Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Can he be stopped?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There's a guy I met months ago, he wasn't my type so I decided to not take things anywhere. Since then he's opened 4 or 5 accounts threatening to expose me (snap shot of pics) etc. I've reported all of the accounts but he creates another. Can his email be blocked or his IP?

I've closed 2 accounts and re-joined but he finds me somehow.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

stop reacting as you will be giving him the fuel he wants

Reply privately

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Block all newby's, all males and search for partners yourself.

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

i he is becomming such a pest then i would report him to the police, stalking is not taken lightly these days.

As for on here, are you using the same pics when you re-join?

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

if you have his email or a phone number contact the police, its harassment end of..

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"There's a guy I met months ago, he wasn't my type so I decided to not take things anywhere. Since then he's opened 4 or 5 accounts threatening to expose me (snap shot of pics) etc. I've reported all of the accounts but he creates another. Can his email be blocked or his IP?

I've closed 2 accounts and re-joined but he finds me somehow. "

try a different user name and location with no picture at all. Completely change your profile text and as others have said block single men, new members and unverified members.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've threatened him with the police but he doesn't seemed to be concerned.

With my new accounts I change pics, age and postcode

Just wish he'd leave me alone.

How do I block new men please on my account?

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I've threatened him with the police but he doesn't seemed to be concerned.

With my new accounts I change pics, age and postcode

Just wish he'd leave me alone.

How do I block new men please on my account?"

go to message filters on the menu on the left hand side

good luck

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"There's a guy I met months ago, he wasn't my type so I decided to not take things anywhere. Since then he's opened 4 or 5 accounts threatening to expose me (snap shot of pics) etc. I've reported all of the accounts but he creates another. Can his email be blocked or his IP?

If you try not to react they will get bored honest. Hard as it is to do

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks. I've used my filters, to block messages and hid myself on search x

Reply privately

By *hatsthisMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Youve had same profile for 6 weeks ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes, he's started again, thought he'd got tired of it but clearly not

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you try not to react they will get bored honest. Hard as it is to do "

Exactly this. Do not engage in conversation. Block and report.

I had something similar last year

It was getting scary so I tried ignoring and so far as of yet I've not heard anything.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It was getting scary so I tried ignoring and so far as of yet I've not heard anything. "

I've had it twice over the years. They do stop eventually no matter how scary it is at the time honestly xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

I had the same problem. Various new profiles, nasty status messages, copying pictures and mailing them to me, one profile text gave all my details - my real name and my village name. He's threatened to out me publicly and no matter what anyone says that it's silly to worry about someone the other side of a computer screen, it's not that easy when this happens constantly.

He will tire of it eventually, I hope mine has by now after three years!! Hide your profile, hide your pictures and show you won't give in. Good luck

Reply privately

over a year ago

It was getting scary so I tried ignoring and so far as of yet I've not heard anything. "

I did but he opened new accounts, gave me abuse until I had the chance to block

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hi, yes he can be stopped, how easily depends on the type of person he is. Next time he contacts you, reply saying you have reported the matter to the police and it being investigated as malicious communications/harassment. Tell him the fab administrators are assisting the police also. Tell him all messages are logged and that you will not be replying to any more messages as it is in the hands of the police. As a general rule that will do the trick, if not then report it for real as he is probably a nut job. Don't be too embarrassed to report it, if it was Facebook rather than fab then you wouldn't hesitate. Look after yourself

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I had the same problem. Various new profiles, nasty status messages, copying pictures and mailing them to me, one profile text gave all my details - my real name and my village name. He's threatened to out me publicly and no matter what anyone says that it's silly to worry about someone the other side of a computer screen, it's not that easy when this happens constantly.

He will tire of it eventually, I hope mine has by now after three years!! Hide your profile, hide your pictures and show you won't give in. Good luck "

Thank you, you understand where I'm coming from. It is scary as he knows my name and stuff, I had to hide my Facebook too as he made comments about my where abouts and stuff and my family. Think I need to go to the police x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hi, yes he can be stopped, how easily depends on the type of person he is. Next time he contacts you, reply saying you have reported the matter to the police and it being investigated as malicious communications/harassment. Tell him the fab administrators are assisting the police also. Tell him all messages are logged and that you will not be replying to any more messages as it is in the hands of the police. As a general rule that will do the trick, if not then report it for real as he is probably a nut job. Don't be too embarrassed to report it, if it was Facebook rather than fab then you wouldn't hesitate. Look after yourself "

Thank you, yes I'll do this next time x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Block men

all of them. And only message who you want to.

Reply privately

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Whats the matter with some people.

