Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Don't ya just hate it when...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

you get a txt saying "Hi" from a number you don't recognize, so you reply back asking "Who is this?", then nothing back, so I rang the number and it just rang, no voice mail facility, who is this mystery person, come on fess up, who's been giving my number out?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Best text I got like that obviously thought they knew me, and asked at the end to say hi to my mum for them. Being as my mum died many years ago, I just returned by saying message not for me as the only way you could say hi to my mum would be through a medium!! Never had a reply don't know why, probably my warped sense of humour as always.

By *ixson-BallsMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

not guilty

By *ylde FloozyWoman
over a year ago

preston

I always ask people to add their name and fab lol, or I could end up being very embarrassed

over a year ago

The odds are it isn't anyone on here

over a year ago

I did get a txt a few weeks back telling me that "Laura would not be able to join Jack for his birthday party but hoped he had a really nice time", i replied back with "ok"

By *ickens CiderMan
over a year ago

taunton

"you get a txt saying "Hi" from a number you don't recognize, so you reply back asking "Who is this?", then nothing back, so I rang the number and it just rang, no voice mail facility, who is this mystery person, come on fess up, who's been giving my number out?"

Doubt anybody has been giving your number out... when I get these random unknown sort of numbers I google them... you'll often found them linked to scams and premium rate stuff... so alway google anything like that and you'll be surprise with what come up... I just hope you haven't not been charged a small third world debt for the call you made? Gulp! Exercise caution next time...

over a year ago

"I just hope you haven't not been charged a small third world debt for the call you made? Gulp! Exercise caution next time... "

over a year ago

Be wary of text messages from numbers you don't know as often it will be a piece of software firing out thousands of texts to random numbers and when you reply your number is highlighted as a valid phone number and then you'll be bombarded with texts.

over a year ago

"Be wary of text messages from numbers you don't know as often it will be a piece of software firing out thousands of texts to random numbers and when you reply your number is highlighted as a valid phone number and then you'll be bombarded with texts."

why do I get the feeling I'm gunna have to hange my number very soon

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"The odds are it isn't anyone on here "

are you sure, i'm led to believe there are quite a few "odds" on here.

By *ickens CiderMan
over a year ago

taunton

Have you googled the number yet? Might not be anything to worry about... but worth checking out online?

By *ooseLipsWoman
over a year ago

Durham-ish

"you get a txt saying "Hi" from a number you don't recognize, so you reply back asking "Who is this?", then nothing back, so I rang the number and it just rang, no voice mail facility, who is this mystery person, come on fess up, who's been giving my number out?"

Hi

over a year ago

haha I had a text like that today. Turned out to be someone from here who's number I had lost when I had an issue with my phone recently.

At least they answered my text when i asked who they were. Especially glad of that as they evidently knew I'd been to chams on Saturday

over a year ago

Googled the number and it's not on any spam list, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I get a reply.

Post new Message to Thread