Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

:-)

Jump to newest

By *ummy mummy OP   Woman
over a year ago

southampton-ish

I may be having most of the week to myself next week...woohoo!!! I guess my equivilant to a summer holiday before the rest of it with the kids on my own!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"I may be having most of the week to myself next week...woohoo!!! I guess my equivilant to a summer holiday before the rest of it with the kids on my own!! "

Are you having them kidnapped?

over a year ago

southampton-ish

he he he...no silly...ex on holiday

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Lucky you,hope you are going to make the most of your break from the kids...As much as i love my kids its nice to have a break from them from time to time when they go to the ex husbands xx

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

"he he he...no silly...ex on holiday"

Oh, OK, I apologise for my insensitivity.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Has the "For Sale" sign gone up yet

over a year ago

southampton-ish

"Lucky you,hope you are going to make the most of your break from the kids...As much as i love my kids its nice to have a break from them from time to time when they go to the ex husbands xx"

I am very lucky in that he does have them every weekend...but with 3 year old twin girls and a son almost 5, dealing with it all on my own as all family in canada, although I love them dearly...I do need a few days off....and yes I do hope to take advantage of it

over a year ago

southampton-ish

"Has the "For Sale" sign gone up yet "

har de har har

over a year ago

"Lucky you,hope you are going to make the most of your break from the kids...As much as i love my kids its nice to have a break from them from time to time when they go to the ex husbands xx

I am very lucky in that he does have them every weekend...but with 3 year old twin girls and a son almost 5, dealing with it all on my own as all family in canada, although I love them dearly...I do need a few days off....and yes I do hope to take advantage of it"

you're incredibly lucky as my ex lives on the other end of the country...as do my family!

over a year ago

southampton-ish

"Lucky you,hope you are going to make the most of your break from the kids...As much as i love my kids its nice to have a break from them from time to time when they go to the ex husbands xx

I am very lucky in that he does have them every weekend...but with 3 year old twin girls and a son almost 5, dealing with it all on my own as all family in canada, although I love them dearly...I do need a few days off....and yes I do hope to take advantage of it

you're incredibly lucky as my ex lives on the other end of the country...as do my family!"

I know how lucky I am that he has them every weekend.and I think he knows how lucky he is that I am not the kind of person who would move back home with the kids...no matter what he did to me in leaving, he is a great dad to them so I would never think of moving back to canada and take them away from him

Forum Mod

over a year ago

You make sure you enjoy every minute of it

I bet you will be missing them like mad after a day or so though

over a year ago

you're incredibly lucky as my ex lives on the other end of the country...as do my family!

I know how lucky I am that he has them every weekend.and I think he knows how lucky he is that I am not the kind of person who would move back home with the kids...no matter what he did to me in leaving, he is a great dad to them so I would never think of moving back to canada and take them away from him"

You can only emigrate with them with his permission. You can take children out of the country for up to 28 days but then you must bring them back. It seems a silly law if you consider those parents that do take their kids abroad intending never to return but then they'd go long before the 28 day deadline anyway. Children are required to travel on their own passport now too, so if he has them you can't take them abroad.

I know it's all hypothetical and you don't intend to take them. I'm just talking about where the law stands on it. My own ex-wife is Italian and she could have tried to take my daughter to Italy with her but I made sure she knew what the law was and as her own parents are still here she couldn't run the risk of never being able to come back to the UK without being arrested. As it turns out, she didn't want to go to Italy anyway but it was a scenario I was advised to preconsider.

over a year ago

southampton-ish

I know how lucky I am that he has them every weekend.and I think he knows how lucky he is that I am not the kind of person who would move back home with the kids...no matter what he did to me in leaving, he is a great dad to them so I would never think of moving back to canada and take them away from him

You can only emigrate with them with his permission. You can take children out of the country for up to 28 days but then you must bring them back. It seems a silly law if you consider those parents that do take their kids abroad intending never to return but then they'd go long before the 28 day deadline anyway. Children are required to travel on their own passport now too, so if he has them you can't take them abroad.

I know it's all hypothetical and you don't intend to take them. I'm just talking about where the law stands on it. My own ex-wife is Italian and she could have tried to take my daughter to Italy with her but I made sure she knew what the law was and as her own parents are still here she couldn't run the risk of never being able to come back to the UK without being arrested. As it turns out, she didn't want to go to Italy anyway but it was a scenario I was advised to preconsider."

I am very aware of all of this as have been seperated for 3 years now and have done all the research. I never once EVER said that I would try to take the kids away but it did not stop him last summer from getting a prohibitted steps order against me taking the kids out of the country as he told the courts I was planning on fleeing with the kids...it was thrown out and we now have a joint residency order, something I had asked him for early on...lol...and can take them away for 4 weeks with out his permission..but during all that time in court, lots of sitting around waiting, and talking to my solicitor, he said that had the situatioon been different, had he not been a fit father, not a court in the country would have stopped me moving back...but as that is far from the case, it was never and never would be considered

over a year ago

southampton-ish

"You make sure you enjoy every minute of it

I bet you will be missing them like mad after a day or so though "

that is why I will be having them back tuesday night and all day wednesday...lol...he only lives 5 minutes away by car so easily done

over a year ago

At the time of my divorce there had been a spate of fathers absconding with their kids but they were almost all to Pakistan, a country that we have poor extradiction agreements with. My solicitor advised me about my ex an the fact that she was a foreigner but it's never been an issue tbh. They're off to Italy tomorrow as it happens lol.

over a year ago

southampton-ish

"At the time of my divorce there had been a spate of fathers absconding with their kids but they were almost all to Pakistan, a country that we have poor extradiction agreements with. My solicitor advised me about my ex an the fact that she was a foreigner but it's never been an issue tbh. They're off to Italy tomorrow as it happens lol.

"

I am happy to say that our relationship has come along a lot in the past year, I think his dad becoming quite ill and unfortunately passing away put a lot of things in his life in perspective for him realising that life is too short and he saw how much easier things are when he works together with me instead of against me and since february things have been great.Makes life so much easier and the stress reduced

over a year ago

southampton-ish

my just turned into ...lol...ex is NOT having next week off...so will NOT be having a week child free...was good while the idea lasted.....

over a year ago

"my just turned into ...lol...ex is NOT having next week off...so will NOT be having a week child free...was good while the idea lasted....."

Awwwwwww noooooo ...... console yourself that at least he has them sometimes without a quibble, that is more than many have. I can feel your disappointment though, just a little 'me' time is a great thing to have.

over a year ago

southampton-ish

"my just turned into ...lol...ex is NOT having next week off...so will NOT be having a week child free...was good while the idea lasted.....

Awwwwwww noooooo ...... console yourself that at least he has them sometimes without a quibble, that is more than many have. I can feel your disappointment though, just a little 'me' time is a great thing to have. "

oh I know how lucky I am he has them as much as he does now...just been a very rough few weeks...xx

over a year ago

Your a very lucky mum having an ex who spends quality time with his children..i on the other hand has an ex of 3 years who doesnt want to spend time with his child and has spent 5 hrs with her in 8weeks..its really tuff at times especially in the school hols as cannot afford the child care cuz i work full time.

I give the dads a medal who spend quality time with their kids good on ya.

Post new Message to Thread