Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Getting the wrong idea

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you think verifications give newbies the wrong idea about swinging/ this site?

All the 'I highly recommend this person', 'best ever cock sucker', type phrases. And graphic minute by minute descriptions of what happened during the meet.

Does it reduce people to objects and make it seem like some sort of sex menu? Pick the one you want....?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I hadn't considered it before. Maybe.

I don't like and won't write or show graphic veris. What happened between me and others is our business.

I see veris as a means of showing you met and they were who they claim to be, not a re_iew system.

As if anyone would honestly show a bad veri anyway.

I think a lot of newbies already have the wrong idea of this site when they join. They don't need veris for that, although they might compound the incorrect beliefs.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

You could be right.

A phrase often repeated is "this isn't instashag" but I frequently read how x turned up and "we couldn't keep our hands off each other so got right.down to it in the hallway" and words to that effect.

Also people write on their profile that they want to play first meet as their timeis limited.

Mixed messages if you ask me.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If we got one " sucks like a Dyson,or licks for hours" it wouldnt go up, it is corny

Most of ours are socials, or the laughs, generally how people have taken us face to face.

Her

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

aren't swingers sexual athletes and the non swingers vanilla......

over a year ago

"If we got one " sucks like a Dyson,or licks for hours" it wouldnt go up, it is corny

Most of ours are socials, or the laughs, generally how people have taken us face to face.

Her"

How dare you say my veri's are corny.

I had a moronic comment about one - they thought it was a real veri.

But it made me wonder. Hence the OP.

over a year ago

"Do you think verifications give newbies the wrong idea about swinging/ this site?

All the 'I highly recommend this person', 'best ever cock sucker', type phrases. And graphic minute by minute descriptions of what happened during the meet.

Does it reduce people to objects and make it seem like some sort of sex menu? Pick the one you want....?"

I'm not sure what you mean by getting the wrong idea about the site? Some people do use the site like a sex menu. Is that wrong? Or just different to how you use it? We are constantly being told on the forums that we all use the site for different purposes so what makes one way of using it right and the other wrong?

over a year ago

"aren't swingers sexual athletes and the non swingers vanilla......"

Swingers invented sex.

Swingers meaning couples.

over a year ago

"If we got one " sucks like a Dyson,or licks for hours" it wouldnt go up, it is corny

Her

How dare you say my veri's are corny.

I had a moronic comment about one - they thought it was a real veri.

But it made me wonder. Hence the OP."

Take no notice, i dont

Her

over a year ago

"Do you think verifications give newbies the wrong idea about swinging/ this site?

Does it reduce people to objects and make it seem like some sort of sex menu? Pick the one you want....?

I'm not sure what you mean by getting the wrong idea about the site? Some people do use the site like a sex menu. Is that wrong? Or just different to how you use it? We are constantly being told on the forums that we all use the site for different purposes so what makes one way of using it right and the other wrong?"

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"aren't swingers sexual athletes and the non swingers vanilla......"

That makes me neither a swinger nor a non-swinger which is impossible. I've just disappeared through some kind of quantum effect as a result.

Someone please send Funky or 'vic to rescue me.

over a year ago

Not all noobs are that naive. It's down to the individual I think. I knew when I was new that one person's experience is unlikely to be the same as mine

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm not sure what you mean by getting the wrong idea about the site? Some people do use the site like a sex menu. Is that wrong? Or just different to how you use it? We are constantly being told on the forums that we all use the site for different purposes so what makes one way of using it right and the other wrong?"

People, well single men who ask why they can't get a meet are told not to expect instant sex, that women won't just dish it out.....but lo! here are verifications saying they do! I think that's the implication in the op.

over a year ago

Veris are important it's how a choose who to meet, it's when they are lies it bothers me, I had a veri, and he described this whole thing that never happened, in short, he wasn't the 8" he had promised and got nervous and couldn't perform, when he asked why I hadn't put it up, I explained it's because it never happened, and left his veri simply to say he will turn up if he says he will and is a nice guy

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

I'm not sure what you mean by getting the wrong idea about the site? Some people do use the site like a sex menu. Is that wrong? Or just different to how you use it? We are constantly being told on the forums that we all use the site for different purposes so what makes one way of using it right and the other wrong?

People, well single men who ask why they can't get a meet are told not to expect instant sex, that women won't just dish it out.....but lo! here are verifications saying they do! I think that's the implication in the op."

Technically that's true though, in part. Nobody should expect instant sex. That's not to say some aren't willing to do it and that some won't get it. It shouldn't be expected though.

