Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

foot pain.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've got plantar fasciitis in both feet but incredibly painful in the right one. Anyone know how long its likely to last once I have the cause dealt with?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

No idea, but I hope someone gets you a pair of shoes, with bolted on casters for Crimbo

over a year ago

I can't roller skate to save my life. Tried it last year with the kids and nearly broke the bones of my are!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Do you know the cause ?

What happened to bring it on, as a specific activity may be at the root of this, so recovery might depend on that

And the bad news ... it's not going to go quickly

In some instances it can take up to a year

Though there are ways to manage and minimise the PF whilst healing

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

"I've got plantar fasciitis in both feet but incredibly painful in the right one. Anyone know how long its likely to last once I have the cause dealt with?"

Buy good quality trainers...do exercise with tennis ball..ie.rolling the ball back and for with the balls of your feet..it does work.

over a year ago

Its due to standing on very hard surfaces for very long periods of time. I have got the surface sorted but I can't wear trainers as we have to wear protective footwear so I have some gel insoles on their way to me. The info I had was to roll a tin that had been in the freezer, under my foot. I really need an effective painkiller really. Would ibuprofen gel be the best option? I didn't really want to take painkillers orally long term.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

There's some advice here:

http://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/292305

over a year ago

Also a sufferer of PF. Yes it's very painful. I have good quality trainers with orthotics put in them, I also wear a good pair of cushioned Nike flip flops around the house.

To get rid of pain instantly, go to your GP, he can give you a quarterzone injection in the heel. I will say this though, the injection is extremely painful. I gripped the chair & swore very loudly!!

over a year ago

I'm regularly on Naproxen and Codeine for mine. They have offered me the injection but having seen it done I refuse as there is no guarantee how long it will last.

Always walk heel to toe and use the full range no matter how painful....it helps in the long run

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Id have a chat with a real doctor to be honest OP

By *rtemisiaWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

"I've got plantar fasciitis in both feet but incredibly painful in the right one. Anyone know how long its likely to last once I have the cause dealt with?"

I've had that and I used supports in my shoes for a while. It does go but it may take a few months.

over a year ago

"Also a sufferer of PF. Yes it's very painful. I have good quality trainers with orthotics put in them, I also wear a good pair of cushioned Nike flip flops around the house.

To get rid of pain instantly, go to your GP, he can give you a quarterzone injection in the heel. I will say this though, the injection is extremely painful. I gripped the chair & swore very loudly!!

"

Cortisone

over a year ago

It might get me out of doing all the ironing so its swings and roundabouts I suppose.

over a year ago

I bought a red pedi roller, only £10, I freeze it and roll my plantar regularly, twangs a bit while doing it but the relief is worth it

over a year ago

"I'm regularly on Naproxen and Codeine for mine. They have offered me the injection but having seen it done I refuse as there is no guarantee how long it will last.

Always walk heel to toe and use the full range no matter how painful....it helps in the long run "

Always walk heel to toe, that's how I marched in the army. It really eases off once I have been walking a while.

Trouble was I am stood in one place on what seems like granite floor, for hours at a stretch and that's what caused it. Getting the immediate area covered with a dense foam to soften it. Have to tiptoe when I first get up and after driving for an hour to get to work, I am limping like long john silver across the car park to swipe in. Got a bit of a beard growing at the moment so people are going to start taking the piss soon and start asking where my buried treasure is.

over a year ago

You've got to tell occupational health at work, if you have them

If possible keep moving out just rocking from heels to toes ...

put on a dance cd and boogie

over a year ago

try changing your shoes.. mine was caused through wearing those crocs.try rolling a golf ball with your foot. its a very painful affliction hope it gets better soon,. try shoes with bit of a heel

By *an and wifeyCouple
over a year ago

n lincs

Suffered twice but not suffered for few years now. Try standing on bottom stair with just your toes on the stair and lowering yourself fully stretching the plantar muscle keep doing that for minute or so couple of times a week. I managed a week and not suffered since

Hope this helps

Know how painful it is

Post new Message to Thread