Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Point of the wink??

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anyone ever respond to it? Surely it's just seen as a lazy tool. Bet 99% are deleted straight away

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple
over a year ago

Manchester Area

We look as a sign of interest, the equivalent of the sly look across a bar

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"We look as a sign of interest, the equivalent of the sly look across a bar "

act on it often then?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've had two responses out of the three I send a few days ago so I'm quite happy with that

over a year ago

No, check the schedule: the weekly "what's the point of winks" thread isn't due to be posted again until tomorrow!

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple
over a year ago

Manchester Area

"We look as a sign of interest, the equivalent of the sly look across a bar

act on it often then? "

If people have read our profile, Yes

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I've had quite a few meets from interactions that began with a wink, both being winked at and doing the winking.

I scan my winks periodically and if the avatar interests me I'll look at the profile, if i like what I see I'll wink back.

Though I do know a fair few single females and couples who never look at their winks.

over a year ago

I wink back if I like the profile and it's pics. don't generally get a message though so I don't see the point in them winking really

over a year ago

"I've had two responses out of the three I send a few days ago so I'm quite happy with that "

A lady sending a wink will get a very different reaction to most guys sending winks - I use the facility very selectively and very rarely given the general dislike of winks by females and couples on similar threads on here.

I can imagine a lady sending a wink to someone that takes her fancy will be a lot more successful!

over a year ago

"No, check the schedule: the weekly "what's the point of winks" thread isn't due to be posted again until tomorrow!"

Didn't you get the news brief? There's so much demand for these now that the frequency has been increased - now every 6 days rather than 7

over a year ago

"No, check the schedule: the weekly "what's the point of winks" thread isn't due to be posted again until tomorrow!

Didn't you get the news brief? There's so much demand for these now that the frequency has been increased - now every 6 days rather than 7 "

Sorry, yes, i see that "why don't I get any replies" has been pushed back!

over a year ago

"No, check the schedule: the weekly "what's the point of winks" thread isn't due to be posted again until tomorrow!

Didn't you get the news brief? There's so much demand for these now that the frequency has been increased - now every 6 days rather than 7 "

it is this sort of reckless disregard for schedules that puts up all our forum insurance premiums!

over a year ago

"I've had two responses out of the three I send a few days ago so I'm quite happy with that

A lady sending a wink will get a very different reaction to most guys sending winks - I use the facility very selectively and very rarely given the general dislike of winks by females and couples on similar threads on here.

I can imagine a lady sending a wink to someone that takes her fancy will be a lot more successful!"

Haha. no its not

over a year ago

I've met guys that just winked in the first instance. I wouldn't have Come across their profile otherwise. It's a way of expressing an interest. That's the point of them.

over a year ago

"I've had two responses out of the three I send a few days ago so I'm quite happy with that

I can imagine a lady sending a wink to someone that takes her fancy will be a lot more successful!"

Not necessarily but I'll let you know when I send out a few more

over a year ago

"

a few whingers in the forum dislike them. ... Not females and couples in general. The forum does not represent the entire site!!

By *icefellatwoMan
over a year ago

hastings

"I've met guys that just winked in the first instance. I wouldn't have Come across their profile otherwise. It's a way of expressing an interest. That's the point of them. "

Thats it you will probably get 100 winks today now

over a year ago

"I've met guys that just winked in the first instance. I wouldn't have Come across their profile otherwise. It's a way of expressing an interest. That's the point of them.

Thats it you will probably get 100 winks today now "

and I'm happy to ignore those that don't interest me and respond to those that do. It's really not a big deal. And if I don't have time I won't look at them

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Some people respond, some people don't

With Platinum Membership you have unlimited winks to the same person so I like to use it as a form of morse code.

By *ench and StripeCouple
over a year ago

Stenalees

We use winks in 3 ways

1) to show interest while on mobile as decent messages can be hard to type.

2) To show interest where we are not quite sure we fit what your profile says you are looking for.

3) in response to a wink to say OK we are interested your move.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"We use winks in 3 ways

2) To show interest where we are not quite sure we fit what your profile says you are looking for.

3) in response to a wink to say OK we are interested your move."

There is a 4th option I employ:

The ironic wink.

For when you think their profile is a total disaster.

over a year ago

All of our friendships and meets from here have grown from the humble wink.

It's harmless and can't defend itself so leave the wink alone

over a year ago

"We use winks in 3 ways

3) in response to a wink to say OK we are interested your move.

There is a 4th option I employ:

The ironic wink.

For when you think their profile is a total disaster."

ha ha. ... I'm going to start doing this

over a year ago

I like them

I don't consider them lazy,I don't expect a personalised account of war and peace on initial contact,I hate copy and paste messages,a wink takes a second to do and I can ignore it without any issue or guilt

What is strange and pointless though is I ask for a wink because if I like who it comes from I'll contact them or wink back, yet if I ignore it I sometimes get a message a couple of days later asking if I got the wink?

Im trying to save you guys time here!

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Eastbourne

For me a wink is a time saver, it is a sign that I like your profile. I don't want to waste your time by sending a message that you have to read then delete, so I send a wink instead.

over a year ago

I have never looked at my winks. I will now after reading this thread.

over a year ago

Us average guys are left out

over a year ago

Post new Message to Thread