Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

british police force

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

at it again, that man who died near the g20 events, the police are not to take further action.

The police are there to inforce the law, not make it up, altho it was the cps who are not taking it any further.

i feel for Ian Tomlinson's family

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"at it again, that man who died near the g20 events, the police are not to take further action.

The police are there to inforce the law, not make it up, altho it was the cps who are not taking it any further.

i feel for Ian Tomlinson's family"

i feel for the family as well... but in this case, if they can't determine how he died, then they can't prosecute....

By *onnoisseur100Man
over a year ago

Woking-ish

Apparently, not one policeman has ever been successfully prosecuted for manslaughter/murder in the last 40 years, despite the best efforts of the CPS (ha bloody ha)and there have been hundreds of suspicious deaths........

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The same as MP's.

One rule for them.

And

Another for the rest of us....

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"The same as MP's.

One rule for them.

And

Another for the rest of us...."

Aren't you overlooking the fact that, after 13 years of NuLabour it is now :

One rule for them, and

31,143 rules for us?

over a year ago

if the guy had pushed over the copper i'm sure the cps would have had the guy locked up and eating porridge by now.is it any wonder the public has lost faith with the police

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"if the guy had pushed over the copper i'm sure the cps would have had the guy locked up and eating porridge by now.is it any wonder the public has lost faith with the police"

the problem with the case is this....

1st post mortem concluded that the cause of death was a heart attack....

2nd post mortem concluded he died of internal bleeding......

3rd post mortem could not conclude that any of the hits the policemen may have made was the cause of any of the internal bleeding......

so he may have been internally bleeding for a while before ..... or the heart attack may have caused it.... or it may have been the policeman hitting him that caused it......

now.... you being the CPS..... how do you go about trying to persue that?????

over a year ago

"The same as MP's.

One rule for them.

And

Another for the rest of us....

Aren't you overlooking the fact that, after 13 years of NuLabour it is now :

One rule for them, and

31,143 rules for us?"

Bugger forgot about that one..

over a year ago

i've lost count of the number of times we've seen things going on and have seen police cars drive past scenes and ignore them, and having been the victims of break-ins and vandalism been told by the police that there is nothing they can do. We lost faith in the police a long time ago.

over a year ago

That’s it if it had been one of the police, who went down we would have not heard the end of it, as you say, no one is above the law, man walking home from work and is beaten up by the force that is there to protect him, where the justice, its not right and they should not get away with it.

over a year ago

"if the guy had pushed over the copper i'm sure the cps would have had the guy locked up and eating porridge by now.is it any wonder the public has lost faith with the police

3rd post mortem could not conclude that any of the hits the policemen may have made was the cause of any of the internal bleeding......

so he may have been internally bleeding for a while before ..... or the heart attack may have caused it.... or it may have been the policeman hitting him that caused it......

now.... you being the CPS..... how do you go about trying to persue that?????"

ok i'll turn that on its head and say if the policeman had been hit by the guy and died and the post mortem was the same are you telling me the guy would not have been procecuted.like hell he would have he would have been hung out to dry.its disgusting the footage is discrace to the police force

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

Police "force"???? I don't think so. I think you'll find it's the Police Service not "force".

And anyone who argues will have the shit kicked out of them by a team with their ID no's covered with gaffa tape.

Evenin' all.

over a year ago

"Police "force"???? I don't think so. I think you'll find it's the Police Service not "force".

And anyone who argues will have the shit kicked out of them by a team with their ID no's covered with gaffa tape.

Evenin' all."

i dont think theres any need for this type of post

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

The police do have such an easy job though - no drug crazed loons, no rapists or murderers, no one driving whilst d*unk, no one carying knives, just a total law abiding society - hang on - thats' not quite right! I feel sorry for the guys family but he wasn't totally blameless in all this and the post mortems weren't conclusive so no further action can be taken. Would everyone like prosecutions to take place without all the facts adding up? Z

over a year ago

the more corruption and law breaking in the police than outside it!

i really feel for this guys family he did nothin and died!

i was at the protests in scotland and i can say hand on heart the police were very heavy handed in both presence and tactics!

its the same with every situation , they use unneccery force just look at the pictures from the miners strikes in the 80s and many other protests x

over a year ago

i would like the law to be the same for everybody and seen to be just that.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"The police do have such an easy job though - no drug crazed loons, no rapists or murderers, no one driving whilst d*unk, no one carying knives, just a total law abiding society - hang on - thats' not quite right! I feel sorry for the guys family but he wasn't totally blameless in all this and the post mortems weren't conclusive so no further action can be taken. Would everyone like prosecutions to take place without all the facts adding up? Z"

Whilst I agree with 90% of your post I don't agree that Mr Tomlinson wasn't totally blameless....the guy was on his way home from work, he wasn't part of any demonstration.

