Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Carol Singers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ok, going along the same theme as my other thread, did you ever do this as a kid? And do you get them calling when the festive season is upon us, think it was about 8 years ago when we last had carol singers at the door, was the middle of November, as when I highlighted this to the 3 girls I was abruptly told "it's only six weeks away"

Needless to say the left empty handed.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes, done the singing bit and have Carol singers round every year. It's all done for charity so I don't mind that at all.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

We're too large a choir to go door to door so people come to us.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Yep, I used to inflict my singing on neighbours in years gone by....they finally told me to fuck off once I hit 35

I won't fork out for carol singers until December - and I expect at least a coupla verses for me 20p

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I sometimes get them round had three lads about 12 last year made them sing two full carols

over a year ago

There is a group of about 25 in the village and they knock on all the doors in the street so we all go out to listen at the same time.

over a year ago

The last time we had them it was a group from the church and they'd really come to sing to our eldery neighbours but we heard them so went out and listened too,they were really good

Half a verse of we wish you a merry christmas just doesn't cut it

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

When my grandma was dying of cancer a local family all played in a brass band and on christmas morning they went and played carols under her bedroom window. I will never forget that

Post new Message to Thread