Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Feeling low..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Sorry to whine but I need this out of my system.

Ever had one of those weeks?

I think I am I had to make the difficult decision of having my dog put to sleep after 16 happy years. Work is horrendously and I'm still sat at my desk churning out documents. Tomorrow looks even busier.

Missed tea as I worked though, too late to travel home. I just want to hand in my man card for tonight and have a good bawl.

I am even struggling to banter on the forums today, just not feeling it.

Thank you for reading. I'm sure tomorrow will be better, but right now I could do with a non sexual cuddle.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Man hug, dude ()

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

And if you cry you wont lose any man points.

over a year ago

Awwww feel for you .... We had our dog put to sleep three weeks ago after 16 years too.... Cried our eyes out all of us..... But knew deep down was his time to go . Hugs x x

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman
over a year ago

Glenrothes

Big hugs hon

over a year ago

I'd still take you out for that drink if you were closer x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Sorry to whine but I need this out of my system.

I think I am I had to make the difficult decision of having my dog put to sleep after 16 happy years. Work is horrendously and I'm still sat at my desk churning out documents. Tomorrow looks even busier.

Missed tea as I worked though, too late to travel home. I just want to hand in my man card for tonight and have a good bawl.

Thank you for reading. I'm sure tomorrow will be better, but right now I could do with a non sexual cuddle. "

Then may I suggest you cut yourself some slack and have a bit of a cry?

You might feel better for it.

Virtual strength winging its way to you and hope fro a better day tomorrow for you.

Please eat

over a year ago

Big hug xxx

By *ickawitchCouple
over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

Awwww it's definitely time for a cuddle you poor thing....

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Heres a cuddle for you sweetie, I hope tomorrow feels more positive xxx

over a year ago

Oh no sorry to hear about your dog. That's sad. One of those weeks, big hugs to you

over a year ago

Brother, those days happen to people all over the place, all of the time.

Just think of the good memories that made you smile with your dog, be grateful you have a job in a climate where some have struggled, and that you have plenty of forum love.

I can even give you cheesy jokes.

What's the most cheesy music?

R'n'Brie

Ok, I know it doesn't help, but at least you're concentrating on something else. Get a good sleep and try some exercise to de stress you.

over a year ago

big sloppy kiss and hug for ya..xxx

over a year ago

Dude, everyone has those times.....it's how we bounce back from the that defines us.

It's awful to lose a pet after so many years of love, feel your pain. Stay positive, us nutters will certainly try to cheer you up, some of us may even succeed.

Tomorrow's a better day.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

losing a dog after that many years is not an easy thing to deal with but it will get easier..

chin up fella..

over a year ago

Lots of cuddles and kisses coming your way and am very sorry about your dog

over a year ago

Seen you around here bud. . Always thought of you as a top chap . Have a wallow. . We all need one. Just be aware people around you care . Peace bro

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

group hug

over a year ago

Sending positive vibes xx

over a year ago

Aw that's so sad. Sorry to hear this x

over a year ago

"

"

Sorry about you're dog, I have 2 myself and I love dogs so sorry about that.

Take a time out bro.

Just disappear, re-fuel, re-asses, do lot's of fun shit to take you're mind off your dog.

over a year ago

Very sorry to hear about the tough times you are having, big hugs

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

Big friendly ((( hugs ))) hope ya feel brighter real soon ( mrs )

By *my-blackTV/TS
over a year ago

Poole

really sorry to hear about your dog. sad friend to lose.

sometimes it feels like the world is fucking you over and theres no end to it. it does get better though.

wish you all the best, take each day or even each 5 mins as it comes and get through the tough times. it does come good in the end

xxx

By *uicylucy76Woman
over a year ago

thornton cleveleys

Big hug for you.. Hope your week gets better. Xx

over a year ago

Thank you all! Waterworks going a treat here and it is helping. Gonna let it all out so back in a bit. R'n'Brie made me snort though

By *ust MonicaWoman
over a year ago

CAMBRIDGESHIRE

"group hug"

Definitely

over a year ago

"Thank you all! Waterworks going a treat here and it is helping. Gonna let it all out so back in a bit. R'n'Brie made me snort though "

Passes over the tissues , it's ok I don't want them back xx

over a year ago

Aww what a rubbish day. Take a big hug from me. Best wishes for a better day tomorrow. xxx

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

There is no shame in letting your feelings out, I bottle mine up and then they explode out at the wrong time, let it go xxx

over a year ago

I've had a terrible week too. But I always think there is always someone worse off than me. We just need to smile and carry on.

Big hugs OP and I hope things get better soon x

over a year ago

"Thank you all! Waterworks going a treat here and it is helping. Gonna let it all out so back in a bit. R'n'Brie made me snort though

Passes over the tissues , it's ok I don't want them back xx"

Be careful where they've been

And I know, I'll leave you with a cheesy conundrum...