By *UNCHBOXMan
over a year ago

folkestone

I think it would be upto the Crown prosceution service to decide if charges were to be brought. And im guessing they have decided there is little prospect of a conviction.

I would expect the office to still face an internal police disciplinary, as im pretty sure this would have been put on hold until a decision by the CPS on if to charge or not had been made.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"The police do have such an easy job though - no drug crazed loons, no rapists or murderers, no one driving whilst d*unk, no one carying knives, just a total law abiding society - hang on - thats' not quite right! I feel sorry for the guys family but he wasn't totally blameless in all this and the post mortems weren't conclusive so no further action can be taken. Would everyone like prosecutions to take place without all the facts adding up? Z

Whilst I agree with 90% of your post I don't agree that Mr Tomlinson wasn't totally blameless....the guy was on his way home from work, he wasn't part of any demonstration."

Well, from memory and I haven't read about this recently, he was asked not to go through a cordon or was asked to turn around and go another way but became beligerent and argumentative - that in no way gives any one any excuse to be brutal but as I said he wasn't totally blameless in this scenario. Z

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

According to the Channel 4 news report policeman 'C' who was the officer who hit him, had not been in any conversation with Mr Tomlinson prior to hitting him, his statement confirmed that there was no dialogue between them before the incident.

Whilst I am a strong supporter of our police forces I cannot think of any legal or operational reason this officer had for striking Tomlinson, other than that he was acting like a thug.

Because of that fact I cannot see this officer being allowed to continue as a police officer, a private prosecution by the family will leave the officer with no option but to resign.....and rightly so.

over a year ago

I'd bet good money that has the situation been reversed, the CPS would be singing a different song ....

I have no grudge with the police whatsoever but sometimes 'justice' seems to lean heavily in their direction .........

over a year ago

well said

this whole thing is a disgrace

and it wasn't just that guy who got attacked by our "boys in blue" that day!

over a year ago

Not into the "ol bill" myself..last week a ice cream man was found dead in his ice cream van..covered in blood and "hundreds of thousands".. apparently ..he "topped himself"...?

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

I do wonder if we don't always see both sides to an event. Ok the guy should not have been hit. There was video evidence of this. But there are many facts we are not fully aware of. In thrush the justice system isn't perfect but its better than some country's.

What we have to ask our self is . If the police hadn't been present to try and control the demonstrators how much damage would have been caused but so called peaceful demonstrators.

I am not a huge fan of the police force but they have a job to do. In no way are they perfect but more often than not they maintain law and order on the streets.

By *o DaddyMan
over a year ago

Worcestershire

"The police do have such an easy job though - no drug crazed loons, no rapists or murderers, no one driving whilst d*unk, no one carying knives, just a total law abiding society - hang on - thats' not quite right! I feel sorry for the guys family but he wasn't totally blameless in all this and the post mortems weren't conclusive so no further action can be taken. Would everyone like prosecutions to take place without all the facts adding up? Z"

as far as i can make out the guy was not part of any demonstrsation but was merely making his way home from work?.

he had to take the route that he was on because of the demonstrators and the police had to close certain areas for containment yes?.

i cannot see why the policeman had to push from behind as the bloke was ambling along minding his own business with his hands in his pockets!,and did i also see another policeman lash out with a baton at him?.

nah this was a bad one and someone in authority at cps should show the way here instead of just dismissing it all.

over a year ago

The police got this one wrong and they should face the music for it. It wasn't an accident, and it can't be dismissed as 'unfortunate'. They fucked up, and the officer who hit the guy made a judgement call and got it wrong. For that reason alone he should never wear a police uniform again because if his judgement is so bad that it led to the death of an innocent man it begs the question: who's next to suffer at the hands of a bad officer?