To me that seems like common sense but then perhaps that's because I'm seeing it from a female point of _iew.

I can see how graphic veris could be misleading though. Still, even so, should that not incline men to expect instant sex from women with such veris rather than from every woman here?

over a year ago

People, well single men who ask why they can't get a meet are told not to expect instant sex, that women won't just dish it out.....but lo! here are verifications saying they do! I think that's the implication in the op."

Maybe that is because some do?

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I've removed a lot of my veris and just kept a few recent ones. I think the main thing a newbie is thinking when they read other peoples profiles and veris is 'how do I get a meet and a veri?' rather than glooming about the content.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"You could be right.

A phrase often repeated is "this isn't instashag" but I frequently read how x turned up and "we couldn't keep our hands off each other so got right.down to it in the hallway" and words to that effect.

Also people write on their profile that they want to play first meet as their timeis limited.

Mixed messages if you ask me."

Playing on the first meet doesn't always mean it is an instashag , as in they asked for a shag and you said yes come on over.

It might mean that they have done all the talking they need and if they meet and get on in real life then the play happens

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Does it reduce people to objects and make it seem like some sort of sex menu? Pick the one you want....?"

But isn't that what people are here for? picking someone they would like to have sex with and seeing if you both get on?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

That just means that the advice given by the forum is not gospel.

I think people who use the forum should realise that not everyone uses the site the same way as them

over a year ago

Sensible people won't have a problem with any of this,they'll get on and use the site as they want without being concerned with how other people do it

By *razedcatMan
over a year ago

London / Herts

Doesn't swinging involve a degree of objectification anyway?

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"Doesn't swinging involve a degree of objectification anyway? "

No, I don't think it needs to.

I don't consider any of the men I chat to or meet as objects to fill a need. They're individual people I am attracted to with whom I hope to spend some mutually enjoyable time.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"

People, well single men who ask why they can't get a meet are told not to expect instant sex, that women won't just dish it out.....but lo! here are verifications saying they do! I think that's the implication in the op.

I think people who use the forum should realise that not everyone uses the site the same way as them "

I think advising anyone not to expect instant sex is perfectly valid. They may get it but nobody should expect it.

Expectations, be that sex or replies to messages or anything else, leads to disappointment on here and is an underlying issue in a lot of the moans and complaints.

over a year ago

But isn't that what people are here for? picking someone they would like to have sex with and seeing if you both get on?"

Sarah x

over a year ago

But isn't that what people are here for? picking someone they would like to have sex with and seeing if you both get on?"

Yes. But I was thinking of a specific type of disrespectful people in my OP. It was only a question. People can use the site however they wish.

over a year ago

"Doesn't swinging involve a degree of objectification anyway?

No, I don't think it needs to.

I don't consider any of the men I chat to or meet as objects to fill a need. They're individual people I am attracted to with whom I hope to spend some mutually enjoyable time."

over a year ago

I had a conversation last night along similar lines. Our verifications, don't seem to paint us in a very 'sexy' desirable light! More on the lines, of a little unhinged and disturbed

over a year ago

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I had a conversation last night along similar lines. Our verifications, don't seem to paint us in a very 'sexy' desirable light! More on the lines, of a little unhinged and disturbed "

you say that as if its a bad thing

over a year ago

"I had a conversation last night along similar lines. Our verifications, don't seem to paint us in a very 'sexy' desirable light! More on the lines, of a little unhinged and disturbed "

Can't believe that.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

our verifications say we only ever meet socially

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"our verifications say we only ever meet socially "

I've met this nice couple socially. It was insta-social. And there were other people watching....and joined in too

over a year ago

"I had a conversation last night along similar lines. Our verifications, don't seem to paint us in a very 'sexy' desirable light! More on the lines, of a little unhinged and disturbed

Can't believe that. "

OI

over a year ago

"our verifications say we only ever meet socially "

Yes and I'm aunt Sally

over a year ago

"our verifications say we only ever meet socially

Yes and I'm aunt Sally "

Ello Aunt Sally fancy a piece of cake

over a year ago

"our verifications say we only ever meet socially

Yes and I'm aunt Sally

Ello Aunt Sally fancy a piece of cake "

Drizzle

over a year ago

I don't know about giving newbies the wrong idea, but some of them give me a very good idea of who to avoid. I hate the really graphic clichéd ones!

