Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Changing Tastes.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I was just thinking how strange it is that I cannot stand eating fish yet I used to love it as a child. Also how I now love mature cheese but until 3 or 4 years ago could only ever eat mild cheese.

Are there any flavours/tastes that you've changed your opinion of over time?

Do you keep trying things that you've never liked or have gone off just to check that you don't like them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aintmikeMan
over a year ago

glasgow

nope,,once i go off something ,,that's it,

fineto,,finished done,, yuck,,

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"I was just thinking how strange it is that I cannot stand eating fish yet I used to love it as a child. Also how I now love mature cheese but until 3 or 4 years ago could only ever eat mild cheese.

Do you keep trying things that you've never liked or have gone off just to check that you don't like them?"

i remember as a kid we used to look into the big tank outside the pie and mash shop , it was full of eels all slithering about in one enormous knot

some of the kids used to spit on them

i never fancied them but might give them a go one day if i was hungry enough

mayby whilst stuck for 10 days behind enemy lines during warfare and thats all there was

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I hated any form of egg right from when I was a small toddler up until my first wife got pregnant - and then I developed a craving for it. Boiled, poached, fried, scrambled, omelettes, you name it, I cooked it. She couldn't touch them because of her condition except for hard boiled eggs (which is still the only type of egg I dislike). She wasn't happy lol

over a year ago

I used to hate the idea of olives when I was younger, I remember being force fed one on our first holiday abroad by my sister but now I love them.

Red wine is another thing I couldn't touch when I was younger but now i can tolerate it.

By *ollie_JCouple
over a year ago

London

Mrs new couldn't stand blue cheese - but has grown to absolutely love it - unfortunately lobster and olives has yet to make an impact on her...

(which is effing annoying... although one could say "more for me" but we share ... everything!)

over a year ago

Jamacians cook their meet until it drops off the bone. The thought of pink/red meat would never have crossed my mind until my sister got married in Italy.

They served thin slices of rare beef, I thought I'd be sick, but didn't want to show my sister up in front of her new in-laws and friends so tucked in.

Oh my God! It melted in my mouth, only eat medium rare stake now.

Only ever d*unk white wine until I went to a function and they had rioja on the table, had a sip...haven't d*unk white since.

The same goes for water, I used to think sparkling was disgusting, now prefer it to still.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I was just thinking how strange it is that I cannot stand eating fish yet I used to love it as a child. Also how I now love mature cheese but until 3 or 4 years ago could only ever eat mild cheese.

Do you keep trying things that you've never liked or have gone off just to check that you don't like them?"

i never used to like the taste of cum, i quite like it now

over a year ago

"Jamacians cook their meet until it drops off the bone"

remind me never to meet a jamaican!!!

By *ollie_JCouple
over a year ago

London

Do you keep trying things that you've never liked or have gone off just to check that you don't like them?i never used to like the taste of cum, i quite like it now "

Oh we are liking you even more!

over a year ago

Used to detest mushrooms, now love 'em... As for fish, used to love it, now can't stand it and it makes me ill (chippy fish we're talking here).

Rapidly going off lager too

over a year ago

Do you keep trying things that you've never liked or have gone off just to check that you don't like them?i never used to like the taste of cum, i quite like it now "

i've gone the other way on that one although I soooo wish that wasn't the case.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Do you keep trying things that you've never liked or have gone off just to check that you don't like them?i never used to like the taste of cum, i quite like it now

i've gone the other way on that one although I soooo wish that wasn't the case."

you poor thing....

over a year ago

"Used to detest mushrooms, now love 'em... As for fish, used to love it, now can't stand it and it makes me ill (chippy fish we're talking here).

Rapidly going off lager too "

hubby has gone off lager too, he's moved onto ales. Plus side is they're less gassy.

over a year ago

"Used to detest mushrooms, now love 'em... As for fish, used to love it, now can't stand it and it makes me ill (chippy fish we're talking here).

Rapidly going off lager too

hubby has gone off lager too, he's moved onto ales. Plus side is they're less gassy."

Vodka, and Lemon Fanta though?

over a year ago

i used to like fish but now i'm real fussy about it. i think i found out the reason why though. apparently when i was three the freezer broke down so my dad cooked up all the fish fingers and we ate them between us. apparently, it wasn't a small number of fish fingers between the two of us either.

i used to hate curry too because my dad made me eat a chicken tika masala when i was four and it made me vomit bad. now i love hot curries.

over a year ago

My taste gets wider and more adventurous as I get older, and more expensive too!

over a year ago

ill try anything now love any type of food

over a year ago

"Jamacians cook their meet until it drops off the bone

remind me never to meet a jamaican!!! "

You'll want to when you're older and your teeth drop out: no chewing needed.

over a year ago

Kobi beef steak was an experience, can have it rare and still melts in your mouth without chewing

over a year ago

"Jamacians cook their meet until it drops off the bone

remind me never to meet a jamaican!!!

You'll want to when you're older and your teeth drop out: no chewing needed. "

So long as they don't cook me.

over a year ago

Chocolate, I never really ate it untill a few Months ago now I can't get enough of it

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Chocolate, I never really ate it untill a few Months ago now I can't get enough of it "

On behalf of Britains Chocolate retailers.....I thank you

Post new Message to Thread