Although, having said that, if the Police Federation abandon the officer to his fate it will send a clear message to all officers of the law that they have no protection and when faced with life threatening situations we may find ourselves with policemen and women who are reluctant to put themselves in the firing line.

It's a hard one and although his superiors have most likely told him that his days as an officer are numbered they have to present a united front for the long term good of the force. A lot of public relations work to be done I think.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"I think it would be upto the Crown prosceution service to decide if charges were to be brought. And im guessing they have decided there is little prospect of a conviction.

I would expect the office to still face an internal police disciplinary, as im pretty sure this would have been put on hold until a decision by the CPS on if to charge or not had been made. "

Ha Ha Ha ha ha

An internal police disciplinary hearing.

Ha Ha Ha ha ha best one this week.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"The police got this one wrong and they should face the music for it. It wasn't an accident, and it can't be dismissed as 'unfortunate'. They fucked up, and the officer who hit the guy made a judgement call and got it wrong. For that reason alone he should never wear a police uniform again because if his judgement is so bad that it led to the death of an innocent man it begs the question: who's next to suffer at the hands of a bad officer?

Although, having said that, if the Police Federation abandon the officer to his fate it will send a clear message to all officers of the law that they have no protection and when faced with life threatening situations we may find ourselves with policemen and women who are reluctant to put themselves in the firing line.

It's a hard one and although his superiors have most likely told him that his days as an officer are numbered they have to present a united front for the long term good of the force. A lot of public relations work to be done I think. "

I like many think he should have questions to answer. It would be interesting to see the attitudes of other officers when required for crowd control. I suspect many would refuse to participate as they wouldn't feel they could respond.

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

we have all seen the footage , some have watched it in slow motion

my fear is that "rough justice" will prevail

at some point there will be a copper laying on the floor bleeding to death after being stabbed

after this outrageous fuck up there will be a few more people that will cross over to the other side of the road and walk on by , instead of calling an ambulance

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Whilst in no way condoning what the police officer did, I think the media's reporting of the case has been a little biased.

There was loads of evidence that, far from being an "innocent bystander", this guy was in fact a source of trouble, on one occassion earlier in the day having to be moved forceably from the road by a copper because he refused to let a police van past, and had been drinking heavily. Just before the incident that has been filmed, he also nearly knocked down a female police officer.

In the media, they say he had a heart attack "a few minutes" after he was knocked down, when in fact I believe it was 40 mins later, and two streets away.

None of the above means he deserved what happened, but it does go some way to showing that sometimes the public can form an opinion based on "innaccurate" reporting.

over a year ago

At the risk of standing out on my own (again)...by and large I have nothing but respect for the police force.As in any other walk of life there will be good and bad but it is an extraordinarily difficult job.Also as someone suggested one rule for them and another for us...that is in a way,correct,their rules are much tougher.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Whilst in no way condoning what the police officer did, I think the media's reporting of the case has been a little biased.

There was loads of evidence that, far from being an "innocent bystander", this guy was in fact a source of trouble, on one occassion earlier in the day having to be moved forceably from the road by a copper because he refused to let a police van past, and had been drinking heavily. Just before the incident that has been filmed, he also nearly knocked down a female police officer.

In the media, they say he had a heart attack "a few minutes" after he was knocked down, when in fact I believe it was 40 mins later, and two streets away.

None of the above means he deserved what happened, but it does go some way to showing that sometimes the public can form an opinion based on "innaccurate" reporting."

I agree with you,the media will only show us what they want us to see and at the moment its the part with the policeman whacking him with a truncheon

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"Whilst in no way condoning what the police officer did, I think the media's reporting of the case has been a little biased.

None of the above means he deserved what happened, but it does go some way to showing that sometimes the public can form an opinion based on "innaccurate" reporting."

if he had done something wrong earlier in the day he should have been arrested for it

that was in the past , even though it was the recent past

the incident in question concerns a man that was walking away ( with his hands in his pockets ) from a group of police officers that were armed with riot gear and truncheons

he was shoved in the BACK not the FRONT

the police should have AT LEAST been charged with assault

they were not because the enquirey took longer than 6 months , in my veiw this delay was intentional

if i had assaulted someone in 1965 when i was watching queens park rangers at wembley and they found it on archive video tape THE FUCKERS WOULD CHARGE ME

and that was 40 odd years ago

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Can you point me to the source of this information?, only the full details of the independent inquiry are not being released until next Tuesday?