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I think veris are frequently used to give people the wrong idea about all sorts of things - either to 'big up' the writer, to enter into a pissing contest with other veris, or to court favour with the recipient, sometimes by 'selling' them like some cheap advertising pitch. Nauseating.

I was naive enough to be taken in a couple of times when I came here, especially with veris by someone I 'knew', because I am so straight in my own approach, I tend to take things at face value.

And yes, some veris do read like a sex experience shopping list, I am sure the people who display dozens of graphic veris will be objectified in that way - others in other ways too I would guess.

Nsa sex is prone to being de-personalised of it's nature. Objectification is treating someone 'without regard to their dignity' according to wiki, good phrase. I reckon that happens a lot on here, bottom we are all here to meet our own needs/wants, and that is not an altruistic starting point.

over a year ago

I think veris are frequently used to give people the wrong idea about all sorts of things - either to 'big up' the writer, to enter into a pissing contest with other veris, or to court favour with the recipient, sometimes by 'selling' them like some cheap advertising pitch. Nauseating.

I was naive enough to be taken in a couple of times when I came here, especially with veris by someone I 'knew', because I am so straight in my own approach, I tend to take things at face value.

And yes, some veris do read like a sex experience shopping list, I am sure the people who display dozens of graphic veris will be objectified in that way - others in other ways too I would guess.

Nsa sex is prone to being de-personalised of it's nature. Objectification is treating someone 'without regard to their dignity' according to wiki, good phrase. I reckon that happens a lot on here, bottom we are all here to meet our own needs/wants, and that is not an altruistic starting point.

"

You're definitely right on the pissing contest part. A lot are ultimately a way of the leaver of the veri using it as a boast about themselves - look how amazing and hot and what incredible sexual prowess this person has, so imagine how wonderful I must be to have pulled them.

All have to be taken with a very large pinch of salt.

over a year ago

Her"

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

At least they're accurate then

over a year ago

"I don't know about giving newbies the wrong idea, but some of them give me a very good idea of who to avoid! "

so true

over a year ago

"I had a conversation last night along similar lines. Our verifications, don't seem to paint us in a very 'sexy' desirable light! More on the lines, of a little unhinged and disturbed

At least they're accurate then "

over a year ago

"I don't know about giving newbies the wrong idea, but some of them give me a very good idea of who to avoid!

so true "

Er what are you implying.

over a year ago

"I don't know about giving newbies the wrong idea, but some of them give me a very good idea of who to avoid!

so true

Er what are you implying. "

Lol me? nothing at all my lovely

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

I think people who use the forum should realise that not everyone uses the site the same way as them

I think advising anyone not to expect instant sex is perfectly valid. They may get it but nobody should expect it.

."

To you yes...to others who use the site differently might have different advice.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

But isn't that what people are here for? picking someone they would like to have sex with and seeing if you both get on?

Yes. But I was thinking of a specific type of disrespectful people in my OP. It was only a question. People can use the site however they wish. "

Why are people disrespectful if they want something different than you?

over a year ago

My personal dislike when reading veri's is the phrase "Treat them/her well"

Cause obviously until I read this, I considered treating them/her appallingly............

"Don't pass him by ladies" is another I'm not keen on.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"

To you yes...to others who use the site differently might have different advice.

"

Really? You think anyone on here would advise that it's realistic to expect anything on here?

Desire? Yes. Hope for? Yes. Ask for? Yes. Expect? Recipe for disappointment.

I struggle to believe anyone would advise that anyone can expect replies/meets/sex.

Maybe it's possible but I'm having great difficulty believing it.

The best way to enjoy this place is take it as it comes, be patient and expect nothing. Most seem to either realise this or moan about their expectations not being met.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Yes. But I was thinking of a specific type of disrespectful people in my OP. It was only a question. People can use the site however they wish.

Why are people disrespectful if they want something different than you?"

Sometimes people are disrespectful even when they want the same thing I do!

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"My personal dislike when reading veri's is the phrase "Treat them/her well"

........."

But sometimes it's genuine - I was telling one of my regular meets how someone had been really messing with my head and he wrote something similar in a veri - but out of real concern I feel.

If I feel a veri is too cliched I won't display.

over a year ago

Why are people disrespectful if they want something different than you?"

That's not what I said at all. I respect other people's wishes whether they are same or different to me.

I was referring to people that are disrespectful in how they treat people.

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"Sensible people won't have a problem with any of this,they'll get on and use the site as they want without being concerned with how other people do it "
yes indeedy!

By *issyfaggotfayeTV/TS
over a year ago

Bolton

precisely why I don't bother with veri's

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

That's not what I said at all. I respect other people's wishes whether they are same or different to me.

