Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

coincidence or more

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When my eldest daughter was born I promptly went out and bought Mum a card to say congratulations, we were living in Northern Ireland at that time.

2 years later when my youngest daughter was born I went and bought mum another congratulations card, by then we had moved and were living in Germany.

Some time later when going through all our old aniversary/birthday card baby stuff and so on we put to two cards together to realise that they were identical.

What are the odds of unintentionally buying 2 idetical cards 2 years apart in different countries ?

I am sure others here have more questionable co-incidences ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/07/10 20:20:38]

over a year ago

"When my eldest daughter was born I promptly went out and bought Mum a card to say congratulations, we were living in Northern Ireland at that time.

2 years later when my youngest daughter was born I went and bought mum another congratulations card, by then we had moved and were living in Germany.

Some time later when going through all our old aniversary/birthday card baby stuff and so on we put to two cards together to realise that they were identical.

What are the odds of unintentionally buying 2 idetical cards 2 years apart in different countries ?

I am sure others here have more questionable co-incidences ?"

u didnt even remember u had bought the same card ???? i bet your wife did !!!!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

it was big it was slightly oblong and it had a pretty flower on it and a nice sentiment written inside, please dont tell me women remember an exact card they bought 2 years before that would be really scary

over a year ago

"it was big it was slightly oblong and it had a pretty flower on it and a nice sentiment written inside, please dont tell me women remember an exact card they bought 2 years before that would be really scary"

I would, and have remembered.

over a year ago

"it was big it was slightly oblong and it had a pretty flower on it and a nice sentiment written inside, please dont tell me women remember an exact card they bought 2 years before that would be really scary

I would, and have remembered."

yes i would have too !!!

big ears good memeory call me dumbo !!!

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

I would presume there was something in your subconscious that triggered the purchasable of the second card. You may not have remembered fully the first one but a little voice inside of you prompted to buy the same one as you would feel equally about both children. Or maybe not

By *evilmentMan
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"I would presume there was something in your subconscious that triggered the purchasable of the second card. You may not have remembered fully the first one but a little voice inside of you prompted to buy the same one as you would feel equally about both children. Or maybe not "

Or maybe it was the cheapest card that the shops had in stock

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/07/10 05:50:47]

over a year ago

If it was from the NAAFI shop they would have had the same limited stock for years!

over a year ago

"If it was from the NAAFI shop they would have had the same limited stock for years! "

Therein lies your answer methinks lol

over a year ago

well my late sister and i always used to buy identical cards for my parents birthdays/christmas. we never used to use the same shops and wouldnt know we had chosen the same cards until the grand opening of them. the last card i actually bought my mum for her last birthday had a black and white pic of a mum with her baby. when my mum opened it she went upstairs and returned with an identical picture of my sister and herself, and you couldnt tell the two pictures apart. spooky or what

over a year ago

our little gorl just celebrated her 8th birthday,and my parents bought the same card we did,even though we got ours in blackpool from a market stall and my parents bought theres at a shop in weymouth?

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

My Father was based in Egypt during WWII and gave me my love of Egypt and all things Egyptian.

I went to Egypt in 2001 and had a photo taken on a camel with the Great Pyramid in the background.

When I got home I found a picture that he had taken on a canel with the Great Pyramid. Almost a carbon copy except his was in black and white, mine in colour. I have the two photos framed together

over a year ago

my ex husband sent me a christmas card,(a first lol) my sub in germanu sent same 1 !!!

Post new Message to Thread