Did you see this on TV or in a newspaper article?

over a year ago

"if the guy had pushed over the copper i'm sure the cps would have had the guy locked up and eating porridge by now.is it any wonder the public has lost faith with the police

The video evidence taken at the time shows that the police hit him with a baton. If murder/manslaughter could not be pursued then a charge of common assault could have been.

The police on that demo (I know cos i was there) were spoiling for a fight. You can tell this because the fuckers were not wearing (or concealed) their id numbers (the little silver flashes on thier shoulders).

Policing in this country is by consent, while criminals might not consent to being caught, a law abiding citizen should bear the activities of the police. The police in their turn consent to being identifiable by their provision of a force (IE the met or Avon and Somerset, for example) and thier id number. Neither of these were provided by the vast majority of the police on this demo, which is disgusting.

And that is not to go into tactics such as kettling or covert and overt filming or genetic sampling of inocent protestors. The same happened at the demonstrations against the illegal war in Iraq..................

By *erekduvallCouple
over a year ago

swansea

THEY WOULD NEVER PROSEUTE A POLICEMAN, just lok at the backlash theyd get from all the other pc"s

it has emerged they are now thinking of action against the patho who first examined the body and ruined this case, because of previous blunders.

Free Country..............my ass!

over a year ago

"THEY WOULD NEVER PROSEUTE A POLICEMAN, just lok at the backlash theyd get from all the other pc"s

it has emerged they are now thinking of action against the patho who first examined the body and ruined this case, because of previous blunders.

Free Country..............my ass! "

Yawn

How ever do we manage to live in such a controlled, undemocratic society where we run the risk of being legally murdered by our own government for the slightest thing eh?

I think I'll move to a small country in Africa run by a power mad dictator where I'll be free to call him a cunt and live happily ever after.

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

"How ever do we manage to live in such a controlled, undemocratic society where we run the risk of being legally murdered by our own government for the slightest thing eh?"

You know, I'm sure Dr David Kelly's widow thinks exactly the same thing.

over a year ago

Brazil anybody?

over a year ago

"How ever do we manage to live in such a controlled, undemocratic society where we run the risk of being legally murdered by our own government for the slightest thing eh?

You know, I'm sure Dr David Kelly's widow thinks exactly the same thing."

You read too much James Bond. He killed himself with drugs and a knife he'd owned since his youth and had infamously predicted that "I'll probably be found dead in some woods" - which is where, in fact, he was found.

He worked for the MoD and you can't go whistleblowing in areas of national security without some form of comeback. He signed the official secrets act, the same as I have in the past, and you are governed by it for the rest of your life. He chose to go public to the press instead of keeping his goddam head below the parapet. So what that there weren't any WMDs in Iraq after all - does that make the war to remove Hussein any less valid?

Blair took us into that campaign because he knew the reality of leaving Hussein in control of 1/4 of the world's oil, but Blair also knew that the namby-pamby make love not war brigade over here would never allow our troops to go in just to 'save some oil' - so the story of WMDs was put out and in we went, and justifiably so in my opinion. Kelly forgot who he worked for and should have shut the fuck up.

By *andcCouple
over a year ago

London and Cheshire

Thats what a jury is for!

Many cases have a difference of opinion by doctors or scientists, but they still go to court!

Also the Doctor how did the first post mortem, didn't have all the details, he wasn't told that the man was struck, there is also a problem with this doctor in that he has also been suspended with relation to other post mortems he carried out which have since been questioned.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

[Removed by poster at 23/07/10 12:00:41]

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

None of the above means he deserved what happened, but it does go some way to showing that sometimes the public can form an opinion based on "innaccurate" reporting.

Can you point me to the source of this information?, only the full details of the independent inquiry are not being released until next Tuesday?

Did you see this on TV or in a newspaper article?"

Both, and yes, they could have been biased too, except that people who were there were asked to comment etc.

Surely I cant be the only one to have seen all this on the TV and in the papers? There was a two page spread in one paper!!

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

"You read too much James Bond. He killed himself with drugs and a knife he'd owned since his youth and had infamously predicted that "I'll probably be found dead in some woods" - which is where, in fact, he was found."