What cheese is made backwards?

over a year ago

Sorry about your dog, if you were here I'd give you a cwtch. A cwtch is welsh for cuddle but they're a million times better!

over a year ago

Feel for you dude. Have had to do this twice myself.

over a year ago

"Thank you all! Waterworks going a treat here and it is helping. Gonna let it all out so back in a bit. R'n'Brie made me snort though

What cheese is made backwards? "

Knob cheese

over a year ago

"Man hug, dude ()"

You need to teat yourself too x

over a year ago

ps..it was a brotherly sloppy kiss I gave you bro..lol I had my dog put down a few years back..she was 20 years old..i know how you feel mate..its heart breaking..but things will get better..hang on in there bro

over a year ago

xx

over a year ago

Knob cheese "

Only you!!

The clue is in the question

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Allow yourself to grieve. Go outside, get some air and find something to eat. It will still all be there tomorrow.

No one will die if you don't write your report and I am sure you probably have enough good credit in the work bank to get away with being late with a report just this once.

Take care.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Knob cheese

Only you!!

The clue is in the question "

It's Edam

over a year ago

Knob cheese

Only you!!

The clue is in the question "

Whatttttt

over a year ago

Knob cheese

Only you!!

The clue is in the question

It's Edam"

Oh yeah , that's clever

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

(((Big Manhugs)))

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

A big hug and a bag of fish and chips

over a year ago

losing your dog must be really hard after so long. No wonder you feel fed up and down.

Be extra kind to yourself.Make sure you eat and stop working so late or your mind will be too active for you to sleep.

Sending hugs ((())) - look closely, remind you of anything, just trying to raise a smile. x

By *o30Woman
over a year ago

Lincoln

Big hugs and kisses, xoxo

over a year ago

Let it out later bud. Don't keep it in. I've recently split with my mrs after 9 turbulent years, lost my business and everything else. Having to start from scratch. Even back living with dad for now. Everything will pick up for you. Man hugs on its way

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

man hugs marmite

over a year ago

Hey man, however low you feel now, you have to remember that's just your mind bringing you down. it doesn't mean that's the way life is. So try to think of all the positives, focus on them each time you feel a bit glum and do some stuff that makes you smile, even if it takes a ton of energy.

And go to the gym, makes such a difference.

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Hertford

Missed tea as I worked though, too late to travel home. I just want to hand in my man card for tonight and have a good bawl. Sorry to hear about your dig. Best to remember the sixteen good years . I think sixteen is a long life for a dog .

Thank you for reading. I'm sure tomorrow will be better, but right now I could do with a non sexual cuddle. "

over a year ago

Sending a big platonic cwtch and healing thoughts. Losing your dog is losing a family member even if it was the right decision.

over a year ago

Big hugs and kisses hope things improve for you soon xx

over a year ago

Oh my goodness that is an awful day. So very sorry about your dog. They take a piece of our hearts with them don't they. Big squidgy hugs from me xx

over a year ago

Thank you for all your kind messages and advice.

I turned off the pc, an extra hour of work just isn't going to make a difference tonight.

I walked outside with a tear in my eye and a pain in my heart. I breathed in the clean cold air. It felt so fresh. And it rained. It rained a cold but cleansing rain, like the universe shared my tears.

I stood there and let it rain. Soaked to the skin I felt an elation that yes, I have lost a family member and friend, but whilst I still have a memory of him, he is never truly gone.

And I ran. Not for shelter but for the biggest puddle I could see. I jumped into it like a child. Why shouldn't I? And I kicked it about, kicking away the negative vibes that have crowded me.

Next was to get a pizza, laden with my favourite things. Why not give into temptation once in a while. So still dripping wet and shovelling pizza in my face I can say that for the first time since making the decision to make the hardest but kindest choice I smiled.

Knowing that the good people of fab know how to make you laugh. They know that it is ok to be yourself, express yourself. They don't judge you when you are down and will pick you up, with sage advice, a bad joke, a manly hug (or sloppy kiss) and a cwtch.

To those who bang on about cliques and such like, just look at this thread.

Tonight I feel part of something really special. Because each and every one of you are. You all make fab the place it is and I think the world is a better place for it.

Thank you xxx

I now need to dry my eyes, Just set myself off again xxx

over a year ago

"Thank you for all your kind messages and advice.

I turned off the pc, an extra hour of work just isn't going to make a difference tonight.

I walked outside with a tear in my eye and a pain in my heart. I breathed in the clean cold air. It felt so fresh. And it rained. It rained a cold but cleansing rain, like the universe shared my tears.

