Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Who actually reads instruction manuals

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Ive got a new camera and as always I was really enthusiastic about reading the manual and finding out all the things it can do

Now Ive sat down to do it and can't be bothered,its like I open them up and my mind just shuts off completely

I know I can't be alone in this

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

what's an instruction manual??

now...if it's a contract/credit agreement then I'll read it from start to finish

over a year ago

I just work out how to use the item myself.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I just keeping pressing buttons until something happens

over a year ago

"I just keeping pressing buttons until something happens "

I hope ta god ya never gets a job with the MOD lol xxx

over a year ago

i have a go first then i look at the pretty pictures and guess

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Ive got a new camera and as always I was really enthusiastic about reading the manual and finding out all the things it can do

Now Ive sat down to do it and can't be bothered,its like I open them up and my mind just shuts off completely

I know I can't be alone in this "

Give to rob..let him figure it out first, you get the fun of watching him get frustrated then he will give you a laymans guide on how to use the thing

By *aintmikeMan
over a year ago

glasgow

there,s a lady on here,, with a loft full of boxes,, with instruction in side them,,, how cool is that,, i mean her loft is full of boxes,,,

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Ive got a new camera and as always I was really enthusiastic about reading the manual and finding out all the things it can do

I know I can't be alone in this Give to rob..let him figure it out first, you get the fun of watching him get frustrated then he will give you a laymans guide on how to use the thing "

Hahahaha when Rob set up the new TV he was F'ing and blinding that the sky was'nt working,I asked him if he'd plugged it in and he said of course he had,he ain't silly you know!!!!

I asked him what that plug was doing just laying on the floor then

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I know I can't be alone in this Give to rob..let him figure it out first, you get the fun of watching him get frustrated then he will give you a laymans guide on how to use the thing

Hahahaha when Rob set up the new TV he was F'ing and blinding that the sky was'nt working,I asked him if he'd plugged it in and he said of course he had,he ain't silly you know!!!!

I asked him what that plug was doing just laying on the floor then"

Oh

Well maybe you should have an afternoon of taking pictures of the carpet, and half of your hand then

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I know I can't be alone in this Give to rob..let him figure it out first, you get the fun of watching him get frustrated then he will give you a laymans guide on how to use the thing

I asked him what that plug was doing just laying on the floor thenOh

Well maybe you should have an afternoon of taking pictures of the carpet, and half of your hand then "

Ill put them on the profile later

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

always read the manual,but its usually when the product is scattered in bits on the floor after hours of trying to put it together,and being frustrated by the smug look on js face and the sneary voice that whispers,"i told you to read the manual",

over a year ago

I think mr serens must be some kind of gadget geek, as he reads instructions then gets on with setting up tv's ... mobile phones ... building flat packs and allsorts of things until it's right. He still can't iron a shirt properly though lol xx

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"I think mr serens must be some kind of gadget geek, as he reads instructions then gets on with setting up tv's ... mobile phones ... building flat packs and allsorts of things until it's right. He still can't iron a shirt properly though lol xx"

Do you loan him out?

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"I think mr serens must be some kind of gadget geek, as he reads instructions then gets on with setting up tv's ... mobile phones ... building flat packs and allsorts of things until it's right. He still can't iron a shirt properly though lol xx

Do you loan him out? "

Never mind that, can I bring my ironing round?

over a year ago

"I think mr serens must be some kind of gadget geek, as he reads instructions then gets on with setting up tv's ... mobile phones ... building flat packs and allsorts of things until it's right. He still can't iron a shirt properly though lol xx

Do you loan him out? "

For a small fee

over a year ago

Do you loan him out?

Never mind that, can I bring my ironing round? "

Steam generator at the ready lol x

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Steam generator at the ready lol x"

Yes, how did you know?

over a year ago

no i dont read manuals ever

i learn as i go along if im stuck the help files on the net will be useful

over a year ago

I do the ironing in my house, hoovering cooking and washing oh and I mend or adjust clothes, curtains etc.

I fitted the new shower yesterday and will be building 3 new flat pack wardrobes, 2 bedside cupboards and 2 more sets of drawers on Monday.

Do I read instruction manuals - rarely, I think most instruction manuals need an instruction manual to understand them

over a year ago

"Steam generator at the ready lol x

Yes, how did you know?"

Just a wild guess

over a year ago

"i have a go first then i look at the pretty pictures and guess "

Haa haa haa haa my kind of gal...I do the same!!

over a year ago

I give all new gadgets to my best friend- he works them out and then tells me what to press to make them work

over a year ago

"there,s a lady on here,, with a loft full of boxes,, with instruction in side them,,, how cool is that,, i mean her loft is full of boxes,,, "

Cool Story Brother

How did i miss that thread

over a year ago

Thank god video recorders are old hat, never did get to make one work even with the manual. Generally subscribe to the if all else fails read the manual approach.

over a year ago

I've put together enough wardrobes, cabinets, tables and beds in my lifetime that I only need a glance at the instructions to work it out. I always feel particularly gutted if I haven't got at least ten screws left at the end to add to my collection cos ya just never know when ya gonna need a good screw!

over a year ago

I managed to get hold of my car's owner's manual and read it back to back twice before I picked her up!

That's how sad I am, and yes, I read the instruction manuals!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

i read instruction manuals one i found the english bit.......and turned it the right way round

By *yber pimpMan
over a year ago

durham area

RTFM every time, does help to prove that the ladies are not totally useless with more technologically advanced than an iron or a dish washer

over a year ago

I hand it to my teenage daughter, let her work it all out then she shows me how to do the simple stuff.

over a year ago

Honeypot dont stress yourself out about the camera.

Years ago I got Steven a camera, the blooming distructions werent in the box, in the 4 years we used it he never was able to get the thing working but I always did, well until it gave up the ghost late last year

Replaced it with an idiot proof (the woman who sold me it said my cat could work it honest she did) and guess what??

Shaky pics, blurry pics,goes thru batteries at some rate of knots, ohh and my lappy dont like the memory card and wants to reformat it

Keep your fingers crossed Steven can salvage the holiday snaps later on today, please??

Shona

x x x

By *ansue35Couple
over a year ago

yorkshire

I do not read them, but sometimes I wish i had LOl

Hope all works out for you.

Ian

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

Im a bloke...of course not!

Post new Message to Thread