Yeah, and miraculously managed to slit his wrist with that blunt knife (as per the police report) yet leave no traces of blood where he was found.

"He worked for the MoD and you can't go whistleblowing in areas of national security without some form of comeback."

Hang on a mo, so are you saying now he DIDN'T kill himself as you stated above, that his death WAS a reprisal for speaking out?

"He signed the official secrets act, the same as I have in the past, and you are governed by it for the rest of your life. He chose to go public to the press instead of keeping his goddam head below the parapet. "

So if you happened to say something apparently innocent one day, and a couple of geezers turn up when you are walking the dog and encourage you to kill yourself (perhaps even giving you the little nudge to help you overcome your reticence) that would be OK, you should have kept quiet? Does it state on the Official Secrets Act that you signed that the penalty for breaking your oath is death, without trial?

"So what that there weren't any WMDs in Iraq after all - does that make the war to remove Hussein any less valid?

Blair took us into that campaign because he knew the reality of leaving Hussein in control of 1/4 of the world's oil, but Blair also knew that the namby-pamby make love not war brigade over here would never allow our troops to go in just to 'save some oil' - so the story of WMDs was put out and in we went, and justifiably so in my opinion. Kelly forgot who he worked for and should have shut the fuck up."

Um yeah, it did make it less valid. Blair lied to Parliament and the country, and IMHO, Dr Kelly was silenced for telling the truth. Sometimes you have to speak out, otherwise you end up going along with crimes against humanity and society. People who don't "forget who they worked for and shut the fuck up" are the ones who try to say "I was only following orders guv" at their War Crimes trials.

Oh, and incidentally, if Blair had stood up and told us that we were going to war for control of oil leading to cheaper petrol, I'd have endorsed it fully. Where the fuck IS our cheap petrol? Are we, as a nation, or even part of a coalition, now in control of the oil? Um, nope.

Ah well, who are we to question the Great and the Good eh? It's all for our benefit, and we are just minions, we don't need to be informed or asked, we probably wouldn't understand, fucking peasants. Shame about our servicemen casualties. Ah well, fuck 'em eh? They signed up, the Govt can do with them what they wish....

Sheeeesh.

over a year ago

Just reading through this topic as H. asked me to - I think British people should think themselves lucky to have the police they have.

I lived many years on the Continent and seen first hand what police do there. Traffic controls are made with loaded guns and Taser ready, which are used if you give "lip". No police officer in Switzerland, Germany, France or Italy would ever be even investigated by courts, that is just a no way.

For example some youths drove through a traffic control point in a small town near Berne, the police officers opened fire...total count was 2 dead girls ages 18/17 drive head wound 19 and is friend lost use of his legs.. reason why he drove through was he had "borrowed" his Dad's car... they counter 43 bullet holes in the car...

The officer involved got his pay docked for 3 months.

So do you want the British police or a "nice" armed police officer from the Continent, who will use his weapon if he feels himself "unsafe" ? D.

over a year ago

"You read too much James Bond. He killed himself with drugs and a knife he'd owned since his youth and had infamously predicted that "I'll probably be found dead in some woods" - which is where, in fact, he was found.

Yeah, and miraculously managed to slit his wrist with that blunt knife (as per the police report) yet leave no traces of blood where he was found.

He worked for the MoD and you can't go whistleblowing in areas of national security without some form of comeback.

Hang on a mo, so are you saying now he DIDN'T kill himself as you stated above, that his death WAS a reprisal for speaking out?

He signed the official secrets act, the same as I have in the past, and you are governed by it for the rest of your life. He chose to go public to the press instead of keeping his goddam head below the parapet.

So if you happened to say something apparently innocent one day, and a couple of geezers turn up when you are walking the dog and encourage you to kill yourself (perhaps even giving you the little nudge to help you overcome your reticence) that would be OK, you should have kept quiet? Does it state on the Official Secrets Act that you signed that the penalty for breaking your oath is death, without trial?

So what that there weren't any WMDs in Iraq after all - does that make the war to remove Hussein any less valid?