I stood there and let it rain. Soaked to the skin I felt an elation that yes, I have lost a family member and friend, but whilst I still have a memory of him, he is never truly gone.

And I ran. Not for shelter but for the biggest puddle I could see. I jumped into it like a child. Why shouldn't I? And I kicked it about, kicking away the negative vibes that have crowded me.

Next was to get a pizza, laden with my favourite things. Why not give into temptation once in a while. So still dripping wet and shovelling pizza in my face I can say that for the first time since making the decision to make the hardest but kindest choice I smiled.

Knowing that the good people of fab know how to make you laugh. They know that it is ok to be yourself, express yourself. They don't judge you when you are down and will pick you up, with sage advice, a bad joke, a manly hug (or sloppy kiss) and a cwtch.

Tonight I feel part of something really special. Because each and every one of you are. You all make fab the place it is and I think the world is a better place for it.

Thank you xxx

I now need to dry my eyes, Just set myself off again xxx"

don't dry them bud, just shows you care and you hurt...we're all here for you, you take it easy and lean on your friends, I got broad shoulders if ya need to lean

over a year ago

Thank you xxx

Thank you, for being so confident and honest to express how you feel, amazing description - really pictured you doing it all, great to hear you've had progress.

Always here to hear, keep those memories close and your chin up. Sleep well man.

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

Sorry to hear your sad news Mr Marmite.

My cousin recently lost her rescue dog that she'd had for over 10 years, we were all crying.

Pets become such an important part of the family.

over a year ago

Another man hug dude.

over a year ago

Big cwtch Mr Marmite. I had to make that same decision a few years ago and it broke my heart I have a medical condition that makes me feel down in the dumps when it plays up. A good cry and fresh air work wonders. Hope you'll be feeling a little bit better today x

over a year ago

This has to be the nicest thread in a long time and by that I mean all the replies. Makes me feel really happy that although I am closed for business ( no I don't charge , see I know how your brains work ) I decided to stay for the forums. It's made me warm and fuzzy inside especially the amount of guys that have posted offering hugs and shoulders.

Hope you are feeling a bit better today OP xxxx

By *ambslass48Woman
over a year ago

Peterborough

Awww bless xx I feel even worse just out of hospital after a week in due to breast cancer

over a year ago

Hope you're feeling a little better today.

((((Hugs))))

Xx

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

all the best to you and your dog

over a year ago

"This has to be the nicest thread in a long time and by that I mean all the replies. Makes me feel really happy that although I am closed for business ( no I don't charge , see I know how your brains work ) I decided to stay for the forums. It's made me warm and fuzzy inside especially the amount of guys that have posted offering hugs and shoulders.

Hope you are feeling a bit better today OP xxxx"

over a year ago

Just been laid off from my job because am to over qualified to work with other lads they didnt like the way i work

OH AM A GARDENER WORKED AT GROOMBRIDGE PLACE

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Two weeks ago I was in a real anxious state and I couldn't think straight. I felt I'd completely messed my life up and I was downright scared.

It's still really tough, but the people on here were very, very kind. There's no shame in feeling the way you are and well done for expressing it.

The least I can do is offer you a man-cwtch after all I had

Take care

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Apologies, I misread the OP. I never realised you had your dog put down.. sorry, I thought you were still facing the decision

all the best

over a year ago

Cheer up chicken, today is another day

Her

over a year ago

A few months and this period will be just a memory, a little moment that you came through. Chin up and take it day.... Warm virtual hugs coming your way... With maybe a cheeky squeeze xxx

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Fucking shit isn't it.

Do it. Sob your socks off, eat and do it all over again and again and when you're done, do it yet again.

By *s_bettyboopWoman
over a year ago

Hugs Mr Marmite hope you feel better today xx

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

The most positive thing about being down is there is only way way to go, and that's up...

Hope you feel better soon xx

Have to say I love your profile pic, as I'm sure most ladies do.....

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Sorry to hear about your dog Marmite, thoughts are with you mate

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Thank you xxx

Aw bless, big hugs, what a lovely post.

Remember 'Better a week early than a day late.' The most important thing we can do for our animals is to give them a kind end at the right time, so console yourself with the fact that you have had the strength to do the best thing for him. xx

over a year ago

Thank you xxx

I've only just read this post and sending hugs to you. xx

over a year ago

Sending hugs alot is stuff going on with you and the weather and clocks changing just makes it all even worse. Its good reading this that so many folk have sent you higs and yes its very manly to have a cry x

over a year ago

sorry to hear about your dog its hard having to make that decision i know x x

over a year ago

we lost our pet bunny a couple of weeks ago - our last pet ever we said as the pain of losing is too much - but its good to know we can take the suffering away - think on the happy times - in the meantime cry as much as ya need/want xxxx more hugs

over a year ago

Today has been a much better day, reading all the positive posts has helped no end!