Good luck, hope he fucks off asap and leaves you alone

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/11/14 18:56:47]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I had the same problem. Various new profiles, nasty status messages, copying pictures and mailing them to me, one profile text gave all my details - my real name and my village name. He's threatened to out me publicly and no matter what anyone says that it's silly to worry about someone the other side of a computer screen, it's not that easy when this happens constantly.

He will tire of it eventually, I hope mine has by now after three years!! Hide your profile, hide your pictures and show you won't give in. Good luck

Thank you, you understand where I'm coming from. It is scary as he knows my name and stuff, I had to hide my Facebook too as he made comments about my where abouts and stuff and my family. Think I need to go to the police x"

Oh I know exactly where you're coming from and after three years it nearly drove me insane!

I'm sure the police will handle it sensitively for you and all it need is a visit or even a call from them and hopefully that will be enough to scare him off. Good luck and take care x

Reply privately

over a year ago

You could always play him at his own game, publish what you know about him on here, ie, email, phone number etc, I'm sure your fellow fabsters will send him a few choice words of wisdom x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank you, you understand where I'm coming from. It is scary as he knows my name and stuff, I had to hide my Facebook too as he made comments about my where abouts and stuff and my family. Think I need to go to the police x

Oh I know exactly where you're coming from and after three years it nearly drove me insane!

I'm sure the police will handle it sensitively for you and all it need is a visit or even a call from them and hopefully that will be enough to scare him off. Good luck and take care x"

Thank you x

Reply privately

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Hertford

. It is easy to say but I would just ignore him completely . In any event who would we expose you to ??. Unless you are famous the profile cannot be of any interest to a mass audience . I had a man constantly phone me once over about two weeks . He eventually stopped as I never reacted or replied. I did however contact both the police and my mobile phone operator in an attempt to trace the caller . These people are just hopelessly inadequate individuals and best ignored.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've closed 2 accounts and re-joined but he finds me somehow. . It is easy to say but I would just ignore him completely . In any event who would we expose you to ??. Unless you are famous the profile cannot be of any interest to a mass audience . I had a man constantly phone me once over about two weeks . He eventually stopped as I never reacted or replied. I did however contact both the police and my mobile phone operator in an attempt to trace the caller . These people are just hopelessly inadequate individuals and best ignored."

I'm not famous no but my family would be devastated if they learned what I was up to. Police need to know and give him a call x

Reply privately

over a year ago

" In any event who would we expose you to ??. Unless you are famous the profile cannot be of any interest to a mass audience . "

Are you for real?

we don't all live in big cities and don't care who knows about our private lives. I live in a very rural village where everyone knows everyone. Being outed would have had a negative effect on my job, my friends and my family! I really can't see what being famous has got to do with anything!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

" In any event who would we expose you to ??. Unless you are famous the profile cannot be of any interest to a mass audience .

Are you for real?

we don't all live in big cities and don't care who knows about our private lives. I live in a very rural village where everyone knows everyone. Being outed would have had a negative effect on my job, my friends and my family! I really can't see what being famous has got to do with anything!!"

exactly

Reply privately

over a year ago

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago

Anyway he found out where I worked ( think he followed me ) and wrote to my company about my lifestyle

Then got a haunted message on my voicemail asking for money

I changed my number. Block newbies and those without pics.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I had a similar problem a couple of years ago

Anyway he found out where I worked ( think he followed me ) and wrote to my company about my lifestyle

Then got a haunted message on my voicemail asking for money

I changed my number. Block newbies and those without pics. "

Why do people behave like this? Rejection doesn't need to be this way

Reply privately

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Definitely involve police. I have friends in police n they would still _iew this as way out of order regardless how he first knew you.

Reply privately

By *roncoverssereneCouple
over a year ago

NearYouVille

you're dammed if you do and don't, however, get everything to the authorities immediately...we read too many statistics where no action has been taken.

Within in the realms if safety and decency...get this monkey off your back...do it Now...before tears are spilt... Much Support Here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Best course of action would be to ignore all contact....read and delete...

If you fear for personal safety then you need to report to police.

Reply privately

over a year ago

" In any event who would we expose you to ??. Unless you are famous the profile cannot be of any interest to a mass audience .

Are you for real?

we don't all live in big cities and don't care who knows about our private lives. I live in a very rural village where everyone knows everyone. Being outed would have had a negative effect on my job, my friends and my family! I really can't see what being famous has got to do with anything!!"

I have to agree with u, I live in a small town and they are very judgemental, very narrow minded and they like to talk and gossip about people...Some people can really give u a hard time if you're doing something they don't approve of...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank you everyone. X

Reply privately