Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Jump to newest

By *ickens Cider OP   Man
over a year ago

taunton

I wish I was under 40... why do so many pick 40 as the top of thier age range? and then you'll find profile of those above 40 looking to meet under 40's... but hello your in your late 40's early 50's...

You try your luck and message and say I know your only looking for up to 40 but I'm only 41 would you be interested in chatting... NO! we've picked 40 as the cut off for a reason... but then they don't explain...

40 something stinks!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Y O Y O Y.....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They dont have to explain,its called choice!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Do you enjoy being on here at all?

You just seem to becoming really frustrated by the whole thing from your recent posts

over a year ago

40 is a nice round number. 20, 30, 40, 50... all nice.

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

I didn't realise that me turning 40 next month was gonna be this big a problem!

Well it isn't really but shhhhhh don't tell the OP that there are others that do look for 40 and overs within the OWN choice selection that is!

over a year ago

I used ta love the old saying life begins at 40

Then when i reached it (some time ago)

Someone told me the long version of it

Life begins to go downbank at 40 lol xx

over a year ago

taunton

"Do you enjoy being on here at all?

You just seem to becoming really frustrated by the whole thing from your recent posts

"

to be honest... I enjoy the site... its got some fun people that are miles away from my neck of the woods... I try my hardest to politely message and chat with "local" ish contacts as i can travel the world looking for a bit of fun... put once you've got nowhere or ignored or just plain and simply find you can message a profile that does interest you... because out of respect you don't fit they're bill because they'll only meet people up to the age of 40 or you get people or couple in my age group wanting to meet with under 40's? So after a while you lose heart... don't you? And to top it off I've had a few very chatty contacts just turn round and block me out of the blue? So I don't really know what's going on or what to think really... don't know if someone might be bad mouthing me... theres some odd?

I just feel a little bit is it worth it... yes!

And I'll slap the next person who says move on the next one as there aren't many next ones to move on to okay! lol

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Are you saying you've been rejected by the whole of Somerset?

If so, might be worth moving...

over a year ago

awwwwww ,,,, feel all sad for him now ,,,, maybe just go to ya local ,, ya mite just pull there ,,, i did last week ,,, its called going out ... try it ,,, it might just work

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Move onto the next one

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"Do you enjoy being on here at all?

to be honest... I enjoy the site... its got some fun people that are miles away from my neck of the woods... I try my hardest to politely message and chat with "local" ish contacts as i can travel the world looking for a bit of fun... put once you've got nowhere or ignored or just plain and simply find you can message a profile that does interest you... because out of respect you don't fit they're bill because they'll only meet people up to the age of 40 or you get people or couple in my age group wanting to meet with under 40's? So after a while you lose heart... don't you? And to top it off I've had a few very chatty contacts just turn round and block me out of the blue? So I don't really know what's going on or what to think really... don't know if someone might be bad mouthing me... theres some odd?

I just feel a little bit is it worth it... yes!

And I'll slap the next person who says move on the next one as there aren't many next ones to move on to okay! lol"

For some reason when i was reading this I could hear violins playing, but it is ok now I banged on the neighbours wall and their daughter has stopped practising!

Seriously though, if this is getting to you so much then it maybe isn't a case of moving onto the next one, it could be a case of moving on fullstop!

But that is just my opinion from reading through a few of your recent posts, you may well be a very happy bunny who just doesn't portray it that well in written form!

Again, just my opinion.

over a year ago

taunton

"Move onto the next one"

SLAP!!!

over a year ago

"You try your luck and message and say I know your only looking for up to 40 but I'm only 41 would you be interested in chatting... NO! we've picked 40 as the cut off for a reason... but then they don't explain...

40 something stinks!!! "

I find most people's cut off age is 50 but I am 55, Sasha is only 27 and in my opinion gorgeous, this in turn attracts a lot of couples to mail us but we will not meet them if one of us is outside thier age criteria, it makes us feel like "the last one picked for the playground football team" kinda "she is nice we will have to put up with the old git"

We certainly won't "try our luck" mailing people when your outside thier criteria for any reason only annoys them, we block people who "try thier luck" because we consider them to be timewasters, we have to waste our time reading thier profile, mailing them back to point out they are not what we are looking for and often either getting an abusive mail back or being asked to "make an exception in this case"

We are what we are and we respect everyone's boundaries, "trying thier luck" makes us think that the same person might disrespect other boundaries or rules if we met.

That's just our opinion of course but may help some readers realise what kind of signal they may be sending.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Hi, we ave chatted on msn sometimes and you do come accross as well mannered and polite.

It seems that with your change of username (formerly spunk i believe) you have hd change of atitude towards this site

Your recent moaning threads have not done you any favours to be honest.

Maybe you do need a break from here, it clearly isnt working for you right now and you clearly are getting frustrated with the rejection etc that comes as par for the course on here.

I hope you find a way that will make you happy

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Why does the OP feel that people have to explain their personal preferences?, I would say that if you do not understand that people will have preferences and can't accept that fact...then you really shouldn't be on a site like this.