I know that ultimately I did the kindest thing. A good cry, a lot of love from the room, some more crying and a bloody good night sleep has helped.

I must thank you all again for the support, this has got to have been the most positive thread I have been in and I have taken strength and comfort from it.

I would love to message you all individually, but please take this as a personal thank you from me to you xxx

I still hurt, but today I can take on the world knowing that I am part of a community that is unlike any other. You are all awesome

Only one other thing to do, get myself to Wales for a cwtch

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Awww bless xx I feel even worse just out of hospital after a week in due to breast cancer "

When I posted about my woes, a kind lady got in touch who was in a similar position to you.

I always did realise that my problems paled in insignificance compared to others, but this really brought it home.

I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Take care

By *adgodCouple
over a year ago

Greensburg

Best wishes that things will get better. So sorry to hear about your dog. Anyone who has been through it understands completely, and our hearts go out to you.

over a year ago

"

Only one other thing to do, get myself to Wales for a cwtch "

Glad you feel a bit better Mr Marmite and anytime you're in Wales there'll always a big Welsh Cwtch waiting for you x

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"Oh no sorry to hear about your dog. That's sad. One of those weeks, big hugs to you"
this

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Someone once said to me "falling down is part of life,,,, getting back up is living"

no rush getting up fella when you're ready

I think most folks have had to deal with the loss of a bbeloved pst and can sympathise and empathise

My fave joke of the moment

A flying insect flew through my open window, when it got into the room it exploded,, I think it's a jihaddy long legs,

over a year ago

Sorry about your dog honey, of be devastated if anything happened my wee puppydog.

Hope you're back on top again soon and feeling much brighter. Xx ((HUGS))

over a year ago

thank you

By *andixxxMan
over a year ago

Gloucester

Big hugs on the way to you!!!i know how you feel,I felt like that last Satuday!!xxx

By *ambslass48Woman
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Awww bless xx I feel even worse just out of hospital after a week in due to breast cancer

When I posted about my woes, a kind lady got in touch who was in a similar position to you.

I always did realise that my problems paled in insignificance compared to others, but this really brought it home.

Not a problem and lost my dog 2 years ago so know how sad you feel xx

I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Take care"

over a year ago

"Today has been a much better day, reading all the positive posts has helped no end!

I know that ultimately I did the kindest thing. A good cry, a lot of love from the room, some more crying and a bloody good night sleep has helped.

I must thank you all again for the support, this has got to have been the most positive thread I have been in and I have taken strength and comfort from it.

I would love to message you all individually, but please take this as a personal thank you from me to you xxx

I still hurt, but today I can take on the world knowing that I am part of a community that is unlike any other. You are all awesome

Only one other thing to do, get myself to Wales for a cwtch "

Seriously Mr M...I gotta agree with you...the peeps on here are fantastic...I don't know what it is, but kindred spirits I think...restores your faith in humanity...glad you've had a better day and you know we're all here for you bud x

over a year ago

"Today has been a much better day, reading all the positive posts has helped no end!

Only one other thing to do, get myself to Wales for a cwtch

Seriously Mr M...I gotta agree with you...the peeps on here are fantastic...I don't know what it is, but kindred spirits I think...restores your faith in humanity...glad you've had a better day and you know we're all here for you bud x"

By *effrey45Man
over a year ago

Lytham

The only cure for a lost dog is to bide your time and get a little guy - puppies or dogs never replace the old ones but they just have totally different characters - it's the magic of pet ownership

over a year ago

A final word on this subject if you will indulge me.

I brought his ashes home yesterday.

The kind words and support throughout this thread gave me great comfort and is truly appreciated. Thank you all xxx

over a year ago

Big hugs to you!

x

over a year ago

"A final word on this subject if you will indulge me.

The kind words and support throughout this thread gave me great comfort and is truly appreciated. Thank you all xxx"

I truly feel for you.

I too now have one of my dogs ashes home, she has pride of place beside a picture of her with her collar and leash beside that.

I only lasted a couple of weeks without her and was so bereft waking to an empty bedroom without my faithful friend that I got myself another puppy.

He's not a replacement for her but as has been said he is a different breed and character completely, I can see lots of fun with him in the future.

I have a second dog at the vets today to have a tumour removed and I'm hoping against hope that it all goes well as I cannot face losing another so soon. xxx

over a year ago

"A final word on this subject if you will indulge me.

The kind words and support throughout this thread gave me great comfort and is truly appreciated. Thank you all xxx"

Much thought for you too, I'm not alone on this thread in wishing you well

Post new Message to Thread