getting "

But that would mean less attention for the op then.

over a year ago

Report abuse,say no thanks and block,or read and delete

If you don't want to use filters then you have to deal with added messages,plus you're new so that will attract a lot more attention at the moment

over a year ago

3 messages a minute!? Blimey, the grass isn't always greener on the other side!

A no reply is (or rather SHOULD be) universally accepted as 'not interested' so move on and ignore the idiots.

There's nothing quite like a bruised male ego for bringing the worst in us men

over a year ago

"You could try finding them, killing them, then making a lamp shade out of their skin. I know I would! "

Could make a tapestry I reckon.

over a year ago

I say no politely but block if they get abusive after having a laugh at their stupidity. A scary profile aimed at a small minority also helps.

over a year ago

I say no politely but block if they get abusive after having a laugh at their stupidity. A scary profile aimed at a small minority also helps.

over a year ago

"filters, use them, and contact the people who interest you!"

This.

I reply to every first message. Never had a nasty reply. Many nice replies in fact.

over a year ago

There is no winning.

There is only failing with style.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 04/11/14 18:03:19]

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

don't do it if it causes drama, angst or owt else.....

life is too short.

over a year ago

"These threads make me

OP the site offers you filters to use, so why not use them? Then you wouldn't have to worry about the messages that your getting

But that would mean less attention for the op then. "

over a year ago

I actually agree with the OP about the filters. I've had great meets before with people who happened to be new and unverified at the time, so why should I want to block them all now? A "can't fucking spell for shit" and height filter would be more useful to me.

I just go with deleting anything I know I'm not interested in. If they follow it up with abuse then that gets deleted too. Messages do tail off after you're new...I generally get a flurry after posting a photo or status update but it's not unmanageable and I'm pretty quick at getting through them now.

over a year ago

"I actually agree with the OP about the filters. I've had great meets before with people who happened to be new and unverified at the time, so why should I want to block them all now? A "can't fucking spell for shit" and height filter would be more useful to me.

Yeah height or personal attributes plus location would be nice xx

I just go with deleting anything I know I'm not interested in. If they follow it up with abuse then that gets deleted too. Messages do tail off after you're new...I generally get a flurry after posting a photo or status update but it's not unmanageable and I'm pretty quick at getting through them now. "

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Sends a begging mail hey im even in Manchester wohoooo

over a year ago

i agree with OP too...after some while of attempting to be polite ive decided to go for the delete and block route,though i get nowhere as many messages, but it saves a lot of time...and though id like to think im above caring what some idiot the other side of the country thinks, its still not nice getting called horrible names for no reason...

By *sagent81Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Why not block all single guys. Then look through local guys and message the ones you like?

over a year ago

"Why not block all single guys. Then look through local guys and message the ones you like? "

I've done this many times over the years and find its more successful.

over a year ago

Thick skin

over a year ago

"Tell me about it! "

over a year ago

"I actually agree with the OP about the filters. I've had great meets before with people who happened to be new and unverified at the time, so why should I want to block them all now? A "can't fucking spell for shit" and height filter would be more useful to me.

I just go with deleting anything I know I'm not interested in. If they follow it up with abuse then that gets deleted too. Messages do tail off after you're new...I generally get a flurry after posting a photo or status update but it's not unmanageable and I'm pretty quick at getting through them now. "

this

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Remember to report the abusers too, as it helps to keep site standards up.

I'm generally pretty slow to attend to messages so often find they've written, got angry and undertaken spontaneous human combustion whilst I've been laughing in the forums. Once we're all implanted with chips that delete our profiles u pin death then they'll be unlos and I'll miss the drama. Saves a lot of no thanks and blocking.

By *sagent81Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"Why not block all single guys. Then look through local guys and message the ones you like?

I've done this many times over the years and find its more successful."

it would seem to make sense if you were getting too many messages.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/11/14 18:48:55]

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Indifference is your friend..... they are strangers, reply if you want, don't if you don't.

each time you don't reply, an angel does not die.

over a year ago

"Indifference is your friend..... they are strangers, reply if you want, don't if you don't.

"

Phew

over a year ago

"Indifference is your friend..... they are strangers, reply if you want, don't if you don't.

"

over a year ago

"

But is it true that every time someone's blesses you after a sneeze and you say thank you, a fairy dies?

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Don't reply to messages and get flooded with abuse about being ignorant (avg. 3 messages a min, so impossible to keep up). Nicely reply with a no thanks and either get abuse for being stuck up or lots of follow up messages begging for a chance!!

Message me. I send either a) a joke, b) a flirt or c) an angry 'don't message me' message depending on how many letters are in the message I get sent. Works wonders, believe me.

over a year ago

I was called judgemental

Because I politely pointed out that I don't meet married or attached guys

That's it's on my profile

Got a tirade of abuse

And was told he'd heard what I was like from others on this site

so just messaged bk with why was your interested in the first instance then

Hence got blocked hahaha!!

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It totally confuses me (Cal) do people think that being nasty is going to make you re-think??

I only ever abuse women in a nice way....

over a year ago

It's not the winning, it's the taking part

over a year ago

stop being so hot and tasty..its stops all people messaging

fancy a shag?...I can travel

Post new Message to Thread