I was referring to people that are disrespectful in how they treat people. "

Then I am very confused now as I was going by your first post.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

Really? You think anyone on here would advise that it's realistic to expect anything on here?

."

No, and not what I said at all.

What I did say was....some people DO meet straight away with people, people ARE different from each other and use the site a different way so may advise something other than you.

What you and others advise people to do wont suit everyone.

over a year ago

I don't like intimate details, I just want to see that they turned up, are the age they said they were and looked like their photo.

over a year ago

I had someone once who wanted to write his own verification and when I said I'm perfectly capable of writing one he went on to list things he wanted me to say and it read exactly the same as the verification from the last woman he met and not entirely accurate for me

over a year ago

Yes and have you noticed how every swinger is awesome in bed and gave me the best oral ever and lasted for hours and made me cum buckets in all veris most have lol..

you will never see anyone type something like what a disappointment lol.

For me the woman don't need to have veris and as well I am not bothered by them.. I meet straight away, short notice.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Do you think verifications give newbies the wrong idea about swinging/ this site?"

As newbies both to swinging, and this site, we would say no.

We love both the veries, and peoples profiles, since they indicate who prefer to start slow, who likes what, and how far people go either on a first, or subsequent meet.

It helps us find people who we are likely to click with, and who may be happy with us.

If anything they demonstrate the wide variety of people in this lifestyle, which in turn makes us feel more comfortable dipping our toes in (or occasionally jumping in with both feet!)

It is also fun, once you spot a fake profile, chasing down the threads of verifications to flag up other suspect profiles (like the one who had a meet with someone who, at the same time, was verifying four other people on cam - talk about multi-tasking!)

But yes, we would never display an explicit veri, but that's just our personal preference.

over a year ago

"I had someone once who wanted to write his own verification and when I said I'm perfectly capable of writing one he went on to list things he wanted me to say and it read exactly the same as the verification from the last woman he met and not entirely accurate for me "
lol that's awesome

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

Forgot to sign it, that was Mr ddc!

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"I had someone once who wanted to write his own verification and when I said I'm perfectly capable of writing one he went on to list things he wanted me to say and it read exactly the same as the verification from the last woman he met and not entirely accurate for me lol that's awesome "

Though obviously not this one, the one above it!

I can see the speed of this site getting me into all sorts of scrapes

Mr ddc

over a year ago

It can be good and bad. It's good for recommendation purpose. But then again youll get those who think those people will fuck everyone and I'm sure they get bombarded with messages.

Personally I'll say tell those you meet or fuck, to tone down the details in their comments. A simple " met so so and so today and she was easy to talk and funny and whatever and I'd love to meet her again"

over a year ago

I was referring to people that are disrespectful in how they treat people.

Then I am very confused now as I was going by your first post.

"

Apologies. I'm confused now.

I was referring to newbies that mail 'fancy a fuck' type messages. The types that assume we are all free prostitutes. That they are doing us a favour because we are all so desperate for sex we will meet straight away for a fuck.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with people that do meet after just one mail or use the site as a sexual fantasy menu.

I mean there's a difference between people that do it respectfully and those that are disrespectful.

My OP was a question. I'm certainly not saying people shouldn't have explicit veri's. I was just asking if people thought it gave the wrong impression of the site as a whole.

By *CoastFunMan
over a year ago

Southampron

Have to say I'm one that doesn't go by veri's at all. I'd like to think from conversation via messages I can work out whether we click or not and that the other person isn't a complete fruit loop (I know this is however quite tricky when simply looking through a monitor). A simple cam to cam will verify I am who I say I am and they are who they say they are, job done.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

Apologies. I'm confused now.

I was referring to newbies that mail 'fancy a fuck' type messages. The types that assume we are all free prostitutes. That they are doing us a favour because we are all so desperate for sex we will meet straight away for a fuck.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with people that do meet after just one mail or use the site as a sexual fantasy menu.

I mean there's a difference between people that do it respectfully and those that are disrespectful.

My OP was a question. I'm certainly not saying people shouldn't have explicit veri's. I was just asking if people thought it gave the wrong impression of the site as a whole. "

I did think you meant contact made by others to you but didn't want to read into your OP.

I am not really getting how people having explicit veri's is connected to mails asking for a fuck though so as I don't see how anyone else can be blamed for people getting unwanted mails.... then I don't think people having explicit veri's give the "wrong" impression.

Post new Message to Thread