Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

£18,000 parking fines bankrupt driver

Jump to newest

By *ig bad OP   Man
over a year ago

Up North :-)

A Scottish driver has been left bankrupt after incurring £18,000 worth of fines for repeatedly parking illegally in Aberdeen town centre.

Claire Williams works at a law firm in Aberdeen where nearby parking is difficult.

The city council took legal action against her and won a sequestration order at the local court. As a result, she has been declared bankrupt and now has to pay several thousand pounds worth of legal fees.

Miss Williams regularly amassed fines of £60 when she illegally parked her black Volkswagen Beetle. She has said that she intends to pay back everything she owes.

Says a lot doesn't it!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"A Scottish driver has been left bankrupt after incurring £18,000 worth of fines for repeatedly parking illegally in Aberdeen town centre.

Claire Williams works at a law firm in Aberdeen where nearby parking is difficult.

The city council took legal action against her and won a sequestration order at the local court. As a result, she has been declared bankrupt and now has to pay several thousand pounds worth of legal fees.

Miss Williams regularly amassed fines of £60 when she illegally parked her black Volkswagen Beetle. She has said that she intends to pay back everything she owes.

Says a lot doesn't it! "

it would be cheaper to buy a klingon cloaking device

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Miss Williams regularly amassed fines of £60 when she illegally parked her black Volkswagen Beetle. She has said that she intends to pay back everything she owes. "

What did she think those little vouchers on her screen were? Love letters????

Silly person....

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Says to me she was slow at catching on, I would have thought she would have realised she was illegally parking long before her 300th ticket!

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

it would be cheaper to buy a klingon cloaking device "

on offer at Matalan I believe

By *adcowWoman
over a year ago

kirkcaldy

just shows even lawyers aren't above the law

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

maybe she thought they were saying she had parked good...they did say parking fine!!!!!

By *ig bad OP   Man
over a year ago

"just shows even lawyers aren't above the law"

I find it hard to believe she was allowed to get it past a couple of thousand.

over a year ago

Perhaps she has money to burn!

Sorry, however, I have to say this, stupid woman!

over a year ago

Or not as clever as they like us to think they are.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

When I worked in a certain London Hospital there were regularly foreign diplomat cars left parked in ambulance bays and disabled bays, it wasn't unusual to see big cars and jeeps blocking pavements in hospitals because they knew they were unlikely to ever be made to pay their fines.....

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Says to me she was slow at catching on, I would have thought she would have realised she was illegally parking long before her 300th ticket!"

exactly... anyone who illegally parks in the same spot 300 times before doing about it kinda deserve the mocking she is getting..... what did she think all them pieces of paper were....

By *ig bad OP   Man
over a year ago

"When I worked in a certain London Hospital there were regularly foreign diplomat cars left parked in ambulance bays and disabled bays, it wasn't unusual to see big cars and jeeps blocking pavements in hospitals because they knew they were unlikely to ever be made to pay their fines....."

Some people just think they can do as they like. Its a biggie with me. Never park in a disabled or mother and baby spot. Diplomatic or not a car should be towed i say.

By *ig bad OP   Man
over a year ago

"Says to me she was slow at catching on, I would have thought she would have realised she was illegally parking long before her 300th ticket!

exactly... anyone who illegally parks in the same spot 300 times before doing about it kinda deserve the mocking she is getting..... what did she think all them pieces of paper were.... "

Maybe she pinned them on a nail behind the bathroom door.

over a year ago

I find it even more wierd that a lawyer can be bankrupted for not having £18k. She must be a pretty shit lawyer, made even more evident by the fact she amassed so many parking tickets without realising she'd have to cough up sooner or later.

Change of career beckoning methinks.

By *ig bad OP   Man
over a year ago

"I find it even more wierd that a lawyer can be bankrupted for not having £18k. She must be a pretty shit lawyer, made even more evident by the fact she amassed so many parking tickets without realising she'd have to cough up sooner or later.

Change of career beckoning methinks."

50k plus but she is a lawyer and i presume she doesn't want to pay. I would disbar or what ever they do to lawyers

over a year ago

Its Aberdoom you're talking about here.

£18k is small change to many up there.

over a year ago

"I find it even more wierd that a lawyer can be bankrupted for not having £18k. She must be a pretty shit lawyer, made even more evident by the fact she amassed so many parking tickets without realising she'd have to cough up sooner or later.

50k plus but she is a lawyer and i presume she doesn't want to pay. I would disbar or what ever they do to lawyers "

Are they not dis-barred anyway if they become bankrupt????

over a year ago

Well her reputation is shot to hell anyway, who'd want her representing them?

By *ig bad OP   Man
over a year ago

"Its Aberdoom you're talking about here.

£18k is small change to many up there."

Short arms deep pocket syndrome then!

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

50k plus but she is a lawyer and i presume she doesn't want to pay. I would disbar or what ever they do to lawyers

Are they not dis-barred anyway if they become bankrupt????"

Yep! A friend of ours dealt with mainly house sales and in the downturn, he lost loads... Went into Bankruptcy and can't work as a solicitor at the moment! Lost his only means of making money as he knows nothing else...

By *evilmentMan
over a year ago

Aberdeen

She's a secretary in a law firm as opposed to being a lawyer.

Still a daft mare though.

over a year ago

Are they not dis-barred anyway if they become bankrupt????

Yep! A friend of ours dealt with mainly house sales and in the downturn, he lost loads... Went into Bankruptcy and can't work as a solicitor at the moment! Lost his only means of making money as he knows nothing else...

"

You'll not work in banking either if you go bankrupt. You're deemed as too high-risk as you are then more susceptible to bribery, which considering the data you have at your disposal is a definate possible...

over a year ago

Probably thought she was above it though

over a year ago

omg im glad i payed my parking

ticket other day lol xx

By *plpxp2Couple
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Bloody hell they don't mess about in Scotland £18K for a parking ticket, its only £60 in England

over a year ago

At a loss how she managed to accumalte such a tab!

I remember waking up finding my car clamped with a sodding yellow notice glued to my windscreen for non payment of one parking ticket.

Cost me £250 to have it released - original ticket was £15 so how did she get away with not paying til it got to this?!!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/07/10 09:27:49]

over a year ago

Clamping is not allowed in Scotland with the exception of the dvla for road fund licence offences

Post new Message to Thread