Blair took us into that campaign because he knew the reality of leaving Hussein in control of 1/4 of the world's oil, but Blair also knew that the namby-pamby make love not war brigade over here would never allow our troops to go in just to 'save some oil' - so the story of WMDs was put out and in we went, and justifiably so in my opinion. Kelly forgot who he worked for and should have shut the fuck up.

Um yeah, it did make it less valid. Blair lied to Parliament and the country, and IMHO, Dr Kelly was silenced for telling the truth. Sometimes you have to speak out, otherwise you end up going along with crimes against humanity and society. People who don't "forget who they worked for and shut the fuck up" are the ones who try to say "I was only following orders guv" at their War Crimes trials.

Oh, and incidentally, if Blair had stood up and told us that we were going to war for control of oil leading to cheaper petrol, I'd have endorsed it fully. Where the fuck IS our cheap petrol? Are we, as a nation, or even part of a coalition, now in control of the oil? Um, nope.

Ah well, who are we to question the Great and the Good eh? It's all for our benefit, and we are just minions, we don't need to be informed or asked, we probably wouldn't understand, fucking peasants. Shame about our servicemen casualties. Ah well, fuck 'em eh? They signed up, the Govt can do with them what they wish....

Sheeeesh. "

you wanna get real pal. Governments have ALWAYS hidden the truth from the people because the 'people' are like a bunch of children liable to throw their toys out of the pram if they don't like what they're being told. But they still want cheap fuel, food, etc etc .. and they want it all for nothing. Well, here's the news chum, life isn't free and a price has to be paid somewhere, by someone, and if you run with dogs you gotta expect to get fleas. Kelly forgot that.

And yes, he killed himself. The official enquiry said so, dontcha know, and we'll never know the truth of it for sure as we'll both be dead in 70 years time.

over a year ago

the police chief in Geneva admitted in the local press that the screaming in the interrogation rooms sometimes disturbed him. hanging blokes out the 5th floor window by their ankles was also a semi official interrogation technique.

so if our have their faults they arent maybe the worst

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

"

you wanna get real pal. Governments have ALWAYS hidden the truth from the people because the 'people' are like a bunch of children liable to throw their toys out of the pram if they don't like what they're being told. But they still want cheap fuel, food, etc etc .. and they want it all for nothing. Well, here's the news chum, life isn't free and a price has to be paid somewhere, by someone, and if you run with dogs you gotta expect to get fleas. Kelly forgot that.

And yes, he killed himself. The official enquiry said so, dontcha know, and we'll never know the truth of it for sure as we'll both be dead in 70 years time."

Or sooner, if we say the wrong thing.

BTW, I've got a Degree in Politics, I know full well how things work, thanks. Hindsight's a wonderful thing. Hey, that Blair geezer's done well for himself hasn't he.......?

If Secret Squirrel is reading this, I know nothing, I say nothing, I criticise no-one, so there's absolutely no reason to bump me off.

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

i wonder what would happen to any of us if an old vidio was discovered showing you or me shoving PC kieth blakelock in the back , and him then falling to the ground just before he was killed in the broadwater farm riots

well for one thing we would get used to prison food

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Did you see this on TV or in a newspaper article?

Both, and yes, they could have been biased too, except that people who were there were asked to comment etc.

Surely I cant be the only one to have seen all this on the TV and in the papers? There was a two page spread in one paper!!"

When was this in the newspapers?

Only the CPS never released their decision until yesterday lunchtime and the inquest isn't due to take place until November of this year?

over a year ago

"When was this in the newspapers?

Only the CPS never released their decision until yesterday lunchtime and the inquest isn't due to take place until November of this year?"

It was in the Daily Mail.

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"When was this in the newspapers?

Only the CPS never released their decision until yesterday lunchtime and the inquest isn't due to take place until November of this year?

It was in the Daily Mail.

"

PMSL

over a year ago

"

And yes, he killed himself. The official enquiry said so, dontcha know, and we'll never know the truth of it for sure as we'll both be dead in 70 years time.

Or sooner, if we say the wrong thing.

BTW, I've got a Degree in Politics, I know full well how things work, thanks. Hindsight's a wonderful thing. Hey, that Blair geezer's done well for himself hasn't he.......?

If Secret Squirrel is reading this, I know nothing, I say nothing, I criticise no-one, so there's absolutely no reason to bump me off. "

...and this thread will self-destruct in ...

hehehe

Post new Message to Thread