By *aintmikeMan
over a year ago

glasgow

"Why does the OP feel that people have to explain their personal preferences?, I would say that if you do not understand that people will have preferences and can't accept that fact...then you really shouldn't be on a site like this."

here,,here,,, order,, order

goes back to his seat,,,

the backbencher..

over a year ago

taunton

"Why does the OP feel that people have to explain their personal preferences?, I would say that if you do not understand that people will have preferences and can't accept that fact...then you really shouldn't be on a site like this."

I always enjoy being talked down too by you Jane... makes ny day knowing that I can't stand up for myself and talk to you privately about your thoughts!? what with you having blocked me for no reason... shame you not woman enough to allow me to talk to you privately... on subjects... hidden in you safe little world... wind your neck in and butt out!! I READ PEOPLE PROFILES OKAY!!! but can't yours thankfully... get a life!

There I guess i be blocked from the forums... and i'm beyond caring today... go to work rugby... just isn't my week... jane your thoughts don't help okay!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I blocked you because when you messaged me previously you never accepted that you were not someone I wished to meet, you took my 'Thanks but not for me' and twisted it....hence I blocked you.

If you cannot handle rejection then I stand by my view that you really shouldn't be on a site like this.

You have a habit of taking things very personal.....and your post about me proves this point.

over a year ago

If i ever feel as you obviously do today then i don't come anywhere near here

Hope you get what ever is on your mind sorted xx

over a year ago

I'd certainly say that your profile that you're looking for sad, lonely females who are looking for crap sex... well any sex... isn't exactly going to endear you to anyone. Your profile is basically one long moan and I agree with the posters who say about your post, if you can't say anything nice then a few times in this post you've had a right go at people

By *ollie_JCouple
over a year ago

London

Actually your profile did make me smile - the bit in your preferences about wanting to meet single women and FF couples but then wanting to have separate room swapping

Just bit baffled us a bit..

over a year ago

Crap I'm over 40 myself and just realised, better leave Fab then

over a year ago

evesham

"Crap I'm over 40 myself and just realised, better leave Fab then "

so long....farewell...aufwiedersehn goodbyyyyeeee

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Crap I'm over 40 myself and just realised, better leave Fab then

so long....farewell...aufwiedersehn goodbyyyyeeee "

oooo harsh!

But he did call me a harlot so he deserves it

over a year ago

"Crap I'm over 40 myself and just realised, better leave Fab then

so long....farewell...aufwiedersehn goodbyyyyeeee "

Just waiting for the Taxi

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Why does the OP feel that people have to explain their personal preferences?, I would say that if you do not understand that people will have preferences and can't accept that fact...then you really shouldn't be on a site like this.

I always enjoy being talked down too by you Jane... makes ny day knowing that I can't stand up for myself and talk to you privately about your thoughts!? what with you having blocked me for no reason... shame you not woman enough to allow me to talk to you privately... on subjects... hidden in you safe little world... wind your neck in and butt out!! I READ PEOPLE PROFILES OKAY!!! but can't yours thankfully... get a life!

There I guess i be blocked from the forums... and i'm beyond caring today... go to work rugby... just isn't my week... jane your thoughts don't help okay! "

Now a couple or maybe more times you have lost your temper on here and uneccessarily become angry at people,especially if they have blocked you,this is the second time you have bought a personal block up in the forums,people have every right to block whoever they choose for whatever reason

Maybe your temper may be part of the whole problem

That sort of behaviour would make me run a mile

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

thank god I'm only 98, don't know whats going to happen in 2 years time though

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"thank god I'm only 98, don't know whats going to happen in 2 years time though "

You get a telegram from the queen

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"thank god I'm only 98, don't know whats going to happen in 2 years time though

You get a telegram from the queen"

phew - got something exciting to look forward to then

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

phew - got something exciting to look forward to then "

Not really....you die the day after..

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

Not really....you die the day after.. "

gee thanks

over a year ago

evesham

Not really....you die the day after.. "

everyone who gets a telegram from the queen diesthe day after

does it have some sort of poison in the printing??

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

does it have some sort of poison in the printing?? "

The bad news is that due to austerity cuts by the new coalition, people will in future get their telegram from the queen at the age of 80....the next day they will be carried off for a humane killing.

Their remains will be composted down into charcoal brickettes to keep the poor warm in the winter....

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

does it have some sort of poison in the printing??

The bad news is that due to austerity cuts by the new coalition, people will in future get their telegram from the queen at the age of 80....the next day they will be carried off for a humane killing.

Their remains will be composted down into charcoal brickettes to keep the poor warm in the winter...."

so I can look forward to having a purpose in the afterlife then pmsl

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

"There I guess i be blocked from the forums... and i'm beyond caring today... go to work rugby... just isn't my week... jane your thoughts don't help okay! "

Waaaahhhhh! Wahhhhh!

There, there....we all wuvs you really....

...ish.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

for some reason I fancy a bowl of frosties

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"for some reason I fancy a bowl of frosties "

is this really the right place to post such an outrageous thought?

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"for some reason I fancy a bowl of frosties

is this really the right place to post such an outrageous thought? "

Ooops did I say it out loud?

I did'nt mean to

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

"for some reason I fancy a bowl of frosties "

It's a start...

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"for some reason I fancy a bowl of frosties

is this really the right place to post such an outrageous thought?

Ooops did I say it out loud?

I did'nt mean to "

its ok we know you have difficulty separating fact from fiction south of the border

Post new Message to Thread